By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Open Elysium Civil War of Summer Y108

Discussion in 'RP Requests & Plotting' started by Anakin Skywalker, May 29, 2019.

1. In Summary: Anakin Skywalker left a party mess of things by spontaneously declaring free elections and a Bill of Rights for Elysium upon his resignation. This was preempted by his sanctioning of the Green Lantern Corps a while back. However, since part of Elysium's 'regional balance' is that it's always going to have a form of Big Brother government that's its kink in the end, NPC forces will immediately fight back and peaceful democratic space times aren't going to last far into the Summer. War breaks out between the NPC Reactionaries and the Freedom Forces led by Hal Jordan, the usurped first elected GenSec who was believed dead when his ship was ambushed in space.

Timeline of Events

MAY 31st: Elections occur to determine @Anakin Skywalker's successor. ( Relevant Article )
    JUNE 1st: @Hal Jordan is determined to be the first elected by popular vote General Secretary of Elysium.
    JUNE 4th: Hal Jordan's ship is ambushed and destroyed in space, with Jordan thought to be deceased.
    JUNE 4th: Inillossum gives a speech following the "Tragic Event" and declares himself Supreme Secretary. ( Relevant Article )

Forecast of EventsThis is a summary of key dates and events that have yet to be threaded out. The events themselves are only loosely recommended, so that too many people aren't waiting for old threads to wrap up before starting on the next thing!

June 5th - July 31st: Conditions deteriorate rapidly under Supreme Secretary Inilossum. Elysium more Big Brother-y than ever before. General population regrets being complacent. Rebel forces coalesce and rally around @Hal Jordan and other resistance leaders.

August 1st - late August??: SPACE BATTLES. SPPPPAAAAACE. BAATTTTTLEESSS. Where most of the big ones take place, anyway. Rebel forces chip away at Supreme Secretary Inilossum's strongholds throughout the Cosmic Wilderness until he's at last defeated. All hail General Secretary @Hal Jordan (??)

Factions

Supreme Secretary Inilossum (NPC)'s FactionInilossum was a General underneath Secretary Skywalker, who is understood to have served for the Elysium Starfleet for two decades (of Pandora's "fake" post-revamp history). While his true age in unknown, he appears in his thirties, and while he boasts no exceedingly empowering metahuman attributes beyond some preternatural physical strength, he is said to have never bled once throughout all his battles.

Inilossum leads those who believe in the glory days of Old Elysium, before the age of 'enlightened' reforms, where the Alliance government held even more of an iron stranglehold on its territories. These reactionaries will start out controlling 90% of all official Elysium forces, war machines, and territories. OOCly, the plan is for their control will be chipped away (one way or another) by @Hal Jordan's opposing faction, and be ultimately defeated. ICly, they'll appear almost undefeatable at first.

Hal Jordan's FactionThe first freely elected General Secretary who was sabotaged by a covert coup d'etat orchestrated by Inilossum's faction. He is rallying his own forces on Atlas Prime, a city-ship outside of Elysium space. OOCly, the plan is for his Freedom Movement to overthrow Inilossum late in August. ICly, the Freedom Movement seems to begin with the odds heavily stacked against them.

NeutralThe ones who don't have a stake or preference in either of the two Factions, or perhaps they do but have intentions to double/triple/quadruple-cross for their own personal benefit.

How To Get Involved

We know the broad strokes of what's going to happen (for our own sanity), but we don't know the hows and whats, the dramatic moments in between. We're totally here for folks who want to immortalize their names in Elysium history as the heroes and villains on either side. People on the ground, people leading with Hal, people leading with Inilossum even. We needs them. Pls. Give us spies and smugglers. Give us last minute backstabbers. Anybody who wants to be the Arya Stark to Inilossum's Night King, give us a holla.

Also there's gonna be a lotta big dramatic space battles who need people to get stuck in the middle pls.

Also anyone who wants to throw this plot some curveballs with their own ideas, ALSO GIVE A HOLLA. WE'RE SUPER OPEN-MINDED.

Also participate however little (one-off thread instance) or however much you like!! And absolutely feel free to post links to threads you want included in the timeline!!

Note: Elysium citizens who want nothing to do with this plot whatsoever are totally within reason to keep on living their lives and personal plots while all the political drama happens in the background!!

