HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete Deep Wounds

Discussion in 'Residences' started by Genji Shimada, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch
    To know yourself is to be at peace.

Bodyguard/Ramen Shop Owner
    Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Angela Ziegler

October 10th
    It was already past midnight when Genji finally managed to return to his apartment, the adrenalin from the fight from earlier having ended and leaving him with a lot of pain as he placed a hand on the wound on his one limb that was still made of flesh and bone. The damage done to his thigh making it difficult for him to walk but if nothing else he had successfully escaped the mercenary that had tried to kill him after making sure he would be unable to pursue him for a while.

Using his robot arm, Genji opened the door to the apartment. Angela, being the workaholic that she was, would probably still be up at the time, which was both a blessing and a curse, a blessing because she could treat the damage that had been done to him, and a curse because it of course would cause her no end of worry.

Now that he was back at home, Genji only managed to take a few more steps inside before his body finally gave in and he kneeled down, taking a deep breath to try to distract him from the pain rushing through his body.

"Kuso..." He cursed under his breath.

Angela Ziegler likes this.
  2. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Field Medic/First Responder
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Angela was indeed up, but not from extra work or any research. Sure, she wasn't in bed because her poor body was just used to being up later, but she figured she'd spend the time doing something she wanted to do. So she had been working on her Halloween costume for the party she was insisting on at the end of the month. She'd been tinkering with bits of leather and fabrics for some time, a sewing machine even put up as she had been reminded of Gabe and how he had taken such glee in making their outfits, that making her smile in a bittersweet fashion.

She'd just put on the kettle to make herself (and Fareeha should she still be up) another cup of hot cocoa when she'd heard the apartment door opening, her attention piqued as she knew it could only be their housemate returning.
    "Gen-" The sound of a thud had the doctor rushing through to the hallway where she did indeed find her friend, eyes widening as she saw the state Genji was in.
    "Genji!" Angela let out the small cry as she rushed over to her friend, half collapsing to her own knees in front of him and placing her hands hovering over his shoulders, wanting to touch but too frightened she could harm him if she chose wrong.

"What happened?! Come, come with me." She urged, apologising as she lifted one of his arms over her shoulders and rose to her feet, holding the cyborg by his waist and against her as best as she could. Bringing Genji through to the bathroom, Angela sat him down on the edge of the bath before she was grabbing things she needed, gloves on, hair up and into her business mode within seconds, like a switch had been flicked. Taking his vitals, both for the man and part machine he was, the woman was perhaps the best doctor for this Shimada out there considering their history together.
    "Hold still. I'm sorry, its going to be uncomfortable." She warned, already getting to work on the wounds he had, wounds that looked suspiciously like gun wounds, gun shots she felt far too similar to ones she'd witnessed before. Up close, and personal.

Angela hadn't asked him again to explain, she figured he would tell her when he had settled down and felt somewhat reassured to have the woman seeing to his problems. The frown on her face hadn't disappeared though. At least she wasn't crying, she was used to seeing her friends all bunged up and in dire situations. So until Genji felt like speaking, she kept an eye on his vital signs whilst working as quickly as she could, seeing to the human parts first, especially knowing she would need to take more time with the mechanical parts.
    "So much for a relaxed evening." She joked. For whose sake, Angela didn't know.

Genji Shimada likes this.
  3. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    It didn't take long, Angela saw his state and immediately got to work, helping him stand up and bringing him to the bath. Seeing how quickly Angela was improvising, getting herself prepared for what was to come in a matter of seconds, it was the display of a true profissional.

When she told him to hold still, Genji took a deep breath, closed his eyes and braced himself, letting out a groan when she began working, but remaining still otherwise so as to not make it any more difficult for her than it already was. He soon adapted to it and now that he had Angela there to help him, he felt much calmer.

Her little joke was even enough to earn a chuckle from Genji, although one that an edge of guilt to it. "I'm sorry for causing you trouble like this." He told her, sighing in disappointment with himself.

Of course, Angela wanted to know what happened, even if she was focusing on healing him first. Now that he finally had the opportunity to breathe without having to worry too much, Genji could clear his mind and begin processing everything that had happened to him just a few hours ago.

"I was just taking a night walk, when some strange figure in black appeared. He attacked me and I was caught offguard when he just teleported behind me and took hold of me before I could react." Genji began explaining, thinking about how he could've died right then and there and the only reason he didn't was because that person wanted him alive for answers. "He shot my arm and began interrogating me about Overwatch. I managed to break free from him eventually but he still did some damage to me, but I made sure I would be able to get away even if it would be more difficult for me to move."

That guy knew that his left arm was still whole, that much was for certain, it couldn't have been just a lucky guess. He knew what he was doing which, coupled from what else he knew not just about him but about Overwatch, made Genji pretty sure this had to be someone who was at the very least associated with Overwatch in some way in the past.

