HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Escapades of boredom

Discussion in 'Pandora Hospital' started by Clint Barton, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Clint Barton

Clint Barton Marvel Universe

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Date- 25th April, year 7
    Tags- @Peter Parker
    After yesterdays wheelchair escapades he knew the nurses were as keen to get rid of him as he was to get out of the hospital however the doctors wanted to keep him in at least another day just to run a couple more tests and so that led to Clint being under a rather severe watch of nurses, bored in his room with nothing to do. He felt like a naughty school child, when all he'd done the day before was have a little bit of fun to kill time and boredom.

He also knew he could likely escape the room if he really desired but he didn't fancy the lecture he would receive when he did finally return to his room, if the day before's lecture was anything to go by it would make him feel like his ears were bleeding. So he sat on his bed, surrounded by bits of paper torn from a notepad that he had spent the last few hours sketching new designs for new arrows into, but even as he had spent time doing this the time seemed to pass so slowly and the boredom gnawed at him.

His bright, blue gaze went to the door as he considered making an escape once again, gently pressing his abdomen around where he had been savagely stabbed and wondering if exploring the vent system would be to much for the wound. Idly he wished he had asked Fitz to bring his phone charger so he could charge his lifeless phone that he knew was in his rucksack's (disguised quiver) front pocket because then at least he could get a message out to a few people so that they would come save him from his boredom after all he doubted Fitz had even thought of that what with his busy schedule. Clint's gaze dropped to his sketches again, but his hand still continued to gently press around his wound as he still wondered about exploring the vents of the hospital.

Peter Parker likes this.
  2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Marvel Universe

CAN YOU BLAME ME
    for just being alive

He didn’t know the details. But he certainly wanted to know the details, which was only a small part of why Peter was strolling through the hospital, awkwardly making his way to the front desk on one of the floors so that he could ask where a certain Clint Barton was recovering. It didn’t take long to find him either because apparently he’d made one hell of an impression, which wasn’t really much of a surprise. Mr. Barton had a way of making an impression. A good one, in Peter’s eyes, but maybe an overwhelming one in the eyes of others.

Especially when he was stuck in a hospital and hopelessly bored. And probably chargerless, given the fact that he hadn’t reached out.

Peter wasn’t an idiot, after all.

Three knocks against the doorframe as he stepped into the room, there was a shit eating grin on Peter’s face. “Hey, Mr. Barton, it’s just me, your one and only savior,” he pointed out casually as he stuck his hand into the pocket of his hoodie and pulled out a phone charger that would have been very familiar-looking to the other man. Peter couldn’t help but dangle it enticingly in the air.

Clint Barton likes this.
  3. Clint Barton

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    The usually alert Avenger was so lost in his thoughts that the rapping against the door frame managed to startle him, causing him to accidentally press to hard against his wound as he jumped and sending a wave of pain washing through him even as at the same time he half spun to face the door with wary eyes and a grimace washing over his face from the pain. When they settled on the dark, haired teenager his form instantly relaxed, though he felt like scowling in response to that big ass grin the kid was wearing on his face as well as the words that Peter was saying to him. The scowl even started forming until he saw what Peter was pulling from his pocket and with that Clint was scrambling from his bed, his bright, blue eyes a little wide while a grin was replacing the half formed scowl.

He was moving lightening quick towards the kid saying brightly"Oh my god Peter, you legend! You really are my saviour, you'd be going up to like god type saviour if you had somehow snuck pizza in past the vulture nurses too." On reaching Peter he was reaching for the charger continuing'"How did you even know I needed it? How did you even manage to get it? You didn't break one of the windows of my flat to get it right? Fitz will kill me if we can't get our security deposit back..." Even as he spoke his gaze was going from the charger to the teenager and he took him in, checking to see he was in one piece before asking"How are you by the way? Keeping out of trouble?" He teased the young man lightly knowing full well that it was very unlikely that the kid who was secretly Spiderman was keeping out of trouble.

Peter Parker likes this.
  4. Peter Parker

“Listen,” he started, that grin having eased a bit, lending to a crooked little smile as he let Clint take the charger he was so eagerly reaching for. “I’m not gonna say I was blowing up your phone or anything, but also, don’t be surprised if you have like eight texts from me when you turn that thing on.” Okay, so he’d been bored and admittedly very concerned for Clint.

“I didn’t break in, I just ... I mean, nothing broke,” he suddenly clarified as he silently reconsidered his own words. “I just webbed the windows and pulled until one of them opened. You should double check your latches.” It had honestly been really easy, which was probably a little bit on the alarming side when it could’ve been anybody slipping inside.

Nope. Just Peter.

“... And that story probably doesn’t give you much faith that I haven’t been getting into trouble, does it?”

Clint Barton likes this.
  5. Clint Barton

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    He grinned widely at Peter as the boy answered him, telling him how he'd known he needed the charger and Clint half wondered how the kid had known he was stuck in hospital in the first place, but he chose not to ask this instead choosing to drop his gaze to the charger, as Peter explained how he'd snuck into the apartment he shared with Fitz. It didn't make him feel particularly safe about his home considering he knew another creature that could climb like Spiderman, who had already tried to kidnap him once. Peter was mischievously responding to his words about keeping out of trouble now and Clint's eyes went back to the boy, he seemed in one piece so he was not entirely concerned, so eyeing Peter a moment longer he spoke"Sit on the chair just there by the bed, you can tell me what you've been up to...Don't leave out any details either, god only knows how much I need someone to talk to after being stuck in here with only nurse jailors to talk too..." He was shifting towards the weird table beside his hospital bed where his belongings were dumped, casually he found the plug in the wall and jammed the charger in, before bending towards his bag.

