HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Curious... Very Curious (arrival thread)

Discussion in 'Tavoie Borough' started by Haytham Kenway, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Haytham Kenway

Haytham Kenway Assassin's Creed

Bodygaurd//Templar
    Race:
    Human
    December 1st-Year 7

The anger from his interaction with Church still surged through his veins. But there was another feeling as he watched his son speak with the traitor: pride. For all the bellyaching he gave the boy on the voyage over, he had done well. And now a person who had sought to make both the assassins and Templars as uncomfortable as possible was gone. In large part thanks to their cooperation together, but in great part as well to Connor.

Maybe Jenny was right. Maybe the Assassins and Templars could finally unite. Maybe this was the way to do it. If only Connor would see sense….

”Well done.” Haytham said, patting Connor on the back, ”His passing was a boon for us both…..” And before Haytham could make his son feel too warm and fuzzy, he switched gears.

”C’mon. I suspect you’ll want my help retrieving that cargo-.”

”Father!”

That was the only warning he received really, before black vines wrapped around him. His hidden blade glancing off and doing nothing. Not even a scratch….. shock went over the old Templar’s face as he was dragged into the portal….

….. And the next thing he knew he was on the ground. A cold hard ground, cobblestone his brain managed as he felt around him. Snow falling down around, causing his fingers to chill. A completely different atmosphere to the Caribbean that was for sure. Hot and muggy traded in for cold and damp.

He got cautiously to his feet, looking around at the strange buildings, hand on his sword. ”…. Connor?” He called hesitantly, looking around for the tale-tell sign of white and blue assassins robes. No: he was not here. He had not been brought with him.

Alright then, Haytham. Some Precursor nonsense was bound to happen after messing with those temples…. He straightened up, sharp eyes looking around, a blue haze over his vision lighting up hide away points, but no gold nor strange lettering.

”Curious….”

2. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Eleanor was on a journey to Misty Hollow. Some would say travelling half of Pandora to ridicule a harmless charlatan would be a bit excessive but it was a good enough excuse to explore... well, everything really. Being on the surface was still something unusual for Eleanor and her foresight had given her more than enough time to explore the town. If she was lucky maybe she could even pay a visit to an old friend.

As luck would have it, she spotted an odd-looking man in one of the streets. Well, as odd as everyone else in Pandora but if his apparent confusion was anything to go by, he was new around here. His clothes and the fact that he sported a sword pointed to a, shall we say, primitive background. This was an interesting situation Eleanor couldn't simply ignore.

"Hello?"

Haytham Kenway likes this.
  3. Haytham Kenway

Bodygaurd//Templar
    Race:
    Human
    Haytham, though the light streamed down in the strange little town, there was no light really shed on the situation as a whole. It looked like a quaint little European village, perhaps in Germany, but surely not in the colonies.

The Templar then noticed a girl, approaching him in the mostly clear streets. Considering how it was the middle of the day, and most would probably be at work rather than here in what appeared to be a residential area, he was quite surprised. She herself looked strange: eyes weirdly vacant, outfit bunched up and scrunched like she was wearing old leather. And her mannerisms in general, including the vague ‘hello?’, put him on a strange edge.

Outwardly, he showed none of this of course. He smiled charmingly and bowed in greeting. ”Hello, Miss.” He greeted, and while he looked at ease, his eyes were spanning out escape points and vital organs he could stab if she tried anything strange. The situation was odd enough as it was that it made him gittery, ” Would you be so kind as to direct me? I went on a walk and completely got turned around.” He chuckled as he tipped his hat slightly, ”Old age will do that to you.”

The aim was to put her at ease: an old man lost on the streets. Nothing more nothing less.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  4. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    The man didn't look all that surprised by Eleanor's appearance and even bowed to greet her. Old customs like that were a bit ridiculous but this was harmless and even a little charming. Eleanor decided to play along and do her best imitation of a curtsy but due to lack of a skirt and finesse, she just awkwardly bent her knees and bowed her head to return the man's greeting.

He claimed to just need directions, maybe even a map of the town. But as Eleanor saw it, he was either starting to suffer the onset of dementia or, as she had guessed, he was a frightened newcomer. With Occam's razor in place, Eleanor decided to explain what was going on.

"The black vines brought you here, didn't they?" she said pointing at the ground "You are in Pandora now. There is no way out."

5. Haytham Kenway

Bodygaurd//Templar
    Race:
    Human
    There were other things, other than the strange suit that only crinkled more like old elephant skin as she did an awful curtesy at his bow, that had Haytham personally worried about the girl. For one: she had a strange needle like weapon on her arm that flashed in the light of the street as she moved. Haytham’s full focus of course: was to keep the mysterious girl from stabbing him with said needle.

It would be quaint if they could avoid that. She looked young, and while Haytham had no personal qualms over killing regardless of gender, age was of particular concern. He’d defend himself in any case.

She then pointed to the ground, explaining black vines and no way out. Pandora…. Like the greek myth, the first girl molded from clay opening the box of horrors. ”So where am I then, that I am locked here for eternity?” Haytham asked, dropping the pretense of lost citizen. ”Pandora?.... is this some kind of box full of horrors with nothing but hope beneath the earth?” If this was indeed Pandora’s box, then she was a horror. But it also meant if there was hope here, Haytham could continue to hope…. For a way out at least.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  6. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "No, it's just a name." Eleanor clarified. The man was already jumping to conclusions about the place, clearly not being used to people simply naming places after mythological characters to make them sound more attractive, regardless of if they actually applied.

"It's an entire world with people and features from other worlds. I can't completely understand it myself yet." That sounded like a good enough explanation to Eleanor, who was still getting used to living on the surface and didn't see much of a problem with finally being free "But it's a wonderful place."

Something called Eleanor's attention. While the man wore a very old style of clothes and clearly was used to more primitive technology, he also had an accent, a very familiar one.

"Are you British?"

7. Haytham Kenway

Bodygaurd//Templar
    Race:
    Human
    The girl’s dreamy eyes made her look as if she was not just physically on another world, but mentally on another world as well. She was hardly daft, but clearly a girl with her head in the clouds. Such that what came out of her mouth was only bits and pieces of information that Haytham was left to sow together himself. It was kind of frustrating, like dealing with a small child who was trying to give you directions.

”….. I see.” But he did not see. The entire thing seemed mad, and maybe she was mad. Her outfit and mannerisms certainly seemed mad. Best he not insult her by telling her this however. ”I don’t suppose there are agencies or the like that I may visit for more information? A library perhaps?” He couldn’t necessarily just stand here and shoot the breeze with this strange girl forever. Again something was…. Off about her that he could not explain.

”I’m sure its…. A quaint place.” He said, hesitantly. Clearly he’d form his own opinions in his own time. Whether wondrous or monstrous.

She then completely one eighty changed the subject: asking if he was British. ”Indeed I am. From London, originally.” He told her carefully, eyeing her. Just his luck she was some French maid with a displeasure towards the Empire he was born to. He’d rather the strange girl again: didn’t use that strange needle on her arm.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  8. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    The man wanted information. Maybe he hoped everything Eleanor had told him was just an exaggeration or even a straight-up lie. It wasn't smart to take everything strangers said at face value, after all. But if that was the case, he was just going to be disappointed.

"There is a library in West Court. Not that far from here, I think. But you will probably need a map first."

At least Eleanor could have some information for herself as well. The man was from England and not just from any part of England, but London itself. That certainly would provide a very interesting perspective on how this country she had heard of so much acted.

"Mother was from England but she never talked much about her homeland. I know yours isn't the same as the one she was born in but that just makes me even more curious. What is it like?"