HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Dashing young rogues can't be helped when consecrated

Discussion in 'Horizon' started by Hanzo Shimada, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Ramen Shop owner/ dog dad
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link

December 23rd, Year 7
    @Jesse McCree

Hanzo was ready, so so ready and determined to finally wake up, get up, get out there and do something good for once in his miserable life. He was unstoppable, especially with a partner by his side, which must've been the approval of the gods, nothing could hold him back.
    All worries he might have had before were washed away within the blink of an eye, fear and insecurity pushed away, far far away, replaced with willpower and courage.
    And while Hanzo was all set up and overflowing with enthusiasm and zest, he knew that they both couldn't just wander off without anything. The desert, in any world and universe, was a merciless place with hidden dangers and obstacles, a place one shouldn't wander without the necessary preparations. A bow in Hanzo's hand could protect him from bandits and monsters alike, but it was very useless when facing the inhumanly temperatures and weather conditions, obviously.

Thanks to Pandorian magic-technology, they didn't loose too much time, and saved both of them, mostly Hanzo though, a whole lot of awkwardness which would probably make the whole trip unnecessarily weird. Not that the archer didn't appreciate the funny dressed gunslinger or anything, his whole personality was just too much to take in at once. Jesse was so, open, and light hearted, kind in a way Hanzo was in no way familiar with. He got his fair share of worry and empathy, didn't really know how to react, couldn't really sort his feelings when it happened; and now this.
    Affectionate kindness, how the hell was he supposed to deal with this? It was a feeling so new, so undiscovered, so unfamiliar that his head was turning from only trying to think about it too much.
    So, better not waste too much energy on the matter... not that Jesse would make it easy for him or anything.

"Want me to help you gather the necessary equipment for our little trip?" he asked mockingly as they reached Horizon, to him, an undiscovered and completely new territory so far. "I figured when we both get on it we'll be a little faster. I do not want to pressure you, for I know your helpfullness should not be taken for granted, so lending a hand is the least I can do right now."

2. Jesse McCree

Jesse McCree Overwatch

Bounty Hunter/Gunslinger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

Hanzo is full of purpose and resolve when Jesse meets him upon his arrival in Horizon, dressed for a desert adventure, light breathable clothes that don’t restrict movement and aren’t too fancy. His hair pulled back into a small bun at the back the sides short, and in the brighter light of day Jesse couldn’t help but admire the cut of his high cheekbones. Even in casual modern clothing there was something high-class, almost royal about Hanzo, maybe it was just in the way he carried himself. Whatever it was, Jesse couldn’t help but stare dumbly for a moment unable to speak. Damn him for a fool when it came to a pretty face, he had a weak romantic heart-- the sort that was prone to racing and silly flights of fancy. The sort that looked at Hanzo and wanted to think that it was a relationship full of possibilities, a beginning of something. Of course, logically he knew that Hanzo just needed him for the moment, this was a job nothing more than that. He shouldn’t go getting himself attached for every pretty face that came along.

It was just the sort of fairy tale that a lonely heart told itself, but still, this was simply business. It was clear that that was what Hanzo wanted it to be, and Jesse wasn’t ever going to be the sort of guy who pushed himself in where he hadn’t been invited.

”You’re even prettier in the light of day, if you don’t mind me saying.” He manages after a moment of starting dumbly at him. Don’t take him more than a moment to notice the large bow that accompanies him this time, not the sort of bow that one owned just for recreation neither, a proper weapon. He whistles, impressed even if he’s not an archer by trade.

”That’s a real beauty you got there, what’s the draw weight on there about 50-55 pounds?”

Jesse had fired a bow more than once but he didn’t really have the proficiency for anything other than a crossbow, probably because that sighted more like a gun than a standard recurve bow would. Still he appreciated marksmanship when somebody exhibited skill at it, and he couldn’t help but be curious about Hanzo, if he was handy with that bow and if Jesse would get a chance to see for himself.

”Well, ain’t you the considerate type. Do you know how to pack up a horse?” If not than Jesse would just have to teach him, he was still getting used to having a horse again himself truth be told, but Bluebell was a tolerant and patience sort of horse. Perfect for somebody to learn with really.

