HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Elle, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Elle

Elle ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD.
    Forum Upkeep Division

Shadowhunters Stan
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Directory:
    link

Elle's Organizer

the plot sucks, but the killings are gorgeous

About MeHELLO THERE. My name is Elle, I'm 29, and I care more about the lives of my favorite fictional characters than I do my own probably tbh. Like do me wrong, okay whatever, but SAY ONE NEGATIVE THING ABOUT SAM WINCHESTER AND I'M COMING FOR YOU. *ahem* Anyyyyyyyyway. I'm awful at these 'about me' things so this is gonna just be a giant rambling stream of facts SORRYNOTSORRY. I joined Pandora waaaaaaay back in like 2011 I think? SO I've been here for 6 years now, HOLY CRAP. FUN FACT: I met Octi through this site, became friends with her, visited her a few times, and then MOVED 6 HOURS AWAY ACROSS 5 STATES TO LIVE WITH HER when her sister moved out of their apartment. RP breeds the best of friendships <3

I really love villains and the 'bad guy' in almost everything I've ever seen. Horror movies are MY FAVORITES. I love to read and write but I don't set aside nearly enough time for either these days. My favorite colors are teal and purple. I have zero shame in my Shadowhunters obsession and live for Malec right now. Once fall hits I pretty much exclusively exist in hoodies and my ugg boots drinking pumpkin spice coffee and burning candles that smell like campfire. I live off of energy drinks and unhealthy amounts of caffeine. I got super into Overwatch this past year and it's the first game I've played with any consistency (see also: total obsession). Besides that, the Bioshock games are the only ones I've ever played through entirely without giving up at some point and never finishing, which is what I've done with literally every single other video game I've ever attempted. And this is probably getting WAY TOO RANDOM so I'm going to cut myself off BYE. (If you want to chat, I'll ramble at you forever on Discord, just hit me up there!)

Roleplay PreferencesWHEN IT COMES TO ME: I'm a fast poster. I almost never owe anything more than a few days, a week at most. At this very moment I'm averaging replies within a day or two of owing them, so if you want speedy RP partners then I'm your girl!

I'm down for group threads as long as there's no post order, or a pretty low (2-3 day maximum) skip policy. I've been in too many dead group threads after weeks of waiting for people, so I try to avoid those now if I can.

I'm open to a lot of different plots so if you have an idea you're not sure I'd go for, ASK! There's a good chance we can make something work unless I feel it's super out of character for my character. Otherwise I'm definitely willing to work to make fun plots happen! I prefer doing threads that have a purpose to them besides a simple meet-and-greet introduction, though as long as it holds the potential for future threads/plotting between the two characters I'm even open to those chance, random encounters. I'm always down for drama and injuries and BAD THINGS™ if you want plots that aren't the happiest I will almost always torture my precious children if presented a decent plot for it.

WHEN IT COMES TO MY RP PARTNERS: Obviously people have real lives and school and work and friends and STUFF, so I don't expect anyone to reply to me as fast as I reply to them! If I don't get a reply for over a month I'll likely check to see if you're still interested or want to drop the thread, but otherwise I don't mind waiting for posts. I do prefer threads to get a reply within a week or two just so things don't drag out across the seasons too long, but again, I'm usually pretty chill about waiting! If I ever have a scenario where I need a thread wrapped up on the faster side I'll definitely discuss it with you prior to starting that it's time-sensitive or important to prioritize or something of that nature!

LimitsTHE LIMIT DOESN'T EXIST.

No but seriously. I don't really have any limits by way of things that make me uncomfortable. I'm bad at writing smut so I prefer to fade-to-black once things hit a certain point if there's anything of that nature going on, but I'm not uncomfortable with it in general if it's a road that makes sense for our characters to go down! Besides that I'm totally fine writing out more serious/dark-natured threads and plots! (And I'm trash so I'm literally always down for torturing my characters if a situations presents itself)

Check out my characters below!

