By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private everyone's lonely

Discussion in 'Cascade Bay' started by Clara Oswald, May 9, 2019.

1. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Guest

[​IMG]

may 17 – @Robb Stark

Though Clara was enjoying her time in the Crystal Vales, she hadn't gotten too far in meeting people. Which... she probably needed to do. To sit back and to herself would be a waste, considering the nature of this world, the stories that its citizens held inside them. Clara wanted to know and to hear them.

She had Peter– a friend from memories she didn't have. She suspected they'd been more than friends, though he hadn't admitted that himself, yet. She... didn't know if that was what she wanted, this time around. How could she? This world had turned everything sideways. She had the Doctor, but even he– sorry, she– wasn't the same, again. She'd lived to experience a great deal beyond Clara. So, rather than turning into a recluse, she thought she'd try going out.

She'd never been one to frequent bars, but she found herself in a barstool in Cascade Bay one warm, balmy evening. There was a cold glass in her hand, half-full as she sipped it slowly. She'd struck up a conversation with another woman nearby, but she was only stopping by, and moved to leave soon, saying goodbye and that it had been good to meet Clara. The young woman nodded her agreement, but soon found herself again alone at the bar. She took a longer sip of her drink, letting her brown eyes glance around the space.

On the other side of where the other woman had been sitting sat a young man, downing his drink at a pace far quicker than Clara. When he looked up, Clara caught his gaze briefly and smiled, but then lifted her glass to take another drink.

Robb Stark likes this.
  2. Robb Stark

Robb Stark A Song of Ice and Fire

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    He could do this. It was just a matter of making sure that he didn't drink too much. Just a touch. Just a bit. Like a man dying of thirst with only ocean water around, he was seated at the bar and he was trying to hold himself firm to his decision. A few drinks, that was it, and then he would be back out and headed to where he had rented the room for a night.

Quitting cold turkey hadn't worked this time around and Robb knew that despite his family's attempts to get him to walk a better path, that he would need to find some strength all on his own. The trouble was finding that courage. His first drink went down far quicker than it was supposed to and Robb was making decent headway on his second drink. What he really needed was a distraction.

So Robb looked up and around him. He hadn't paid attention to anyone sitting around him but it was likely he could make conversation with someone if there was a friendly face. He had managed to get himself cleaned up a bit again. Gotten a hair cut, trimmed his beard down to something much more manageable, had taken a shower. His clothing was clean and his eyes were clear. Doing much better for himself, really.

His blue eyed gaze connected almost instantly with the person sitting beside him. A petite woman with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. She lifted her glass to drink and Robb turned his gaze back on his own half consumed ale. Taking a breath he pushed it slightly away to give himself space but simply sat back on the stool, trying to figure out how to strike up a conversation with the pretty woman. She was pretty. Perhaps he liked women with brown hair, that had certainly been a bit of a trend since coming to Pandora, and it wasn't the first time he had tried to strike up a conversation randomly. He recalled all too well when another brunette had basically shot him down in a coffee shop without even realizing what he had been doing. Probably for the best, that.

"Waiting for someone?" Instead Robb cleared his throat and thought it would be polite to ask if she was busy first. Hopefully it would show that he was inclined to a conversation without being too pushy. If she brushed him off, then Robb could try the other side and he would take no offense to it. But there was a gentle smile on his lips and he was trying. See Arya, I'm trying to not be a drunk. As if his sister could hear his thoughts.

Clara Oswald likes this.
  3. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Guest

[​IMG]

Part of Clara wanted to say something first. She was hardly shy. But there were... things holding her tongue. Danny Pink things. The words she'd sworn to him, what he'd meant to her, how he'd died. Never again. Though she doubted the man who's eye she'd caught had falling in love on the mind– it only seemed logical, and far easier, to cut things off before they had a chance to ever exist.

Only, she didn't really want to. Meeting Peter– again, apparently– had helped her to realize that. She was young. Danny's life was over, but hers wasn't. If she had a chance of actually living a life in Pandora, stiffing perfectly handsome, kind-faced men in bars wasn't going to cut it.

So at his words, she smiled in turn, and shook her head. "No. Join me." It was a confident invitation, and she nodded to the spot beside her, watching him with her big dark eyes.