Hanzo Shimada likes this.
  3. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link

Hanzo scoffed, but couldn't help to shoot the rather old-fashioned charmer a small but genuine smile; it disappeared quickly, but secretly he wished that he other would catch it.
    "You ever get tired from giving away compliments so deliberately?"
    Which, in all honesty, made him think. While he kind of enjoyed these playful comments and absolutely obvious remarks, he couldn't help but wonder if they carried any meaning at all, if Jesse was just throwing them out because it was his thing, or if they actually had any weight to them, if they were genuine.

In his defense, it was atypical that the first thing this good-looking stranger did was sugar coat him and make him feel appreciated. No one has done that before, at least not without wanting something from him, not without any kind of interest exchange. So he was wondering, what would this one want from him in return?
    But for now, that was none of his concern.

Though as Jesse mentioned the bow he was carrying with him this time, his ever-loyal companion, the smile eventually came back as he beamed with pride.
    "A pleasant surprise, at least you seem to recognize 'a real beauty' when you see one. I am impressed."
    And as cocky as he was, Hanzo tried to strike a rather confident pose to, his bow firm in hand to simply demonstrate how naturally it came to him, as if he was one with the weapon.
    Complimenting his looks was one thing, but praising his archery skills, or even admiring the possibility of him possessing them? This meant more than any flattery.

"Maybe you'll get the chance to see my remarkable skill during our journey in action. Usually those who witness them don't live long enough to tell the tale. A waste."

Normally, people shouldn't brag about their abilities, but which aspect of Hanzo Shimada could've been described as normal anyway? Nothing.

He stopped his little show off, hoping that there'd be time for that later, and turned back to the important business, inner peacock satisfied for the moment.

"Of course, I am no friend of uncalculated risks. The more we plan the better we will get through this, I will not leave anything to chance."

To his last question though, he paused for a moment, before frowning and waving his companion's words away, suddenly avoiding any eye contact, as if she was afraid to show any kind of embarrassment.

"Yes, naturally, of course I know how to pack up a horse, who do you think I am? Packing a horse, tch, nothing easier than that."
    He had absolutely no clue.

4. Jesse McCree

Jesse McCree Overwatch

Bounty Hunter/Gunslinger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

To be fair, Jesse does actually consider the question that Hanzo poses to him-- if he was getting tired of handing out compliments. He’d never really thought about it-- he was, or he strove to be in this aspect of his life, as honest and open as was possible. His professional work had been full of undercover work, dirty bloody military ops and while he wouldn’t take those back or change his past. Well, that was professional and he tried to keep it away from who he was as a person, who he was when he was just being Jesse. The truth was, he had been good at all of that stuff-- not just the shooting and the killing, but the lies and the seduction and doing whatever needed to be done to guarantee mission success. He’d been good at it because he convinced himself that it was right, that it was serving a bigger and greater purpose, keeping people safe. That might be true, it might not be-- who could know looking back but-- that wasn’t the person he wanted to be, not outside the mission. As much as he loved and admired Gabe, he didn’t want to be alone like him either, loving a job that’d never love him back as much as he loved it. Jesse didn’t want that for himself.

So part of that is-- choosing to be honest, to be open. When he thought somebody was attractive he flirted, because where was the point in lying about it. He’s not about to say Hanzo is his true love of nothing-- just that he likes him, likes the look of him. That Jesse’d sure like to get to know him a little better and a little less professionally-- at least if Hanzo was agreeable to it at least.

”Not so far,” he said and gave a shrug. ”I will stop if it bothers you or makes you uncomfortable. And you can surely tell me if I’m barking up the wrong tree. Hell, wouldn’t be my first time sniffing around a heterosexual tree trunk if you catch my meaning. I like to be honest when I’m interested in somebody. But-- I don’t want you to feel-- unsafe or anything neither.” Jesse would never and had never tried to push himself on anybody who wasn’t interested in him, not physically and not verbally either. If Hanzo wanted him to stop-- then he would, no questions asked or guilt applied.

