HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. SUMMER LOCATION: SWALLOW FALLS
    A new island has appeared off the coast of Cascade Bay! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. SUMMER EVENT: THE DREAM MACHINE
    Master lucid dreaming today! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Dig A Little Deeper

Discussion in 'Morhall' started by Billy Cranston, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Billy Cranston

Billy Cranston Power Rangers

Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    DIG A LITTLE DEEPER
    [​IMG]
    IT'S MORPHIN TIME
    ---- May 23
    . . .

It was coming about 2 months since he'd been in Pandora and the place really sparked his curiosity, especially since he discovered the Association of Pandoran Explorers. He couldn't be an official member because a lot of time was taken up with school and...well, being a Power Ranger, but he still wanted to help out. Plus, he was building up his collection again and because he didn't have all the stuff from his dad with him, he really felt the need to replace it. His dad would have wanted that. And since this place was full of people with powers, there was no telling what he might find.

He found a spot just on the outskirts of a place called Morhall - at the base of a mountain.

"Okay dad, I hope you're watching. Gonna make you proud," he said as he quickly set up his contraption and moved away from the base. 1...2...3.

Billy ducked away from the mountain, covering his head even though he had a helmet on (safety first, his dad always said).

A portion of the rock gave way in a controlled explosion. Parts of rock flew but it remained generally in tact. The explosion didn't detonate completely.

"Oh no, no, no, that's not deep enough," He ran back to the base of the mountain and examined his contraption. Inside, there was a wire out of place.

He looked out and saw someone coming down the road. Maybe they could help!

"Hey!" he called out - standing straight and waving. "Hey over here!"

. . .
    @Jack Jackson

Jack Jackson likes this.
  2. Jack Jackson

Jack Jackson The Pillars of the Earth

Master Builder
    Race:
    Human

[​IMG]
    He couldn't stay in Horizon forever. That wasn't what Guinevere would have wanted. Jack had to tell himself that over and over again with each step he took, with each moment he rode on that clockwork bus, with each foot he dragged himself. It was easy to just stay put and never leave. He'd been there before, he'd certainly done that. He remembered it so vividly after the attack which had scarred his face and taken his tongue from him. He had hardly ever left Morhall, much less the little cave he had called home back then, his only company the little kitten Asami had given him.

But he couldn't go back to that. He was stronger than he was before, and Guinevere's memory simply would not allow it. So he tried to focus instead on his work, which today in particular was bringing him up the path toward Morhall. Unfortunately for him, he didn't quite get there.

A nearby explosion suddenly sent the ground quaking beneath his feet and Jack sucked in a sharp, sudden breath, his eyes blue eyes darted down toward the ground as he tried to steady himself. His heart pounded in his chest and his gaze zipped around. The explosion hadn't been huge, not by any means, but it didn't take much to rattle Jack who had already been through so much. Guinevere had been light, that beacon of hope, that sign that whatever happened, he would always be okay. And now she was gone and everything little noise seemed to spook him.

To his surprise, though, he heard somebody shouting for him and Jack hesitated, staring across the way toward the stranger waving his arms around. The stonemason hesitated, glancing briefly over his shoulder and then back before slowly making his way toward him.

3. Billy Cranston

Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    IT'S MORPHIN TIME
    ---- May 23
    . . .

When the man looked back as if he was calling to someone else, Billy got a little anxious because it looked like he might leave. "No, over here! There's nothing back there. Look up here!"

And that's when the man started up the mountain towards him. "Yes!" he whispered to himself, and then he looked around at all of the equipment he had scattered around. "Now where did I put...? Oh, here it is." He grabbed the detonator device that failed...miserably. He called out the the man as he made his way up the mountain. "Hey man, thanks for coming up here. I didn't think you saw me at first but then I was like 'of course he saw me, I just blew apart some of this rock,' I think that's pretty noticeable. I hope didn't scare you, by the way. I just figured that this place was pretty isolated and I calculated the coordinates of the nearest town - Morhall I think? Yeah, Morhall. I've been coming up here for a few weeks now, and I don't see a lot of people come through this way. Well, except you - so again, thank you for coming up here."

. . .
    @Jack Jackson

Jack Jackson likes this.
  4. Jack Jackson

Master Builder
    Race:
    Human

The closer he got, the more uncomfortable he was. Maybe it was the fact that he was walking entirely into the unknown, or maybe it was the fact that there were strange pieces of equipment scattered across the ground, the kinds of which Jack had never seen before in his life. Truth be told, a part of him really did want to turn around and go the other way.

