By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Open Don't make a monkey out of me!

Discussion in 'Pandopolis City' started by Cilan, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    June 8th 108

Finally! After wandering aimlessly for what seemed like forever, it appeared that Cilan had found civilisation. A huge sigh of relief escaped the Conoisseurs lips as he took a moment to explore his surroundings.

"I don't know where we are but I'm sure glad we found it!" Cilan exclaimed cheerfully to a small green monkey-like Pokemon that stood by his side. Although he could only speak his name, this didn't stop Cilans Pansage from doing so in a cheerful manner. In spite of the circumstances that brought them here, the two friends remained cautiously optimistic. Now that they were here they could hopefully find someone who could tell them where they were and get them back on track. After all, Cilan had a fishing contest in Hoenn to attend.

Examining a small device that should have contained a map of their location had refused to respond since they got here but Cilan was still pretty sure that this was a recipe that could still be put right with the correct ingredients.

"Don't worry, all we need to do is ask somebody then I'm sure we'll be alright." Cilan assured his slighlty nervous looking Pansage who whimpered slighlty in response. Unfortunately, the Connoisseurs plan of action seemed like a good idea in theory but in practice it was proving a little difficult as many people simply walked on by without giving him a second glance and even when he stopped in front of one person, they simply barged through him like he wasn't there.

"This could be harder than I thought..." Cilan mumbled thoughtfully while maintaining a calm tone and demeanor.

#1 Cilan, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Pikachu likes this.
  2. Pikachu

Pikachu Pokemon
    ...or, you know, wherever.

Intrepid Solver of Mysteries
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

It hadn't been too long ago that he was on the receiving end of the cold shoulder that Pandopolis gave to people; in this strange town, nearly everyone was a stranger, and nobody made time for strangers. Everyone had somewhere to be, something to do, someone to meet. Fortunately, being between cases, he had all the time in the world today, but not enough money to drink his way through it, so it was the perfect time to do a good deed for a fellow Pokemon.

Abandoning his perch upon a table set outside a nearby cafe, the little yellow detective left behind a half-finished mug of coffee, he bounded over in the direction of the Pansage and his brightly-haired human companion. After deftly weaving his way around the legs of some very busy looking citizens and almost tripping over the feet of some he didn't deftly weave around, he came crashing to a halt in front of the Pansage.

"I don't normally, you know, approach strangers in the street," he cast one very quick glance up at Cilan, before going back to address the Pansage, smiling brightly, "but you look pretty lost. First time in the big city? You won't get far trying to get their attention, this place, nobody ever bothers to look down."

Then, from the cafe that the detective had just left, somebody shouted: "Who drank my coffee?"

3. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Cilan could only look in wonder and relief as another Pokemon approach. It hadn't exactly been easy for it and Cilan stepped in order to help but the pikachu had already managed to approach Pansage. Looking at the Connoisseur only briefly as he... Spoke?! "Did you just-?!" Cilan gasped before cutting himself off upon realising that Pikachu was talking to Pansage so he simply let his companion do the talking instead.

"(We've certainly never been here before.)" Pansage began. Of course, only Pikachu knew what he was saying for Cilan could only here the sounds that his Pokemon usually made. " (Do you know someplace where we can find out more about where we are?)"

Meanwhile not only had Cilans face fell as the man yelled and he quickly put two and two together. The last thing Cilan needed right now was any sort of trouble so he had to act.

"This way! " Cilan whispered urgently as he ushered the two Pokemon to follow him away from the scene of the 'crime' for lack of a better term.

"(I think we should.)" Pansage added with a slight gulp.

4. Pikachu

Pikachu Pokemon

Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Giving a nod in agreement to the Pansage, Pikachu quickly followed after the human - well, quickly wasn't quite the right word, there was definitely some urgency in the way he moved, but it had already been a long day, and he'd already been chased out of a few cafes. It was mostly caffeine and a desire not to get caught that carried him along, and as he spoke to the Pansage while running along, his sentences were punctuated with pauses for breath. Really, who enjoyed running around?

"Sometimes they do tours! But this place, it's-" he paused briefly to grab another lungful of air, wincing slightly, "-another world, hard to explain when running, city's not so bad, just- wait, hold on a moment."

In an attempt to get the attention of Cilan, he bounded forward with what little caffeinated energy he had left in reserve, and reached out to tug on his trouser leg with one outstretched paw, before returning to bounding along on all fours.

"I get the need for exercise but this running thing would be a lot easier if you carried us both," he glanced back to the Pansage, although he wasn't sure whether or not the other Pokemon felt the same way, it didn't seem fair to suggest only one of them got carried. Back in the direction of the cafe, it sounded a lot like one customer was busy haranguing a beleaguered waiter about how one might complain to the manager about the coffee thief striking again.

