By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Escapades of boredom

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Clint Barton, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Clint Barton

Clint Barton Marvel Universe

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Date- 25th April, year 7
    Tags- @Peter Parker
    After yesterdays wheelchair escapades he knew the nurses were as keen to get rid of him as he was to get out of the hospital however the doctors wanted to keep him in at least another day just to run a couple more tests and so that led to Clint being under a rather severe watch of nurses, bored in his room with nothing to do. He felt like a naughty school child, when all he'd done the day before was have a little bit of fun to kill time and boredom.

He also knew he could likely escape the room if he really desired but he didn't fancy the lecture he would receive when he did finally return to his room, if the day before's lecture was anything to go by it would make him feel like his ears were bleeding. So he sat on his bed, surrounded by bits of paper torn from a notepad that he had spent the last few hours sketching new designs for new arrows into, but even as he had spent time doing this the time seemed to pass so slowly and the boredom gnawed at him.

His bright, blue gaze went to the door as he considered making an escape once again, gently pressing his abdomen around where he had been savagely stabbed and wondering if exploring the vent system would be to much for the wound. Idly he wished he had asked Fitz to bring his phone charger so he could charge his lifeless phone that he knew was in his rucksack's (disguised quiver) front pocket because then at least he could get a message out to a few people so that they would come save him from his boredom after all he doubted Fitz had even thought of that what with his busy schedule. Clint's gaze dropped to his sketches again, but his hand still continued to gently press around his wound as he still wondered about exploring the vents of the hospital.

Peter Parker likes this.
  2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Marvel Universe

CAN YOU BLAME ME
    for just being alive

He didn’t know the details. But he certainly wanted to know the details, which was only a small part of why Peter was strolling through the hospital, awkwardly making his way to the front desk on one of the floors so that he could ask where a certain Clint Barton was recovering. It didn’t take long to find him either because apparently he’d made one hell of an impression, which wasn’t really much of a surprise. Mr. Barton had a way of making an impression. A good one, in Peter’s eyes, but maybe an overwhelming one in the eyes of others.

Especially when he was stuck in a hospital and hopelessly bored. And probably chargerless, given the fact that he hadn’t reached out.

Peter wasn’t an idiot, after all.

Three knocks against the doorframe as he stepped into the room, there was a shit eating grin on Peter’s face. “Hey, Mr. Barton, it’s just me, your one and only savior,” he pointed out casually as he stuck his hand into the pocket of his hoodie and pulled out a phone charger that would have been very familiar-looking to the other man. Peter couldn’t help but dangle it enticingly in the air.

Clint Barton likes this.
  3. Clint Barton

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    The usually alert Avenger was so lost in his thoughts that the rapping against the door frame managed to startle him, causing him to accidentally press to hard against his wound as he jumped and sending a wave of pain washing through him even as at the same time he half spun to face the door with wary eyes and a grimace washing over his face from the pain. When they settled on the dark, haired teenager his form instantly relaxed, though he felt like scowling in response to that big ass grin the kid was wearing on his face as well as the words that Peter was saying to him. The scowl even started forming until he saw what Peter was pulling from his pocket and with that Clint was scrambling from his bed, his bright, blue eyes a little wide while a grin was replacing the half formed scowl.

He was moving lightening quick towards the kid saying brightly"Oh my god Peter, you legend! You really are my saviour, you'd be going up to like god type saviour if you had somehow snuck pizza in past the vulture nurses too." On reaching Peter he was reaching for the charger continuing'"How did you even know I needed it? How did you even manage to get it? You didn't break one of the windows of my flat to get it right? Fitz will kill me if we can't get our security deposit back..." Even as he spoke his gaze was going from the charger to the teenager and he took him in, checking to see he was in one piece before asking"How are you by the way? Keeping out of trouble?" He teased the young man lightly knowing full well that it was very unlikely that the kid who was secretly Spiderman was keeping out of trouble.

Peter Parker likes this.
  4. Peter Parker

“Listen,” he started, that grin having eased a bit, lending to a crooked little smile as he let Clint take the charger he was so eagerly reaching for. “I’m not gonna say I was blowing up your phone or anything, but also, don’t be surprised if you have like eight texts from me when you turn that thing on.” Okay, so he’d been bored and admittedly very concerned for Clint.

