By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Dangers of Street Racing

Discussion in 'Pandopolis' started by Vanellope von Shweetz, May 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Vanellope von Shweetz

Vanellope von Shweetz Wreck-It Ralph

Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    3 May yr 8
    @C.A. Rotwang

Vanellope's mouth formed a wide grin as she took the turn at a drift. She loved racing and she had been right, racing through Blackhaven was a lot like Slaughter Race back home and it made her a tidy little profit too as nobody expected her to drive as well as she did. She figured if she didn't move around a lot more, people would get wise to her but at this point a lot of people were still foolish enough to write her off as not a threat which was a decision she loved making them regret.

She gasped and swore in a way a child her age shouldn't do as the person behind her tried to sideswipe her. She then stood on the gas to regain her lead.

"Watch it jerk!" She yelled back at him only to get a one-finger salute in reply.

They were within sight of the finish line when he drove her onto the sidewalk.

"Look out! she yelled as she realized someone was coming out of the Clockwork Lotus. She squeezed her eyes shut and accessed her glitch so she passed harmlessly through him and squealed to a stop nearby.

"I am so sorry! Are you okay? she said jumping out of the car to check on the man she almost flattened ignoring the fact that she had completely lost the race. She had money enough that one loss wasn't that big a deal especially since this race didn't cost or pay much.

C.A. Rotwang likes this.
  2. C.A. Rotwang

C.A. Rotwang Metropolis
    Archetypal Mad Scientist

Inventor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Directory:
    link

For awhile, Rotwang had been dealing with a particularly tricky client who worked at the Clockwork Lotus in Blackhaven. Their commissioned invention wasn’t such a difficult thing to build - especially for someone as skilled as a man like Rotwang - but once the thing was built, the interested party had refused to pay a visit to him to collect it due to their so-called busy schedule. After a fair bit of arguing over the phone, Rotwang determined that the person on the other end would not take ‘no‘ for an answer, no matter what threats and swears he launched at him. To make matters more inconvenient, the customer sounded as if they had an irrational fear of the invention getting lost or smashed if it was sent in the mail, so it looked as if there was no choice but to go to the Clockwork Lotus with the new gadget. Rotwang sincerely hoped that this would be the only time he’d need to play a delivery man.

Once the package was delivered - or rather left at the front desk because the paranoid customer wasn’t present at the moment - Rotwang was more than ready to head home. He was just about to cross the street and approach the bus stop when he heard a little girl suddenly cry out a warning. He quickly turned to face the direction which the voice had come from - only to notice the kid was driving a car that was heading right at him! Before he was able to make sense of what he was looking at and how it was possible or legal, the inventor leaped into action. Quickly as possible, he threw himself out of harm’s way and landed onto the sidewalk. It was during that moment that he saw the child disappear and reappear from the corner of his eye.

By the time the girl had approached him to see if he had survived, he was already back on his feet and staring her down with his furious blue eyes. “Nein! I am not okay in any sense of the word! That could have very well been a fatal collision!” He squinted at her accusingly. “What ever is a minor doing behind the wheel of a car like that? This is not bumper cars! You are putting life at danger!” Suddenly, he looked a bit dizzy. “Ach, I must sit down! I fear you are driving me mad! Making me see things which had not really happened..!”

3. Vanellope von Shweetz

Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Vanellope listened to what he had to say and perhaps he was right but she was having too much fun.

"You're probably right but you have to realize I've always been a racer... it's in my code. she shrugged shoving her hands into the pockets of her sweatshirt.

"And no you're not seeing things she glitch teleported a few feet from where she had been standing to now stand by a nearby streetlight to prove her point.

"Who are you?"

C.A. Rotwang likes this.
  4. C.A. Rotwang

C.A. Rotwang Metropolis
    Archetypal Mad Scientist

Inventor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Directory:
    link

“You have always been a racer?!” Rotwang cried out in near hysteria. “In what realm would such a concept be allowed?!” The next statement she made didn’t quite make sense to him. "And how is racing in the middle of streets following a code?!” He blinked and almost missed the kid’s teleportation, but saw just enough of it to remark, “how are you doing that?!”

Feeling the need to recover from the almost-fatal accident, Rotwang took a seat on the curb and let out a heavy sigh. “I am C.A. Rotwang, an inventor from Metropolis, Berlin.” He felt fortunate to have not gotten injured, or at least not too badly. His left hand was scraped up a bit, but while it stung it’d likely go away in a day or two. All he hoped was that the girl wouldn’t be the overly helpful type and nag him to get medical treatment.

5. Vanellope von Shweetz

Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Vanellope shrugged mildly.

"I'm from a video game... so... yeah... racing is in my program code... stinkbrain! she replied as if it should have been obvious what she was talking about.

I'm also a princess but... I don't really dwell on that she then realized his next question "My glitch?" she paused to think about the question "I don't really know i... I just can" it was true she really didn't know how her glitch worked she just knew it worked and that was good enough for her.

C.A. Rotwang likes this.
  6. C.A. Rotwang

C.A. Rotwang Metropolis
    Archetypal Mad Scientist

Inventor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Directory:
    link

“A video game?” Rotwang mused aloud. He’d heard of these things before. They were like interactive films as far as he’d heard, and they seemed to be popular with the younger folks of Pandora. In Metropolis however, they were nonexistent. “Is that not dissimilar to Swimmy Clam?” He’d seen the button for the game on his phone, but hadn’t ever bothered to touch it.

“If you are indeed a program, computer code brought to life...” he continued, “then how can it be that you exist outside of the video game?” Perhaps this was another one of Pandora’s anomalies. Or maybe it wasn’t. The girl seemed to know how to control the glitch she spoke of, which made him wonder if she’d had it for a long while.

“That re-materialization trick you used is called a glitch, yes? Does that mean you are broken?” Rotwang asked with genuine curiosity. “That isn’t an effect of being removed from your video game realm, is it?” He looked down at the scrapes on his left hand briefly, only to realize the injury was starting to look a little more conspicuous. For that reason, he gently rested his mechanical right hand over it in hopes of preventing it from drawing attention.