By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Application Division is seeking new mods.
    Click here for more information!

Convalescence

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Veloce Visrin, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Eve

Eve Black Cat
    you can't erase your past

Child
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Eve looked at Veloce, and then at her hands, clearly ashamed. She hated this. She hated this fear that she couldn't control, the instinct in the back of her head to run and head, and another instinct telling her to lash out. But her anger wasn't at Veloce. It was at herself. This was all her fault. She should be able to control herself. She looked her father, feeling the stirring of fear in the back of her mind, and shook her head.

"S-she's right. I sh-should be b-better than this. Stronger than this," she said, slowly curling into a ball. Her tone very slowly slipped into a monotone, and she almost seemed to be expectant. "I'm hurting you, and that's not okay. I'm sorry."

Veloce Visrin and Arcade Gannon like this.
  2. Veloce Visrin

Veloce Visrin Carciphona

Sorceress
    Race:
    Human (Demon-bound)
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    "I'm not looking for an apology. And I doubt your father is, either." Veloce desummoned her bottle, relinquishing it back to the ether with a soft hush and a few wisps of pale smoke. She crossed her arms as she regarded Eve, and the sharp lines of Veloce's mouth went marginally softer.

"Now you're terrified of your father, and because of it, he doesn't want to be near you. But at the same time, no parent with a lick of sense would let their child out of their sight after what happened." Her gaze shifted to Mr. Gannon standing over at his place of self-exile before returning to Eve. "And so you continue to be terrified. Obviously, things can't stay as they are. What are you going to do to correct this? Either of you?"

Arcade Gannon likes this.
  3. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout

Doctor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Arcade wasn't proud of it, but he was very distracted when Veloce's bottle just disappeared in a puff of smoke. Magic was never going to be something he would just accept without a second glance. It was the kind of thing that never would have happened in his world. That kind of ridiculousness just wasn't anywhere in the Wasteland.

Eventually, though, he pulled his attention away from that and back to the conversation, where he was being pressed into giving a solution. "A friend of mine suggested I have her talk to a therapist once she's well enough to leave the hospital. I agree with her, it sounds like it'll do some good."

Veloce Visrin likes this.
  4. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Child
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "I-I don't know," Eve said, and again she was too quiet, her voice lacking emotion. She didn't look at either of them, she couldn't bare to. It was unfair, on both of them, that she couldn't be stronger. She was supposed to be stronger, right? She had failed, she was failing. To get better, to improve, and she still couldn't face her father.

She examined the backs of her hands carefully, not really looking up, or at anything. The idea of going to a psychologist terrified her a little. A lot, actually. She didn't know what to say, how to reply. But she wanted to get better. She had to get better, had to be stronger.

She couldn't be afraid anymore.

5. Veloce Visrin

Veloce Visrin Carciphona

Sorceress
    Race:
    Human (Demon-bound)
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Therapy. That was what Cole, the mind-reader who stood between the mortal and spiritual planes, had suggested to Veloce that one night back in winter, when he'd intruded on her in a private moment of worry. Veloce had declined then... But for Eve, perhaps the ear of a third, uninvolved party would help.

"It's worth trying," Veloce said.

She watched Eve for a moment. The other girl had gone still, seeming to withdraw on herself. Unease tightened Veloce's spine. The sight reminded her of the doctor's laboratory, the rows of caged people laying about in various states of listlessness, subdued by pain and fear and chemicals. In a way, it seemed Eve hadn't quite been able to leave that place behind.

Veloce exhaled loudly, then stood. She rounded by the table where she'd laid out the snacks. Plucking something from the pile, Veloce came to Eve's bedside and dangled the item like a fish before she tossed it onto Eve's lap. The clear packaging showed little tablet candies lined up in different shades of pastel.

"They melt in your mouth," she said. Veloce paused, then added, "When I'm down, I like to have sweet things." To cut the bitterness of life. Too stupid a sentiment to voice out loud, but there it was.

Arcade Gannon likes this.
  6. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout

Doctor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Of course it was worth a try, Arcade didn't say. If it got Eve even a little better, anything was worth trying. He was determined to do anything he possibly could to make things better for her. She needed that much from him.

He was so caught up in his thoughts, he almost didn't notice what was going on in the other side of the room. He blinked in surprise and startled slightly when he noticed Veloce suddenly toss some candy on Eve's bed. Well, comfort food was always nice, even if the method of getting the food wasn't the most comforting.

7. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Child
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Eve nodded,, and some conviction helped to lessen the strange mood that she was in. Then the candy landed on her lap, and she started upright in surprise, before settling down. She had almost forgotten about the food, but Eve was hungry. "T-thank you," she said to Veloce, and began to eat them.

They weren't a type of lolly that she had had before, but she liked them. They were sweet, and flavoured with different stuff, and they made her smile. "S-sweet things are nice." She knew that. She had always known that. Well, not always, but for a lot of her life. Well, for the past year or so. It would always surprise her how much better they made her feel.

8. Veloce Visrin

Veloce Visrin Carciphona

Sorceress
    Race:
    Human (Demon-bound)
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    There was an almost perceptible change in Eve's demeanor mere seconds after she began to eat, a little bit of the tension seeping out of her as the sugar went to work. Veloce absorbed her gratitude with a silent nod. It was a small thing, this offering of snacks, no more than a distraction from what was to come. The real work would start after Veloce departed, and Eve was left alone yet again with her father, his face an undeniable reminder of everything that had happened.

But Veloce had seen what Eve was made of, back in that room of cages. She trembled now, but her core was steel. She would get through this and find her way back to some semblance of normalcy. The only question was how long it would take.

"Well. It was good seeing you, Eve," Veloce said, easing away from her bedside, "but I should be going. Take care of yourself."

As she crossed by Mr. Gannon's line of sight on the way to the door, Veloce stopped long enough to conjure up a slip of paper from trails of white smoke. She offered it to him, her expression cool. A deep, lingering unsettlement still formed knots in her gut at the sight of him, but at least now she could mostly stand to meet his eyes.

"My number. If you... If either of you need help, let me know."

Arcade Gannon and Eve like this.
  9. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout

Doctor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Comfort food was a concept Arcade was still learning in Pandora. Everything in the Wasteland was either practical and boring, or 200-years old, not like the food Pandora offered. Before being kidnapped, eating something had never really seemed to be a solution to any problems, especially since that'd result in a lot of radiation poisoning.

But, no, Eve seemed to be getting something out of the candy, and that brought just the smallest hint of a smile to his face. It wasn't a big change, and it didn't fix all of her problems, but it was better than nothing.

Before Veloce could really make her exit, she was suddenly handing him some paper. He was almost too distracted by the magic trick to realize what she was doing, but when he shook that off, he nodded gratefully and accepted.

"Thank you." It seemed to be a big thing for Veloce to trust him that much after... everything.

10. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Child
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Eve smiled and nodded. She had enjoyed having Veloce there, but she knew that the woman had her own life, her own friends. They had only known each other for a short time, and most of that had been in bad circumstances. She wouldn't be surprised if she never met Veloce again after this, not that she wanted that to happen.

She saw what had happened, Arcade accepting Veloce's number, but also closed her eyes again, falling back asleep surprisingly quickly.