By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Open Distance Dropped

Discussion in 'Crystal Vales' started by Sora, May 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Sora

Sora Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Sora laughed heartily as Riley defended himself. Still, Lucario seemed to consider Sora's words at least a little bit. It wasn't like Sora was saying that Lucario should come with him. Just that he didn't see why Riley was the 'trainer.' Frankly, as far as Sora was concerned, it was Riley who needed some training.

"Yeah, he is." Sora agreed. The connection between the two of them was strong. It made Sora ache for his own friends. He'd find them though. They couldn't have gone far.

Lucario's confusion about shaking made Sora wonder if they didn't shake hands in this world. Turns out, it was just Lucario. "It's like this," he said, gently shaking Lucario's paw in a more exaggerated way than normal. "This is something you do when you meet a new friend."

The sudden change in voice caught Sora off guard a bit. He glanced over towards Riley to make sure that it wasn't just him. Although, it could be the world. Sora had no idea. Every world was just so different! That was half the fun of it.

"Oh, before I forget." Sora dug into his pocket and pulled out two little blue jars with a large green star. He handed one of the potions to Lucario. "Like this." He tossed the potion into the air. The bottle transformed into a golden star the second it left his hand. Green orbs surrounded his body, healing him of every bump and bruise he'd gained in the battle.

Riley likes this.
  2. Riley

Riley Pokémon

Exploring
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Lucario still didn't see the purpose of shaking hands (or paws, in his case) and Riley started chuckling at the sight of his confusion. "Most pokemon greet each other by battling," he called over to Sora, "so, as far as he's concerned, you already have shaken hands." It was dangerous, but pokemon could be dangerous.

The confusion was evident on Sora's face as well as his aura, so Riley felt the need to explain some more. "Most pokemon can only say their name," he said, "Lucario's able to say a bit more due to his control over his aura. It's just more convenient for him to introduce himself the simpler way."

Both pokemon and trainer watched with interest as Sora demonstrated how his potions worked. Lucario glanced down at his own and turned it around in his paws for a second, as if trying to find the secret as to how that happened. Of course, he couldn't find it, and simply had to toss his in the air as well, feeling his minor wounds disappearing in an instant. The sides of his mouth curved up in a grateful smile.

Sora likes this.
  3. Sora

Sora Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    "Ooooooh." Sora never even thought sparring could be a greeting. Although, it kinda made sense. Battling certainly was a fun way to greet people. Chuckling, he grinned broadly at Lucario. "Can't hurt to say hi twice!"

If Sora were any brighter, then the number of times he'd been confused ever since meeting Riley and Lucario might have been a clue (or at least would have surprised him). As it was though, Sora just sat in some confusion until Riley finally gave him an explanation. "That makes sense." Well, not entirely, but enough for Sora.

This world was so strange. There were so many rules and concepts that Sora never heard of before. It was really exciting. The closest he could think of were the sleeping worlds, and even then they didn't really hold a candle to Pandora. "Man, just when I was starting to think that pokemon were like Dream Eaters."

Riley likes this.
  4. Riley

Riley Pokémon

Exploring
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Riley couldn't help but smile at Sora's cheerful commentary. It was nice to see someone so genuinely invested in friendship after spending so long in Pandora. A bit of fresh air, as it were. Lucario just snorted, more amused at Sora's simple nature than anything else.

It was a surprise to Riley when Sora didn't even ask what aura was. Maybe he figured he'd just get more confused if he asked. Or it didn't occur to him. Riley could see either one being a possibility. Still, he decided to elaborate just a bit, "I can use aura too, so he can say a lot more that I can understand. I'm pretty sure right now, he's just like a toddler, still learning words."

Lucario wanted to growl at Riley for the comparison, but Lucario's words caused him to growl in confusion. "Dreams?" he repeated.

Riley wasn't any less confused. Before he could think better of it, he blurted, "isn't that a move?"

Sora likes this.
  5. Sora

Sora Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Sora balked, a look of horror on his face. "I fought a toddler!?!" He exclaimed, glancing repeatedly between Riley and Lucario. What did he do?! He hit a toddler with his keyblade. Sora could feel a little panic rising. But, he was so sure that Lucario was older than that. Lucario certainly acted older than a toddler.

Lucario and Riley's questions helped distract and calm Sora down, especially since it meant showing off his spirit. "I don't think so. Here, let me show you." Sora said, digging into his pocket. He noticed something rather large in it and stopped. Confused, he pulled out a large object of some kind. The top part was framed with a golden crown, the sides were red, and the bottom was black. The face of the object appeared to be a screen of some sort. Sora cocked his head to the side, not entirely sure what he was looking at. He didn't even know he had something like that. Shrugged, Sora put it back in his pants pocket. A mystery for another time. Going into his other pocket, he found what he wanted.

This time, he pulled out the Dream Heartbinder. It was a silver, star shaped object big enough to fit comfortably in his hand. The purple center displayed a white Dream Eater symbol. Smiling, Sora put the Heartbinder to his chest and concentrated. "Light."

Nothing happened.

"Huh?" Sora pulled the Heartbinder away and started at it. "It's not working."

Riley likes this.
  6. Riley

Riley Pokémon

Exploring
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Riley and Lucario both balked at Sora's misunderstanding. Salamence simply let out some wheezing noises that sounded vaguely like laughter. Indignant, Lucario's ears flattened and he started barking in frustration.