He winced as the bending pulled on his stitches, straightening to hold his side he sighed before crouching instead so as to access the fake rucksack on the floor, pulling his cell phone from the front pocket he straightened carefully. Then reaching for the charger he plugged the device in and watched as a charging battery suddenly appeared on the black screen moments later. That done he turned to Peter once again as he moved towards the bed, shifting to sit on it with his legs hanging over the edge so he faced the teenager as he spoke"Well, come on... Give me all the juicy gossip!" He knew the kid likely wanted to ask him questions that he didn't know if he wanted to answer, after all the main thing Clint wanted to do was protect the kid and letting him see anything but this lighthearted side to himself was part of the archers way of protecting the both of them.

Peter Parker likes this.
  6. Peter Parker

CAN YOU BLAME ME
    for just being alive

Watching Clint move around was a little painful, and it was taking every bit of self control he had not to ask him if he needed help or offer to do that stuff himself. He probably didn't want the sympathy, he'd probably had more than enough of it stuck in this bed. Speaking of which ...

"Whoa, whoa, we're not here to talk about me. Besides, life's been pretty boring lately." He paused, giving Clint a pointed look. "For me, at least. I mean, what happened?"

Sometimes it was easy to forget that things like this could happen to people like Clint and people like Tony. They weren't invincible just because they were amazing and had been doing this forever. They could mess up. They could get hurt. They could end up stuck in a hospital bed, too.

Clint Barton likes this.
  7. Clint Barton

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    He could almost feel the teenagers eyes burning into his flesh, the kid was watching him like a hawk and Clint felt almost awkward, it was supposed to be the other way round, him watching over the kid like his namesake. Peter's response to his words asking after him disappointed him a little, but was unsurprising given the circumstances and yet Clint raised a blonde eyebrow as the kid said his life had been pretty boring recently. He did not believe that for a second, arms folding over his chest as he sat there eyeing the kid closely, with his bright blue eyes but as the kid was asking him what happened in an exuberant exclamation Clint's stern look softened a little.

It only made sense the kid would want to know, given he was stuck in hospital and given the kid was a young hero, though knowing this he knew he had to be careful how much he said else Peter might try to be a hero like Natasha had. He could not let the kid get hurt because of him as Natasha had, he could not let him get any ideas to go after Ward himself so instead he played up to his fun loving personality, the soft smile became wicked as he responded cheerily"Oh you know just fighting bad guys and being dumb... Let a bad guy get too close and got shanked.. Not my best day, but not my worst by a long shot either...."

Frantically he searched for a way to direct the conversation onto another topic to prevent Peter asking deeper questions even as he went on in an idle voice"I'm sure its not as interesting a tale as your pretty 'boring' life.... Come on Peter, I know something must of happened, something always happens to our web slinging hero...." The blonde unfolded his arms and made air quotes as he mentioned the boring part of Peter's sentence, the wicked grin he'd plastered on gaining an amused twitch to it, as once again Hawkeye tried to hide his inner pains and guilt behind his smiling, joking mask.

Peter Parker likes this.
  8. Peter Parker

CAN YOU BLAME ME
    for just being alive

Man, he really was not giving him anything useful here, was he? Peter got it. Honestly, in his position, he wouldn't have dropped all the juicy details either because he wouldn't want people worrying about him, but that didn't make it any less frustrating that the guy wouldn't talk to him, not really. All Peter ever wanted to do was help. No matter who it was, he wanted to help. But when it was someone he cared about? God, he wanted to help.

But for that moment, he decided to give up, slumping his shoulders just a little bit and giving Clint a knowing look, the kind that meant he clearly knew there was more to the story. He just wasn't gonna push him for it.

Yet.

"You'd think," he murmured, a crooked smile on his face that he admittedly had to ease into for a moment. "Nah, the most exciting thing that's happened lately is Darth Vader taking me out for pizza and then texting me to scold me for being out after curfew."

He paused. Winced.

"Okay, so yeah, I've been out after that whole city-wide curfew once or twice." More than once or twice.

Clint Barton likes this.
  9. Clint Barton

Avenging archer
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    He hated that kicked puppy look Peter was now giving him at his refusal to give him any information, he knew the look was likely meant to show him the kid was still suspicious despite his joking response with few details, but to Clint the look was not that. He briefly shifted his gaze aside in an attempt to hide the guilt which threatened to climb out of his eyes and onto his face. But then the kid was speaking, responding to his words referring to hat he'd been up to, which had Clint's blue gaze flashing up to fix upon Peter's face as he told his tale. His gaze widened slightly at the mention of Darth Vader and then a blonde eyebrow rose in response to the words about going out after curfew. The kid looked sheepish as he spoke of that which Clint supposed was a good thing, the curfew was there for a reason but then they were vigilantes and breaking curfew was all a part of their sheek.

All the same he was not sure whether he approved of Peter going out after curfew without some sort of back up. Plus by the sounds of it whatever had happened when he roamed past the curfew had drawn the attention of Darth Vader which suggested that the kid may of been caught or that a famous Star Wars villain knew that the kid under Spiderman's mask was Peter. Unsure where to start his bright, blue gaze ran over Peter's face as he spoke"Wait... When you say Darth Vader, do you mean the dude who walks round breathing through a snorkel from Star Wars? I don't know whether to be proud or horrified that you've be-friended a super villain from Star Wars... I mean couldn't you have found his son instead? Then I wouldn't have to worry that if you pissed him off you'd end up on the wrong end of a force choke."

Bemusement glinted in his bright, blue gaze despite his words and his tone was more teasing than lecturing but then his gaze narrowed, his face became a little more serious as he went on"What were you doing out past curfew Peter? Whatever it was must have been big if Darth Vader found out about it... Which brings me onto point number two, please tell me you haven't exposed your real identity to a super villain."

Peter Parker likes this.