HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Dashing young rogues can't be helped when consecrated

Discussion in 'Horizon' started by Hanzo Shimada, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Ramen Shop owner/ dog dad
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link

December 23rd, Year 7
    @Jesse McCree

Hanzo was ready, so so ready and determined to finally wake up, get up, get out there and do something good for once in his miserable life. He was unstoppable, especially with a partner by his side, which must've been the approval of the gods, nothing could hold him back.
    All worries he might have had before were washed away within the blink of an eye, fear and insecurity pushed away, far far away, replaced with willpower and courage.
    And while Hanzo was all set up and overflowing with enthusiasm and zest, he knew that they both couldn't just wander off without anything. The desert, in any world and universe, was a merciless place with hidden dangers and obstacles, a place one shouldn't wander without the necessary preparations. A bow in Hanzo's hand could protect him from bandits and monsters alike, but it was very useless when facing the inhumanly temperatures and weather conditions, obviously.

Thanks to Pandorian magic-technology, they didn't loose too much time, and saved both of them, mostly Hanzo though, a whole lot of awkwardness which would probably make the whole trip unnecessarily weird. Not that the archer didn't appreciate the funny dressed gunslinger or anything, his whole personality was just too much to take in at once. Jesse was so, open, and light hearted, kind in a way Hanzo was in no way familiar with. He got his fair share of worry and empathy, didn't really know how to react, couldn't really sort his feelings when it happened; and now this.
    Affectionate kindness, how the hell was he supposed to deal with this? It was a feeling so new, so undiscovered, so unfamiliar that his head was turning from only trying to think about it too much.
    So, better not waste too much energy on the matter... not that Jesse would make it easy for him or anything.

"Want me to help you gather the necessary equipment for our little trip?" he asked mockingly as they reached Horizon, to him, an undiscovered and completely new territory so far. "I figured when we both get on it we'll be a little faster. I do not want to pressure you, for I know your helpfullness should not be taken for granted, so lending a hand is the least I can do right now."

2. Jesse McCree

Jesse McCree Overwatch

Bounty Hunter/Gunslinger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

Hanzo is full of purpose and resolve when Jesse meets him upon his arrival in Horizon, dressed for a desert adventure, light breathable clothes that don’t restrict movement and aren’t too fancy. His hair pulled back into a small bun at the back the sides short, and in the brighter light of day Jesse couldn’t help but admire the cut of his high cheekbones. Even in casual modern clothing there was something high-class, almost royal about Hanzo, maybe it was just in the way he carried himself. Whatever it was, Jesse couldn’t help but stare dumbly for a moment unable to speak. Damn him for a fool when it came to a pretty face, he had a weak romantic heart-- the sort that was prone to racing and silly flights of fancy. The sort that looked at Hanzo and wanted to think that it was a relationship full of possibilities, a beginning of something. Of course, logically he knew that Hanzo just needed him for the moment, this was a job nothing more than that. He shouldn’t go getting himself attached for every pretty face that came along.

It was just the sort of fairy tale that a lonely heart told itself, but still, this was simply business. It was clear that that was what Hanzo wanted it to be, and Jesse wasn’t ever going to be the sort of guy who pushed himself in where he hadn’t been invited.

”You’re even prettier in the light of day, if you don’t mind me saying.” He manages after a moment of starting dumbly at him. Don’t take him more than a moment to notice the large bow that accompanies him this time, not the sort of bow that one owned just for recreation neither, a proper weapon. He whistles, impressed even if he’s not an archer by trade.

”That’s a real beauty you got there, what’s the draw weight on there about 50-55 pounds?”

Jesse had fired a bow more than once but he didn’t really have the proficiency for anything other than a crossbow, probably because that sighted more like a gun than a standard recurve bow would. Still he appreciated marksmanship when somebody exhibited skill at it, and he couldn’t help but be curious about Hanzo, if he was handy with that bow and if Jesse would get a chance to see for himself.

”Well, ain’t you the considerate type. Do you know how to pack up a horse?” If not than Jesse would just have to teach him, he was still getting used to having a horse again himself truth be told, but Bluebell was a tolerant and patience sort of horse. Perfect for somebody to learn with really.

Hanzo Shimada likes this.
  3. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Ramen Shop owner/ dog dad
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link

Hanzo scoffed, but couldn't help to shoot the rather old-fashioned charmer a small but genuine smile; it disappeared quickly, but secretly he wished that he other would catch it.
    "You ever get tired from giving away compliments so deliberately?"
    Which, in all honesty, made him think. While he kind of enjoyed these playful comments and absolutely obvious remarks, he couldn't help but wonder if they carried any meaning at all, if Jesse was just throwing them out because it was his thing, or if they actually had any weight to them, if they were genuine.

In his defense, it was atypical that the first thing this good-looking stranger did was sugar coat him and make him feel appreciated. No one has done that before, at least not without wanting something from him, not without any kind of interest exchange. So he was wondering, what would this one want from him in return?
    But for now, that was none of his concern.

Though as Jesse mentioned the bow he was carrying with him this time, his ever-loyal companion, the smile eventually came back as he beamed with pride.
    "A pleasant surprise, at least you seem to recognize 'a real beauty' when you see one. I am impressed."
    And as cocky as he was, Hanzo tried to strike a rather confident pose to, his bow firm in hand to simply demonstrate how naturally it came to him, as if he was one with the weapon.
    Complimenting his looks was one thing, but praising his archery skills, or even admiring the possibility of him possessing them? This meant more than any flattery.

"Maybe you'll get the chance to see my remarkable skill during our journey in action. Usually those who witness them don't live long enough to tell the tale. A waste."

Normally, people shouldn't brag about their abilities, but which aspect of Hanzo Shimada could've been described as normal anyway? Nothing.

He stopped his little show off, hoping that there'd be time for that later, and turned back to the important business, inner peacock satisfied for the moment.

"Of course, I am no friend of uncalculated risks. The more we plan the better we will get through this, I will not leave anything to chance."

To his last question though, he paused for a moment, before frowning and waving his companion's words away, suddenly avoiding any eye contact, as if she was afraid to show any kind of embarrassment.

"Yes, naturally, of course I know how to pack up a horse, who do you think I am? Packing a horse, tch, nothing easier than that."
    He had absolutely no clue.