#1 Elle, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  2. Elle

Forum Upkeep Division

Shadowhunters Stan
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    magnus bane
    [ CANON ]: Shadowhunters (tv series) / The Mortal Instruments
    [ AGE ]: 400+
    [ SPECIES ]: Warlock
    [ CURRENT LOCATION ]: Pandora Town
    [ CURRENT THREAD COUNT ]: a lot. #yolo

[ CURRENT SEASON STATUS ]: Open!
    [ WANTED PLOTS//CURRENT GOALS ]: Magnus is doing very well for himself. He continues to run the Hotel Valentino, which was left in his care by The Countess, though he's investing more and more time at Merlin's school as a librarian there. It started out mostly for the wonderful access to numerous magical texts but he's grown quite attached to the people there and Merlin's wonderful intentions behind running it. He has a lot of the luxuries he's used to surrounding himself with again, which he's never been more thankful for after slumming it when he first got here. Magnus finally has a few people from his home world here with him, and he's learning to adjust to a life where some of them lived through things he's yet to experience, things that happened after he was taken to Pandora. Most importantly he has Alec here now, and the two of them are working on rediscovering what their relationship is comprised of within the walls of Pandora.

I would love to see him meet more people in Pandora though, whether it's them coming to him looking for magical help or people he meets through the hotel for various reasons! I'd also like to see him get in over his head a bit more - maybe he gets himself wrapped up in something he didn't plan to while helping someone out, maybe he helps someone out who totally lied to him and he has to fix what he did, things like that!

TL;DR
    • Magnus is part of the Mages Guild now, so can meet people through that.
    • Magnus works at the Schola Praeditos, open for plots with students and/or teachers there.
    • He owns the Hotel Valentino, which is known to cater to plenty of supernatural guests and their strange needs, so he can meet characters through that!
    • He's always looking for new fashions, art for the hotel, etc. So anything of that expressive nature interests him.
    • IDK HONESTLY LET'S HAVE THEM RUN INTO EACH OTHER ON A STREET AND BE INSTANT BFFS i just want Magnus to meet all the people

[​IMG]
    christina wendall
    [ CANON ]: Hemlock Grove
    [ AGE ]: 15 (claiming to be 16)
    [ SPECIES ]: Human (for now)
    [ CURRENT LOCATION ]: Pandora Town
    [ CURRENT THREAD COUNT ]: 2

[ WANTED PLOTS//CURRENT GOALS ]:
    Christina is a writer. And as a writer, she needs to experience the vast array of human emotions and experiences so that she can properly include them all in said writing. That includes love and loss, and, in a world full of strange and magical things, it includes supernatural creatures as well. Once Christina got word that werewolves might be real, she immediately researched how to turn herself into one. Just to experience it. Just to understand. She was pulled into Pandora before successfully completing her task, but little did she know that she was now entering a world with EVEN MORE OPPORTUNITIES to make terrible life-altering decisions! Hurray!

I already have plans to have her turn into a werewolf at the start of Spring, so her entrance and first month of February in Pandora can be full of her last adventures as a regular old human! I'd love to have her stumble upon (or actively look into) some supernatural creatures around Pandora besides that, but also just really go do ALL OF THE THINGS because that's sort of what she's all about. For now she is a part-time student at the college just so she had a place to stay that wasn't the orphanage, lying about her age (only by a few months!) to get by.

TL;DR
    • Too curious in supernatural things for her own good
    • Too curious about EVERYTHING for her own good
    • Is a writer, and pushes herself to experience as much as she can to become a better writer
    • Makes pretty impulsive life choices re: those Life Experiences

[​IMG]
    jem carstairs
    [ CANON ]: The Infernal Devices
    [ AGE ]: 17
    [ SPECIES ]: Human (Nephilim blood)
    [ CURRENT LOCATION ]: Misty Hollow
    [ CURRENT THREAD COUNT ]: none! get this guy some action!

