HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private everything's fine, everything's great

Discussion in 'Misty Hollow' started by Steve Harrington, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Steve Harrington

Steve Harrington Stranger Things

Race:
    Human

MAY 14
    I'M NOT THE HERO
    but that doesn't mean that i wasn't brave

There were about a million reasons he probably shouldn't have been leaving the house. Although there were probably also a million reasons he probably should have been leaving the house. And leaving Misty Hollow entirely. This place was going to hell. They were monsters running around, it was dark. It was dark all the damn time now. Honestly, the only reason he hadn't packed his bags and gone was because of Dustin. Or rather, the total lack of Dustin. If he'd ever claimed he didn't care about the kid, then it'd never been more obvious how much of a lie that was because he was going insane.

He'd made fliers with the stupid kid's face on them and even now, he was hesitant to put them up. Would they just get torn right down? Still, he had to try, so he geared the hell up with his baseball bat, which he'd hammered nails into for old time's sake, and he strolled out the door, popping up a flier wherever he could.

That wasn't his only reason for heading out, though. There weren't many people here he considered himself friends with, but Beth was one of those people. He knew she'd gotten hurt before all hell had broken loose, but he hadn't seen her since. It felt right to make sure she was okay and, hell, maybe he was just a little lonely. So he knocked on the door, got an angry eyefull from her greasy-haired dad or whoever the hell he was, and then stepped into the house, leaving his bat by the door.

Heading up the staircase to Beth's room, he reached her room, a room he remembered vividly because there was no way he wasn't gonna remember the room he'd shown up in. That had been one hell of a shit show.

"Hey Beth?" he called quietly, awkwardly clearing his throat and lifting a hand to knock. "It's Steve. Steve Harrington?" Jesus fucking christ. Did she know another Steve? Of course it was Steve Harrington.

Beth Greene likes this.
  2. Beth Greene

Beth Greene The Walking Dead

Survivor
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    It had been a hellish few weeks. Mainly because their family home had been invaded, attacked and effectively ruined. But there was also the small matter of being shot. Again. And who the hell had attacked them? No matter where they went, they seemed to attract trouble. Looking back, the entire thing was a blur, like a nightmare that didn't feel completely real but was still reeling from. But the hole in her abdomen told Beth otherwise; this was all far too real.

She owed her family her life. They'd saved her so many times in the past but this had been different. It'd been touch and go, Beth had heard, and she'd lost so much blood they'd wondered if she'd ever wake up again. But she did, and she had. Beth had been awake for days now, but she was still too weak to move or do much else but think. It was a lonely time, and even a little boring, but members of the group would come in and keep her company, and above all, she was just thankful to be alive. Back in Georgia, she hadn't been so lucky.

She'd been thinking about Steve recently. Apparently he'd thrown some huge party a few weeks back, but Beth had been unconscious at the time, and by the time she'd woken up, the entire event was over. She hadn't seen him or Dustin in a while, and she wondered if they'd heard or if they were okay. Their house wasn't far from Beth's, and she hoped whoever had attacked them, had left the other houses in the area in peace. No one said very much about those thugs which made Beth think they either didn't have any leads, or they didn't want to put any stress on Beth's body. Not while she was still in recovery. But Beth hated being out of the loop.

She'd been lightly dozing when a familiar voice came from the far corner of the room. Steve was stood in the doorway, looking a little awkward, but Beth's eyes brightened when she saw him and she smiled, albeit a little weakly. "Hey," she replied, her throat dry from not using it for hours. "I was just thinkin' about you. You okay?"

Steve Harrington likes this.
  3. Steve Harrington

Race:
    Human

I'M NOT THE HERO

It was weird seeing her in bed like that, and it made it weirder to hear her voice like that. Hoarse like she hadn’t used it in awhile. She sounded like someone who had gotten hurt. Maybe not too recently but recently enough for it to still be an issue. Well shit. How bad had it been? Was it even appropriate to ask? Not that he thought Beth would mind, but he have expected greasy-haired dad to be lurking around the corner ready to pounce and he was so not ready for that.