Robb Stark likes this.
  4. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Robb was someone who had been in love with another. Though it had been several months since he had lost Octavia, she was the main reason why he drank the way he did. Getting over her was something he hadn’t been ready to do, so the drink had kept him from thinking too hard about anything at all. Which was not the purpose tonight. Robb was only here to take the edge off. Only that.

The woman smiled at him and then said three little words that made him smile a little wider. Join her. ”Alright then.” A simple agreement but Robb felt relaxed enough that he wasn’t over thinking the conversation. ”Robb.” Instead of buttering her up with compliments or pick up lines, Robb held a hand out to the brunette. Introducing himself in the modern sort of way. Her clothing suggested she was from a modern world.

Once she had introduced himself, Robb settled back into his seat easily enough. ”Breaking the ice is always difficult.” There had been training around this in the Watch. A way for him to bond with his men, much like he had when he was leading an army, but Robb had very little skill in breaking the ice with a pretty woman at a bar. Apparently they had skipped that lesson in his training. ”I’m guessing you’re not from the Bay. Just felt like checking it out?” She’d be new to Pandora if that was the case and Robb could learn a little more about her. He had been in this godsforsaken place for so long. But what was left for him back home? Nothing but death, and that was something he wasn’t supposed to be thinking about.. Not now. Not here. He had to be stronger than that. So he turned slightly so his attention was entirely on the brunette.

Clara Oswald likes this.
  5. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Guest

[​IMG]

She allowed herself to watch his approach a moment, then looked down to smile at her drink before she took another sip. By the time he'd sat beside her, the glass was put down, and she glanced to him at the introduction. That had been easy, harmless. This wasn't so bad. No– it actually felt a bit good.

"I'm Clara," she offered in turn, and shook his hand. So far, nothing about him suggested that he was from anywhere horribly different than her own world and time, though taking such guesses in Pandora was always dangerous. People changed here, she'd learned very quickly. Her hand fell back to her lap, her gaze following him as he sat back.

"Well, I haven't fled for the door yet," she pointed out in jest, with a small laugh bookending her words. No, he was doing just fine. If he was nervous, or didn't do this often, she couldn't tell. Perhaps he was just modest– or perhaps she really hadn't done this in a while. Though to his question, she gave a little shake of her head. "No, I've only been here a few days. It's lovely, though." She paused to take another sip of her drink, and then held it as she turned to face him more properly. A corner of her mouth lifted. "What do I need to see, while I'm here?"

Robb Stark likes this.
  6. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    So far, so good. Robb hadn't lost all his people skills in the previous months and that was probably a good indication that he wasn't quite the hermit he thought he was. That was likely for the better. More so in this situation with a pretty woman wanting to have a conversation.

"Nice to meet you, Clara." The handshake and introduction had gone smoothly. The brunette even cracked a joke about not running for the door and Robb flashed a bit more of a smile.

What to see while she was here? "There's a number of things. Some cliffs nearby with a great view and..." He trailed off for a moment before shrugging his shoulders. "I'm afraid I don't know the town all too well." Just the taverns and the pubs and the like. Places he had whisked through in a haze. "I generally wander around the region, though I've always been fond of the market places in Pandora." A great big melting pot of a thousand different people, items, and food. Robb had greatly enjoyed those places before the Calamity and now... he avoided them. Many changes in his personality. It was interesting what severe depression could do to a person.

"So... the market place. Here, Pandora to-- I mean Pandopolis too." He cleared his throat slightly. If she was new then she would have no idea about the Calamity nor what the place had been before. Pandora Town was ancient news to anyone new. She likely wouldn't understand his slip up anyways. He took another drink of his beer, but made sure it was a careful, small, and slow sip. Baby steps.

Clara Oswald likes this.
  7. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Guest

[​IMG]

So she'd found another wanderer, then. Clara didn't count that a bad thing at all– it was mostly what she was doing, at this point. Her eyes narrowed a bit, and only briefly, as he stumbled over the location of one, but didn't ultimately think anything of it.

"The market it is. Sounds like my sort of place! That's my favorite bit about Pandora– all the different people, and worlds." A finger tapped her glass thoughtfully as she looked at him a moment. "What sort of world do you come from? You seem to fit in well, here."

