HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete Dark clouds come again

Discussion in 'Library' started by Barbara Gordon, Jun 19, 2017.

1. They were gone and right now, there was nothing she could do about that. He had made sure of that, the man that had come here with Jason. A parting gift left in the form of a gun shot. The right side of her abdomen, had any organs been hit? How bad was the bleeding. The bullet hadn't gone all the way through, that much she did know. The bleeding on the outside at least, she was doing her best to try and control. But internally, there was nothing she could do about that. Just hope it wasn't that bad, because her own well being. That really wasn't her priority at the moment.

Focus. She couldn't afford to think about the pain right now. She was in no position to go after them but someone had to. The sooner the better. Before they got away, before they lost him again. Using one arm, she pulled herself up, just enough so that she could lean over her desk. Grab her phone, that's what was her goal. When she managed that, she went straight to her contacts and hit Bruce's number.

Just as the call popped up, her phone slipped from out of her grasp Falling at just the right angle that it bounced off the desk and fell in behind it. "dammit." She groaned aloud. Any other time retrieving her phone would have been simple. A little annoying, but easy. It just required crawling under the open space where she chair currently was. Something that was easy when she didn't have one hand firmly pressed against her torso trying to stop the bleeding.

late June 15th/Early June 16th
    @Batman

2. Batman

Batman DC Universe

CEO of Stark Industries
    Race:
    Human
    Batman's fist was splattered with blood and mucus as he broke the nose of the latest Hydra operative he had tracked down, all small time members doing trafficking jobs, never anything big. Only just a little bit of info he'd find with them, everything was so compartmentalized it was clear Hydra had been around for far longer than just the couple of Years Pandora had existed at this scale. Still nothing brought him closer to the man Jason had put in his sights, Grant Ward. He snarled and grabbed the man by the throat, tossing him to the floor of the garage they'd been in. He grabbed his ankle and dragged him over to some chains, tying them tight around the ankle, he hoisted him up and left him dangling upside down. He walked over to the tool tray, stepping on the broken fingers of one of the larger goons he'd taken down, a large African who's skin was almost wholly consisting of shrapnel wounds and burns from years of war. He grabbed a wrench and tested the weight. He turned around and walked back over to the man. "Grant Ward! Tell me where he is now!" He he smacked over some barrels with the wrench, denting one side inward and sending them clanging across the floor.

"You think you can scare me with some chump tactics!?"
    The man was defiant, scared but clearly still loyal to his cause. Admirable, for scum. "I have all night and a room full of tools to help me!" It was mostly a bluff, he'd at best break a rib or two with a blow from the wrench in the right areas. "You know I can make you bleed to death with spilling a drop, all internal." Just as he was about to go on in detail the hud on his cowl showed an incoming call from Barbara. He took the time to answer it since his prisoner was going nowhere. "What is it?"

#2 Batman, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Barbara Gordon likes this.
  3. A ring, and then another. In the silence she could hear each one clear as day. Like each ring was taunting her. Answer or he mght come here, and she couldn't let that happen. So despite the pain, she leaned down. Reaching as far as she could. Able to grab her phone just as the other line picked up. What is it? "Jason." Her voice strained, her eyes closed, deep breath. Tell him what happened, and he could handle this. He had to. He was the only one right now that could. "Jason is-was here..."

Another pause. "He was here. A man brought him here. But they left. I don't- know where they went." Finally sitting up straight again, leaning against the desk. Another sigh falling from her lips. "I tried to follow them, but I can't he made sure I can't. You can. You have to find Jason."

Batman likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman DC Universe

CEO of Stark Industries
    Race:
    Human
    Every muscle in his body went rigid when Barbara said his name and his grip on the wrench grew tighter, he had been there and he knew who had taken him already and from the sound of it badly hurt Barbra. He didn't hide the rage in his voice and tossed the wrench aside. "Batgirl if you're hurt I'll be right there after I'm done here I promise you, I'll find him but i'm not sacrificing you to do it just hold on and stop any bleeding, do you have your belt? There should be a little disk in one of the pockets, button on the side, press it and it'll heat up. Now this is going to hurt if you have but I'll talk you through it," He gave her some time to find it and muted his call so he could focus on the prisoner. He reached down and grabbed his throat, painfully pulling him forward so he was staring up at him at an uncomfortable angle. "Your boss has just made this much worse for you so I'm going to ask you again. WHERE IS GRANT WARD!?"

He pushed the dangling man hard and slammed the back of his head into the wall, letting him bounce back and sway towards him. Moaning in pain. "Where is he!?" He punched him in the stomach, making the man retch. "Please....please I don't know!"

