By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Don't judge a book

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Rocket Raccoon, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Rocket Raccoon

Rocket Raccoon Marvel Universe

Freelance Mercenary
    Race:
    Genetically-altered Raccoon
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    April 8th, Year 7

Preparing to enter the cafe, someone came from the other direction and the raccoon barely got out of the way before the door could hit him. A small but sharp twisting sensation at the pit of his stomach made his thoughts shift and reminded him that he kind of needed to eat. The smells that hit his nose made a thin trail of spittle run down his chin and he wiped it away with the back of one hand.

Humming to himself, Rocket then fiddled with the tip of his tail, then turned and moved to climb up into the nearest booth Eyeing the waitress as she drifted over, he commented, his tone politer than usual as he gave her a friendly smile "You mind fetchin' me a mac & cheese burger with spicy buffalo sauce and chorizo, fried pickle chips and some churros with cinnamon-flavored whipped cream ma'am"

Ignoring the stares that people were giving him like they weren't used to seeing him with good manners, Rocket fell silent and tucked in after the food arrived, alternating between his food and the coffee. Paying the waitress once he had finished, he leaned back against the leather seat. Life was good.

((OoC: It's Twin Time))

Luke Cage likes this.
  2. Luke Cage

Luke Cage Marvel Universe

Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    There wasn't much to do around Pandora. Well, scratch that, there was plenty to do around here, this place was more alive than New York seemed to be. Somehow much more diverse as well, which he never thought possible, but there was a significant amount of 'non-human' folks around that seemed to change up the census a bit. Still, there was that bit of boredom that seemed to come out of nowhere every so often.

So, he decided to take a jog around the town. It was nice out, unsurprisingly, and he needed to get some exercise in. Lazing around wasn't an option, and he was getting hungry anyways. He jogged around town before running into a small café, and deciding to give it a shot.

He sat down at the café, flipping through the menu as the waitress came up. "I'll just take a BLT and a coffee, please." He said, smiling as he put the menu down. He looked around the café, before realizing more than a couple people were staring at some sort of raccoon with a whole lot of food just a table away. Weird, but he decided to make some sort of idle talk. After all, he didn't want to end up staring and doing nothing just like everyone else..

"You seem like you're in a good mood." He said, leaning back, A raccoon. He was talking to a raccoon. If he had experienced this a while ago, he would have thought he was in some kind of fever dream. There was still some doubt about this not being a fever dream anyways, honestly, but hey, he wasn't about to go and judge some raccoon that was having a good time at a café. "Don't think I've seen you around here. My name's Luke. You are?"

Rocket Raccoon likes this.
  3. Rocket Raccoon

Freelance Mercenary
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    He was picking at the pasta-covered beef patty by now and enjoying the creamy spiciness. Until a voice cut across the hushed whispers and he swallowed his mouthful of food before glancing at the man who had just spoken.

Throwing the guy who had introduced himself as Luke a small smile, he wondered if he could get an ear-skritch out of this encounter. Pettings were always good and people seemed to like stroking him back home - who was he to deny people a little piece of enjoyment though it always seemed to be women and kids over men.

"Why wouldn't I be happy - good food, good company" the smaller being replied with a friendly wave "Call me Rocket, and wanna join me?"

#3 Rocket Raccoon, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Luke Cage likes this.
  4. Luke Cage

Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    In all honesty, part of him didn't expect the Raccoon to respond. He had taken a shot at the fact that maybe it was sentient, and apparently was right. Cool. "I hear you about that, man. It's just a nice day out, you know?" He nodded as the raccoon-- Rocket-- formally introduced himself.

"You know what? Sure, I'll join." He replied, moving over to his table and sitting down, quickly deciding to just accept the fact that this was actually happening, and deciding not to get too deep into thinking about the why. Although he did have a million questions, but he wasn't exactly sure what was taboo to ask a raccoon, or what was just taboo to ask in general in Pandora. So he fell on the obvious. Small talk.

"Yeah, I just dropped in here around 2 months ago." Two months? It had seriously been that long? "You know, just trying to get used to things. Have you been here a while yourself? Are there more of you guys all over? Just curious."