[ WANTED PLOTS//CURRENT GOALS ]:
    Jem is a Shadowhunter, meaning his entire life is dedicated to protecting mundanes (normal humans) from the threats they have no idea even exist, including demons and rogue Downworlders (warlocks, vampires, werewolves, etc.). He's a pretty good fighter, and assuming he has his strength up at the moment he can defend himself and those around him impressively well, given his appearance. Orphaned at the age of 11, Jem was tortured with the injection of a powerful demon-derived drug called yin fen, which his body is now life-threateningly addicted to. Even though the drug use kills him over time, an entire withdraw from it would also kill him. Jem is going to have to find ways to find this drug here in Pandora, or at least come up with a similar drug.

He's from the late 1800s so most modern things in this world are going to be entirely foreign to him. Poor guy's going to have quite the adjustment period. He's also super missing is parabatai (life bonded best friend, essentially) and the girl he was about to confess his love and propose to so, socially he's going to be a bit shaken as well. He always imagined he'd die from his drugs or in battle so the idea of potentially just withering away in a strange world with no one he knows by his side is NOT a pleasant one.

He's going to need a place to stay. And also probably a job so he doesn't starve to death. He plays violin, anyone need a professional violinist for anything? xD

TL;DR
    • needs to figure out this drug problem ASAP (is going to get them through Crowley now, but he'll still have to ask around first, and maybe find a temporary fix? I dunno!)
    • not a fan of demons
    • will definitely sacrifice himself for others since he knows his own life expectancy is pretty short
    • is from the late 1800s so a lot of things here are going to be a STRUGGLE to adjust to, on top of his other issues.

((plotter box code credit to Astira!))

#2 Elle, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  3. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    -nervous hand wringing-

Menolly and Magnus

I thought they had a pretty interesting start to a conversation at the BBQ and thought maybe one day it might be fun to continue it, or some other conversation? XD Menolly's interests include dragons, tiny dragons, aliens, music, learning, magic, random bits of things that are interesting and generally having a good time.

Tanaquil and Magnus

This would probably end up being next season but, new vamp with remnant magical abilities meets a nifty warlock? If nothing else the snark might be super amusing. XD

Raphael Santiago likes this.
  4. Nairne

Nairne Player

Bacon Eater
    Race:
    Weirdo
    Directory:
    link
    Magnus and Ganondorf

So if you want to get in over your head, this is the right guy to get involved with. Ganondorf is currently looking for followers and has created a network of informers. Obviously he's willing to expand that, and has even gone so far to blackmail some people already. So if you want some sketchy deals or just meeting an imposing elf man thing, he is your guy!

Papyrus and Magnus

Yeah well Papyrus is just a happy go lucky skeleton that will befriend everyone and cause unintentional chaos. So he's always a bit of fun to throw him into situations and will cause them himself.

5. Elle

Forum Upkeep Division

Shadowhunters Stan
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Directory:
    link
    @Twist :
    Menolly - Magnus was definitely interested in her for the little bit they got to interact at the bbq! Magnus would love to hear about any of those interests, maybe they can cross paths again at the school (maybe she's at the library looking for books on aliens or dragons or WHO KNOWS WHAT) or they could just run into each other somewhere random around Pandora and pick up where they left off before, either works for me!

Tanaquil - Yessss! Raphael actually already mentioned that he'd bring siring Tanaquil to Magnus's attention sooner rather than later, so we might be able to have this meeting happen this season still if it works for everyone! But if not, they'll definitely be meeting soon enough!

@Nairne :
    Ganondorf - Magnus used to do a lot of freelance warlock work around Pandora and he's slightly more reputable now that he's working through the Mages Guild for a lot of that, but if Ganondorf were to seek him out for something Magnus thinks is innocent that turns into something more/darker that could be fun! Magnus isn't really the type to

Papyrus - I'd love an excuse to interact with Papyrus TBH. If he causes any chaos in/around the hotel Magnus might step in to try and stop it! Or anything really. I'm sure just casually running into a skeleton would be enough to work from if we're desperate lol

Nairne, Raphael Santiago and Twist like this.
  6. Raphael Santiago

Raphael Santiago The Mortal Instruments
    the strongest card in the deck is the ace