"I didn't think people with abilities like his existed in our world, but it looks like I was wrong. Whoever that guy was... He definitely was not human." He concluded, his tone all through his explanation being neutral as he was just stating simple facts.

4. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    When she'd cleaned up the wounds as best she could and made sure nothing would get healed inside of the afflicted area, Angela had grabbed her staff from her bedroom, connecting its beam with the cyborg and keeping an eye on it as sure enough the human tissue had begun to close up. Not even a scar was left, at least no more to be added to the ones Geji's poor body already had. Giving him a small smile she waited as the technology finished up its job, the doctor setting her staff up against one of the bathroom walls once she was done.

Fareeha had made a brief appearance too, Angela telling her she had it under control and sorry to have startled her with her cry of shock earlier. As they were left alone once more, the blonde brought the man through to her small study, sitting him down on the chair she'd been sewing on not a few minutes before whilst she seemed to be searching for mechanical parts she could have to hand. Since Genji had arrived the doctor had been collecting this and that in the hopes of helping restore whatever he might damage knowing the kind of person he could be and what trouble his good soul might land himself in.

Angela had in fact picked up one of these pieces of metal only to drop it in shock when Genji had described the kind of person who had attacked him. Gabriel. She didn't need much more than he'd already mentioned, she didn't need the specifics on the kind of powers he had used, she had a pretty good idea the man was talking about his wraith abilities, like a ghost. A ghost indeed that haunted Angela. Picking the item back up, she knelt in front of Genji whilst checking his arm, briefly having glanced up but mostly avoided his eyesight as best she could, blaming it on fatigue.

"Sounds like they were very dangerous. Please try be on your guard a little more, Genji. This could have been so much worse and I dread to think what would have happened." Angela placed the metal back down, sighing as she knew she couldn't do much for now but would make sure to bring Genji with her to an auto parts shop she knew would have something similar to what she needed for the cyborg. Straightening up and taking off her gloves, she disposed of them before glancing at the blood on her top, giving a small smile as she added on.
    "Perhaps a load of laundry isn't so ridiculous this late at night, hmn? Do you need anything else? We'll have to go to the auto parts shop tomorrow to get what I need for the job on your cybernetics. But we'll go first thing in the morning, I promise." Angela added, diverting all attention away from herself as quickly as possible.

5. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Genji merely watched as Angela kept doing her work, soon enough it was like Genji had never gotten hurt at all, except for the damage done to the armor, that was something Angela couldn't simply make grow again no matter how talented she was. Genji curiously looked at his injured arm to see that, indeed, the wound vanished without a trace, not even a scar.

However, he heard a clank as Angela dropped an object, seemingly shocked by the information that he had just given him. It looked like she knew of what he was talking about, yet instead of elaborating on it for him, she just warned him to keep his guard up. The way she said that they "sounded" so dangerous, she was clearly playing dumb, trying to avoid talking about the guy who had almost killed him. What would bring her to try to keep that a secret...?

Genji at first just nodded as he heard Angela speak, they would have to go get some parts to fix his armor and that was all well and good, but Genji just couldn't let the topic change like that. He needed answers and it looked like he would have to pressure them from her, something he was already regretting having to do.

"Angela, you know who that man is, don't you? Why are you not telling me?" He asked her as he began his own interrogation, his tone remained calm and even gentle, but there was deep level of seriousness to his words.

6. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Of course he wasn't going to let it go. Sighing softly to herself, Angela set down her utensils she'd been fiddling with, pulling her top up over her head instead whilst she gave a small shrug of her shoulders in response.
    "Its complicated." She begun, bundling up her blouse before she saw the blood had of course gotten through to her vest beneath, a small roll of her eyes as it seemed she was running on little to no patience now. Pushing her hair back from her face, the woman ran her tongue between her dry lips, grabbing her bundled up blouse before she made her way through to the laundry room, sure that Genji would be close behind.

Shoving on a load of washing, she wasn't all that concentrated on the task at hand bu rather what she was supposed to do with the knowledge she had and that Genji clearly wanted. Jesus Gabriel, there was no way he didn't at least figure out who the old Blackwatch member was during their scuffle. Did he really not care that much? Were they all on his damn hit list?

"Look Genji-" Straightening back up from where she'd been crouched in front of the washing machine, she pursed her lips together briefly, her arms folding over her chest and ignoring the blood stains left on her vest now.
    "Its not my place to tell you who that was... And whilst I understand what that must then make you think of me considering that state you came home in... I can't do anything else about " Rubbing at her forearm, she soon enough walked past the man, finding her way to the bathroom again where she finished tidying up.

Perhaps some of Zenyatta's teachings would come in handy and lead to his student being patient. At least, that's what miss Ziegler was hoping for.

7. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Complicated, that was one way to put it. Angela refused to tell him who it was in spite of the fact that he had almost been killed by the guy. That by itself carried a lot of implications, most of which he really didn't want to think about. She was well aware of it herself, which just made the whole situation all the more bewildering.