Quinn likes this.
  5. Focusing on her breathing and keeping pressure on the wound. At the moment those were her only priorities. Now that she had told Bruce what she needed to say. He knew Jason was here in town and she believed him without a doubt when he said that he would find him. But he had more to say, much to her dismay. He'd find Jason, but first he wanted to make sure she was alright. I'm fine, don't worry about me. That's what she wanted to say and she may have, if she had believed for even an instant, that she'd convince him of that. "Yeah, it's one shot to the abdomen. I think the biller hit something, liver. Maybe." She had no idea, just that was the only organ that came to mind. The only one she could think of on that area, on that side of the body.

Her belt. "It's here, I'll get it. I'll figure it out, finish what you need to do, I've got it." Just across the room, more moving around. Great. But this time it would be worth it, if it helped to stop the bleeding. Taking her hand away from the as she put the phone down. The room itself wasn't large but it felt a lot bigger now. Across the room, to get closet, pushing clothes out of the way until she got her belt. Disk in a pocket. It took a couple of moments but she found it, and a few more moments to get it to heat up. While it did so, she crossed the room and let herself sink down onto the couch. Sitting down for this would be best. But as she lifted her shirt up just enough to expose the wound, no amount of braving prepared herself for the pain. It was good the phone was several feet away now and that he was busy. That way there's a good chance he wouldn't have heard her screams of pain as the disk burned her flesh, putting a stop to the bleeding.

Batman likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman DC Universe

CEO of Stark Industries
    Race:
    Human
    "Liar!" Batman snarled and undid the chain around the man's ankle, letting him drop and grabbing his throat. He lifted the man up and slammed him against the wall. "Tell me where I can find him!" Batman pulled him closer and the man kept giving reasons why he wouldn't know where Ward was, how he didn't get told anything but he'd force him to tell him. Even if he had to break every bone in his body, a finger snapped and the man still held back. Another finger and then his whole arm was broken as Barbra started to scream into his comm, only hearing it vaguely since it sounded like she had moved away from her phone. Her screams were just making him angrier since it was ward who'd done that to her just like he'd taken Jason. With his anger boiling he was screaming at the man to tell him something and then broke his leg. "You're running out of limbs! I'm running out of patience! And you still have plenty of ribs left! SO GIVE ME SOMETHING!"

"FINE FINE THERE ARE A COUPLE PLACES YOU COULD LOOK FOR SOMEONE WHO DOES KNOW!" The man finally broke and spilled it all, when Batman had all he wanted he knocked the man out and got back on his comms. "Barbra are you okay? I know this hurts but I'm here for you, Barbra please answer. I'm going to come and get you to the hospital and then I'll go find Jason."

7. The disk tossed to the side the moment she no longer needed it. The bleeding had stopped but as a trade off, the pain was far worse. There wasn't any risk of her bleeding out however, so a little more pain, she'd have to suck it up and deal with him.

Practically the inside of her mouth, trying to keep herself from making any more noise. Her phone not far away, in the quiet she could hear his voice on the other line. Asking her to answer. It took a little bit, maybe thirty seconds after he finished before she was able to get to her phone again and pick it up.

"Yeah- I'm here. I'm here." Voice strained and she was breathing heavily. Both things understandable given her current condition. "Please hurry." Then she hung up the phone. He would be there, he was coming. The sooner she got to a hospital, the sooner he could focus on what was really important right now. Which was finding Jason. She had just been shot so she couldn't follow, she didn't want to think about what that man was going to try to do to him.

Batman likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman DC Universe

CEO of Stark Industries
    Race:
    Human
    Batman was driving with his foot all the way down in an effort to get to Barbra as fast as possible. He almost plowed through multiple walls and hitting a couple people if they hadn't jumped away from his blinding headlights. His knuckles were white underneath his gauntlets as he gripped the wheel, his teeth were clenched tight together. Getting a lead on Jason should have been a good thing but right then he was only enraged and as becoming more so by the second. Grant Ward had declared war when he attacked Barbra and Bruce refused to allow that to go unpunished. He was going to track him down and break him apart and then tear all of Hydra down if he had to.

He parked down at the alleyway by Barbra's house and grappled up to the apartment building and climbed in. "Barbra?" He searched the room until he found her on the floor and knelled down to get a good look at her wounds. He picked her up and held her close. "It's going to be okay, it's all going to be okay. I got you." He moved out her door and started to carry her down to the car. "Deep breaths."