“I didn’t break in, I just ... I mean, nothing broke,” he suddenly clarified as he silently reconsidered his own words. “I just webbed the windows and pulled until one of them opened. You should double check your latches.” It had honestly been really easy, which was probably a little bit on the alarming side when it could’ve been anybody slipping inside.

Nope. Just Peter.

“... And that story probably doesn’t give you much faith that I haven’t been getting into trouble, does it?”

Clint Barton likes this.
  5. Clint Barton

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    He grinned widely at Peter as the boy answered him, telling him how he'd known he needed the charger and Clint half wondered how the kid had known he was stuck in hospital in the first place, but he chose not to ask this instead choosing to drop his gaze to the charger, as Peter explained how he'd snuck into the apartment he shared with Fitz. It didn't make him feel particularly safe about his home considering he knew another creature that could climb like Spiderman, who had already tried to kidnap him once. Peter was mischievously responding to his words about keeping out of trouble now and Clint's eyes went back to the boy, he seemed in one piece so he was not entirely concerned, so eyeing Peter a moment longer he spoke"Sit on the chair just there by the bed, you can tell me what you've been up to...Don't leave out any details either, god only knows how much I need someone to talk to after being stuck in here with only nurse jailors to talk too..." He was shifting towards the weird table beside his hospital bed where his belongings were dumped, casually he found the plug in the wall and jammed the charger in, before bending towards his bag.

He winced as the bending pulled on his stitches, straightening to hold his side he sighed before crouching instead so as to access the fake rucksack on the floor, pulling his cell phone from the front pocket he straightened carefully. Then reaching for the charger he plugged the device in and watched as a charging battery suddenly appeared on the black screen moments later. That done he turned to Peter once again as he moved towards the bed, shifting to sit on it with his legs hanging over the edge so he faced the teenager as he spoke"Well, come on... Give me all the juicy gossip!" He knew the kid likely wanted to ask him questions that he didn't know if he wanted to answer, after all the main thing Clint wanted to do was protect the kid and letting him see anything but this lighthearted side to himself was part of the archers way of protecting the both of them.

Peter Parker likes this.
  6. Peter Parker

CAN YOU BLAME ME
    for just being alive

Watching Clint move around was a little painful, and it was taking every bit of self control he had not to ask him if he needed help or offer to do that stuff himself. He probably didn't want the sympathy, he'd probably had more than enough of it stuck in this bed. Speaking of which ...

"Whoa, whoa, we're not here to talk about me. Besides, life's been pretty boring lately." He paused, giving Clint a pointed look. "For me, at least. I mean, what happened?"

Sometimes it was easy to forget that things like this could happen to people like Clint and people like Tony. They weren't invincible just because they were amazing and had been doing this forever. They could mess up. They could get hurt. They could end up stuck in a hospital bed, too.

Clint Barton likes this.
  7. Clint Barton

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    He could almost feel the teenagers eyes burning into his flesh, the kid was watching him like a hawk and Clint felt almost awkward, it was supposed to be the other way round, him watching over the kid like his namesake. Peter's response to his words asking after him disappointed him a little, but was unsurprising given the circumstances and yet Clint raised a blonde eyebrow as the kid said his life had been pretty boring recently. He did not believe that for a second, arms folding over his chest as he sat there eyeing the kid closely, with his bright blue eyes but as the kid was asking him what happened in an exuberant exclamation Clint's stern look softened a little.

It only made sense the kid would want to know, given he was stuck in hospital and given the kid was a young hero, though knowing this he knew he had to be careful how much he said else Peter might try to be a hero like Natasha had. He could not let the kid get hurt because of him as Natasha had, he could not let him get any ideas to go after Ward himself so instead he played up to his fun loving personality, the soft smile became wicked as he responded cheerily"Oh you know just fighting bad guys and being dumb... Let a bad guy get too close and got shanked.. Not my best day, but not my worst by a long shot either...."