"There is very little you can do to make me think less of you, Angela." He reassured her, although at the same time he was being vague enough that it probably wasn't much help. "But... I just cannot understand why you would hide this from me. Are you afraid of how I might react...?"

That just raised more questions, who could that person be that Genji would get a strong enough reaction? Clearly he had to be someone from Overwatch, but there weren't a lot of people in there that Genji had developed much of a bond with and one of them was Angela herself. Was he really someone he knew personally? The behavior simply didn't match with anyone he knew...

8. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Making her way through to her room she stopped just outside her bedroom doorway, fingers wrapped gently around the handle before she sighed softly to herself in response. With her head bowed she had her back to the man, her shoulders hunched up as she had no heart to talk about this any long than she had been already.

"Genji it is not my place to tell you who it is. Please... Please just understand that." Angela murmured, her eyes imploring as she said so before sighing, opening the door and letting herself into her bedroom.
    "I'm not afraid of how you might react. I'm purely honouring someone else's secret. You'll find out eventually, I have no doubt of that. But until then, I won't say anything more on it."

Pausing on the other side of her bedroom door now, the woman was just about to close it, frowning as she glanced down at the floor and couldn't meet the man's eyes.
    "But if you come near him again. You promise me... you promise me to run away. If not for me, then just for your own safety." With a quiet 'goodnight' leaving her lips, Angela shut the door behind her, sighing as soon as she was alone.

Hopefully he'd understand... maybe not any time soon, but at least take on her warning about danger.

9. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    She just repeated herself, telling him that she just wanted to honor that guy's secret in spite of what he had done. She must've met him herself before and Genji had little doubt that things would've gone very smoothly, seeing as Angela was a member of Overwatch herself. Who could she have such an attachment towards that she would still keep their secret even after things like what happened to him?

Still, it was clear he wouldn't be getting any answers from Angela and pressing the issue any further would only cause unnecessary stress for both of them. Genji sighed himself, the door shut ahead of him, wondering if Angela was actually going to sleep or if she was saying it for the sake of getting him to stop.

"... Very well. I will not ask about it anymore." He spent a couple of minutes just staring at the door in front of him, deciding if there was anything else that he could do. "... I will not be sleeping so soon. Would you like to... watch a movie together or something?"

He really couldn't tell whether he was just being annoying or not, but Angela had healed his wounds and all he did was cause her more stress, so he had to make up for it in some way. Unfortunately, he didn't have a lot of option at this hour.

10. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    As she changed out of her soiled vest, the woman let out another sigh and rolled it up into a ball, squeezing at it in her hands out of frustration before she was left alone with her thoughts. But not for long. She heard Genji on the other side asking her if she wanted to see a film, the doctor tugging a fresh shirt down over her head before she made her way back out, opening her bedroom door and letting down her hair quickly.

"Sure, Genji. Would you like something to eat as well?" She asked, shuffling past him to move back to the laundry room where she tossed her vest in the wash. Coming back over to the man she took his hand in her own, leading him through to their lounge where she let him sit down, insisting he mustn't try and help with anything as she stated he just needed to heal. Angela knew very well the man was fine in terms of his wounds now, but still, it was easier this way.

Finally she'd settled by his side with some snacks, her mind just about able to stop thinking about the work she'd been up to before Genji had come home in such a state. But for the rest of the evening they would spend their time together, watching films, a couple in fact before Angela had eventually fallen asleep with her head against his shoulder. She'd mumbled a sorry before she had dozed off though, her hand resting over his own as she was once more ridden with guilt thanks to the choices her friends had made.

Ah well. She still hoped it would end some day and they would be better off for it.

11. Genji Shimada

Genji Shimada Overwatch

Race:
    Cyborg
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    It didn't take too long before the door opened and Angela came out, acting as if nothing had happened and accepting his offer. Genji only nodded when she asked if he wanted something to eat, a bit stunned by the sudden change in behavior, but he knew better than to question it at this point. She grabbed his hand and led him to the couch, insisting that he let her handle everything since he had just gotten himself injured. He really wasn't feeling any pain at all anymore, but once again he decided to just not question it.

Genji took his mask off so he could eat while he and Angela to salvage that night. It didn't really take too long for Angela to fall asleep on his shoulder, muttering a soft "sorry" before she dozed off. Meanwhile, Genji stayed up for longer, still pondering over the events of the night.

He would have to uncover who that attacker was himself and he would look into that matter as soon as he could, but part of him couldn't help but be a little afraid of what he was going to uncover. Whoever that guy was... he was paranoid about what was happening inside Overwatch, so much that he seemed more upset that Genji could have had any involvement in what happened to take the organization down, rather than simply despising Overwatch as a whole.

Eventually Genji started feeling drowzy himself and soon enough he fell asleep with his head resting on top of Angela's. There were a lot of mysteries to uncover, but for now, he really just wanted to get some rest.