Robb Stark likes this.
  8. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Pandora was amazing in that sort of sense. There was such a variety. More people, cultures, and things all melded together. "I've just been here awhile." A long time, it felt that way to Robb, but there was more than enough to say by limiting it to awhile. Less questions that way. "My world was something much, much smaller." It felt that way to him. His world had been a pinprick compared to this one.

"More along knights and sword fights, lords, ladies, and such." A number of worlds had different names for one like this. Back water was one of them. Technological dark ages, that was another. Robb couldn't argue with any of their statements either. His learning curve when he had first arrived had been a little rough, though he smirked slightly and there was something fond about it.

He took another drink and then continued. "I just adapted as best I could. Which is all any of us can do here." She didn't seem like she was out of place either. She was having an easier time adapting than he had. "I'm guessing your world is a bit more modern?" It was her hairstyle, make up, and details of her clothing that suggested such a thing to Robb. He had been Commander for far too long not to notice details like that, at least when he was sober enough to take in detail. For now, he was sober enough to make it into conversation instead of just observation.

Clara Oswald likes this.
  9. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Guest

[​IMG]

She gave at thoughtful hum at his correction that he'd only been here a while; for her, it had only been something like a month, and so much of Pandora still felt novel to her. Some people had been here for years. Did this feel like home to them? She still felt like a wanderer most days, just passing through.

Though her eyes widened at the mention of ladies, knights, sword fights. It sounded like something from a storybook. "That certainly sounds exciting," she commented, though allowed him to go on. She supposed Robb was right; it was the best any of them could do. She nodded. "Yes. It was called Earth. My planet, at least; I was lucky. I got to see more of our universe than most, before this place tore me out of it." The story of the Doctor was a hard one to explain, but that was about as simplistic as she could be on the matter.

She cocked an eyebrow at him then. "Were you a knight, then? Sir Robb." She smirked a bit.

Robb Stark likes this.
  10. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    That certainly sounds exciting. Modern ladies did like how his world sounded, he remembered that. But it wasn't nearly as glamourous as it sounded. It wasn't like any movie she might have seen. Beds were terrible, sanitary conditions terrible, people died young and... well, modern worlds were better to their people, even if that blanket statement could not be applied to everyone and everything.

Was he a knight? His eyebrows lifted slightly before he nodded a little. "Something like that, aye." For some damn reason, Robb still felt like keeping his title under wraps. That he had been a Lord and then King. It did not feel so grand right then, even if it would have been an easy way to impress someone. Robb wasn't much of a boaster, whatever there might have been inside of her him that wanted recognition had been beaten out of him with going to war.

But her smirk was lovely, as was her face and voice. All of her attention seemed to be on Robb and he shifted a little bit more to face her a little more fully. "Not all it's cracked up to be, but I find that true of many things and many worlds." His smile eased into something a little more relaxed. He liked this. Talking to someone who had no idea who he was, what he had done... none of it. She knew none of his baggage and he was just another friendly face to her. That was nice.

"Your universe though. I assume you've been in space then?" He took another polite drink of his ale and realized that he had been mostly ignoring it since Clara had sat down. Perhaps company was a good idea, even if he hadn't thought so at first. Perhaps there was a difference in who his company was. "That's something I want to see... but also don't. I don't think my feet have ever been off a planet." He laughed slightly and hoped she'd give him a story or two about space.

Clara Oswald likes this.
  11. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Guest

[​IMG]

Clara was inwardly having a bit of girlish excitement at the notion of having drinks with a real knight, though outwardly she remained cool and composed. What sort of girl hadn't fancied such a thing, after all? Though, she supposed it didn't involve too much imagination to figure that what he said was true. Such a world would have been hard, and yes; for every wonderful place Clara had seen, not one had been perfect. She hummed agreeably, her expression warm as she regarded him.

She was rather at ease in the conversation; Robb came across as nothing but polite, genuinely interested in who she was and who she came from. She thought no farther, just as she knew he couldn't see into the past that weighed on her, either. She nodded her head. "Yes, I have. Many times. I've seen loads of world, but... never one as strange as this." At his comment, she gave a good-hearted laugh. "It's scary, there's no denying it. From space, your entire world, your entire life, becomes a speck in your eye. You can lose track of it as easy as grain of sand. It's..." Her dark eyes glanced a way a moment, as she sighed in thought. Then, her gaze flicked back up to his. "You never look at all this the same, again. That's the only way I can describe it."