Frantically he searched for a way to direct the conversation onto another topic to prevent Peter asking deeper questions even as he went on in an idle voice"I'm sure its not as interesting a tale as your pretty 'boring' life.... Come on Peter, I know something must of happened, something always happens to our web slinging hero...." The blonde unfolded his arms and made air quotes as he mentioned the boring part of Peter's sentence, the wicked grin he'd plastered on gaining an amused twitch to it, as once again Hawkeye tried to hide his inner pains and guilt behind his smiling, joking mask.

Peter Parker likes this.
  8. Peter Parker

CAN YOU BLAME ME
    for just being alive

Man, he really was not giving him anything useful here, was he? Peter got it. Honestly, in his position, he wouldn't have dropped all the juicy details either because he wouldn't want people worrying about him, but that didn't make it any less frustrating that the guy wouldn't talk to him, not really. All Peter ever wanted to do was help. No matter who it was, he wanted to help. But when it was someone he cared about? God, he wanted to help.

But for that moment, he decided to give up, slumping his shoulders just a little bit and giving Clint a knowing look, the kind that meant he clearly knew there was more to the story. He just wasn't gonna push him for it.

Yet.

"You'd think," he murmured, a crooked smile on his face that he admittedly had to ease into for a moment. "Nah, the most exciting thing that's happened lately is Darth Vader taking me out for pizza and then texting me to scold me for being out after curfew."

He paused. Winced.

"Okay, so yeah, I've been out after that whole city-wide curfew once or twice." More than once or twice.

Clint Barton likes this.
  9. Clint Barton

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    He hated that kicked puppy look Peter was now giving him at his refusal to give him any information, he knew the look was likely meant to show him the kid was still suspicious despite his joking response with few details, but to Clint the look was not that. He briefly shifted his gaze aside in an attempt to hide the guilt which threatened to climb out of his eyes and onto his face. But then the kid was speaking, responding to his words referring to hat he'd been up to, which had Clint's blue gaze flashing up to fix upon Peter's face as he told his tale. His gaze widened slightly at the mention of Darth Vader and then a blonde eyebrow rose in response to the words about going out after curfew. The kid looked sheepish as he spoke of that which Clint supposed was a good thing, the curfew was there for a reason but then they were vigilantes and breaking curfew was all a part of their sheek.

All the same he was not sure whether he approved of Peter going out after curfew without some sort of back up. Plus by the sounds of it whatever had happened when he roamed past the curfew had drawn the attention of Darth Vader which suggested that the kid may of been caught or that a famous Star Wars villain knew that the kid under Spiderman's mask was Peter. Unsure where to start his bright, blue gaze ran over Peter's face as he spoke"Wait... When you say Darth Vader, do you mean the dude who walks round breathing through a snorkel from Star Wars? I don't know whether to be proud or horrified that you've be-friended a super villain from Star Wars... I mean couldn't you have found his son instead? Then I wouldn't have to worry that if you pissed him off you'd end up on the wrong end of a force choke."

Bemusement glinted in his bright, blue gaze despite his words and his tone was more teasing than lecturing but then his gaze narrowed, his face became a little more serious as he went on"What were you doing out past curfew Peter? Whatever it was must have been big if Darth Vader found out about it... Which brings me onto point number two, please tell me you haven't exposed your real identity to a super villain."

Peter Parker likes this.
  10. Peter Parker

CAN YOU BLAME ME
    for just being alive

Okay, so maybe the best way of getting Clint to talk about himself wasn’t to bring up the classic big bad from Star Wars, specifically in the context of befriending him and eating pizza with him. Maybe Peter was totally going about this the wrong way, but once it was out there, there was no taking it back.

As the unmistakable air of judgement and inevitable scolding rose around him, Peter felt himself freeze as though he were silently rethinking everything he had just said. Yeah, he had to do that a lot. Sometimes words just sort of came out before his brain could actually process what was happening, and that led to either hilarious things or terrible things. Or a little of both.

This was probably more along the lines of not so hilarious.

“Wait, wait, did I say … supervillain Darth Vader? I meant the other one. The one who looks like him and sounds like him and could definitely learn to lighten up a little but also bails teens out of class and buys them pizza,” he told him matter of factly.

