By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Cruise Control

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Amy Wellard, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Amy's head snapped up when Genji placed a hand on her shoulder, her bright, red blush forgotten. Really, she had assumed that Genji would just immediately leave, since he was basically brought under false pretenses and had no reason to stay.

She should've realized he'd take it in stride, though. He had been pretty relaxed the entire time, even with the hormones that the potion caused to run rampant. It didn't make her blush any easier to fight down when he called her 'good company'.

"Uh... well, I mean," she cleared her throat to force herself to get ahold of herself, "right, yeah. I mean, I'm tempted to cut my friend's little joke short and stick her with the bill, but I mean... this is still a nice cruise..."

The worker seemed ecstatic clapping her hands and practically squeeing. "Oh, I was so worried for a second! You can't leave before your last big surprise after all!"

Genji Shimada likes this.
  2. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch
    To know yourself is to be at peace.

Bodyguard/Ramen Shop Owner
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    His words had an effect on Amy and she slowly but surely began feeling better about the situation, even deciding to let the cruise keep going and make the most out of it while they were still there. All things considered, even though this could be considered a prank of sorts, it was hardly an unpleasant experience, far from it actually.

Though he was starting to get bad feelings when the worked mentioned having one last big surprise for the two of them. Given how it had all been set up to be a date between the two of them, this was worrying.

"A surprise, huh? Well, what about it?"

Amy Wellard likes this.
  3. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Oh, no no no," the worker tsked, waving a finger at Genji, "I can't spoil it for you, you'll have to wait and see. I'll give you a hint, though, it's not going to start until we get back to the land." With that, she placed the hors d'oeuvres on a nearby table and took her leave.

"Could she be anymore ominous?" Amy deadpanned, then copied her chipper tone, "'I'll give you a hint, you'll be waking up in bathtubs full of ice afterwards!' Whatever it is, it's probably going to be the most forced-romantic thing imaginable." Probably all pink and covered with hearts. She shuddered just thinking about it.

4. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch
    To know yourself is to be at peace.

Bodyguard/Ramen Shop Owner
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    So they would only find out what that surprise was at the very end of the cruise. Genji took a deep breath, fearing what kind of awkward surprise was waiting for them once they returned to land. While Amy was definitely a nice lady to be around, he was going to need more time than this to decide whether he wanted to pursue a relationship at all and with how things started, there was a lot to get over for both of them as it was.

Still, he laughed at Amy's impersonation of the lady, finding it to be accurate even with the somewhat bizarre scenario she described. It was enough to take some of the edge off and he appreciated a nice sense of humor.

"Well, I guess we have to wait and see."
    He shrugged and smiled. "So, what do you want to do next?"

Amy Wellard likes this.
  5. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Amy sighed and shook her head, forcing herself not to get too nervous about the whole surprise thing. Whatever it was, they'd just deal with it. As most things in Amy's life, she just had to suck it up and get through it.

"After a conversation like that? I need something distracting. That arcade sounds like a good choice." She glanced around the ship, hoping not to run into too many other crew members who would give them knowing glances that she finally understood as she led the way to something much less difficult than understanding other humans.