By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Crash, bang, POOF

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Illyana Rasputina, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Illyana Rasputina

Illyana Rasputina Marvel Universe

X-men
    Race:
    Mutant/Demon Sorceress
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    @June 13, Year 7
    @Wally West

When Ororo had picked Stripper-karaoke as Kitty's bachelorette party, since leading this team for Shan had kept Yana a little too busy to plan it herself, she'd agreed- but hadn't been quite sure how it would play out. Her brother was kind of a prude, love him or not, and Kitty was too. But honestly, it sounded like a blast, and even if the evening was kind of chaotic with all of the X-ladies there it was definitely a night to remember. Singing, half-naked people, champagne in huge quantities, and the delightful camaraderie that came with celebration with friends; what else could do for Kitty Pryde, her best friend in the world, in her last few days before joining the family? Magik was so glad she hadn't had to miss it.

It was in the wee hours of the morning, the sun just starting to edge up on NYC, that Illyana finally parted ways with them so she could check in with her team. One stepping disc later and she was in the familiarly demonic hellscape of Limbo, reaching for another disc that would take her back to Hatchi HQ-

Then, from nowhere and everywhere, black cords burst between the layers of reality to surround Illyana. Hissing and cursing in Russian she reached for her Soulsword as she was encased in the clinging darkness. She tried to struggle against it, but there was nothing to struggle against. Nothing on nothing on nothing.

Then, something. A demonic landscape loomed again, a stepping disc close by leading out, but something wasn't right. She could feel her connection to the place, but the place wasn't the same. It might have looked infinite, but that was its nature; the scope of this was smaller, bound by an unseen force like the vines themselves. This wasn't right, at all. Brow furrowed with confusion and rage- how dare someone do this after she was finally having a nice night?!- Magik kept her anger pent up for the moment and sat down on the sand. She could almost hear Doctor Strange counseling patience as she sat cross-legged in her back jumpsuit and rested her hands palms-up on her knees and concentrated on the mystical energies.

Foreign, strange, unfamiliar, with only the vaguest tendrils of what would usually exist at the edges of her senses. Oh Abyss, this was some kind of a mess, wasn't it? Great. Opening her eyes slowly, a scowl replacing the calm expression, she rose from the dirt and dusted herself off, then started toward the portal. Who knew what was going to await her on the other side, but she'd be twice-damned if she wasn't going to meet it head-on.

Wally West likes this.
  2. Wally West

Wally West DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Wally knew he was still healing from his run in with a group of thieves and Artemis wouldn't want him to re-injure himself by running on his bad leg, but the wound was almost healed already, there was just a dull ache when he left to much weight on it for too long. Plus he just needed to get away, some time on his own, to think, to figure things out and so while she was out he once again slid on his costume, before doing the one thing which allowed him to have freedom to think. He started running, slowly at first, a dull ache in his leg leg but slowly the ache began to fade and then he was gathering momentum, nothing more than a colourful blur in the air. He wasn't going flat out, he wouldn't do that, it would tire him quickly and he was wary of overdoing it but it was still fast enough that he could enjoy the peace of it, thoughts drifting to his fellow team mates he'd run into so far.

Artemis, still a badass who could keep him in line dealing with her sister who apparently had a baby now? Conner, living with his aunt who he considered almost mum like? Dick, who was apparently dating that said aunt and maintaining himself as Nightwing, Wally knew there was more going on with Dick, he'd had a worn down look when Wally had tried to push for information on the other members of his family because upon finding Dick he'd heard of others and Wally had a feeling he would have to learn more from Dick about it at some point, maybe even offer a supportive helping hand. But either way all of them had set themselves up in this new place, started new lives, none of them were even attempting to find out or back, what if earth was in danger while they are stuck here in an alternate universe?

He grimaced, he had reached sand now, ahead there was water, he shifted so he was running down the beach, pale, green eyes fixing ahead through his goggles as he wondered how he could begin to research their way out of this place and it was then it happened. A blonde young woman seemingly stepped out of a hole from nowhere directly in front of him, his eyes widened with surprise and he knew he was going to hit them. He tried to slow down and swerve around her at the same time, his injured leg burned and he was swearing profusely, loudly"Shit, shit, shit! "As he knew even with his efforts there was no avoiding them and then the next thing he knew he was slamming into them, grabbing them in an attempt to not kill them with the reverberations in the collision. But that unbalanced him and instead of saving them, they both went flying.