"Uh, no?" Riley tried to correct, "his language skills are at a toddler's level. He's probably around your age, if I had to guess." His egg had hatched when Riley was fairly young. Not that young Pokemon were incapable of protecting themselves or anything, but he wouldn't let one too young fight a human, since that had bad idea written all over it.

The Pokemon and trainer watched curiously as Sora started riffling through his own pockets, confused by the phone he apparently brought, then failed to do... something. Obviously, none of them knew what he was actually trying to do, but Riley tried to be helpful.

"I'm not sure what's supposed to be happening," he confessed, "but is it perhaps not working because Pandora won't let you connect to anything outside? People with phones can't call anyone outside, so that might be it, if that's what you're doing."

Sora likes this.
  7. Sora

Sora Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    "Oooooh." He heaved a sigh of relief. That made Sora feel a lot better. At least he wasn't fighting an actual toddler, just someone learning how to talk. Sora beamed at Lucario, even happier to hear that they were around the same age. "Well, if you need any help, I'd be happy to talk with you. Practice makes perfect, right?" It wasn't really a question. Honestly, if anything, the practice made for a great excuse to hang out with his new friend and maybe even spar again. Their battle was a ton of fun! Sora silently vowed that next time he'd win for sure.

Normally, Riley was right. People in different worlds couldn't interact with one another. That's just how things were. The worlds stayed seperate. Except, Sora's stuff was supposed to ignore that rule. His things were the exception. Yen Sid said his Heartbinder should make connecting to his friends easier. Plus, Yen Sid's magic was crazy powerful. Sora shook the trinket. "Is it broken?" He wondered, muttering to himself. For a brief, horrifying moment, Sora wondered if this was because of his power loss. But it couldn't be.

"I don't really know what a phone is, but my Heartbinder should work. It's supposed to summon one of my Dream Eaters. The fact that I'm in another world shouldn't matter. The magic in it should get through the seperation between worlds." Sora crossed his arms over his chest, worry and confusion mixing together into a puzzling mess. "So why isn't it?"

Riley likes this.
  8. Riley

Riley Pokémon

Exploring
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"Practice," Lucario replied with a tone of distaste, "better."

It probably made no sense to anyone other that Riley, who rolled his eyes and called back, "don't act like you're too good to practice when you still can't even say one sentence to anyone but me. Wouldn't your pride be less wounded by actually trying?"

Lucario didn't seem to have an answer to that, merely huffing and crossing his arms. Riley shot Sora a look that screamed fond exasperation. "Maybe I was wrong," he joked, "being a toddler would certainly explain everything about him much better."

The phone usually working between worlds made it a bit clearer to Riley why Sora was taking everything so well. He probably didn't have the big picture yet. Or maybe he was just assuming; he still had to try and get through to him.

"Well, Pandora is, uh... how do I put this... unique? Yeah, it's a unique world," he said, "the... things in charge, I think some people assume them to be gods, they keep this whole world isolated from the others. No one can get in or out, even when they should be powerful enough or have the technology."

Sora likes this.
  9. Sora

Sora Kingdom Hearts

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Sora laughed at the banter between Riley and Lucario. They teased each other a lot, but it was all in good fun. Plus it seemed like they really cared for one another. It made Sora miss his other friends, wherever they were. Sora just hoped that Donald and Goofy would find him soon.

Sora's good mood quickly disappeared with every word Riley said about Pandora. Color slowly drained from Sora's face. It wasn't just that this world was isolated. Something was locking them inside. A rising sense of panic started to take hold. If that was true, Donald and Goofy wouldn't be able to follow him to Pandora!

"No way." Sora lamented. He just couldn't believe it. Nor would he accept it. There had to be a way out. Desperate, Sora held his keyblade aloft, lifting it high with both hands. He closed his eyes and tried to focus on his friends. "May my heart be my guiding key," he whispered. The end of the key began to glow, but the light quickly flickered and died. Sora squeezed the grip on the blade a little harder, focusing even more. Nothing. Devastated, Sora slowly lowered the key and looked at it with a totally broken heart.

"It's not working... I just learned how to create portals between worlds, but now..." Yet another power that he'd lost. Sora had somehow managed to take one step forward and two steps back without even realizing it. Again.

Riley likes this.
  10. Riley

Riley Pokémon

Exploring
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

The good mood was quickly soured when Sora finally started to grasp what was going on. His aura was changing from lighthearted to anxious before Riley and Lucario's eyes. They watched in concern as Sora became more and more despondent, trying... something with his weapon.

When Sora finished whatever he was trying to do, Lucario lowered his head, butting it against Sora's shoulder gently. "Temporary," he said, trying his best to help Sora out the only way he really could at the moment.

Fortunately, Riley was able to pick up the slack. He stood up to get closer to Sora, just in case he needed some comfort that wasn't likely to accidentally impale him if he wasn't careful. Having spikes where they were could often be a problem for Lucario.

"He's right," Riley said, nodding towards Lucario, "no matter how long it takes, eventually, we'll all get sent right back to where we were. From what I've heard, not even a second will pass in the world you left. You'll probably be back with your friends before you know it."

Sora likes this.