By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Expanding Aura

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Riley, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Riley

Riley Pokémon

Exploring
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    May 29th

Riley's day was going well. His team had been training hard, and it was showing. Lucario in particular had been decimating every Pokemon that came his way.

He was feeling proud of how far they had gotten. They were all showing real progress, even him. No longer was he the confused rich kid just trying to have fun. His pockets weren't as full, but that didn't matter; mastering his aura and guiding his Pokemon mattered.

It was during what should have been a simple battle against a graveler that things changed drastically. Just as Lucario was finishing it off, Riley felt something around his ankle. Immediately, he tried to pull himself free, but that only led to his other foot being grabbed.

"Hey! What...?!" he cried, starting to really panic. Lucario turned from his battle, confused, and growled in surprise at what he saw.

"Riley!" Usually, his partner's thoughts were a comfort-- when he wasn't just being sassy-- but he didn't need screaming in his head while he tried to save himself. In desperation, he tried to scan the vines grabbing him with his aura, but for some reason, he wasn't getting anything. It was as if they weren't there, or they weren't alive. They certainly weren't connected to anything.

"Lucario, us-" his instructions were interrupted by the realization that Lucario was having the same problem, and as much as he tried to break them, nothing was happening. The next thing they knew, the familiar sight of Iron Island was gone.

It didn't take long for the vines to release them, and in a panic, Riley brought up his force-field. Something wasn't right, and he had no idea what to do.

As soon as he brought it up, though, some people who were trying to just walk down the street were pushed back by the sudden field or just bumped into it with a soft 'oof.' Lucario was next to him, as usual, glaring at anyone who got too close. His trainer was scared, and upset, and they were surrounded by strangers who could be malicious.

He growled at the next person to get close, but he was sort of stuck in Riley's field, so it was pretty ineffectual.

#1 Riley, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Lillie likes this.
  2. Lillie

Lillie Guest

With everything that she'd heard had been going on in Pandora Town, Lillie had been trying to mostly stay in the orphanage. The more time she spent there, however, the more she realized just how...boring it was. Sure, she had the regular influx of books from the library to try and keep herself entertained, but it seemed like most of what was there was tailored for children younger than herself.

So perhaps that was why she often found herself taking walks around Pandora Town. At first she didn't stray far from the orphanage, but as she got more and more used to it she found herself wandering out farther and farther. Was she getting braver? She hoped so.

Today she hadn't a particular destination in mind; just idly wandering. She had found a good place to let Nebby out to explore, which was good for the Cosmog. It was nice that she didn't have to worry so much about keeping it hidden from Pandora at large; usually she was happy to let it wander around the orphanage to its heart's content, but she imagined the place was just as boring for it as it was for her. As long as it wasn't getting itself into trouble, she didn't see the problem in letting it see other places.

For now, though, she felt it was time to be heading back to the orphanage. That was what she was doing, up until she found herself walking into an invisible wall that almost certainly wasn't there a couple moments ago. She bounced back a little ways before unceremoniously landing on her bottom.

She looked up, and her eyes widened in surprise at what she saw: a Lucario. She'd read a lot about Lucario before, but this was the first time she'd ever seen one in person. Furthermore, this was the first time since her arrival that she'd seen any Pokémon apart from Nebby. Just as she'd resigned herself to never seeing one again....

Then it growled at her.

"Eep!" she squeaked in reply.

"Pew!" Nebby chimed with equal alarm, causing her bag to start shaking around. She hastily turned around and started patting it in an attempt to calm her friend down, before hastily pushing herself back to her feet and turning back to the Lucario with a sheepish, apologetic expression.

"I-I'm sorry, Lucario, I didn't...I didn't see you there. I, um...."

Then her attention turned to the man nearby. Was he Lucario's trainer? It looked like it; his outfit was pretty similar in appearance to the Lucario's.

"...Um, is this your Lucario?" she asked, "I'm...um, very sorry to have disturbed you.... Um...."

Riley likes this.
  3. Riley

Riley Pokémon

Exploring
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Too many people and too much craziness. Lucario was having trouble even processing what was happening. Just like his trainer, he usually preferred being away from people, training in the deepest parts of the iron mines. More importantly, when being around other humans, he usually had some warning beforehand. He'd never just been dumped in the middle of a town bustling with people who seemed annoyed by the bright blue force-field in their way.

A few annoyed shouts were being thrown Riley's way, which only caused him to retreat into himself further. He was normally better at handling people (even if he preferred isolation) but just being thrown into such a situation made it hard for him to just let his guard down, literally in this case.

Fortunately, not everyone was loud and angry. There seemed to be at least one person who sounded young and gentle, and that managed to pull Riley out of his daze, and calm Lucario down, at least slightly.

Riley opened his eyes finally and looked around at the people he was blocking, then sheepishly dropped the force-field. Immediately, people began to get back to their commute, one person bumping into Riley as they passed. Lucario's rage and confusion was immediately transferred to them as he turned and growled, looking ready to pounce.

