HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Cruise Control

Discussion in 'Myrtle Beach and the Shimmering Sea' started by Amy Wellard, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Amy almost missed Genji's question, too enraptured with the food. When she did manage to get it through her head, she swallowed and hummed in thought. She couldn't exactly admit that she had met an ancient alchemist who was simultaneously her most trusted friend and utterly terrifying. So, she decided to be a bit more subtle.

"Honestly, pretty great," she said, "there've been some unpleasant moments, like the time the bar I was relaxing in was flooded with monsters thanks to someone's arrival. But mostly I've just been able to work and enjoy some peace and quiet in Horizon. It's really gorgeous there."

Not that anywhere in Pandora was less than gorgeous when compared to her broken world. The bits of it she had seen at that point, anyway. Pandora Town wasn't a paradise in the desert, but at least it was clean.

Genji Shimada likes this.
  2. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch
    To know yourself is to be at peace.

Ninja
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    So she was having a positive experience for the most part. That was good to hear, even if apparently monsters got involved at some point. The fact that she lived in Horizon actually made Genji raise an eyebrow in curiosity. Horizon was a place he heard about a lot, one that he never got the chance to visit and experience how beautiful it really was. He knew McCree lived there, so maybe one of those days he could visit him at his house... assuming Jesse ever stopped at home at some point.

"Horizon? Is it really as beautiful as people say? Ever since I got here, I mostly stuck to Pandora Town and only went to Cascade Bay a few times. Always had some interest in visiting, but I never found the time to go there."

He was interested enough in the topic that he didn't even focus on eating too much anymore. He wasn't taking his time with each bite and his gaze seemed fixed on Amy, showing genuine curiosity with no attempt to be subtle about it.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  3. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Only a few months in Horizon was enough for Amy to become enraptured with it. Everything about it was just perfect in her opinion. It was what drew her to the town in the first place, and seeing it had made that decision even better.

"It's amazing," she said, slightly dreamily, "I mean, Cascade Bay sounds amazing too, but there's something about Horizon that's just perfect. Just the fact that it's this beautiful land in the middle of so much danger. It... it's like, no matter how terrible something might seem, there's always some good to be found."

Maybe it was like her, in a way. What with the Green Lung and not realizing that she was bugged and leading Tiberius straight to the resistance, getting almost all of them killed. Maybe she hoped that there was something good about her despite the failure and deadly disease.

4. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Ninja
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    That was a reasoning that Genji could understand, but wasn't expecting to come from Amy. "No matter how bad it looks, there's always something worth looking for" seemed to what Horizon symbolized to her and from what he was hearing, it sounded accurate enough.

"Looking for the positives and appreciating them even when it is surrounded by negatives, I like that way of thinking." Genji was softspoken, almost contemplative in a way, a relaxed smile forming in his lips. "I really should take some time to visit Horizon one of these days then. Maybe go on vacation for a week or so."

He then glanced at his surroundings, briefly having to remind himself that he was in a cruise ship, and a very luxurious one at that.

"Well, another vacation, that is" He laughed a little before resuming eating.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  5. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    It seemed that an agreement was reached as to the value of something despite problems. Amy smiled at that, feeling something other than the simple infatuation settle in her stomach. Genji was more than simply cute and excited, but also had a more soft-spoken side, which Amy liked as much as the rest of him.

She giggled at Genji apparently forgetting that he was already on vacation. The cruise had only just started, it made sense that it hadn't really sunk in yet. The two started eating again, until Amy decided it was probably her turn to ask a question.

She knew exactly how uncomfortable asking about someone's world could be-- it wasn't exactly her favorite question to answer-- but perhaps there was a way to ask around it. "So, has Pandora been a big change for you?" she asked, "or is it pretty much just like your world?"

6. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Ninja
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Well, it looked like his moment of forgetfulness made her laugh a little. That was nice, it meant that she was starting to feel more comfortable around him, instead of just getting flustered and struggling to talk. Of course, soon it was her turn to begin asking questions, one that was of a similar, but still fairly distinct topic.

"The change was easy to adapt to, actually. The general technology level in Pandora seems to be lower for the general population, but even that might be changing soon." He paused to take a bite out of some meat he had gotten for himself. "I heard there are hoverbikes being released now. They are pretty expensive, but I want to get one for myself. I loved riding those when I was younger."

Amy Wellard likes this.
  7. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    As someone who needed to be on top of the latest technology in Pandora, Amy had of course heard about the hoverbikes and was really curious to see one of them for herself. When Genji mentioned having used them before, an almost childlike grin grew on her face.

"You've ridden on those before?" she asked, "what's it like? I've been so curious to see what they're like. I mean, I can think of a few ways to possibly get things to hover like that, but they probably wouldn't be very fast." Her father had instilled in her a great love of all things mechanical, and that meant getting overexcited speculating exactly how hoverbikes could work.

8. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Ninja
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Amy seemed to have a passion for technology, given how she was demonstrating child-like excitement over how the hoverbikes worked, or at least how it was like to ride one. Genji sadly didn't know about the inner working very well, he was no mechanic, but he certainly knew how the experience felt.

"It feels very liberating. There is a lot more freedom when you don't have wheels, though you can't go too crazy with it, of course. I always liked trying to go as fast as I could..." He couldn't quite hide some showing embarrasment though. "Did have my fair share of crashes though."

Amy Wellard likes this.
  9. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Genji's description sounded right. She barely knew what it was like to drive a car, much less something that could fly! That liberating feeling must have been something, she was sure. Of course, it only made her want to ride one even more.

When Genji admitted to crashing a lot, she couldn't help but mentally compare him to Denby (the human, not the owlbear). Something stupid like that sounded just like something he would do if given the chance. At least Genji seemed to be embarrassed by it.

"Well, you're still here, so they must not have been too bad," she commented, "I hope if you get a chance to ride one here you won't be quite so reckless." That was oddly protective, she realized. Not that she didn't try to protect everyone she could, but still.

10. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Ninja
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Protective are we now?" Genji chuckled a little. He couldn't blame her for it, he was a very foolish youth back then, the fact he managed to get by without getting seriously injured for so long was nothing short of a miracle. "No need to worry, I will keep the high speed adventures to a minimum, or at least leave it for when I'm in an open field."

Genji then began digging into his food some more, eventually finding himself unable to finish his plate (not even close even), like he had anticipated. He leaned back into his chair and began rubbing his belly with a very pleased expression on his face.

"Well, I am finished." He then grabbed a napkin and began cleaning his mouth. "Once you are done, maybe just winding down a little would be good. We have not actually looked inside our room yet."

#30 Genji Shimada, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Amy Wellard likes this.
  11. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "No!" Amy immediately cried, then tried to explain, "I mean, well, kind of. Just, you know. I don't- don't want anyone getting hurt." The blush had returned in full force as she tried to make it sound like she wasn't protective of Genji in particular. For a golem, Denby was quite good at conveying just how unimpressed he was with just one glance.

When Genji started to eat again, Amy took it as an opportunity to not deal with the embarrassing conversation and instead enjoy what she had before her. Unlike him, she had only gotten what she could eat, and so her plate was almost completely clean.

"Right, our room," Amy muttered, still having trouble wrapping her head around sharing a room with someone so charming. Even if they had separate beds, she was dealing with emotions she was wholly unfamiliar with. "Yeah, we should check it out," she said, forcing herself to sound confident.

12. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Ninja
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    She just didn't want people to get hurt, but Genji would be included in that, no? Yet, she fervently denied being protective and got even more flustered. It was honestly funny how easily she got to such a state, even with perfectly innocent teasing.

Genji decided to not press on that topic so as to go easy on the poor woman and instead stood up from his chair, grabbing a banana to eat on the way back. He began leading the way back, even though Amy was the one who was carrying the key, and stopped a few steps from leaving the buffet to let Amy catch up with him, as well as for Kaida to fly back to him, which she did.

"Oh yeah, do you know how long this cruise is going to last? I was wondering how long we have to enjoy everything it has to offfer." He asked in another attempt at small talk.

#32 Genji Shimada, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Amy Wellard likes this.
  13. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    When Genji stood up to leave, Amy was quick to follow, after whistling lowly to Denby for his attention. Noticing Genji picking up yet more food to eat, she chuckled under her breath. Some people were just never full, were they? It was rather cute.

And that brought her thoughts right back around to how cute she found Genji which was not helping her mental state. 'Cute' wasn't really a word in her experience. Cooing over Denby (the owlbear, not the guy) was simple, since he didn't judge or anything, but admitting to finding a human cute was more than her brain could handle.

Genji's voice quickly cut through her thoughts, giving her something simple to discuss. "My friend said it'd be four days," she answered, "then said there'd be a 'special surprise' at the end, cackled and left me at the docks."

14. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Ninja
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Four days then? That was plenty of time to enjoy the cruise to it's fullest before going back home. Though the special surprise Amy mentioned in the end was a little concerning given that this friends of hers apparently cackled when mentioning it.

"Sounds like you have a very... peculiar friend."
    Genji chuckled before beginning to eat the banana on the way back.

He knew there were plenty of oddballs in Pandora and a lot of them just happened to be that way and were pretty harmless, but others... It was hard to tell. Still, if Amy was friends with that person then they couldn't really be all that bad.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  15. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Tell me about it," Amy scoffed, "she really likes looking innocent, scaring the hell out of people, and then going on like nothing's happened. Still, she saved my life, so I know she is a good person. Just... quirky." That was a massive understatement, but got the idea across fine.