Update 6/6/2019: This has been reorganized into an official plot tracker! B)

Old Updates

#1 Anakin Skywalker, May 29, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2019
  2. Keith Kogane

Keith Kogane Voltron: Legendary Defender

Paladin of Voltron/ Monster hunter
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    I can only give a short answer right now! But I am totally down for shenanigans with my space paladin as everything falls apart xD He'd probably help @Hal Jordan out as he's much more supportive of democracy than big brother style dictatorship. I would suspect he'd immediately draw suspicions of being someone needing containing if everything went into a serious lock down as he'd be determined to allow others to their freedoms and things

I suspect the other members of the Voltron fam would also be down for stuff so Imma tag them @Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane @Pidge @Hunk @Lance McClain

Moh Kohn, Hunk, Yondu Udonta and 5 others like this.
  3. Wulfdaguy

Wulfdaguy Really Confused Dude :/

I love it! As you know Hal is all in for this. From the politics to the space fights. He's already started spending the big bucks when it came to setting up the Corps...not that he's had too much time lol. But him running for Prez and getting kicked on out during his first week would be....literally the best thing ever.

He won't let Anakin down <3

Moh Kohn, Yondu Udonta, Julie and 3 others like this.
  4. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Genetically Altered Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    I would be happy to toss @Lance McClain in to help rebel once the dictatorship gets unbearable, and if @Hal Jordan can promise @Samus Aran that she'll get her bad record in Elysium scrapped, she'll help him out.

Moh Kohn, Yondu Udonta, Julie and 2 others like this.
  5. Yondu Udonta

Yondu Udonta Marvel Universe

Ravager
    Race:
    Centaurian
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Somebody call for a revolution??

[​IMG]

6. Julie

Julie Dead by Daylight

Wolf/Hal Jordan's Assistant GL Corps.
    Race:
    Entity Child
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Julie is ready to be a space horror movie! Jason H2O...is that the space one idunno

7. Ophelia

Ophelia a commie DC fan dreaming of a guy called George

studying stuff
    Race:
    a human
    Supes is there to support his buddy Hal all the way through
    In the big space battles consider him the Captain Marvel to ur Endgame. Bro fiiiiiist

8. ArmoredBacon

ArmoredBacon Player

I love this. And I hate this.

The hate part comes from realizing now I want to re-app Marida when I was going down in number of characters. Damn my inability to manage time! xD

Marida could be easily be a revolutionary and was last wanted anyway.

I'd also consider bringing Shockwave back. As an ancient robotic mastermind, he'd make for the perfect puppeteer to take over the cyborgs if we wanted to go with that angle. He could either be in league with the NPC in perhaps sharing worldviews, or is just puppet-ting him too.

9. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipping Trash
    Community Relations Division

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Sans is just gonna peace out and leave Elysium as things start to get bad but if any of the revolution people want his help for something (likely for tech-related things) they're free to contact him and he'll help... from a safe distance.

Otherwise he's taking (another) impromptu vacation

10. Moh Kohn

Moh Kohn The Star Fraction

Mercenary
    Race:
    Human
    All right comrades, here we go - it's the Big One!!!!

Moh's already been doing light work as the left wing of Elysium's disreputable mercenary milieu, obviously, and will be continuing this once shit hits the fan and the populace begins to react to Inilossum's authoritarian rule. Given that @Hal Jordan is obviously the unity candidate, so to speak, I'd imagine that Kohn's platform (and whoever ends up agreeing with it) will probably end up as the small, if vocal, militant side of the overall resistance.

Obviously, being involved with someone like Moh is explicitly risky, because his strategy will probably be the most overtly overthrow-the-state - underground organising, trying to get strikes going and supplying arms to the bits of Elysium that are up for a little revolutionary self-defence - but if there are characters who tend to more radical outlooks then I hope this provides them an outlet. It could also make for an interesting contrast to Hal's platform, and the interactions between individuals from different camps could be fun to play out!