"I don't know what's going on, but no one will treat you like that!" he raged in Riley's head. Before any violence could break out, he quickly grabbed Lucario's shoulder and pulled him back slightly.

"No, no, don't. You can't go attacking people, you know that. We just... where are we? What were those vines?" He almost didn't notice that he had almost walked into the young girl that had pulled him out of his confused defensiveness. When he did, he winced in embarrassment and apologized, sending a glare at Lucario to make sure he was going to stay in line.

The Pokemon in question huffed and crossed his arms, but otherwise complied with the unspoken order.

Lillie likes this.
  4. Lillie

Lillie Guest

In the ensuing madness, perhaps it was to be expected that Lucario's trainer didn't seem to even notice Lillie. However, she did seem to have snapped him out of his apparent panic and surprise, and with it that wall that was just there went down.

She frowned slightly. Pokémon having abilities was one thing, but she'd never seen a trainer have abilities too. Maybe it was just a thing for Lucario trainers? She did remember reading something about "aura," whatever that was.

Speaking of Lucario, she also didn't think Lucario was this...cranky. This Lucario seemed willing to jump on anyone who even looked at his trainer funny. At the next words the trainer spoke, however, she thought she understood what was going on. This man and his Pokémon were in the same position she herself had been just over a month ago. After all the explaining she needed, she never thought she would be the one doing explaining at some point.

"Well, um...." she started, only to let out another surprised squeak when the trainer almost ran her over.

In response to his apology, she shook her head. "That's all right.... I can see how confusing all this is. Um...."

She paused for a moment, frowning. Where did she even begin?

"...This is Pandora. It's a completely different world from the one we came from.... For one, most people don't even know what a Pokémon is.... As odd as that sounds...." She looked around briefly. "...I guess people are just...randomly chosen to be brought here? I don't know why. I'm not sure if anyone does...."

Then she turned back to the trainer. "I think that's what the vines were? I never saw them; I was sleeping when I arrived here, but I've heard other people have seen them...."

She waved in the general direction of the rest of the town. "And this is Pandora Town. I think it's the biggest out of...five towns in Pandora? I wouldn't know for sure. I haven't left since I got here a...little over a month ago...?"

"...There's more that I don't quite understand, but I hope that works as a basic explanation...?" she finished, turning back to the trainer with an awkward, sheepish smile.

Riley likes this.
  5. Riley

Riley Pokémon

Exploring
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    The young girl's words took a few seconds to really sink in for Riley. There was everything from a different world to few Pokemon to five whole towns. Even the smallest region he knew of had more than just five towns.

Slowly, both trainer and Pokemon seemed to relax slightly at having some explanation. Riley seemed contemplative while Lucario's stoic mask returned. The way he glanced around at the people he had growled at then immediately glanced away was probably the closest he would be apologizing to anyone. At least he was unlikely to have such a reaction again.

"That's... alright then." Riley took a deep breath to center himself. Using aura-- particularly when just starting out-- required a lot of concentration and calm, so meditating was a big part of his training growing up. As such, he was able to force himself to be calm rather quickly.

"Alright, I see. Thank you for the explanation, miss...?"

Lillie likes this.
  6. Lillie

Lillie Guest

"...Oh, my name is Lillie," Lillie replied with a small bow. "And, um.... You're welcome? I'd offer to show you around, but, um.... I only really know the orphanage and the library, and I don't know if you'd be interested in either of those...."

She glanced at the Lucario, who in calming down was now acting a bit more like she expected a Lucario to act like. Then again, she'd only read about Lucario before....

"...I've never seen a Lucario in person before. I don't think they're native to Alola....." she commented, before turning back to his trainer with a curious expression. "...Are they difficult to train...?"

Riley likes this.
  7. Riley

Riley Pokémon

Exploring
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Pleased to meet you, Lillie. My name is Riley." He gave her a polite nod in return, glad that his introduction to such a strange new world was polite and refined. Who knew what else he could have been faced with.

He could see the use of heading straight to the library. Some information about Pandora that didn't come from a child who seemed to prefer staying in place would always be useful, but just reading had never really been Riley's strong suit. No, getting out there himself and seeing what there was to see was his preferred method.

Her musings on his Lucario brought him out of his thoughts. He glanced back at the Pokemon in question, who seemed to be a bit distracted scanning the town with his aura. Whatever he was picking up, he didn't seem distressed, simply curious.

"Difficult? I suppose. I have only really known this one, but if they all act like him, then they are pretty obnoxious when they want to be." That got Lucario's attention. His head snapped back to Riley, and he huffed, indignant.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"You heard me," Riley replied with a smirk. To an outside observer, the headbutt to Riley's stomach might have seemed violent or threatening. Having raised Lucario from an egg, however, Riley knew for a fact that it was more playful, even though it made him feel a little sore. As such, even as he rubbed the soon-to-be bruise, he chuckled lightheartedly.

Lillie likes this.