Teacher
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    -sneaks into shipper-
    @Magnus Bane @Tanaquil
    So, as I said before, Rapha's gonna text Magnus a day or two after her turning, mostly to make sure he knows about it at all. If you two are cool with it, I'd rather have a meeting (and the thread about said meeting) next season - I'm trying to catch up on threads and another one this season might be a bit much D: - but it can be as close to season change as possible. Let's just say, Raphael wasn't sure if she was ready to visit the city again yet for the first few days, and that's why he didn't bring her around sooner.
    But yes, I am very much down for threading! :3

Magnus Bane and Twist like this.
  7. Nairne

Nairne Player

Bacon Eater
    Race:
    Weirdo
    Directory:
    link
    Magnus/Ganondorf - Alright. I'll have to think of some plot ideas and we can get right to that!

Papyrus/Magnus - The way I've been running my Papyrus threads is all spontaneous so you don't really know what to expect because i don't really either. Conditions help but I can make something work. I figure he's all about exploring town to find friends so that's always a good starting point. If we wanted include others into it, that works for me too

8. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    Magnus and Tanaquil-

Whatever you and Ghost prefer is fine for me. :) I am so excited!

Magnus and Menolly-

I think the library might be a good option for this thread actually, or her classroom at the Schola perhaps? She's going to be doing a good bit of research on things, just to keep up with the magical and supernatural theories on music, as well as learning more Earth stuff in general. And with all of the fire lizards hatching around here she's sure to have a ton of other things to look into as well. Study buddies? :D

9. Elle

Forum Upkeep Division

Shadowhunters Stan
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Directory:
    link
    SORRY I'M THE WORST AND THIS TOOK ME 1000 YEARS TO REPLY TO

@Nairne - For Papyrus, I'm totally down for random, spontaneous things! If he's exploring the town to find friends maybe he wants to check out the hotel to see if anyone might be staying there?

@Twist - We can definitely hold off on Tanaquil until next season, then!
    For Menolly, He can definitely help with 'Earth Stuff', and no one will know the library and where to find things for her research better than him! I'm definitely down for a school 'study buddy' thread! Any dates work best for you?

10. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Elle

Anything that's between October 14th and November 12th is good for me!

11. Magnus Bane

Magnus Bane The Mortal Instruments

High Warlock of Brooklyn
    Race:
    Warlock
    Directory:
    link
    @Twist - I started us a thread here! I just sort of made it super vague so hopefully it work alright, let me know if you need anything changed!

12. DaughterOfTheClayr

-slides in here, raises hand-

Hey, so I read that you were looking for threads, and I'd like to throw @Eve at you, if you'd be up for that. Not only are they soon to be neighbors, but Eve just got a rather magical cat which she's going to need some help with. Not only that she needs all the father/older brother figures. all of them. Also, she has some connections, mainly to Cole, who's a mindreader, and that's always fun. And if you want him to get really in over his head, Arcade and Eve are going to be blackmailed by Cobra into working for themI

(just kinda throwing plots at the wall and seeing what sticks)

13. Elle

Forum Upkeep Division

Shadowhunters Stan
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Directory:
    link
    @DaughterOfTheClayr -- I'm ALWAYS looking for threads, I have a definite Pandora problem there is no helping this addiction xD MAGNUS AND ALEC HAVE A FUN CAT TOO! It's a hell!kitten that Alec rescued when he killed the cat's demon owner, so they have a demon cat that sometimes bursts into flames. I bet the two cats will definitely hit it off xD Magnus would definitely be willing to try and help with a neighbor's cat!

He and Alec are moving in January 1st-ish, so they can definitely have a neighborly meeting any time after that, and do fun cat/neighbor/in over his head with Cobra stuff threads any time after that!

14. DaughterOfTheClayr

Cool! Eve's kitten is a spartoi kitten, grown from the teeth of a saber-toothed tiger. Apart from occasionally flashing skeletal, the kitten can (not that anybody knows it yet) turn into a saber-toothed tiger, is rather more intelligent than normal, and will regenerate if killed. Oh, and it looks like this which is kind of a giveaway for anyone acquainted with cats.

