By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Didn't See This Thing On The Moon [Calamity]

Discussion in 'The Calamity' started by Akane Kurashiki, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Akane Kurashiki

Akane Kurashiki Zero Escape
    Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious

Councillor of Science
    Race:
    Human (Esper)
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Akane grinned when Stitch said he was designed to survive. The good news was that she wouldn't have to worry about another frail creature like she worried over Gab - but the bad news was that the circumstances hadn't changed, and they still needed to find food, water and all the other necessities of life.

"I'd be glad to stick together," she said once Stitch had repeated her short list. And then he said something that she almost hadn't considered up until this point: helping others.

It wasn't that Akane didn't care about other people. Her meddling in timelines had saved six billion people, if not more, but there had always been some sort of personal spin, some kind of selfish reason for wanting to get involved. And yet, here was Stitch, newly arrived to Pandora and not knowing anybody at all, wanting to help just for the sake of helping...

"I don't have anyone here," Akane said truthfully, although if Junpei or Aoi were here, she would have done anything to stop this entire process... she shook her head slightly to clear her mind and leaned forward again. "And I'm still not sure what's going on, but I don't have a good feeling about this." The weakening of her powers in Pandora didn't exactly help, and she was starting to get more than a little anxious. "I think we need to focus on getting supplies for now, and finding our way to a safe place."

She tried to convince herself that she was being selfless by helping Stitch, but the idea of her selfishness still stayed in her head, stewing as she looked around.

2. Stitch

Stitch Lilo & Stitch

Race:
    Experiment 626
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Stitch thought about it. He was a little uncomfortable with the way Akane seemed reluctant to help. More than that, he was worried that she only had a dog.

"... Gab come to this place with you?" he asked.

3. Akane Kurashiki

Councillor of Science
    Race:
    Human (Esper)
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

"Gab came with me," Akane answered, patting the little dog's head and rubbing his ears. He hadn't been her dog in her own world, but she doubted Delta would want anything more to do with him. When she made her own plans for her great Game, she hadn't thought about the parts after, nor of Building Q that still lay in the Nevada Desert. At least she hadn't left out anyone alive.

(Well. After Hongou had gotten to his three colleagues, there had been no one left alive to think about, or leave out.)

"I met him recently. Did you come here alone?" she asked, wondering if Stitch had left his human and alien family back at his home that was apparently also called Earth. Content to spend a few moments recovering from the shock of everything that was happening, Akane still had in the back of her mind that they would need to work on getting to a safer place.

4. Stitch

Stitch Lilo & Stitch

Race:
    Experiment 626
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Yes. Stitch got lost... at Graceland," Stitch said, looking to her for recognition, though he didn't know why. He sighed and hunched back on his lower legs for a moment, not quite sitting but slumped down heavily on the elephantine limbs. "I'm afraid I lost forever," he explained. Then he got up and went onward with renewed determination, expecting that Akane would follow if she wanted to.

5. Akane Kurashiki

Councillor of Science
    Race:
    Human (Esper)
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Akane was a little surprised to hear Stitch mention Graceland. She knew about Elvis - knew way too much, probably - but she had to do some research in order to corroborate the theory that he was still alive somewhere. It was one of her favorite theories, that maybe one of the Elvises in Las Vegas was the real one, and he took pleasure in giving his music to a new generation.

"I like to think Elvis is still alive," Akane said completely seriously, "but I've never been to Graceland. I still need to make my way out there. Was it nice to go with your family?"

Even though she was the one who brought up her family, it still hurt when Stitch said he was lost, perhaps forever. "We are going to find them again, one day. People leave this world all the time. I just don't know how - but I promise that if I do find out, I will let you know first." And then she would go, and even if Aoi and Junpei hadn't noticed her missing, she would throw her arms around them and with her brother and fiancé by her side, everything would be okay.

She knew she could do things alone. The thought of finding a way to not have to propelled her forward, following Stitch as he picked up the pace again. "I haven't been to many places, really," she pondered aloud as she walked. "I mean, I'm from Japan, but in the United States, I've mostly been in Nevada, and there's not much interesting going on there." Talking helped her keep her mind off of other things, like surviving and finding more opportunities to travel in a peaceful world.

6. Stitch

Stitch Lilo & Stitch

Race:
    Experiment 626
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I thought so..." Stitch said, his already warbling voice taking on a more mournful tone. He padded forward with an intense focus, not quite stomping on the ground. "Stitch not mean... not mean to leave anyone. Stitch know they think he bad again..." he sighed. "Stitch going to be good here. To show..." He trailed off, sniffing the air and altering route just a little.