Of course, if he thought Hanzo was attractive before-- it’s nothing compared to the pride and confidence on his face when Jesse compliments him on the bow of his. He practically beams, shows off a bit by posing and it’s, it’s adorable is what it is but Jesse doesn’t say anything, bites his lip so he won’t say anything he’ll end up regretting.

”Course I do, spent mosta my life around weapons. May not be an archer by trade, but I know craftsmanship when I see it.” Add to that that Hanzo carried himself with the quiet confidence and assurance that only came with a man who knew how dangerous and capable he was. Jesse had no doubt that if he ever saw Hanzo in practice, he’d see just how right he was in his boosting.

”So does that fine piece have a name?” It might have struck others as a silly question but in his line of business, giving a weapon a name was like something done for good luck, like giving a name to your first partner in the field. He patted the holster at his hip. ”This lovely lady is named Peacekeeper, she used to have a sister but--well, I’m not quite the same man I was in my youth.” He said gesturing with the metal fingers and hand. The situation was….unfortunate but it also was what it was. He’d lost some things, but there were other things he gained, things he’d learned. It wasn’t such a bad trade really.

Jesse nodded when Hanzo said the more planning the better, and he understood the sentiment, it was best to plan for contingencies when you could, to plan for things going to shit. Jesse had been in Blackwatch long enough to know that-- things rarely worked out exactly as you wanted them too. As reckless and rash as he seemed at times, he likes to go in well prepared-- knowing what to expect.

”This is really important to you, ain’t it?”

Jesse already knew that, could infer it by the way he seemed like a man who was loathe to admit he needed help or a partner in things. Probably he was the independent sort, the kind of man who had grown up knowing that at the end of the day all you could rely on in the world was often yourself. Jesse understood that, respected that...he’d been much the same in his youth but Gabe had slowly taught him differently, that sometimes you could depend on others, that you could ask for help without shame when you needed it. Still, Hanzo wouldn’t have accepted his help unless he wanted to be doubly assured that he’d fulfill his quest, so it had to be important if it overridden his pride.

He can’t help but give him an odd look at the answer he’d given to his question though, the multitude of reassurance actually made him less confident in the answer. So he merely raised an eyebrow at it, cocked his head a bit.

”Alriiiight, sure. Well the supplies are in those bags over there, just need to pack them unto Bluebell and we should be clear to head out.”

Hanzo Shimada likes this.
  5. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link

Was he bothered by the flattering compliments and nice words? Not really.
    Was he feeling weird about it? Yes, kind of. But not for the reasons McCree would’ve assumed. Admittedly, it indeed was a rather strange thing to do; you think someone looks nice, so you tell them. Growing up in a society where politeness was the norm, even if said trait was based on lies and corruption, made him cautious of how people interacted with him. One could see it like a currency: one nice gesture equals one deed in return, no one was ever genuinely kind without wanting anything.
    Though McCree’s words seemed to be truthful, he still couldn’t quite appreciate them as much as the other probably hoped he would. Nevertheless he still was a stranger, one who didn’t have a price tag attached to him, yet. And frankly, Hanzo wouldn’t be surprised if this companion turned out to be costly for him, but he cared too less about personal consequences than to dwell on such trivial matters.

But apparently, the cowboy’s motivation for those sweet nothings was a totally different one. Hanzo fronze.
    He looked at the man with confusion and a touch of surprise, not expecting this straight forwardness in the slightest. Well, maybe not really straight forward but-
    “Wait, no, I--” the archer stuttered as the flustertness slowly cleared, making way for something akin to amusement. A playful smile formed on his lips as he scanned Jesse further, more careful, more observant this time. At least he now had his confirmation that it was (hopefully) honest interest prompting this behaviour.

“To ease your mind a bit, I can assure you that I do not feel unsafe with your flattery. Just a little, hmm how to put it-- I have to get used to this kind of conversation. Someone calling you handsome is one thing, them meaning it, a whole nother.”

And that was true; surely he was in no way willing to open up to the man, especially not emotionally, you don’t talk feelings with your business partner, only actions, but if McCree was being honest, it would only be fair to share a little piece of his mind; even if it were only unimportant details.