What the Doctor had showed her were memories she held dear. But although there were loads of stories there, many of them felt personal. Especially given how they'd ended. So Clara gave a small laugh. "Sorry, went a bit deep on you there. But really; if you've the chance, you should go, sometime. There's that place on the moon here, Elysium. I've not been, but... well, maybe one day." Her smile grew as she watched him. "I'm not through down here, yet."

Robb Stark likes this.
  12. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    She hadn't seen a world as strange as Pandora? Robb cracked a grin at her words. That much was something he could easily agree on, even if his own world had been strange to him. To know that he was dea-- it was better not thought of, not while he had good company. Otherwise he'd be drowning in his cups and she would have no interest in speaking to a drunk. Most women didn't and Robb couldn't blame them for such a thing. It was just smart to avoid drunks for so many reasons.

She described space in a manner that sounded right to him. Of course, he only had Octavia's stories about it to compare it to and Octavia had had limited interactions with anything beyond her family's living unit. Which was depressing on a whole different side, wasn't it? "That doesn't sound pleasant, if I'm honest." Another snort of laughter but Robb wasn't making fun of her for it. Instead he was grateful that she was speaking about space in such a realistic way. A way he could easily understand.

Because when war was happening, when you were smack dab center on a battlefield with hundreds of men dying around you, you felt exactly like that. Your life was small and meaningless. You thought of nothing but survival, or you would die. Perhaps not exactly similar, but close enough. "Don't apologize. I appreciate your honesty, Clara." He offered her another smile and then took another drink, carefully making sure that he did not get a refill when their bartender passed. Perhaps he had already had enough, now that he had someone to distract him.

"Plenty to explore, that's also true." More now than there had ever been before. "I prefer forests and... small villages." One eyebrow lifted but that was where he felt comfortable, for now. "What sorts of things do you want to experience here? Is there anything that tickles your fancy or perhaps a dream you might have had before? There's things to do, even if it seemed like a fantasy to you before." Perhaps it was nice to see someone smile. To see someone have a vigor for life in general. Robb wished he could be that way again. He wished he could find a purpose or a breath of life or something to make him feel apart of things in Pandora again. Instead of an outcast, even though Robb knew he had done that to himself.

Clara Oswald likes this.
  13. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Guest

[​IMG]

She gave an agreeable laugh. Yes, it many ways, it was unpleasant. But she also knew that, while she'd never been able to look at her life the same as before the things she'd seen, she'd never want to. Her scope had been widened, and she hoped she was better for that. In a different way, Pandora forced everyone to branch out in one way or another. It seemed impossible for anyone to exist in their own bubble here.

Clara did properly giggle when he said his preference was for forests and small villages. "Well, coming from your world, I expect this is all especially overwhelming." Even if he'd been here longer, and outwardly seemed more adjusted, she could hardly blame someone for wanting to be around something that was even vaguely familiar. Perhaps that was why she couldn't stay in one place.

What was she looking to do? Clara thought on it a moment, but ultimately gave him a sheepish half-smile. "Honestly? I haven't the first clue what I'm after." She laughed a bit. "I've been moving about, hearing peoples' stories, experiencing what I experience, but... there's not really a goal." It likely spoke to the fact that she wasn't quite settled in Pandora, despite the months that had passed. She didn't know where to put roots or call home. It didn't feel like home.

She was taking it a day at a time. She liked Robb's company, though. It didn't feel at all like he was making conversation because he was after anything. His looks certainly didn't hurt, either.

Robb Stark likes this.
  14. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Coming from his world? Yes, there had been a number of things he had found overwhelming. "Figuring out a microwave did take awhile. And texting was a little difficult at first." He chuckled at his memories of it all. He had figured out a great many things step by step. Piece by piece. "Plenty of things to make life easier or better. Now..." Well, it was easy to imagine his life without all those things because he had been living that way for some time now. At least, until Arya had convinced him to move in with her.

What were sisters for?

But Clara didn't have a goal and didn't have... well, there was so much that could be done. Robb didn't have a goal either. "Nothing wrong with that, doubly while you're so new." There were so many things to discover. Robb had had a better outlook on life back when he had first arrived. Before everything had become so... tainted. Before he had felt so weary. But he could make a few more recommendations for her, if only because he had heard a great number of things around this region. Had seen them himself.