#10 Moh Kohn, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  11. Kathryn Janeway

Kathryn Janeway Star Trek

Starfleet Captain
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    So, I doubt Janeway would just ignore something like a civil war, especially when the new found liberty and well being of others is at risk! If she's accepted into Starfleet (in whatever capacity) then she will likely follow whatever orders are given by whoever is in charge. Likely, this would be our big bad, so misgivings would be more than likely. It would give a good opportunity for character conflict (as well as the obvious one), so I'm down for it ^^

Siri, Moh Kohn and Keith Kogane like this.
  12. Wulfdaguy

Wulfdaguy Really Confused Dude :/

OKAY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ITS THE HOUR WE"VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

Inilossum on the 4th of June will be full on coup'ing Hals spot before the man can really ever take his seat as Gen Sec. This will involve Hal's ship getting blown to bits and they'll claim it was terrorists or pirates...or both? Either way, it will help Inillossum secure his position and take over as Gen Sec.

I'll be putting this as a one-shot up at some point. Mostly the Hal getting fired upon stuff. After that, it should be expected that Inilossum will do his whole big brother stuff and Hal will be rescued and taken to Atlas Prime (Place I made a long while ago but never used.) which will begin to basically be rebel HQ for the most of this.

Between the June 8th - July 31st, Hal will be mostly there and planetside trying to get people to side with him and all around just mobilizing all green lantern elements as things in Elysium start to get real tyrannical. Generally, he's going to let it be known to those who seek to rebel that Atlas Prime, a giant city-ship outside of Elysium space is where they should meet if they wish to be apart of the Freedom Movement.

For now, we'll start with that stuff since it's the initial start of this plot ilu all <3

13. Siri

Siri je suis loser
    Application Division

and here's ur fascist full ham speech, y'all

IF THERE ARE ANY DETAILS THAT NEED TWEAKING JUST LMK

EDIT: also this is inilossum skfjdsl
    [​IMG]
    i'm told that he looks like a cross between hux and chris evans, which means @Steve Rogers is gonna get mistaken for him sometimes whenever he shows up on the moon

sry steve

#13 Siri, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  14. Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan DC Universe
    The Only and Hottest Lantern You'll Ever Need

GL Corps Leader
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Alrighty!

So who's cool with me making threads for their characters on Atlas Prime? So we can get this rolling and then the rest of the rebels can begin interacting with one another :)

#14 Hal Jordan, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  15. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

If Hal is inviting people to show up there, then you can tag Samus and Lance.

16. Yondu Udonta

Yondu Udonta Marvel Universe

Ravager
    Race:
    Centaurian
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    I've re-apped this fine fellow, so I'm ready :)

17. Keith Kogane

Keith Kogane Voltron: Legendary Defender

Paladin of Voltron/ Monster hunter
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Also can tag Keith and he'll show up there and if you want me to start any threads let me know and I can see what I can do

18. Moh Kohn

Mercenary
    Race:
    Human
    @Hal Jordan tag me in my don, Moh should have made himself known as the spokesperson of his little group fairly quick so he's game for an Atlas Prime meetup!

19. Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan DC Universe
    The Only and Hottest Lantern You'll Ever Need

GL Corps Leader
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    YALL!!

Hals made a town hall sorta thing on Atlas Prime for all the rebels/future rebels and their sympathizers. Come in and voice your thoughts and lets get this Rebellion on the road. tell me if its trash btw ive never done a thing like this

http://pandorarp.com/threads/rebels-unite.51128/

Yondu Udonta likes this.
  20. Moh Kohn

Mercenary
    Race:
    Human
    Hi pals, I'm here to pitch a sort of minor ongoing sub-plot to the main plot of this revolt!

While Moh himself has already got a role, there's another thing I was thinking about; unbeknown to him, his gun carries within it a sentient AI (the "Watchmaker" AI, as it's called in his canon) which could play a very interesting role in the fight to take back Elysium. To summarise, the Watchmaker AI was originally a set of financial programmes created by Moh's father to covertly move resources and individuals around should the war they were fighting at the time go wrong, so that over a long period it would create the necessary conditions for a future uprising to have the best chance of success - the infamous "Black Plan" of the book.

Well, while this world isn't the one it comes from, why wouldn't the AI decide to do the exact same thing here?

My basic proposal then is this - the AI activates fully, and begins to run its programmes to shift resources into the hands of our little alliance via various hacker-y and super-careful-not-to-get-caught methods. It'll be traceable, kind of, but only if you knew what you were looking for. Perhaps this could form a sub-plot, where members of the resistance who are good at that sort of thing begin wondering who this mysterious benefactor is and try following the trail?

Kathryn Janeway and Yondu Udonta like this.