5. Rocket Raccoon

Freelance Mercenary
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I know it is. Can't wait for summer though as I hear it's spring here right now" the raccoon chipped in with a small smile, he was in too good a mood to let a dig get to him and nodded back at Luke.

"Glad you want to join me. So is there anything you want to know?" he continued. Unluckily he had only enough money for one meal or he would have offered to buy the guy something as well - food or drinks were a good ice-breaker after all following opening the floor to all and any questions this human may have.

"I'm sure everyone's been new here once" the raccoon replied as he picked at his food some more and added "And no, there's no more like me out there, I think. I know I'm one of a kind back home"

Luke Cage likes this.
  6. Luke Cage

Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "One of a kind back home, huh?" He wasn't that surprised. One talking raccoon seemed like enough, but if they were all as nice as this one, he would definitely have second thoughts. There was some doubt though, raccoons in general seemed like a bunch of sneaky bastards when they couldn't talk. But hey, he tried not to be the type of person that judged.

"Where is home? I'm just asking because there doesn't really seem to be a real consistent spot where people come from. It's kind of a toss up, you know? Some people are from Chicago, some are from Africa, others are from space or something." It was actually really interesting. New York was already one of the biggest melting pots back home, but here it was something new. Like a melting bucket. Or a melting cauldron. He couldn't really think of a good metaphor for it, but he knew whatever it was, it was really interesting.

"I'm from New York myself. Which is why I'm curious. Back home it seemed to be one of the epicenters of strange activities. Superpowers and the like, and I just thought that you might be part of that general weirdness."

7. Rocket Raccoon

Freelance Mercenary
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Yeah, a friend told me I look like creatures from his home-planet though they ain't walkin' and talkin', or capable of makin' weapons" Rocket replied before taking another mouthful of his lunch. He would admit he was curious about what these animals looked like compared to him and how close the similarities were.

Lost in thought while he chewed and swallowed his food, his ears twitching a little at the human's next question before he continued "I noticed that and before endin' up here - I lived in what you call outer space." And he was becoming curious about the places this guy was mentioning - Chicago? Africa?

"New York? Afraid I never heard of it - guessing it's some place on Terra though. And it kind of sounds fun, can it give this place a run for its money in the weirdness stakes?" he was now curious even if he only learnt about Pandora's oddness vie word of mouth while wandering the streets.

#7 Rocket Raccoon, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Luke Cage likes this.
  8. Luke Cage

Bartender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Out of all the places he would have expected Rocket to be from, Outer Space wasn't on the list. That didn't exactly seem possible. He could have dealt with some lab or something on Earth, since he wasn't a stranger to weird genetic experiments, but this was a whole new deal. Brought up a whole new load of questions, too. Were there just raccoons in space? Were they abducted? Did raccoons originate in space and end up on Earth? Where did the Raccoon-Space connection begin and end? The more he thought about it, the more he felt like some wack-job conspiracy theorist.

Still, he didn't want to pry, and considering Rocket didn't seem that different than most people (outside of the obvious), he wasn't about to try and dig out every detail he could. "Space, huh? Guess that means there really is life out there after all. Are people flying around in spaceships and all that? Flying cars?" It wasn't like he doubted the existence of aliens. All that stuff with the Avengers and superheroes and whatnot made it undoubtable. Still, now he was just curious how far back Earth was with their tech.

Terra? He assumed that's just what they called Earth. "New York? I'd say it gets pretty out of hand at points, but it doesn't match what's going on here. This place seems to take weird and toss it to a whole new level. I miss it though, as nice as this place is, it can't beat home, you know?"

9. Rocket Raccoon

Freelance Mercenary
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Oh yeah, there's more life out there than you know. And spaceships are just one mode of transport - some planets have low-flying ones they use to travel around their homeworlds" Rocket replied, his thoughts flashing back to Xandar in particular as the Nova Corps were well-known for piloting such craft.

Maybe these car things were some kind of Terran transport as he had never heard of one before now let alone one that flew. And that meant he was now curious about getting his hands on one - figuring out how it worked and all that.

"Sounds like an interestin' place to visit, maybe I could talk Quill into checkin' out this New York place if we ever get out here. And as for this place, so I've heard, nothin' beats one's home though" the raccoon added with a nod, his attention seeming to be pulled fully away from his lunch now.