Cilan likes this.
  5. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Cilan felt the tugging on his trousers and glanced down to see Pikachu asking to be carried which stopped him in his tracks. Why was he even running when all they had to do was blend into the crowd. Not that he could see anybody else with bright green hair but it was worth a try. With a bit of luck the angry customer didn't see the culprit of the coffee theft follow him. Soon they found themselves in a quieter part of town where they could.

"What am I doing?" Cilan gasped in disbelief. "Sorry, I haven't been myself today, a lot's happened."

Cilan smiled sheepishly s he thought about being dragged here by evil tendrils and finding himself lost in a city before suddenly brightening and getting back to business.

"Anyhow, you were trying to say something to Pansage?" Cilan piped up cheerfully as he gestured towards the grass type Pokemon who had just caught and again and was now looking eagerly at Pikachu. Now that that was hopefully over with, he and his trainer could get bac,

"(Phew, that was interesting. Now what were you about to say...?)" Pansage asked in a cheerful manner not unlike that of Cilan.

Pikachu likes this.
  6. Pikachu

Pikachu Pokemon

Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"...well, where to start? This is probably going to sound like I've been taking crazy pills," the detective glanced back in the direction they'd just come from, keeping half an eye out for any signs that they'd been followed and, finding none, he turned his attention fully to the Pansage. Dealing with the human that accompanied the Pokemon could wait, it wasn't as if there was a shortage of humans to explain to him what was going on and, in a weird way, talking to the grass-type, he could almost pretend that he was back home. That everything was normal.

"But did some... tentacles grab you? And suddenly you're here," he winced thinking about his own arrival into the world, ears flattening out, "and everything hurts and you're- is, is any of this sounding familiar? Whereabouts are you two from? Because wherever it is, this is about as far away from there as you can get, I think."

7. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Even though Pikachu was talking to Pansage, Cilan observed and took everything in regardless. That's right, some kind of tentacles. This caused the Connoisseur to grimace slightly as he remembered Pansages vain attempts to save him and ending up being dragged down himself. Considering that, Cilan sure was relieved that they had been thrown into a place like this and not some kind of underground hell. Even so he could only hear one side of the conversation so he folded his arms and continued to silently observe.

"(That's right!)" Pansage exclaimed while trying his best to maintain a cheery disposition. "(We come from Unova! Only we were actually in Johto at the time. But even though we're far away, we can still find our way back eventually, right.)"

Little did Pansage know that neither he nor Cilan were going to like the answer, he remained hopeful for his trainers sake. After all the monkey knew more than anyone that his cheerful attitude was usually a front and he knew that because he was exactly the same.

Pikachu likes this.
  8. Pikachu

Pikachu Pokemon

Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

While the Pansage remained determinedly optimistic, the little yellow detective couldn't quite bring himself to look at him or his human partner; nobody wanted to hear that they were stuck here, and even when people did disappear from this place, nobody could be certain where they winded up. After giving the ground in front of him a good, long look, he finally arrived at a way of telling the truth that didn't make it sound too bad.

"Nobody else has here yet, but there's a whole lot of here to explore. So maybe someone's found a way out of here, and the news hasn't got to me yet," he gave the faintest of smiles towards his fellow Pokemon, looking for any signs that this was comforting news, "plus some of the coffee's not bad in the city. It's sort of reminds me of home, and there's- oh, big city in Unova, it's on the tip of my tongue, I can just- Castelia? That's a busy place too, right?"

"...you, uh, you want me to break the news to your partner up there?"

9. Cilan

Cilan Pokemon

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    "It's alright, I overheard." Cilan informed the Pikachu softly as both he and Pansages faces fell in dismay. Surely they couldn't be stuck here? For one, Cilan had a date with a fishing contest in Hoenn and for another... Well it wasn't a pleasant situation for anyone to be in but at least they were in a city and not having to survive as castaways.

However, It seemed that Pikachu was trying to change the subject (Most likely to prevent them from asking too many questions that he couldn't answer) so Pansage continued to speak with him while which bought Cilan some time to ponder their situation and hopefully make sense of it.

"(Uh.. Yes that's right, You're lucky if the Pokemon there have time for each other never mind the people!)" Pansage piped up in a voice that suggested that he had struggled for a short moment to perk up again.

"Or at least that's what it can feel like but I'm usually in a Pokeball, so I don't have to go through that.) The green monkey added before getting back to one more question.

"Um, do you know someone who could tell us more about this place?"