“You were?” he murmured, actually genuinely surprised by that question. Beth had basically an entire family of people here in Misty Hollow with her and she’d been thinking about him. Steve looked almost amused by that as he stepped a little further into the room, feeling a little like he was invading, but she wasn’t yelling for him to go away yet. Not waving any guns at him like the last time. Not that he expected it, it was just a memory that was definitely, well … memorable.

“You’re the one stuck in the bed, and you wanna know if I’m okay?” he asked. “Are you? I was gonna bring, like … flowers or something, but I don’t think anything’s open. The monsters probably ate them all anyway.”

Beth Greene likes this.
  4. Beth Greene

Survivor
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Steve seemed surprised by Beth's concern, and then almost amused, as though he wasn't used to someone thinking about him. Beth couldn't imagine that, and nodded in earnest, attempting to prop up her pillows and sit up. She immediately clutched her side and took a sharp intake of breath, wincing in pain. Shit. That hurt. How long was this going to last? Beth missed the outdoors, taking Bailey for walks, even being able to pop downstairs and get herself a snack. It was the little things she'd always taken for granted, that Beth found she missed the most.

"Yeah," she replied through gritted teeth. She waited a moment, letting the pain subside before trying again and hoisting herself up a little more. Now that Beth was no longer on her back she could take a proper look at him. He looked tired. "I'm -- y'know, gettin' there." Beth didn't want to lie. She'd definitely been better. But she wasn't dead either, so that was something. She giggled and inclined her head at him. "You're sweet. How is it out there? With the barrier down... I wish I could help."

Beth found herself hastily straightening out her hair and brushing it behind her ear as she looked at Steve. She had a feeling it was extremely messy and stuck up at odd angles. For some reason she felt oddly self-conscious and well, she had to make a bit of an effort for visitors. "I was worried the group that attacked us might aim for you and Dustin next. Your place isn't far." A tiny knot appeared between Beth's eyebrows as she looked at him.

"How are you?" There was something in his eyes that was different. Steve looked stressed, upset even, but he was trying his hardest to hide it.

5. Steve Harrington

Race:
    Human

I'M NOT THE HERO

Yeah, she’d said, but she was totally lying. She wasn’t a good liar either, given the way she suddenly clutched at her side and took that sharp intake of breath. That was definitely pain, that was definitely not somebody being okay. But she was alive, and that was a lot better than dead. Better she was laying in a bed surrounded by friends and family than in a box in the ground.

Steve didn’t want to think about that, though, because it just sort of made him think about Dustin and where he might be. In the ground somewhere? Shit.

How was it out there? That was a fucking loaded question if he’d ever heard one, and Steve felt himself exhale a laugh that sounded a little on the hysterical side. “There’s a ghost stalking me. She’s been staring at me through my window and home is the last place I wanna be. It’s a mess out there,” he admitted despite the fact that he was probably supposed to be playing this all off as totally fine. As though realizing that, he straightened up a little. “But hey, I’ve got my trusty bat, it’s all good. I left it downstairs by the door, though, because your dad was giving me the look.”

The next question was a loaded question, too. She knew something was up, and Steve hesitated a second, staring at her. “... I can’t find Dustin. Anywhere.”

Beth Greene likes this.
  6. Beth Greene

Survivor
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    The trouble on Beth's face did not dwindle as Steve exhaled a laugh. She followed him with her eyes, and silently gestured for him to sit beside her so they could talk. She'd heard stories from those who'd visited her; tales of demons and ghosts and other supernatural creatures, but none of them were quite like the one Steve wove.

"I'm sorry, what?" She interjected, quite certain she'd misheard him. There was no way. The blue of Beth's eyes became more pronounced as she stared at Steve in disbelief. When Steve did not object, Beth realised the terror he must be feeling. It was like something out of a ghost story, or a nightmare. Or maybe some kind of horror movie Shawn would watch back when they were kids. Before their world became a horror movie all of its own.

