By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Disruptive Little Parasite

Discussion in 'Pandopolis' started by C.A. Rotwang, Jan 30, 2019.

1. C.A. Rotwang

C.A. Rotwang Metropolis
    Archetypal Mad Scientist

Inventor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Directory:
    link

February 18th, Year 108
    Rocket Town
    Participants: @Dust

Rotwang sat at his writing desk, scribbling a jumble of unintelligible sentences onto a pad of paper. His posture was slouched, and he let out the occasional yawn as he jotted down words that were hard for even himself to read. It turned out that he’d slept dreadfully the night before, and it was all due to the events which took place as he was trying to get some rest.

His sleepless night had started with the sound of shattered glass on the downstairs level, which had turned out to be the after effect of a stone smashing through one of the windows. Apparently, a group of delinquents thought it’d be funny to vandalize Rotwang’s home, starting with a part of the building he cared about the least and going up from there. By the time he’d climbed down the stairs to see what the fuss was all about, the hooligans had left the scene, leaving two broken windows and a couple rolls of toilet paper unravelled over his yard as the only evidence of their existence.

While Rotwang had gone through the trouble of clearing up most his yard on the day that followed, he needed some supplies to fix the window and it was for that reason he was making a list of supplies to buy during the midst of his sleep deprivation. Furthermore, it just so happened that the two broken windows were positioned above the inventor’s desk, so every time the slightest breeze rushed past his house, it rustled the pages on the notepad and gave the poor man a feeling of immense frustration.

Alas, the wind wasn’t the only nuisance he’d have to put up with. He was about halfway through writing his list when a flying creature zoomed towards the hole in one of the windows. The animal had the appearance of what one could describe as a dragon fused with cat, though it was about the size of the latter. The sound of wings flapping served as nothing but a distraction for Rotwang, who glanced up after an uncomfortable moment has passed and looked the critter straight in the eye rather furiously. “Why are you so insistent on spying inside my home?" he grumbled, assuming that - this being Pandora - the creature would be able to answer him in a human language. "There is far from anything amusing for you to see here!”

Dust likes this.
  2. Dust

Dust Dust: An Elysian Tail

Adventurer
    Race:
    Warmblood
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Fidget had been confused and worried when Dust disappeared thanks to those magic vines that suddenly appeared, but clearly, she shouldn't have been. Barely a few seconds passed before more vines came for her. She flapped her wings and tried to bite them, but nothing was stopping them, and soon, she was gone too.

Once the moment was over, there was nothing for her to do but scream in terror. She had no idea what was around her, but the alley she'd been dropped into was creepy and she didn't like it. The sounds of people walking just outside the mouth of the alley didn't help.

In a panic, her wings started beating even faster as she flew blindly through the streets. Everything around her was a blur as she just zoomed past it all. She was alone in a strange place, and she'd been kidnapped by a thing and nothing was going right.

In the hopes of finding some peace and quiet, she happened to spot a few open windows on her confused journey through the streets. That was all she needed to know, really. Getting away from the loud noises she wasn't used to was worth a little breaking and entering.

So, she immediately ducked into the building, hoping the inhabitants were nice. Unfortunately, she was quite wrong, and ended up face-to-face with some... thing. For a few seconds, she could only stare at it, confused.

Once it started talking, all bets were off. Instantly, she shrieked and pointed right at the thing. "What are you?!" she yelled, "you're all... all bald! And your eyes! They're so creepy!" The fact that she was right next to the window meant someone not too far away overheard the familiar voice and started zeroing in on the location.

C.A. Rotwang likes this.
  3. C.A. Rotwang

C.A. Rotwang Metropolis
    Archetypal Mad Scientist

Inventor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Directory:
    link

Once the weird animal began screeching fearfully, Rotwang pulled back from the hole in the window though kept his wild gaze fixed on it. Just as he’d assumed, the creature could speak in a human language, either due to an otherworldly force translating or simply a strange coincidence. However, the winged cat’s shrieks of fear were rather aggravating and in a way he wished he couldn’t understand what it was saying, especially as it starting hurtling insults right at him. Especially because one of them was slightly worrying.