9. How much time had passed was something that Barbara couldn't say for sure. There were a couple of times that she almost drifted in and out of consciousness. But she had to stay awake. A little longer and then everything would be okay. She just had to hold on for a little longer.

Finally it happened, she heard someone inside with her. The sound of her name being called. She didn't answer at first. He'd find her. There weren't exactly many places to look. Her eyes opened despite how heavy her eyelids felt at that point. He was here, everything was going to be okay. It had to be.

She inhaled sharply, wincing as she was moved. There was pain but it was necessary. It wasn't anything worse than what she was already feeling. "I'm sorry.." It was an uncontrollable situation, she did the best that she could and yet, she felt like it wasn't enough. She felt like she had let them all down. "I should have been better...I should have done more. I'm sorry."

Batman likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman DC Universe

CEO of Stark Industries
    Race:
    Human
    Batman pulled her close and walked her towards the Batmobile. "No Barbra, no it's not your fault, you've sacrificed so much, you sacrifice so much all the times, more than any of us you gave up....back home you gave up your...." He couldn't continue you, he rarely cried but everything was coming to a head. He clenched his teeth and held Barbra tight in his arms. "You gave up your ability to walk...but you didn't stop fighting you do so much. What happened here wasn't on you!" He opened the back of the Batmobile and set her into the seat, clamping down the safety bar and giving her her hair one last stroke and closing the back of the Batmobile. "It's okay Barbra...we'll fix it." He didn't remember getting back into the cockpit or the drive to the hospital, the reckless driving all the way there and the constant calling out to Barbra to make sure she hadn't slipped into unconsciousness. All he thought about was Barbra, the way she acted as a daughter, always happy, always eager to get some approval and how Jason even when he was in his trouble stages wanted the same approval. With burning eyes he clenched his jaw and beat his fists on the wheel.

The hospital staff slowly approached the car, wondering what was happening and Batman quickly exited the vehicle and barked out a command. "Don't touch it!" He opened the back door and pulled out Barbra, instead of handing her off to the doctors he rushed towards the hospital entrance and ran to the check in. "Get me someone now!"

11. In a way she did at least appreciate him telling her that the blame didn’t fall upon her shoulders. She wanted to believe, it would have been easier that way and yet she couldn’t completely let herself do that. Because she knew that to some degree, the events that had transpired on this night were her fall. Sit there and play a game of what ifs until she completely dove herself crazy. What if she had tried harder to bring Jason home, what if she hadn’t been so complacent with letting him go in the first place. And tonight? She had been useless, there was no beating around the bush around that. There’s so much more she could have done, should have done. Too bad there was nothing she could do about that now.

He spoke of her sacrifices of how much she had given up, events she knew of but hadn't happened to her yet. Or maybe not ever, there was no telling really. But right now, it was hard not to think like she hadn't given enough. I'm sorry. The words on the tip of her tongue. She just wanted to say them over and over again. It's okay. It was going to be okay, it had to be okay. Heaven forbid she actually let her think about the alternative and thing...actually got worse than this.

The car ride, it wasn't one that made much sense to her. Barely aware that they were even moving. Focusing on staying awake, on the sound of Bruce's voice on occasion when he called out to her in order to make sure she was in fact awake. It was getting harder, everything felt heavy and she just wanted to just close her eyes. Just a couple minutes, that's what she was telling herself. Vaguely aware of the fact that they had finally arrived and she was being moved again. It somewhere around the time that he was finally stepping inside the hospital that she finally lost consciousness and went limp in his arms.

Batman likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman DC Universe

CEO of Stark Industries
    Race:
    Human
    "Barbra...Barbra! Somebody help!" Quickly a group of doctors rushed out with a gurney, one stopping to stare at Batman who quickly growled. "Help her!" The doctor shook himself back to focus and helped get Barbra out of the and Batman followed them down the hall. "She was hit in the crossfire of an attack, bullet went through and through." He activated his investigation mode on his cowl and looks through her body to see if any organs were punctured. "Bullet passed through the liver and she's lost a lot of blood. I cauterized the wound to stop it I tried to do as much as I could." He was stopped as they moved to the doors to the surgery wing. "I'm going to have to ask you to stay here sir, you'l scare some of the other patients and it's just not safe to have you standing around just please....wait here?" The doctor obviously didn't know what to say to Batman of all people.

Batman moved over to the waiting room and paced for a bit before finally having to leave or else he knew he'd be removed for causing a scene. Outside he leaned against the side of the Batmobile and beat his fist against it. "This is it....I'm going to break him."

Barbara Gordon likes this.