HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Dark Knowledge

Discussion in 'Library' started by Mahad, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Mahad

Mahad Yu-Gi-Oh
    The ultimate wizard in terms of Attack and Defense ~ ATK 2500 / DEF 2100

Magician
    Race:
    Ka, formally Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    August 30th, Year 4, Library

Mahad was never the sort to shy away from Knowledge. When he'd discovered the concept of a library here in Pandora, and one that was open to everyone, he'd made a point to visit it at every opportunity. Back in Egypt, the closest thing he'd experienced is the Pharaoh's store of scrolls and tablets. There was much to be learned from those that had come before him, and he'd always aspired to one day add more to the store of information. Here in Pandora, the fact that everyone could better themselves both appealed and scared the Magician. If someone such as the Thief King Bakkura could simply walk into the Library, there was no telling as to what horrors they could unleash. Still, the benefits of educating the masses could not be denied.

The Magician spent all the brief moments away from serving people he had wandering the rows of bookshelves... Hunting for knowledge. He had been surprised at first that most of the books he had viewed were in fact works of fiction. He supposed that made sense though. With a place like this, it was not so unbelievable that people of Pandora would like some form of escapism, and the library was the perfect place for that... But that was not why he was here. No, he was here searching for tomes, scrolls and scriptures that could perhaps enhance or improve his skills with magic. A large part of things were not helpful for him. Pandora had an odd way of mixing the rules of magic from many different universes. A lot of what he had tried simply did not work for him due to him being a different universe than it's author. Still, there had been a few useful tricks he'd learned...

He turned a corner, coming into the part of the library that he was seeking, a section of darker, more sinister magics. He knew that many would not understand his practicing of them. Indeed, most questioned why one with such a desire to help others would practice dark magic in the first place. They did not realize that Dark and Evil were not one and the same. He utilized the darker side of magic simply because it was often effective. It was not inherently evil or good, but rather was a reflection of the one wielding it. That being said, he knew the dangers of what he sought. Often, things were forbidden and sealed away for a reason, after all. Whenever he found something like that, he left it alone. It was not wise to tempt and tamper with such things.

He turned another corner, headed deeper into the place, seeking what he could, however, something seemed off. He stopped and listened. Someone else was here, he was sure of it. Who else could be down here, seeking the darker powers of Pandora?

2. Artemis Crock

Artemis Crock DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hurrying out of the classroom as it was now late evening and her classes was over for the day, the young woman moved to head for the library fast. Once she had got the book she needed for her studies, she would head home as fast as possible and change for a shift at work.

Artemis found herself yawning as a flicker of movement came from a couple of feet ahead of her and the young woman hit the brakes then watched the man just ahead of her. It was the outfit that her attention, it kind of reminded her of Doctor Fate and that may mean a magic-user - big question was the good kind or the bad kind.

Best follow him to see what he was looking for among the library shelves, if it proved dangerous and all that. Playing hero was kind of hard to let go of after all.

3. Robin

Robin Fire Emblem Warriors

Tactician
    Race:
    Sage
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Robin was back in the library again hoping this time to find something more magically inclined as he'd heard from someone at the school that they had a more exclusive area for such things here in the Pandora town library. He'd been looking around for a while and noticed two people going down somewhere, one he'd seen before in the guise of a teenage girl while the other seemed to be wearing a strange form of Mage like attire.

He wasn't sure why the girl was sneaking after the man but he made no attempts to do the same, it wasn't in his nature to do such thing unless it was required on the battlefield or in some form of necessary tactic. Robin had came from around the same corner the girl was near, nodding to her in a gesture of greeting and continued near the magician. He hadn't been walking either, he'd been lightly levitating in order to catch up and stopped short of the man.

"Sorry if I scared you, I was just looking for books of magic. See how they compare to my own tomes" exclaimed Robin as he pulled out his dark magic tome Nosferatu and held it up briefly. It was a dark purple tome with silver lining but Robin put it back fairly quickly because he didn't want the man to think he was getting ready to attack.

4. Mahad

Mahad Yu-Gi-Oh
    The ultimate wizard in terms of Attack and Defense ~ ATK 2500 / DEF 2100

Magician
    Race:
    Ka, formally Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Yes, he had definitely heard someone approaching, as the footsteps became quite clear to him. It seemed that another had come down here seeking a similar font of knowledge, an interesting coincidence. The magician smiled as he replied, quite willing to talk to one showing such interest in magic. "Do not worry, friend. The Library is open to the public, it would be quite naive of me to be surprised at the presence of another. In fact, you seem to have ventured here for a similar reason to myself." Mahad stopped for a moment, contemplating something. He supposed that perhaps a conversation on the topic would be welcomed by both parties. Often it was far easier to grasp concepts when explained in-person. "I am known as The Dark Magician" He continued. "It is a pleasure to speak with you." He paused a moment before asking "That tome you held earlier, is it from this place, or perhaps your own world? Forgive the intrusion, but I am highly curious as to the usage and abilities of magic of other realms. A long time ago, I taught the magic of my world, and I would not mind sharing a few spells of my own in return." He chuckled briefly, before finishing "Knowledge should be shared, in my opinion..."

#4 Mahad, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 8:17 PM
  5. Robin

Robin Fire Emblem Warriors

Tactician
    Race:
    Sage
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    The man seemed to be quite polite and was here for a similar reason for being in this place as he had, Robin was interested in magic of all kinds and worlds. Most of the magic he found when he was in Aytolis was essentially the same as the type he had back home and wasn't all that interesting. Robin had nodded to the man's politeness, "My name is Robin" replied to the Dark Magician which sounded like a title or something similar to a stage name of sorts.

The man asked about his tome, whether it was from here or his home reality and Robin thought about sharing the knowledge. The man added that he believed that knowledge should be shared and Robin did agree but he was worried that maybe it might not be wise. Though he guessed with the girl nearby there would be witnesses to any sort of thievery or or attack on behalf of this Dark Magician.

"This tome is from my world, I also hold five others on my person. If one has a magical aptitude then these tomes can be used and eventually mastered. At first one can only use a minor spell from the tomes but once they've been mastered, the spells can be manipulated to great effect. My tomes are elemental in nature, ranging from the dark one I currently hold to fire, wind and thunder" explained Robin who'd taken out the tome he'd brought out previously.

Using his other hand he also pointed moved his robe to one side and showed the man the blade on his belt, it's jagged nature was apparent but it wouldn't go off unless Robin activated it. "The sword on my belt is also magical in nature, it's called the Levin sword and can further manipulate thunder" he added before letting his robe flow back to it's original position.