“What is that you said? Bald?” Rotwang’s eyes widened a bit. Clasping his hands over his head, he ran his fingers through his hair to make sure it was still there. It didn’t take him very long to realize that every strand hair on his head still remained. “That is not true! Not true at all, you little prankster!” he snarled, tugging gently at a piece of his fluffy white mane to show the pest that his hair was perfectly intact. “You do see this, yes? That is hair!”

The inventor dropped both of his hands back on his desk and picked up the pen he’d been writing with, making an abrupt pointing gesture with it at the winged being. “You have yet to answer my question! Why are you using my window as a peephole?! It is rude to stare, you know!” He sighed harshly, raising his hand to rub his tired and probably bloodshot eyes. Most certainly, that was what this critter had meant by creepy.

"It is all because of those verdammt hooligans…!” he cursed under his breath. “Casting rocks at my home! Wrapping it in Toilettenpapier!” Suddenly he was hit with a certain suspicion. “You wouldn’t happen to know anything about that, would you?” he questioned, glaring at the cat-dragon hybrid. While it was pretty small and seemed overall harmless, Rotwang wasn’t going to put anything past the strange habitants of Pandora.

* 'verdammt' is German for 'damn' and Toilettenpapier means 'toilet paper'

Dust likes this.
  4. Dust

Adventurer
    Race:
    Warmblood
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Fidget couldn't believe that the... thing thought that the little bit of hair on its head meant it wasn't bald. "That's barely any fur at all!" she insisted, "I mean, look at you! There's almost none on the rest of you, what even are you?!"

The thing started asking her about what she was doing there, which was fair enough, really. Not that she was going to admit that it had a point. She had to keep some control over the situation, before she really lost it.

"No! No!" she cried, pointing outside, "there's just so many bald things like you out there! And something dragged me here! Something with tentacles, I think! I needed to get away from it! I can't fight well on my own..." She really didn't feel like pretending she was much in a fight at the moment. With Dust, maybe, but she didn't really feel safe enough to make jokes.

She felt even less safe when the thing started accusing her of knowing something about... something. "Uh, no? Of course I don't know anything. I don't even know what... that stuff is." There was way too much going on right then, but fortunately, she was still being loud enough that by then, the first familiar voice came through the window.

"Fidget?" Dust called, walking brazenly up to the window, "is that you?"

"Dust! You're here too! Those vines came for me right after they grabbed you, and then suddenly there's all of these big things around, then I showed up here, and now this thing," she pointed accusingly at Rotwang, "accused me of knowing stuff!"

"I'm sure anyone who knows you would never really accuse you of that, Fidget," Dust replied with a smirk.

"Than- hey!"

C.A. Rotwang likes this.
  5. C.A. Rotwang

C.A. Rotwang Metropolis
    Archetypal Mad Scientist

Inventor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Directory:
    link

“But why would I have any of this fur that you speak of?!” Rotwang barked, becoming more and more exasperated with the creature by the minute. “I am not one for keeping pets in the house and that most certainly includes cats with abnormalities such as yourself! There is no reason that I would be covered in animal hair!” Clapping a palm over his face, he added, “it is as if you expect me to grow it - have you not ever seen a person in your life?!”

His frustrations grew as the animal continued to insult him. “Why do you insist that I am a bald thing?! The hair on my head is all that I need! And it is human hair, not fur!” He suddenly paused as her comment about his species being everywhere registered with him. “You really have never seen a human being before, have you?”

The winged cat’s next comment rang a bell with him as well, though only vaguely as he was barely aware of himself when he was taken to Pandora. “Tentacles...you are speaking of Pandora’s vines, yes?” he asked in a quieter, less enraged tone. “Could it be that you are new to this realm?”

He had leaned his face closer towards the furry thing as if he was attempting to examine her when a new person arrived and had called the winged thing by what could only be its name. “Fidget?” he whispered to himself, leaning back so he could get a better view of the one who had spoken. The top half of the person’s face may have been shrouded, but Rotwang could tell by their nose that they were also an animal of some sort.

