By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Darken The City, Night Is Awire

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Vladislaus III Dracula, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    @Tom McNair
    October 9th

Dracula chuckled, the night air didn't fog, his breath was about as cold as the night air, if not colder. He chased his prey through the streets, a young elven man, thin but quite athletic. But no amount no amount of acrobatics could truly help him escape Dracula, not when the laws of gravity were just more or less guidelines he could ignore. Whenever the young man leaped over a fence Dracula simply leaped over it. Whenever the man snuck underneath a fence Dracula would scale the wall simply by walking over it. There was nowhere he could truly run, if Dracula ever lost sight of him he simply took to the skies and began the chase again. It was slightly annoying but also he also had to admit he was having fun with the chase. But the morning hours drew closer and he had to speed up and end this foolish game and get his meal. He kept following the elf and then passed him, blocking off his escape. "I am still waiting for my meal tonight. And you are running out of places to run my friend. Let's end this game here." The alleyway was dimly lit and the walls were sheer, nowhere for the elf to climb to and he doubted he could just turn around without the vampire being upon him in a second. He pulled the small switch blade out of his pocket, knowing it would do little good, but hoping for the best. Dracula slowly walked towards his prey and threw open his cloak, reaching out one hand to beckon the man closer. The elf held out the knife and as soon as Dracula was within range he plunged the knife into his chest, piercing his heart with the steel blade. Dracula simply stood still, watching his prey slowly lose the final bit of defiance and sob as tears of defeat rolled from his eyes.

"A valiant effort."
    Dracula chuckled, half meaning the comment, he tossed aside the knife and backhanded the elf, sending him flying across the alleyway and skidding across the ground. Dracula picked him up and extended his jaw, revealing a maw of sharp, needle like teeth. He drew the elf closer, shrieking loudly as he prepared for his feast.

Tom McNair likes this.
  2. Tom McNair

Tom McNair Being Human

Race:
    Werewolf
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Tracking a vampire was a task sometimes. For humans, anyway, and boy did some of them know that. Tom had the convenience, however, of being something that was very much not human, and while there were some days he hated what he was for a hundred different reasons, when he was hunting vampires like he was now, he was thankful for it. It wasn't just the extra strength and agility that came with being a werewolf that put him on the same footing as vampires, Tom had done plenty of training, too, but it was definitely a perk that had kept him alive all these years.

For Tom McNair, tracking a vampire was easy. Once he had their scent, it didn't just go away, and that wasn't any different now. He'd been on the creature's tail for awhile now, keeping back to work out just what it was he was dealing with. It was possible the vampire had caught his scent. Or maybe just the scent of a dog. He couldn't remember the number of times he'd been taunted by vampires for what he was, but it never mattered because they always ended up dead anyway.

They were all the same. Putting creatures like him and like his dad in cages, making them fight for sport.

And so, when he came around that corner and spotted the vampire going in for the kill, Tom didn't hesitate, urging himself forward with swiftness and pouring all of his strength into grabbing him around the back and the arms to try to haul him backward off of his victim, whirling around with the intention of shoving him back so that he was stood between the vampire and the poor, quivering elf behind him. "Get out o' here!" he called to the elf without looking back, already pulled a couple of freshly sharpened wooden stakes from inside of his jacket.

3. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Dracula froze when he felt arms looping around his waist and pulling at him, he stepped back, arms held to his sides like an annoyed parent who was being tackled by their child. His inhuman strength made him feel like a tree anchored to the ground. He released the elf and stepped back further when the man who'd intervened pushed himself between himself and the elf. He tilted his head and watched the young man. His lips pressed into an amused smirk. Another vampire hunter who thought that making the victim run away would make some sort of difference. He would still feed, he'd feed on him and then tear him apart, leaving his body parts all over the alleyway. Dracula crossed his hands behind his back and took a step closer, chuckling and leaning over to sniff at the man. "Young...virile. You'll do." There was something else, familiar but he didn't really care more than likely it would just be a fun bit of flavor mixing. He decided he'd give the boy a little bit of a sporting chance.

And by sporting chance he meant false hope. "I'll give you the first blow hunter, no defenses, no tricks, go ahead, try and harm me with your weapons." He spread his arms wide and held his head back, exposing his vital regions, because he was Dracula, he was unkillable and he knew it. So what could just another hunter do? Stake him?

Tom McNair likes this.
  4. Tom McNair

Tom McNair Being Human

Race:
    Werewolf
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    God, he hated vampires, and this guy with his dark, slicked-back hair was a reminder of why. All arrogance, thinking he was better than everyone else. Thinking he could play with people, do whatever he liked until he was ready to feed on them. What would he do to a werewolf? What had he done to werewolves in the past? Put them in cages? Made them fight?

The thought of it, the thought of what his dad had been through and of what he had been through, made his blood boil. The vampires he'd slaughtered here in Pandora who'd all tried to do the same, they made his blood boil, too.