As for a date, I don't really have a preference. Cobra thing is happening sometime in early January, so it depends on if you want it before or during that whole mess.

#14 DaughterOfTheClayr, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  15. Elle

Forum Upkeep Division

Shadowhunters Stan
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Directory:
    link
    @DaughterOfTheClayr - wellllll I mean, how much of a mess is it going to be? Is it something Magnus and Alec would definitely notice happening? Or could they meet and still start to casually know each other while it's going on and just... not know? Or not totally know and just think their neighbors are SUPER WEIRD? idk what all they'll be doing, and if you wanted them to make causal new friends during it all or not, I could work with either!

Magnus has a LOT of mess in his own life in January so i mean at this point he's probably used to it the poor guy

16. Andii

Andii Player

Hiiiii Elle!! Just in case all my characters are here in case you'd like any more information on anything! These are just some ideas I had rolling around. Feel free to throw anything out the window that doesn't work/etc!

Magnus & Egwene: So these two are kind of in the same circles but could have easily never met? Egwene's stormed the guild a few times and speaks to a number of their members on a regular basis. She's recently started private lessons with Merlin to learn his style of magic so I figure there's a higher chance of them running into each other. Maybe she can stop by the library to look at some books but isn't a known student/etc and he could wonder what she was doing there/etc?

Magnus & Jo: Don't know if he's much the type to come to a bar, but I am looking to create a group of kind of "regulars" for Jo's new bar. Would he be the sort to be a regular?

17. DaughterOfTheClayr

It's.... complicated. It's probably going to be more of a background thing, but there will be people coming and going from their house at times, and they'll have some interesting habits, but mostly background.

18. Magnus Bane

Magnus Bane The Mortal Instruments

High Warlock of Brooklyn
    Race:
    Warlock
    Directory:
    link
    I'M TOO LAZY TO SWITCH TO MY OOC ACCOUNT

@Andii -
    Egwene: That sounds like fun! He'd definitely love to help out, and he'd be curious about whatever sort of magic she has that she can learn from others as well - he's been looking into similar things, though not having as much luck with magic he can do alongside his own inherent abilities. I'm sure they'd have plenty to talk about! :)

Jo: Ohhhh, that could be fun! Right now he mostly drinks at home/the hotel that he runs, but I have him moving into a house in the River Street district, maybe he becomes a regular for Jo sometime after the new year since he'll need a new place to go for things like that! (drinking at the hotel bar you work at looks a lot more sad when you don't also LIVE at that hotel xD)

@DaughterOfTheClayr -
    Eve: In that case, we can definitely have a more mundane sort of start to them getting to know each other (KITTY CAT PLAYDATES?!) and stuff as neighbors, and then depending on how things play out with Cobra stuff we can see if roping poor Magnus into anything IN OVER HIS HEAD (which I am totally down for) plays out! (once they find out he's a warlock i don't know if that's something they'd maybe try to use/ask him to help with something, I DUNNO.) Pretty much what all my awful incoherent plot rambling boils down to is that I AM SUPER DOWN FOR MAGNUS ACCIDENTALLY GETTING INVOLVED IN SHADY THINGS IF YOU WANT, and if not they can just be casual cat loving neighbor friends xD

Andii likes this.
  19. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Sounds great! I think whether or not Magnus gets involved depends on how the whole COBRA thing goes, since there's already Cole, Dante, Greed, and possibly Helen Magnus involved (too many Magnuses). Otherwise, I'm perfectly fine with them remaining cat buddies. Do you have a date preference for a first meeting thread?

Magnus Bane likes this.
  20. Andii

Andii Player

@Elle

Perfect! I could easily start the Egwene/Magnus one if you'd like! What dates would be best? And yes, that does sound rather sad when you put it that way! XD I'm totally caught up so I could make a thread for Jo/Magnus at her bar if you'd like!