Clint Barton likes this.
  11. Clint Barton

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    The expression on Peter's face suggested a man who thought he'd said to much and was now desperately seeking a way to cover it up. Clint said nothing further after his final statement, just waited with an expectant look upon his face, waiting for the young man to put forwards his explanation for the blonde archer to decode. Though he was bemused by the kids current predicament he was also concerned for him, which was also an entertaining thought that he could be more concerned about the kid be-friending the wrong sort than about his own health and well being. He knew this concern and amusement towards Peter was a mistake, he knew he should be pushing him away before the association with Hawkeye led to him being hurt like Natasha with Ward or when Bobbi had almost been injured by Venom. But it was never that simple or that easy to push someone away, especially if they needed someone to keep an eye on them as Peter clearly did.

As the boy finally started to speak, Clint could feel his blonde eyebrows raising, he would not be surprised if they vanished into his hairline and despite the seriousness of the situation he could feel amusement growing within him at the words the kid was spewing. As he finished the archer snorted with amusement as he responded"Really kid? You should stop talking before you dig yourself into that grave yourself..." Chuckling slightly before wincing as the movement pulled on where his stitches were and instantly the humour died. His bright, blue gaze skimmed over Peter's face as he now spoke again"That whole spiel you made up suggests to me that you did reveal who Spiderman is to him and you're supposed to be one of the smart ones..."

He wanted to bury his head in his hands, but instead he simply sighed and reached out to put a hand on Peter's shoulder so as to get his full attention, ignoring how the movement made his side ache while saying in a serious, yet low voice"You know you have a secret identity for a reason right? It's there to protect you, your friends, your family... You shouldn't be informing anyone of your secret, least of all super villains who could choke you to death with only their pinkie finger.." He hated being that person, the one offering lecturers and yet at the same time he wondered if the lecture would put a wedge between them, to make it easier for Clint to protect the kid by pushing him away.

Peter Parker likes this.
  12. Peter Parker

CAN YOU BLAME ME
    for just being alive

This was rolling right into a lecture, Peter could tell. The way Clint was looking at him, even if it was still with a gentle sort of disappointment, it was definitely there in some way, shape, or form, and that was because, well ... because Peter was more than just a little dumb sometimes. Which was hilarious because of how smart he was. Apparently Mr. Barton thought so, too, just with much less humor. He mostly just thought it was rich.

When he felt Clint's hand on his shoulder, he knew this was getting really serious, and Peter frowned. "I didn't really mean for it to happen, he just sort of ... figured it out," he muttered, which probably made him sound totally incompetent. To be perfectly honest, Peter wasn't sure he could even tell him how Vader had figured it out. The fact that he was Vader was probably reason enough, though. The Force could help you do all kinds of things.

Not that he suspected Vader had abused his way into his secret identity. It wasn't like that.

"I'm being careful. I promise," he said, and there was a split second of hesitation before he smirked. He couldn't really go five seconds without a quip, could he? "Besides, I'm not the one in the hospital bed here."

Clint Barton likes this.
  13. Clint Barton

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    The moment he touched the boy's shoulder the humour faded, a serious glint came to the kid's eyes and he frowned. Clint was glad that for the moment it seemed like the kid was listening and as he responded Clint nodded slightly but he didn't want excuses, he wanted some sign that the kid was taking in what he was saying, that he'd try to prevent it happening again. So he kept his bright, blue gaze fixed on the teenagers face, waiting as patiently as he could, as years as an Avenger had taught him to be and finally it came, the promise that he would be careful. Clint offered the kids shoulder a squeeze before releasing it saying"Good, because I might not always be around to keep an eye on you kid... Although there is nothing I can really do about the Vader situation except tell you to not piss him off, as well as call for support if anything does happen... Remember who the man is at all times because he certainly won't forget who you are."

With that he was releasing his grip on the boy's shoulder, the position it had put him in had not been comfortable and he felt he'd done more damage than good leaning over like that. But then the kid was quipping at him even as he resisted wincing in pain, instead of wincing he made himself snort with amusement, trying to cover up his pain and then he was responding teasingly"Now you sound like a mother hen, that's my role you know..." Playfully he grabbed his pillow from the hospital bed and tried to hit Peter lightly with it, a glint of mischief in his eyes as he forced down the pain his actions gave him. It was another avoidance tactic, in an attempt to prevent going into the deeper, more painful stuff and yet he knew Peter was likely going to see right through it, so he wondered why he was even bothering but in that moment he realised he'd prefer to try than not.