"Have you been to Schola yet?" He knew what direction it was from where they were seated but that was a nice stop for most people. "Mage's guild too. Plenty of magical things around here that are fun to check out." Schola was quite impressive because of how it floated above everything else. It hadn't been that way before but floating in air seemed to suit a magic school in Robb's mind.

"Just be a little careful if you're traveling by yourself out in any wilds. Best to keep yourself armed and prepared for trouble." He wasn't saying so because she was a woman. Rather it was general information he would have advised anyone on. "Plenty of bandits and such. They get bolder further out from Cascade Bay." He wasn't certain if she would stick around cities, but he felt a need to pass on his warning anyway. It was one he would have given anyone.

Clara Oswald likes this.
  15. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Guest

[​IMG]

Clara snorted at the comment about microwaves and texting, which only began to breach the surface of this world's technology and strangeness. "Sounds like you're doing great. Keep at it," she teased lightly. And when he didn't seem to judge her for not knowing what in the hell she was doing, she gave him an appreciative look.

Schola. She'd heard of it, but gave a little shake to her head as to whether or not she'd been. Same for the Mage's Guild. "I'll add them to my list," she replied with a little grin.

Though her brow raised as he began to speak of the troubles that could find her if she went alone. It was quite chivalrous of him, really, in a way she knew meant no poor implications. Even if Clara had faced worse than road bandits– try cybermen. Still, maybe there was an easy solution. "If only there was a brave, dashing knight I could convince to go along with me sometime," she replied, lifting a brow lightly, her grin spreading. Her tone was half teasing, though truly the prospect of seeing Robb again seemed a good one.

Robb Stark likes this.
  16. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    A brave, dashing knight? Maybe he had been that, once upon a time. He still offered her a grin in response. "Perhaps you could." Except he wasn't exactly a good traveling companion currently and who knew if he would be having a good day then. A sober day. Still, it was nice to talk about. Nice to... flirt. Which was what this was, if Robb wasn't reading into it incorrectly.

"But I should warn you that my normal travel companion... sometimes puts people off from traveling with me." Because that was Grey Wind. Some people were fine with him but he had a habit of making people feel tense until they had a chance to get to know him. Robb's dire wolf friend had gotten very good around other people since coming to Pandora but... well, he was a lot larger too.

And if anyone thought to do Robb harm? Well, he was certainly scary then. A comfort when they were out traveling together. "He's not allowed in, so he's probably round back somewhere waiting for me to have my fill of ale." Robb was chuckling, fully understanding that he made it sound like he had some sort of friend. A two legged, human sort of friend. Most inns and taverns wouldn't let him in, so he had gotten use to resting and waiting.

Perhaps that was not kind of Robb. "Maybe one day I'll master driving a car. I could never figure that out. Horse back riding is just so much easier." Gas pedal, brakes, shifting gears, turning. Cars were just so... weird to him. But she likely knew what cars were all about. Probably easier for her than a horse.

Clara Oswald likes this.
  17. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Guest

[​IMG]

Clara's head turned slightly, trying to figure out what sort of traveling companion he had that could be so frightening. "So I assume we're not talking about a nice little house cat?" She raised a brow in question.

"From what I understand, a car would break down in this area anyways. The only downside of this place; I can't even use a damn cellphone." Otherwise, she would probably have given Robb her number by the end of this night.

Robb Stark likes this.
  18. Robb Stark

City Watch Commander
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "No. No nice little house cat." Robb couldn't help but laugh again. A real grin had appeared. Thinking of Grey Wind as a house cat was about as much of an oxymoron as one could get for him!

He nodded ever so slightly to agree that not having a cell signal kinds of did suck. He had liked texting... when he had someone to text regular like. "There are magi-tech versions though." Not that Robb had gotten his hands on one. If anything, he had tried to completely become a hermit. At least at one point. That had gotten lonely but it had felt safer.

"Just in case you... decide to stay around for a longer period of time, sometime." He had no doubt she'd be off adventuring away elsewhere soon enough. And that thought did make him oddly happy for her. She'd have a lot of fun. Maybe he should have done more of that in his life in Pandora. Maybe he would have felt different now, instead of so weary.

Clara Oswald likes this.