This guy wanted to talk, wanted to mock him, but Tom didn't respond. Not vocally, at least. Instead, there was a downward turn to his lips and a narrowing to his eyes, the look on his face serious. Dangerous. Like he'd done this before, and he had. Plenty of times. Twirling the stake in his right hand, Tom paced forward a couple of steps before throwing himself at the vampire, swinging one of his stakes toward his chest, right where the heart would have been.

It wouldn't be that easy. He knew it, and so he was ready to side-step him, get out of the way if he needed to.

5. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Dracula stayed completely still as the stake was driven into his chest, a wheeze left his throat as the air was pushed from his lungs by the wooden object piercing his skin. His jaw went slack and he backed away, one hand clutching the stake and his eyes set on the young man. He plucked the stake from his chest and his face fell into a look of disinterest with the situation. The boy was just like the peasants Valerius peons who had tried killing him for centuries. He tossed the stake back to the boy and fixed his jacket, which had seemingly mended itself from the blow, he swiped but narrowly missed the young man who had obviously seen this series of events coming. Not that Dracula had been subtle about it. Taking on step back he bowed and extended one hand to the side. "Allow me to enlighten you as to who your are facing." Dracula paced towards one of the walls of the alleyway, stepping up and onto the wall and walking up it until he was standing completely vertical on the walls surface and looking down at the young hunter.

"I am Vladislaus III Dracula, for centuries I have been the scourge of Romania, I am the King of the Night. For centuries they have tried, shooting me, stabbing me, burning me at the stake, hanging three times, decapitation, stakes, drowning in holy water, blowing me up. You can't kill me boy....I'm already dead."
    He leaped down in front of the hunter and bared his teeth, rearing up for a bite. "What could you bring that's new to the table!" He lunged forward, jaws snapping towards the man's neck.

Tom McNair likes this.
  6. Tom McNair

Tom McNair Being Human

Race:
    Werewolf
    Directory:
    link

Maybe it really would be that easy. The stake struck true, plunging into the vampire’s chest. He stumbled, wheezed out of sound of … something. But he didn’t burst into dust. That didn’t exactly shock Tom. The vampires in Pandora were diverse and not alway like the ones at home, and more often than not, he found himself having to improvise a little bit. Still, this vampire in particular wasn’t like any one he’d ever seen before, pulling the stake out and tossing it aside. Scaling the wall in a way that completely defied gravity. Tom didn’t know a lot about gravity, but he definitely knew that what he wasn’t seeing right now wasn’t right.

Dracula. That was a name that had gone down in legend, in the sort of way where you didn’t know if he’d been real or if he was a product of somebody’s fiction. That was why Tom suddenly looked thrown off, but he didn’t widen his eyes, he didn’t look afraid. There was a clench to his jaw and a certain all around tightness as though all of the caution he had previously displayed shot up in level, but besides that, the werewolf stood his ground.

Only, he didn’t expect the moment the other vampire lunged and Tom stumbled backward, back slamming into the wall behind him. Maybe it was for the best. He didn’t know what he was. He didn’t know the poisonous effect his blood had on vampires. Hell, there was a reason Tom carried viles of his own blood around with him. So he didn’t necessarily fight back as hard as he could have. Instead, he let the vampire go in for the feed, he let the vampire’s teeth sink into his throat.

And then all he could do was hope his blood had the same effect it always did, burning on contact alone.

7. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Dracula started to drink the young man's blood, his fangs burrowing into the man's throat but then something felt...off. The taste was off and then he felt a tingle in his skin that slowly turned to an irritating heat. He pulled his teeth free and backed up, the blood, he realized what was off about the man now. "Werewolf..." He gagged, spitting up some of the blood but it had already gotten into his system, he could feel it poisoning his body as the heat turned to burning and the burning turned to absolute agony. Thick black blood started to dribble from the sides of his mouth as he hissed and shrieked in pain, his long nails clawing at his skin and trying to get rid of the sensation. "You mutt! You dare poison me! I am the Prince of Darkness! The ruler of Transylvanias Nights! I am a being so much more than you a mere dog with mange! And you would p-poison me!" With each venomous word he shot forth a spray of thick black blood from his mouth as he skin paled and seemed to pull tight around his face, his lips peeling back and his nose flattening. His body grew in size, muscles bulging as his clothing seemingly vanished, forming into two thick membranous wings. Dracula stood up, towering at eight feet in a monstrous Batlike form.

"Beast!"
    He swiped at the man with the back of his batlike hand. His movement was slow, jerky, the poison and pain leaving him unfocused.

Tom McNair likes this.
  8. Tom McNair

Tom McNair Being Human

Race:
    Werewolf
    Directory:
    link

He'd never been bitten before and if there was anything he could say about it, it was that it hurt. There wasn't anything pleasant about having the blood literally sucked out of you. The vampire's grip was strong and if it weren't for the natural advantage that Tom had in the form of his own lethal werewolf blood, then he would've been a sitting duck. He wouldn't have stood a single chance at all.