The boy himself was certainly not like anybody he had met before. Young wth dark skin and a mouth that seemed to be going a mile a minute. They were rather opposites in that regard. Jack was soft spoken and this boy couldn't seem to stop speaking, the stonemason's blue eyes wide as he tried to follow what he was saying.

He didn't really feel as though he was.

"Why, um ... Why exactly are you blowing things up?" he asked the moment he was finally able to get a word in.

5. Billy Cranston

Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    DIG A LITTLE DEEPER

IT'S MORPHIN TIME
    ---- May 23
    . . .

"Here, hold this," Billy lightly shoved the device he was holding into the man's chest. "Just don't press any buttons, okay? Thanks."

He started picking up the wire that was connected to the device and following it - straightening out towards the crumbled rock. "It won't do anything, it's broke, so don't worry. But I don't want you to break it even more, if that makes any sense?"

He started to pick up debris that fell on the wire and toss them out of the way and he talked all as he did this.

"My dad's been dead now for...7 years, 6 months and 23 days. I miss him a lot, you know? But not as much as I used to. My friends really helped me feel better about it. But anyway, my dad used to work at the mine back in my old world, before Pandora. And we used to find all this cool stuff. I found some cool stuff here too - in these rocks. My dad always knew the best spots and I think I'm starting to get the hang of finding them on my own." He checked the device at the other end of the wire before walking back over to the man.

"Thanks again, by the way." He took the device back and then a spark of realization hit him. "Oh! My name is Billy, Billy Cranston." He extended the hand not holding the device for a shake. "Kids used to call me Billy Crams Tons, as a 3rd grade joke. You know, like 'Billy Crams Tons of crayons up his butt.' But I didn't! That joke really didn't make a lot of sense. Anyway, really nice to meet you and thank you for coming all the way up here. There's just one thing I need help with if you don't mind staying for a few minutes?"

. . .
    @Jack Jackson

Jack Jackson likes this.
  6. Jack Jackson

Master Builder
    Race:
    Human

[​IMG]
    Eyes widening a fraction, Jack very nearly fumbled with the device Billy had shoved toward him, but by some miracle, he managed to hold onto it. His grip was careful but also light and practically at arm’s length as though he didn’t want to be holding it anyway. And he didn’t want to be holding it. Those sorts of things made him nervous. Technology. The advanced kind, the kind far behind his own time. He still vividly remembered that contraption that had been created during Horizon’s construction period. He still vividly remembered having to actually board that contraption and be lifted to heights he never had imagined having to be at.

And he vividly remember his heart pounding away in his chest, full of fear.

He must have seen the look on Jack’s face because the stranger suddenly assured him that it was broken and that there was nothing to worry about, but that didn’t seem to stop the young stonemason from holding onto it the way that he did. Still, despite that, he gave him a slight, stiff nod of the head. At that point, he didn’t trust himself not to break what was apparently already broken if he moved a single muscle.

And so, he watched in silence as the boy started picking up debris as he spoke. A faint frown tugged at the corners of Jack’s lips at the mention of his father. He spoke about it in a way that suggested it was just a part of life, and he could certainly respect that, but that didn’t make it any less sad. Jack had lost his father a long time ago as well.

But he kept going. Of course he did, he could talk with perfect ease for the both of them. Jack hadn’t been able to do that even before the accident which had left his face scarred and previously without a tongue at all. He could talk again now and he was certainly better at it than he’d been before, but he was still quiet. Uncomfortable. Anxious.

Billy. Billy Cranston. Billy Crams Tons of— That wasn’t a sort of imagery Jack could seem to understand and he looked perfectly perplexed by it, but it didn’t sound as though Billy would want him asking questions about it either. Which was a relief on both their parts because Jack didn’t intend to ask at all. He did seem reluctant at the prospect of sticking around, though. Hesitant. Even glanced away for a moment the way he’d come again before looking down at the device in his hands with uncertainty and then back to Billy again. ”… I don’t know that I’m the right person to help you,” Jack admitted. ”I’m not, um …”. Smart, he almost wanted to say, but that wasn’t true. He was just young and from a very different time. So instead, Jack just trailed off into silence.