The bedroom wasn't far at all from the buffet, so they were there before they knew it. Amy quickly unlocked the door and stepped inside, immediately feeling relieved that there were two beds. She was already dealing with a lot of emotions she didn't understand, so that was at least good sign.

The room was actually rather comfortable looking, a nice deep blue color with soft carpeting and a bathroom off to the side. Other than the beds and rather tacky ocean-themed knick-knacks, there was a large TV hanging on the wall across from the beds.

16. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Ninja
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    That description really made it sound like that friend of hers was a little imp, yet she saved Amy's life, so maybe she was just a prankster with a good heart. Not everyone needed to be well behaved to be a good person, after all, Genji knew that very well.

"Well, I suppose as long as she is not causing any harm, it should be fine. Sounds like quite a handful to deal with though." As much as Genji couldn't sympathize and he was aware that he was far from being the easiest person to deal with, he couldn't say for sure if he would have enough patience to deal with someone like that himself.

When they got into the room, Genji cast a glance around it. It looked fancy and comfortable, definitely, it even had a pretty big TV in there. He decided to test how comfortable the beds are and tried laying down on it. He pretty much sank into it for a second and he exhaled after experiencing how soft it was.

"Man, this is good." He chuckled, closing his eyes and already started feeling a bit of drowsiness. "I think I might just take a nap and let my body do it's work in peace."

Amy Wellard likes this.
  17. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Handful is one word for it," Amy agreed, "I heard a word that describes her pretty well... troll, I think it is? Anyway, I've yet to see her do anything that causes anything more than brief annoyance or maybe a scare, so it definitely could be worse."

But, they weren't there to discuss Cagliostro, but to enjoy the room. While Genji tested out one of the beds immediately, she opened up one of the chest of drawers nearby to see what was inside, surprised to see clothes in her side. Gee, who could have brought those for her?

She glanced up when Genji started talking and chuckled. "That comfortable?" she asked, approaching her own. Denby had already climbed up the side and stared at her as she examined the room on her own, so it had his seal of approval, apparently. She took a seat right next to him and hummed in surprise. "Wow, that is comfortable," she muttered. It wasn't like she had many quality beds to compare to, of course.

18. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Ninja
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Right?" Genji stretched himself on bed, looking ready to do as he said and nap for a while. He looked up at Amy sitting by his side, unable to keep himself from smiling at seeing her there. "So, what would you like to do after this? There are plenty of options here."

In the meantime, Kaida climbed over Genji and decided to lie down on his belly, looking like she was ready to go for a nap herself. Maybe she was just feeling the same wave of drowsiness that was hitting Genji now, that was probably the most likely reason.

"Or we can just stay here for a while and let our bodies process all the food we just ate and go do something else later." He suggested, glancing at the fire lizard lying on him and not really wanting to disturb her.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  19. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Amy wasn't used to people being comfortable, herself included. The fact that Genji seemed about ready to pass out was pretty new to her. Along with the odd feelings that had been assaulting her upon getting to the yacht, she was experiencing quite a few new things.

Speaking of feelings, when Genji caught her eye and smiled, Amy felt oddly embarrassed. Her cheeks started to heat up and she couldn't find it in her to keep eye contact, instead looking down at Denby as if the already napping pet was doing anything interesting.

Glancing between him and Kaida, she shrugged. "It looks like they're voting for naps," she said, "and I don't think I want to get out of this bed for a while." With that, she tipped over and laid down in the bed, awkwardly contorting herself to avoid where Denby was.

20. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Ninja
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Can't blame you."

Seeing how everyone had agreed to just take it easy for now and rest, Genji soon closed his eyes. It didn't take very long for him to drift into a peaceful, comfortable sleep with Kaida lying down on his belly.

-----------------------------------------------

A hour or so later, Genji opened his eyes and sat down on his bed, forgetting that Kaida was there and pretty much flipping the fire lizard awake. The lizard looked around frantically trying to understand what was happening before her eyes set on Genji and became very annoyed. All Genji did was give an embarrassed chuckle, apologizing to Kaida for the rude awakening through his thoughts.

Looking over to Amy, she still looked to be sleeping, so Genji quietly got out of bed and went to check the pamphlet with the facilities of the cruise to try to come up with something to do soon. His eyes immediately darted to the hot tub that was available. It was winter, so a regular pool might have been too cold for comfort, a hot tub though? That was perfect.

Genji took off his hoodie and shirt, revealing a dragon tattoo on his back, but then remembered that he didn't have any shorts or anything with him. Out of curiosity he decided to check if there was something in the drawers that he could wear, as he had seen Amy check them earlier.

Amy Wellard likes this.