HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Converging Wishes // Stardust's Organizer

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Stardust, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Stardust

Stardust Player

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral

Converging Wishes

Stardust's Organizer

[​IMG]

About MeHey, I'm Stardust! I was a member here a little more than a year ago under the alias "Ignika" and playing Potemkin from Guilty Gear. It feels good to be welcomed back, and by so many familiar faces too! I don't have any plans right now to pick up my old character and I kind of have some new philosophies moving forward with respect to Pandora. Right now I'm writing Piccolo from Dragon Ball and thinking of picking up one other character in the future.

Role Playing Habits & Notes
    • I'm usually fairly quick on the draw -- about 1-3 days between replies on average.
    • Definitely available for rapidfire! Just hit me up.
    • I usually don't write more than one or two characters on a site.
    • My post length tends to vary, but in general, I tend to keep it brief. I don't match post length and don't expect my partners to match mine either.
    • I don't really like planning things out beyond having a rough idea of a starting point and maybe an end, but I don't like threads that are just meet-'n'-greet either.
    • I knock before entering opens and I typically don't post them myself.
    • Generally don't post on Wednesdays due to work + a strong commitment to an offline hobby that day.
    • I'm pretty communicative OOC and make it a point to keep in touch with partners if I'm busy or unavailable.

Roleplaying Preferences
    • OOC, I generally like fast partners or at least consistent partners. I don't like being kept waiting for much more than a week without prior notice.
    • Dropping threads without telling me is my biggest peeve. Communication is practically a must and I'd like to stay in touch.
    • I also tend to gravitate toward partners with shorter replies (>500 words average). No offense meant, I just like quick back-and-forth without a lot of splicing.
    • Threads where stuff happens. I generally like to keep things moving and give them direction.
    • I only want a few threads at a time! I get overwhelmed easily with the number of threads I'm actually involved in.
    • Low-key: I really like writing with characters I don't actually know anything about.

LimitsNothing that's actually allowed on the site! The things that make me squeamish or uncomfortable are either really NSFW or something I have to encounter in real life, not through text or on a computer screen, so don't worry about making me uncomfortable.

Piccolo // ? ? ?

#1 Stardust, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  2. Stardust

Stardust Player

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral

Piccolo

Dragon Ball

[​IMG]

Former Demon King, current murderhobo. Piccolo's background is unusually complicated considering his source material, but the gist of it is that he's an alien sent to Earth Superman-style, the physical manifestation of the evil in the heart of the Earth's God before he got rid of it take the position, and a reincarnation of himself. Also knows mystical martial arts and has weird powers. Questions? Probably best to refer to his bio or just ask me directly. If you're kinda familiar with Dragon Ball but still a little confused because you were under the impression he's one of the good guys, he actually is later in the series and I just plucked him from a point on the timeline where he's the Big Bad Evil Guy™.

Notes
    • Not in any particular town or location, and has no desire to be. He can easily get from point A to point B by flying too.

• Physically and mentally asexual, so definitely not down for romantic relationships.

• Actually doesn't know he's an alien and thinks he's an Earthling (not hard to make that assumption on Dragon Ball's Earth either). Definitely a demon, though, which is kind of a "tacked on" thing in the series' context.

• May or may not be weaker than he is in canon in Pandora -- I have no idea yet. He might be from a series with a huge emphasis on POWAR LEVULZ, but I tend to write in a "as strong as the plot demands" sort of style, so expect me to just wing it instead of hashing things out, unless you want to.

• I'm not-so-secretly a huge weeaboo when it comes to Dragon Ball and tend to use Japanese terminology for the series. Dragon Ball/Z's original dubs have fairly poor translation quality and I'm aware that a lot of stuff surrounding Piccolo is translated wrong or completely absent, so bear with me if you've seen the series and something seems "off" or just ask me about it.

PlotsWill add soonish!

#2 Stardust, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  3. Son Goku

Son Goku Dragon Ball

Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    PICCOLO PICCOLO PICCOLO PICCOLO

First of all I love that you took him from when he was the Big Bad Demon Jerk because gosh that makes things interesting and even more confusing for poor Goku who thought he was over this entire thing.

Even if Goku is taken from a spot where he's stupidly strong, if Piccolo wants a rematch (which we both know he does), Goku is going to oblige and hold back. Strength doesn't matter when you want a good fight, after all! Will he be completely confused about how Piccolo somehow became evil again? Totally. Especially since neither of them seem to... age much (honestly they just got more muscular that's it).

I'm rambling though- TL;DR, Goku will be happy to clash with Piccolo and will more than likely try and make him a 'good guy' again.

4. Stardust

Stardust Player

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    GOKU GOKU GOKU GOKU

You really have such a good grip on Goku and so I'm kind of excited by the idea of threading. It'll be really interesting to play them off of each other with the timeline shenanigans.

I kind of want to do some sort of plot that doesn't directly involve fighting, but I feel like this is something important to write out because the main thing "chaining" Piccolo right now is his rivalry with Goku, and some sort of resolution to that would move whatever I'm doing with him forward, since Goku is pretty much Piccolo's only motivation for possibly wanting to leave Pandora.

Did you have anything else in mind for a setup? I figure that either of them powering up would probably alert the other to their whereabouts and that could be a decent jumping off point.

(Also, side note here, but I do get the impression that there's some semi-noticeable aging after the Raditz timeskip -- Piccolo definitely looks a good bit taller -- and I peg him a good bit shorter in my bio -- and more mature in later arcs, but Goku definitely looks like he hardly ages a lick. But Goku isn't the most perceptive person, so I'm not sure if he'd notice, and I don't think it's what'd tip Piccolo off to the fact that something isn't right.)

5. Son Goku

Son Goku Dragon Ball

Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Thanks! Goku's a bit tough to get the hang of, especially when he's portrayed a little bit differently in every series.

Anyways, I get not wanting to hop straight into fighting, this is Pandora where people """"""communicate""""""". But there might be a bit of conflict, less so from Goku's side since he's already handled the whole 'Demon Piccolo' thing in his head. I'm sure that Goku can still be a driving force for Piccolo during his time in Pandora- I mean, Goku is still going to try and convince Piccolo to join the good guys, but I'm sure Piccolo isn't going to be a fan of the increasing gap between them.

I can see Goku powering up as a way to get them to run into each other! I mean- crazy, accidental displays of power have been how he's gotten peoples attention around here so far, so why stop the trend? He's definitely going to be somewhere more 'outskirts-y', either wandering around fields or forests, since he hasn't really had much reason to go deep into any towns yet.

(also yeah he's going to have a bit of trouble picking out any major differences with Piccolo- if anything the biggest thing he's going to notice until being blatantly told is "hey Piccolo you're looking a bit meaner than usual" and even then he'll just.... glaze over it)

6. Stardust

Stardust Player

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Hey, sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this! It seems like we've got a pretty decent setup for this already and we're all agreed on the details. I figure it'd be best to kick things off. Story-wise, I feel like it would be best if you could write a starter. Any location within your "out of the middle of nowhere" parameter should work just fine. For a date, I can do anything after December 23rd.

7. Yoink

Yoink WAKANDA FOREVER

No worries! I don't have a problem kicking it off, so just look out for a starter soon! :D

Stardust likes this.