Peter Parker likes this.
  14. Peter Parker

CAN YOU BLAME ME
    for just being alive

What if someone previously bad could be good? Didn't Clint know the story of Anakin Skywalker? He hadn't always been like that, and Peter was seeing way more Anakin than Vader in the guy. It probably helped that he literally didn't have the helmet or anything anymore, he just looked like a guy, not a single ugly burn on him. Maybe Clint would understand if he met him.

Or maybe Peter was just way too optimistic, maybe he just wanted to see the good in people. Everyone had a little bad in them, right?

Granted, Anakin's bad had led him to literally murdering a bunch of children, which ... well, Peter didn't really think of that stuff and now that he was, he felt a little bad for trying to defend the guy at all. God, this was all really confusing.

So he focused less on Vader and more on Clint and the pillow he was trying to whack him with, though he didn't seem to have a ton of strength to do that because Peter easily hopped backward with a grin to avoid it. "Nice try. So, I've been super forthcoming, huh ... ?" he murmured, eyeing Clint almost expectantly as though he definitely deserved the same in return.

Clint Barton likes this.
  15. Clint Barton

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    He didn't know what was going on in the kid's head except that he it looked like he was going to give himself a headache from thinking to hard. He had hoped he'd land the playful hit with the pillow considering the boy looked lost in thought but his attempt was halfhearted considering the pain and with the kids spider senses he easily hopped backwards out of range. Clint was glad to see the grin back on the kid's face though, perhaps they could return to their usual routine of joking around with the archer getting Peter to do crazy things but almost as soon as the hope of returning to usual appeared it was dashed by the kid's next words. He knew as soon as they slipped out what the kid wanted, his own grin faltered slightly as he snorted in response saying"To a point you've been forthcoming though you still haven't told me what you were doing out beyond curfew that Darth Vader noticed...."

Casually he brought the pillow back, smoothing it with his hands before putting it innocently beside him his face becoming thoughtful as he spoke"I was shanked Peter, there's nothing more to it... No exciting tale to tell..." His gaze dropped from the boy's face as he went on"I know you're worried kid, but this isn't you're problem... You don't need to worry about it, you have more important things to focus on... Like college, your own opponents and avoiding befriending more super villains."The last part was said with a teasing edge, referring to the boy's words about Vader again and his bright blue, gaze fixed on the kids face again, trying to see if the kid was going to accept this or push against him for further knowledge.

Peter Parker likes this.
  16. Peter Parker

CAN YOU BLAME ME
    for just being alive

"Listen, I mean, when people are in trouble ... duty calls, right?" Since when did superheroes follow curfews? There was a cheeky look on Peter's face, but it dimmed a bit as he listened to Clint's explanation, probably simplifying it all way down as he assured the kid that he didn't need to worry and should have been focusing on his own problems. Like school. His own enemies. Not that had many of those, but that was what they wanted, right? Because it wasn't like Clint was wrong. When you were doing this job, it had the potential to place the people you love in danger.

Folding his arms over his chest, Peter didn't exactly look totally satisfied with that answer. He was a stubborn kid, but there was just something so genuine about the next words that came out of his mouth. "I just wanna help, Mr. Barton. I wanna ... I wanna be like you guys, I wanna help everyone. And you, too, you're included in that," he added with a bit of a helpless shrug of the shoulders.

That was what it was all about, right? That was why they did what they did, right? Because when you could do the things that they could do, and you just didn't, well ... people got hurt and there was a certain responsibility that they felt they had to take for that.

Clint Barton likes this.
  17. Clint Barton

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    The kid's response to his words about beating the curfew so he could help people made a proud glint enter the archers eyes, Peter had his heart in the right place, there was no denying that and that was why he had to look out for the kid, even as he knew he also had to push him away, to protect him before he got hurt because of him. The cheeky glint in the other guys eyes faded to a more serious look as he listened to him and Clint hated that he was taking away the kids happiness, but he could not allow him to get involved in this, it was to dangerous, those he'd dragged into it were already getting hurt, he needed to fix it himself and keep others safe, even if it meant he might possibly die.