“And besides, I do not want to discourage you by any means. Please, continue with your sugar coating if it makes you feel better. In fact, I am curious which further nonsense will come to your mind, guapo."
    The playful smile turned into a sheepish grin, a little bit of pride glimmering in his eyes, as he hoped to not have butchered the pronunciation entirely.

Guapo, it was a nice word, he remembered it well because Santiago called him that and it kind of stuck with him ever since. And applying it to Jesse was no lying attempt too. Hanzo did think that the man was handsome, not in a fancy, classy way, like Raphael was, but in a more rough sense, individual, his whole look had something charming to it. Charming and absolutely ridiculous. He couldn’t deny though that it was a nice contrast to himself, even if admittedly Hanzo wasn’t dressed overly extravagant right now, nor was he able to afford his usual preferred clothing in any way for some time now. But a pretty Prada suit would get ruined out here anyway.

But enough with senselessly flattering one another; Jesse thankfully did not only have eyes for Hanzo, but his bow as well, a connoisseur of weaponry, assumably. Definitely a topic he was more willing to talk and share details about.

A little shy and thoughtful, his fingers stroke over the texture of the bow-grip, a sigh escaping him as he did so.
    Truly an odd question to ask, but he could see where the other was coming from; nevertheless, Genji had names for his swords as well, at least for one of them, that much Hanzo knew. But his bow? No, he never bothered to give her a name, believing that if he was to put a name on her, it’d only result in him getting emotionally attached to it. A bow was just as replaceable as any other weapon. If it broke, it broke, and a new one would have to get the job done. How stupid, how absolutely foolish would it be to actually name it!

But, despite how things should be, he would only be lying to himself if he said that this particular bow didn’t have any meaning to him. It was a weapon, a thing, that much was true, but she was also a loyal companion, a fellow traveller, a friend. Tch, foolish…

“No, I never bothered to give her a name, never saw the point in doing so. It does not benefit me to get attached to something disposable. May be a tradition in your line of work, but not in mine. Though I have to say, Peacekeeper? Really? And here I thought a man dressed like a main character in an old western cannot get any more old-fashioned. Love to be proven wrong.”
    The mockery and sass in his voice were more than audible, almost physically touchable even, but it had a friendly, teasing undertone. If Jesse was giving him the perfect opportunity, why should he use it to crack a silly joke, a joke with a tiny bit of truth attached to it.
    “I have to say though, impressive that you stick to the whole cowboy aesthetic, it requires a lot of commitment. I like that.”
    A quick exchange of flirty looks from his side, before Hanzo cleared his throat, averting his gaze as he shrugged in the following.
    “The dedication, I mean, not the look per sé.”

It didn’t take a fool to see just how important this was to him, that he voluntarily took this journey solely because there was the slim possibility of the Wishing Waters rumour to be true. A very slim, misealy chance, but it was there, and that was already enough.
    Hell, he even seeked out for help to do this; not that he wouldn’t be able to this all by himself, but hey, better be safe than sorry. With that, his mood changed immediately, the playful exchange of flatteries (or attempts of such from his part) quickly shifting into the serious tone Jesse should be more familiar with by now.
    “You couldn’t even grasp the importance of this. The fact that I am risking everything for this should speak volumes for itself.” He cleared his throat.
    “Now, slacking off will lead us nowhere. We should get to work ASAP.”

And with that, Hanzo made his way over to the supply bags, horse in sight. Heaving them was not the problem, not at all, but approaching the animal and tightly attaching those bags to it? Yeah that wasn’t really something he would like to do. But admitting now that he had neither a clue nor confidence to do so would only hurt his pride, and he could show no weakness, especially not in front of a stranger, and especially not after his little show off with the bow. No way he’d make a fool of himself.

Carefully, and only a little anxious he approached the proud beast, a beautiful animal, really, but nothing he was really comfortable with handling. The problem with horses was that they were so incredibly hard to read, at least for someone who didn’t know anything about horse body language or the like. Was he too careful? Was he not careful enough? He really couldn’t say.

So to Jesse this little spiel truly must’ve looked odd, to say the least.

Raphael Santiago likes this.