Rotwang listened as the two felines began to converse. The larger one was called Dust, apparently, and it seemed as if the two knew each other. It wasn’t until the orange one poked a finger at him that he spoke again. “I have every reason to!” he snapped back in self-defense. “Is this one your accomplice?” He gestured to the cloaked cat. “Unless, is it the other way around? Exactly who is the one that thought up the notion of vandalizing my home?!”

Dust likes this.
  6. Dust

Adventurer
    Race:
    Warmblood
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "You should have fur because everyone has fur," Fidget reasoned, "that's just how it goes. Aren't you cold? I know if I got completely shaved, I'd be freezing." She neglected to mention that part of her problem would be her lack of clothes.

Fortunately, their argument was interrupted by Dust's appearance, and Fidget quickly took up her usual spot behind his head as Dust talked to the furless thing in the building.

"She's my friend," he corrected, "and hasn't been in Pandora long, I don't think."

"Is that what this place is called? Pan-door-a?"

"Yes, Fidget, it's... complicated. I'll explain later, alright?" Fidget nodded, so Dust turned his attention back to the man who was accusing them of... something. Dust raised one hand (since Ahrah was still in the other) to try and indicate that he was peaceful.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he confessed, "but I can promise you, we haven't done anything to you. I've only been in this city for a few hours now. Look, I can't fix broken windows, but is there anything you need me to do to prove I'm not... whoever you seem to think I am?"

"You know, Dust, maybe we should just leave him alone," Fidget advised, "he doesn't seem really friendly."

"Maybe because you flew through his window. You're probably lucky he didn't pull out the bug spray."

"Hey! I'm not a bug!"

"I know, but the resemblance is uncanny."

"You're mean."

C.A. Rotwang likes this.
  7. C.A. Rotwang

C.A. Rotwang Metropolis
    Archetypal Mad Scientist

Inventor
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Directory:
    link

“She is your friend?” Rotwang raised a brow at the bipedal cat’s comment and glanced quickly at the orange thing as if to make absolutely sure that was what he was referring to. “So you do associate with this pest?” He made a bitter face at the thought of anyone wanting to befriend the orange bat-cat.

Before he could accuse them any more of damaging his property, however, the cloaked feline had spoken on behalf of his own defense, saying he’d only been in Pandora for several hours, and his friend even less than that. The inventor stopped to consider this for a moment, only speaking again once the one called Dust offered to prove himself innocent.

“Well, you may start by silencing that insufferable pet of yours!” he grumbled. “You claim you cannot fix windows, yes? But you can most certainly gather supplies!” Rotwang scribbled one last word down on his list and then lifted the notepad so the two of them could see it. Everything on the paper was jumbled and would be rather difficult for even one with the keenest of eyesight to decipher. “You are able to read, I am most certain? These supplies,” he pointed to each scribble on the page, “are what I need.”

Rotwang thrust the pad of paper out the hole in the window and towards Dust. “If you wish not to look guilty then you will go and fetch these for me!”

Dust likes this.
  8. Dust

Adventurer
    Race:
    Warmblood
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Dust chuckled lightheartedly, even as Fidget made an indignant squawking noise. "You get used to her after a while," he replied, his smile slightly hidden by his hat, but clearly evident in his voice. He barely even reacted when Fidget kicked said hat only enough to move it a little.

"At least I'm not the one who thinks that jumping down into some deep hole of mystery is the best idea to save a village of people," she retorted.

"You're right, it's clearly the best way to save two villages." Fidget clearly didn't have a response to that, only sputtering slightly before smacking his hat once again.

It was a little bit of a surprise when the human handed Dust a list of supplies to gather, mostly because he was quite wrong, Dust couldn't read. Not any human languages, anyway, if he could read the languages of his own people, he'd never had a chance to test that.

Fortunately, Ahrah could, though he had a feeling his sword was going to be pretty challenged by this list. It didn't matter, they'd figure something out like they always did.

But not before Fidget started talking again. "Who're you calling a pet, baldy?!" she exclaimed, "Dust, why're we even helping a big jerkface like him?!"

"Because he could use the help, Fidget," was all Dust replied with before using the paper to nudge her to follow him.

C.A. Rotwang likes this.