The way Peter folded his arms over his chest reminded him of his flatmate, but the expression on his face told Clint the kid was not going to give up, not yet and he mentally prepared himself for an argument. Only what came out of the kids was something that sounded so genuinely concerned, a plea to let him help and it made Clint's heart hurt to know the kid held him so highly, that the kid wanted to help him of all people when there were all the other Avengers out there to choose from.

His bright, blue eyes ran over the kids face and then he gained the softest of smiles as he spoke softly"You are a good man Peter, you think of others above yourself, you want to protect and help everyone good or bad... I have no doubt in the man you are going to become and I am proud of you... As well as honoured by the fact that someone as good as you wants to help the mess that is me..."

He meant the words he spoke, the sincerity was there in his voice, in his eyes and yet he was not done yet. A sigh escaped him, a hand ran over his face as he allowed himself a moment to pause before continuing on "I know you want to help and ordinarily I would let you, but this is my mess and I am the one who needs to fix it... Do you understand? This is my problem, my thing to focus on like you with school and your opponents...."

Peter Parker likes this.
  18. Peter Parker

CAN YOU BLAME ME
    for just being alive

Clint's words, the high praises he apparently had for him, should have been more of a comfort than they were, but he knew exactly where they were going before they got there. It wasn't the first time he'd been giving the 'friendly guardian' lecture, the gentle one that started with praise and compliments and ended with 'but also don't do that'. And that was basically what Clint ended up saying. You’re great, but also don’t do that.

“But--” It was hard to imagine a life where he knew someone was in danger and just didn’t do something about it. That wasn’t what Spider-Man was about, it was the opposite of what he was about, and if something every happened to Clint, something really bad, he was gonna think back to this moment and beat himself up for not trying just a little bit harder.

In that moment, though, he felt his shoulders slump a little bit in defeat.

“... Okay. Fine.”

Clint Barton likes this.
  19. Clint Barton

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    The kid had an argumentative look on his face, a knowing argumentative look that suggested he knew exactly what Clint was doing and yet the kid cut off pretty much as soon as he had begun. He was listening to him, even if he had a stubborn look on his face that told Clint the kid did not like or agree with what he was saying, yet he understood. The blonde archer could tell he understood and he did not dare take, his bright blue gaze from the boy's face, he had to make him stay out of this. He had to make him see that this was not a mission for him, somehow he had to keep him away, Clint knew he was bad news, everyone around him kept getting hurt because of him and he could not let that happen to the kid. But as always he felt guilty, putting that unhappy face on one who should be running around with a smile on his face even as he got what he wanted when the kid's posture slumped. A look of defeat was on Peter's face as he responded, finally agreeing and Clint allowed himself to relax a little. Idly he shifted on the bed saying softly"Good. Very good."

The mood in the room had been killed though and he knew it was his fault, desperately he grasped at straws starting lightly"Did you know that this hospital has a whole room dedicated to wheelchairs?" His bright, blue eyes gained a sparkle to them now as he went on, hoping an entertaining story would pull Peter out from the dark cloud he'd found himself under as he went on"I found the room the other day, I was just you know.... Investigating rooms to see if there was anything interesting and voila upon acquiring entry to said room discovered the wheelchair horde." He paused then, a bemused smirk on his face as he added nonchalantly"And of course I had to take one for a test drive, make sure there was no way it was going to crash or break when someone who truly needed it used it."

The story was light and engaging, drawing the dark cloud away but not making it vanish completely, Clint knew the cloud would likely never vanish in its entirety but at least this way they were no longer fixing on something that could get the kid hurt. But he knew as visiting hours drew closer to an end, that Peter though Peter had accepted his near order for now, he likely would not accept it later and so he knew he would have to make a choice at some point. Stuck injured in hospital however, was not the time to make that choice so he was happy to find a balance with an amusing story and hide the truth away, beneath this facade he had up. For the moment, he was able to enjoy the boy's presence and friendship, so even with the doubt that clung to him he was able to gain a tint of realness to his smile, a happiness to his voice.

Peter Parker likes this.