#2 Wally West, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Illyana Rasputina likes this.
  3. Illyana Rasputina

X-men
    Race:
    Mutant/Demon Sorceress
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Not knowing anything about this place it was hard to pinpoint exactly where this stepping disc was going to take her, even with her natural mutant ability to make and sense them- which was why she ended up about ten feet in the air. At least the ground seemed soft from up here, sandy and loose, and she shifted to land on a knee and not flat on her butt, then started to rise. The beach? It was entirely unfamiliar and she took a wary look out toward the water first, then back around, glancing back at the cliffside. Where was this? Not Muir Island, not New York, not even Jamaica- and definitely not around Hatchi Corp. What in the Abyss-

She didn't have time to finish the thought as, out of the corner of her eye Magik noticed the sand cloud, turned toward it with an air of familiar foreboding- and was promptly smacked into by someone moving at a very fast speed. Immediately the wind was knocked out of her and she reeled off her feet, only to be stopped and pulled along, falling. Confused, frantic and angry as all hells she reached out a hand, summoning a stepping disc to one of the open, featureless expanses of Limbo's 'desert', and fell through it. He, of course, fell in behind her.

Landing with a rolling thud Illyana quickly pulled herself to her feet and raised a hand, calling her Soulsword into it, and spun to point it at the prone male figure in what looked very much like one of Pyro's old suits. Or one of Sam's. It didn't really put her at ease, but it did stop her from continuing her approach, if only because there was so much to process that she needed a moment. This world was getting weirder and weirder and she ignored the aches of new bruises as she gasped for breath and kept the sword steady in her grip. "Nice try but I don't go down that easy. Now, what the hell was that about," she said, not so much a question as a low, intense statement of someone who was very confused and at the last straw of their patience. "Where was that, and who are you?"

Wally West likes this.
  4. Wally West

Wally West DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    He knew as he lost balance that he was going to have to release his grip on the stranger else he could still kill her by ploughing her into the sandy ground and almost as soon as he did something weird was happening. Some kind of disc opened out of thin air and both of them tumbled through it. This cut both their momentum dramatically, though not enough to stop either of them hitting the sandy ground hard, Wally felt himself spinning on landing and pain lashed briefly up his leg before finally he came to a stop, flat on his back on the sand. He wanted to just lay there, his body aching and groaning, but something had just happened that Wally did not understand, so he pushed himself up into a sitting position to find the blonde he'd ploughed into standing glaring at him with some kind of cool, glowing sword pointed in his direction.

He stared at the sword with wide, pale green eyes, then back at the girl, then back to blade as in a dazed fashion he questioned"Is that a magic sword?" Not quite believing what he was seeing, but even as his gaze shifted back to the woman she was speaking. If anything Wally's eyes went wider as she went on and finished with a couple of questions. At which point he found he had gained control over his mouth again and started speaking"Where was what? Wait what? You think I was attacking you? No, I was just running... Clearing my head.. Thinking and stuff.. When you appeared out of thin air directly in front of me.... How was I supposed- Hey wait, this isn't the beach... Where the hell have you brought me?"

His pale, green gaze had fixed beyond the woman, noting only rolling dunes of sand and now was looking all about him in shocked surprise. He scrambled backwards, suddenly wanting to be on his feet and also wanting to put some distance between himself and her magical looking sword as he added"Can't you point that magic glow stick of destiny someplace else? I don't wanna- Oh shit, where the hell have you brought me?" He was on his feet now, ignoring the pain that raced up his left leg, as well as his fast mounting exhaustion as he looked about himself with slow mounting dread before muttering to himself"Oh Artemis is going to kill me for this..."

5. Illyana Rasputina

X-men
    Race:
    Mutant/Demon Sorceress
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    He seemed to recover pretty quickly as she watched and by the time she had the sword back around he was sitting up and clear-throated enough to ask about the sword. That wasn't weird, especially for people in what seemed to be super-suits, and it almost made Illyana wish she'd had time to get into her own. There was a sort of formality in it. Well, too late now. Besides, there was more chatter coming and she gave the speedster a look of wary bemusement as more words tumbled out. He was definitely a talker, but so long as he wasn't shooting her she didn't really have a reason to complain, did she? It was kind of an abrupt situation for both of them.

If she were open to admitting her mistakes at this exact moment or talking to a friend she might have admitted that she hadn't meant to drag him into Limbo, and that it was as much a natural defense for her as running and talking seemed to be for him. The fact that he had good points, hadn't gotten up and was reminding her a great deal of a friend or two helped her to calm down too. She wasn't quite ready to concede entirely, or to put her blade away, but she did shift her grip and pull it back a little, more resting at her side than pointed at him- though that could change in an instant. But she was more at ease than she had been to start, and more confused too.