"My Dad?" Beth repeated, momentarily confused. "Oh." She giggled, realising who he meant. "You mean Daryl." She wasn't sure Daryl would approve of that title, but then again, she wasn't about to tell him any time soon. Him and Steve hadn't exactly got off on the right foot, and Beth doubted telling him that would help the situation. She'd been about to invite him and Dustin to stay while he had some creepy ghost following him around when the next thing he said stopped Beth in her tracks.

".... He's missin'?" She said faintly. Beth looked at Steve and suddenly realised why he looked as he did. "Oh, Steve." She reached out, placing a comforting hand in his own. "I'm so sorry." Beth had some experience at family and friends disappearing and she wouldn't wish it upon anyone. As much as Steve played it cool, it was obvious to anyone who was around them for more than five minutes that he loved that kid.

"Is there any sign of where he could have gone? Or has he just... Vanished?" Beth didn't want to diminish Steve's hope. On the contrary, she wanted nothing more than to find Dustin safe and sound and back with Steve. But knowing Pandora as she did, sometimes there was no rhyme or reason for why people left as they did.

7. Steve Harrington

Race:
    Human

I'M NOT THE HERO

Okay, so Daryl apparently wasn't her dad. Steve stood there furrowing his brow and looking like an idiot, but was quick to silently make note of that. He wasn't gonna make that stupid mistake again. Not that she seemed offended or bothered by any of it. In fact, she was right off the subject just as quickly and focusing on Dustin. He didn't know whether or not he really wanted to focus on the Dustin part of the conversation, but it was the most important thing in his life right now. And to be honest, there weren't many really truly important things in his life anymore. Nancy wasn't here. There was just Dustin and the promise he'd made to look after these kids.

And look how well that had gone.

Feeling her reach out her hand to gently touch his own, Steve lifted his gaze, looking back to her. His lips were pressed together to a fine line and it didn't take a rocket scientist to realize just how much he was blaming himself. Dustin couldn't have chosen a worse time to pull this shit, but he also knew that there was a very real possibility he wasn't pulling anything at all, that he hadn't chosen this at all. He knew there was a possibility that he didn't just vanish the way that Beth suggested, that it was more than that.

"Knowing him, he probably got himself eaten by one of those monsters out there," he said, and he sounded like he was trying to keep it cool and casual, like he wasn't on the verge of total panic mode, but it was clear on his face that he wasn't really holding it together that well. Insulting these idiots was sort of a defense mechanism, but, god, he cared about that kid. For a moment, Steve was silent, jaw clenching tight until he had to ease it loose again, letting out a sigh. "... I'm a really shitty babysitter, Beth."

Beth Greene likes this.
  8. Beth Greene

Survivor
    Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Steve met her gaze, and Beth thought she could see the grief he tried so hard to hide. That sense of guilt was so familiar, so horribly relatable that Beth found herself looking into their hands, wishing there was something she could do to make him feel better. But she knew all too well that there was nothing to be done but mourn. To try and forgive yourself.

A tiny smile curled Beth's lips and she exhaled a laugh, but it didn't quite meet her eyes. She was far too worried about him and adjusted herself more fully, letting Steve work through his thoughts and feelings. "Oh, Steve," Beth argued at once. "How can you think that?" She squeezed his hand and leant forward with assertion, with the utmost belief that what she said were true. "This is not your fault. Anyone whose been around you for more than five minutes can see how much you care for him. You'd never let anythin' happen."

Beth let out a deep sigh and looked down. A crinkle appeared between her eyebrows and her face was full of regret as she wondered whether to divulge her own experience. She didn't know if it would help, or if he'd even want to listen, but at least he'd know she understood. "I know it's not the same," Beth started, chin still to her chest. "But I lost someone once. My sister. She... She vanished. Right in front of me, and there was nothin' I could do to stop it. I blamed myself for months. Years, really." Beth paused, lifting her gaze to meet his.

"I'm so sorry, Steve. I wish - urgh - this stupid bullet!" Beth scowled at her waist where she knew the wound remained. "I wish I could just grab my horse and ride out and search with you. I wish there was somethin' I could do to help."