7. Akane Kurashiki

Councillor of Science
    Race:
    Human (Esper)
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Even when she tried to take a cheerful tone, nothing could hide the fact that Akane and Stitch were alone together, running from a threat that neither of them knew, each hoping to find a way back to their loved ones.

“I know you didn’t mean to leave them,” Akane said, her steps also hastening as if that would help them get back to their own worlds. “I didn’t mean to leave my family either, or my fiance. I hope they know it wasn’t my choice to leave them behind.”

There was one timeline when she did leave Junpei, in order to orchestrate this one in which the world was ripe for their happiness. She remembered the sadness in the lines in his face, the way he reached out for her and yet was so scared of his own heart that he didn’t have the guts. They were in love, and yet strangers to each other… Akane would never let that happen again.

Stitch tried to be positive then, and Akane gritted her teeth and decided to do the same. “We can both do good here,” she said, thinking of how she had prevented the Radical-6 apocalypse in her world. Maybe she could do the same thing, and if not (her powers were strange here in Pandora, especially the fact that she hadn’t seen this coming), she could still help in the aftermath.

8. Stitch

Stitch Lilo & Stitch

Race:
    Experiment 626
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    "... Maybe Stitch help other people," Stitch said. He glanced over at Akane and the creature in her arms again. "... But you need safe place for dog," he said. He wanted to prove that he was good. He wanted to leave a path of it - breadcrumbs, Lilo had told him a story once - so that if his family ever found him, he would be able to prove that he had not abandoned them. He was a creature programmed for chaos, and it might take more than simple good intentions and apologies to prove himself worthy, he worried.

Akane Kurashiki likes this.
  9. Akane Kurashiki

Councillor of Science
    Race:
    Human (Esper)
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Akane nodded at Stitch’s intentions to help other people, but then she looked down concernedly at Gab when Stitch mentioned him. The poor dog was probably so confused considering everything that was going on; it was in his best interest as well as Akane’s to help him find a place where he could feel safe while she figured out a plan.

Sighing, Akane realized that she really would have to do something she thought she’d never have to do again. She hadn’t seen this apocalypse coming, and now she would need to scheme and plan just as she had for the Second Nonary Game as well as the Radical-6 apocalypse. All of this, instead of her happy ending with Junpei that felt farther away every minute…

As they rounded the corner, Akane pointed out what looked like a small shack, empty but not destroyed, with a sturdy enough roof to keep debris from coming in. “Do you think this would be a good place to rest for a bit?” she asked, wondering if Stitch would be interested in staying with her and planning, or if he would rather get right to helping others.

10. Stitch

Stitch Lilo & Stitch

Race:
    Experiment 626
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Stich okay," Stitch replied, but then he realized that she was talking about it for herself. His ears flattened down. He nodded. "Rest..." he said. There was a certain amount of nervous trepidation that he wasn't sure he'd managed to feel since the day he had finally been able to be free on Earth. "Does... Akane or Gab know if there a way to stop this?" He sat down, indicating that he planned to stay at least a little while longer. He picked a piece of gravel from his foot.

11. Akane Kurashiki

Councillor of Science
    Race:
    Human (Esper)
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

Akane had just begun to settle down when Stitch asked her the one question she’d been thinking of ever since this whole mess started. Was there a way she could have prevented this?

Back on Earth, she could see the disastrous paths of the future, the ones where humanity was eradicated through bombs or disease or any of a thousand other possibilities. But here, she hadn’t even felt an inkling of distress. Nothing at all! True, she hadn’t tried to tap into the morphogenetic field since arriving due to a lack of need, but that didn’t mean there wasn’t a need lurking beneath the surface.

Akane wondered if she would ever be able to live a normal life, if she could put aside her concerns for the world and just focus on herself like every other human seemed to do. True, she wasn’t a completely normal human, but she was still physically human and grew up among them, desiring the same peaceful and quiet life they preferred to live.

“I don’t think I could have done anything to prevent it,” Akane said truthfully after more musing. Even if she had known about the impending crisis, she didn’t have the money or staff or any other resources she would have needed to combat it. “And I don’t know how to stop it, because I don’t know what exactly is going on. I need some time to come up with a plan, and then I’ll do what I can.”

She looked down at the dog in her arms again. “And of course I’ll keep Gab safe. He’s like family,” she said, giving him another pat on the head. She hadn’t even known the dog for all that long, but he was the one remnant of her world here in Pandora, and she was determined to take the best possible care of him.