"Hey, I asked first-" she started, gaping slightly, then shook her head and huffed, eyeing him closely as he started to stand up. Fine, if that's how he wanted to be. She didn't back away or give ground, staying where she was and keeping a careful eye on him instead. "Sounds like we're in a position to answer each other's questions. How about this. I'll tell you where you are now, and you tell me where we are out there," she continued next, gesturing with her free hand toward where the disc had disappeared after dropping them off. "What beach is that? California? Aruba?"

Fleet likes this.
  6. Wally West

Wally West DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    The blonde was wary of him but he could see a lingering bemusement in her eyes even if he was so distracted and so, so confused by what had happened. She was retorting in response to his questions, looking a little shocked but Wally didn't have eyes for anymore as he continued to take in his surroundings. Though he still made sure to pay attention to her actions and movements after all though she had lowered her blade she did still have it in her hands. Fidgeting slightly he gnawed on the inside of his cheek, analysing his situation, he was stuck in a desert with a strange blonde who had a crazy, glowing sword. His leg ached in a suggestive manner that hinted that his fall may not of helped with the healing he was meant to be doing and then there was the hunger in his gut, if he'd still been running this would of been when he turned back for home, but right now he didn't know where home was so he found himself muttering again"She's so gonna kill me, maybe even take a couple of pot shots first..."

A voice brought him from his thoughts and he looked towards the blonde, eyeing her now with his pale, green gaze as she offered a compromise. He continued to quietly consider her a moment, trying to ignore how his left leg's ache was growing more noticeable with every passing second even as the blonde asked her questions. His gaze went to the empty air where the disc had been, then back to the girl before his gaze went to the sand beneath his feet. She thought it was a beach on earth, some things began to slide into place and he let out a sigh before responding"It is no earth beach.... It was a beach in a place called Pandora, where some kind of force drags everyone here from all different worlds and timelines and apparently doesn't let them escape... I know it's confusing, I'm a recent arrival too and my heads still trying to wrap around it..."

He didn't know if his answer would satisfy her but he needed to sit down again, his leg hurt so hoping the girl wouldn't attack him with her glow stick he allowed himself to sit in the sand stretching his legs out and taking the weight off the wounded one. Now sat down he raised his suits googles to rest in his red hair, eyeing the girl with his pale green gaze while saying"I swear I wasn't trying to hurt you when I hit you, I didn't want to even hit you... I tried my hardest not to.. You just stepped out in front of me from nowhere and there was no time I thought I was going to kill you, I'm sorry..." His gaze dropped from the blonde to where he was now idly tracing lines in the sand with his fingers as he went on"Can you now tell me where you've brought me now and please tell me you can take me back? My girlfriend would murder me if I got stuck in yet another dimension without her..."

#6 Wally West, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  7. Illyana Rasputina

X-men
    Race:
    Mutant/Demon Sorceress
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    She may have been wary but Illyana wasn't jumpy by any stretch of the word. Uncomfortable, demonic and terrible as this world might have been, it was as much her home as anywhere ever could be, and when she wished it, it would shift to her whim. Standing, sitting, so long as he wasn't tensing and attacking, she really couldn't have cared less- well, save that it told her much. Standing on shifting sand made his limp a little more evident too. He sat back down she didn't bat an eye, merely standing there, like a careful person who was meeting a stranger under uncertain circumstances. It was probably still a little more jarring than running into a stranger in the street, but she had no rancor or venom in her gaze. It could have been worse.

When he started to talk about the beach, it not being from Earth, her eyes became more focused as she glanced around her. They were in Limbo but the odd feeling to it drew her mind back to the way she'd been dropped before. That hadn't been natural, but that didn't mean she'd ended up on another world- until now anyway. Pandora. The name didn't mean anything to her, except in the Greek myth that everyone seemed to know, but it wouldn't surprise her to find that there was some dimension or planet that could have caused the story, or been named after it. Glancing back at Wally she gave him an intent look, but he didn't seem to be trying to pull a fast one. There was sincerity in the confusion and the lack of fancy explanation.

Not that it made anything better, but it was good to be dealing with someone who didn't have an obvious reason to lie.

His apology drew a faint smile to the corner of her mouth and she shook her head, reminded of old friends once again, and simpler times that were in another lifetime from now. Speedsters. "You're just in Limbo, and fortunately you have the best guide for it. Sit down before you pull whatever's wrong with your leg," she told him with a tone of bemused firmness, banishing her sword from her hand and waving the other one to cause two chairs to rise from the shifting sands in a smooth motion. "It's a pocket dimension of- well, it was my universe but I guess it's on Pandora now."

Wally West likes this.