But his blood worked wonders as Dracula suddenly pulled his teeth free and moved away from him, half stumbling as his body reacted to what wasn't meant to be there at all. Tom himself still felt alright. A little bit shaken from what he had just experienced, but he didn't show it, fixing his dark eyes on the vampire and watching him without even a little bit of sympathy as he struggled to rid himself of the pain.

"Y'poisoned yourself," Tom pointed out, nodding slightly toward him as though to emphasize that the fact that the vampire had decided to act of his own accord. But he wasn't listening, shouting at him and swiping at him with a hand that Tom easily dodged with nothing more than a single step. His movements were slow and jerky, and there may have been just a bit of pride there in Tom for what he was seeing.

Hell, it felt better after hearing the words 'mutt', 'dog', and 'beast' leave his lips.

"I ain't ever seen a vampire swallow it before, y'know. I wonder if you'll die. Doesn't seem like anyone would miss ya, y'ain't really a people person."

9. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    The lumbering bestial form of Dracula stumbled against the wall and let out thick panting breaths as the blood continued to burn in his throat and stomach, sending spouts of pain throughout his entire body. He looked up at the wolf before him and hissed in rage. He thought he could make jokes, he could poke fun at Dracula!? He grabbed the wall and slowly crawled to his feet, soon he began to wretch and finally spewed up the small puddle of tainted blood he'd consumed. But the damage was done, his feet still barely held him up and he was grasping at anything to stay on his feet. "Y-You have no idea what I am capable of! I will tear your arms off and beat you with them!" He dragged his claws against the stone, breaking off pieces of cement and letting out an inhuman roar. His lips peeled back to reveal his fangs. But he knew he couldn't risk biting him again or letting him get a bite in, he would die from another dose of that. So he would have to rely on his claws.

Which in his condition, was not a good thing. He stumbled forward, steadying his legs and taking another awkward, overstepping swipe for his neck. "Your kind has always made good servants, but always there's one that doesn't know it's mongrel place and has to be put down!"

Tom McNair likes this.
  10. Tom McNair

Tom McNair Being Human

Race:
    Werewolf
    Directory:
    link

MADE OF ALL THE LITTLE BONES
    of our fathers

There was no helping that sense of satisfaction Tom felt at the sight of him, at the sight of the great Dracula stumbling around, reacting to the poison running now through his veins. Still, the werewolf wasn’t underestimating. He was still dangerous, if not more dangerous because of how unpredictable and desperate he was. And yet, every swipe was easy to avoid and at the last one, Tom couldn’t help but suddenly send a kick swinging into the vampire’s gut.

“We aren’t y’servants!” There was genuine anger in those words because however different the worlds they came from may have been, it was still an accusation he understood. Tom had been put in those cages before by vampires, forced to fight. McNair, too. There was a reason he hunted them down and killed them.

11. Vladislaus III Dracula

Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Dracula fell backwards against the old bricks of the Italian style building, his batlike form slowly slipping away to reveal his human form, pale, his veins showing through his skin. The toxic blood flowed within him, still being forced out of his body through his mouth but now in slow dribbles of black ooze. He looked up at the werewolf and for the first time in a very long time Dracula truly felt something, an emotion, one he had come to think he would never feel again. Fear. Dracula as afraid of this werewolf, this mutt had done what so many others had failed when they fell to his will. He had made the vampire fall back, he had weakened him and he had terrified him. With a hiss Dracula pushed himself back against the wall and clawed at it, pulling free chunks of the red stone as he scrambled upwards towards the rooftop, wanting to avoid any more contact with the wolf. He spat up more of his toxic blood and clambered up higher and his eyes rolled backwards as he felt his whole body shift. He forced himself onto the roof and looked down over the ledge at the boy.

"You....you have made a hated enemy today werewolf...I-I will not forget this...A-and your blood will ware off..." He wretched and coughed. He had had been hurt, he had been beaten by a werewolf. His body shifted to a bat beast again and he took to the air, hovering shakily over the area and looking down at the mutt.

Tom McNair likes this.
  12. Tom McNair

Tom McNair Being Human

Race:
    Werewolf
    Directory:
    link

MADE OF ALL THE LITTLE BONES
    of our fathers

It was hard not to pull a face as the creature just kept on purging himself of that blood through his mouth. He'd never seen something like that before, but then, there were a lot of things he'd never seen before in Pandora. And there were some things he wished he'd never seen. This was probably one of them.

And then, suddenly, the vampire was taking to the air as it shifted into a monstrous bat, hovering shakily over him, and maybe Tom should have made sure to finish him off. But he was feeling too proud, too certain that he would never make it wherever it was he wanted to go.

"Y'better hope it does. Because y'ain't lookin' so good, bloodsucker," he ground out, taking a step back as he watched the creature take off, disappearing slowly but surely from his sights. Maybe this wasn't the end, and if by some miracle it wasn't, them Tom was gonna look forward to the next time.

THE END