HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private familiar taste of poison

Discussion in 'Misty Hollow' started by Ginger Fitzgerald, Jan 7, 2018.

1. [​IMG]
    Jan 3rd || @Johnny Blaze
    The only reason why she hadn't frozen to death was because she had stolen some clothing before getting into this predicament. As a wolf she hadn't need clothing, the fur had been enough to keep the chill away. But as a flimsy human? She was trapped and she wasn't sure if she liked being trapped as human compared to being trapped as a wolf.

Dressed in thin clothing, Ginger was walking along the side of the road near Misty Hollow. Her teeth chattered together as the cold bit against her exposed skin and beneath the clothing, despite her skin being sheltered had hundreds of tiny goosebumps prickle.

Right now she needed a lot of things. A smoke, food, warmth. Her sister. Gods just thinkinf of her set her stomach into a mess of knots of guilt that twisted like a serrated knife. She could have killed her and at the time she hadn't even cared. The bloodlust, the rage she had felt, the betrayal that spurred her onward.

Turning on the only person in the world she trusted. Ginger hated herself for it.

Maybe freezing out here would be some sort of punishment and if it was, well she wouldn't complain too much. She deserved that and so much more.

Johnny Blaze likes this.
  2. Johnny Blaze

Johnny Blaze Marvel Universe

Ghost Rider//Mechanic
    Race:
    (Super)human
    It was starting to get dark as Johnny closed the mechanic shop for the day. Normally he would have closed a bit later but with a promise of freezing wind and a snow storm about to drop another bucket of snow on the sleepy town of Misty Hollow: there was probably not gonna be any more customers for the night.

So honestly he’d rather be in a pair of sweatpants and a cup of hot chocolate, wait out the bad weather for a bit rather than continue on at work. He got into an old pick up truck, his bike tucked away back at home for the time being too cold to ride it unless he was the Ghost Rider of course.

And as he was driving, streets were deserted with the oncoming snow storm on the way. The wind had already started to pick up, blowing snow drifts this way and that way across the road. The temperature gage on his dash read a -1 degrees Fahrenheit, and he was mad glad that he was in a warm car and on his way to a warm house…

Then, as Johnny stopped at a stop sign, looking to the left to see if anyone was coming….. he noticed a girl walking his side of the street.

Jesus Christ: what was a kid doing out here freezing? She wasn’t even dressed right, the street lamp she crossed under showed that she had a flimsy coat and nothing more than that. Not even the right shoes.

Keep driving Johnny.. He thought as he turned on his turn signal, which was unnecessary in a basically empty street. Keep driving, its none of your business, she’ll get home fine, if you stop and ask she’ll think you’re a creep…..

”… Goddamn it.” Johnny muttered, turning slightly and pulling over, jabbing the window button to pull down his window as he pulled over next to the side walk where the girl was walking.

”Uh…. Excuse me, ma’am?” He said, leaning slightly out of his car window, blue eyes looking concerned, ”It’s below zero out and a storm’s rollin’ in…. yah really shouldn’t be out here.” He jerked a finger towards the passenger seat. ”How about I take yah where yah need to go before it gets worse out?”

Ginger Fitzgerald likes this.
  3. [​IMG]
    Was snow always this cold? Ginger pulled the jacket she wore a little tighter around her body even if that didn't do jack shit against the cold air.

No-one was coming, the street was empty except for her and the falling snow. Through the falling snow, near the stop sign she saw a truck, its turn signal blinking. Good, no need for anyone to see her like this. Except she HAD been seen and the truck was coming her way.

"Really? I thought it was perfect weather for a walk." Ginger was sarcastic by nature, and not trusting of others which was clear. If she had any choice she wouldn't even be out here. "Take me somewhere so you can kill me, is that it?"

Her bravado would be more impressive if she wasn't freezing half to death with her body shaking and her teeth chattering together. If she stayed she would become nothing more than a frozen block of ice.

She tapped her foot a few times in debate, trying to decide what she was going to do. It would be easy to get in the truck and lie, tell the guy she lived nearby and then break into an abandoned house. Better to freeze in a house with no heating than out here, right?

"I don't exactly have anywhere to go, alright?" She admitted, staring through the open window at concerned blue eyes, wishing she was anywhere than right there.

Johnny Blaze likes this.
  4. Johnny Blaze

Ghost Rider//Mechanic
    Race:
    (Super)human
    Johnny winced a little at the kid’s sarcasm. Well he kinda saw that coming, she didn’t look older than fourteen. And it was exactly the kind of sass he’d expect out of his own daughter, and Emma was just twelve.

’This ain’ even my final form, Daddy.’

He let out a soft sigh as she snapped back about how he might have been some kind of rampaging serial killer, looking to pick up unsuspecting girls and take them off to be killed. He kinda saw that coming too, should have just kept on driving and put the mad girl who was out in this weather out of his mind.

But storm clouds were rolling over, which meant a blizzard was on it’s way. And he could be curled up in front of a fire right now on his couch. But he’d be thinking about the girl all night so….

Johnny reached into his pocket, shifting the truck into park as he did so, pulling out his wallet. Flipping it open, he showed two photos to the girl. One was of a woman (his wife) with red hair tied up in a messy bun, grinning with her hands on her hips in front of a trailer like house. The other was of the man in the truck himself, in front of the gates of Disneyland, posing with mickey mouse ears on, with two kids (a girl with his blond hair, and a boy with his mother’s red) who were pointing excitedly up at the gates as only kids do when they were about to go to Disneyland.

Johnny grinned at the girl, ”Well maybe you got a point. But I reckon no self respectin’ serial killer wears mickey mouse ears and takes his kids to Disneyland, right?” There had to be a serial killer code of creepy ‘I live in a basement’ old dudes who disrespected women and treated kids like crap. Probably kicked puppies too.

He put the wallet away, watching as the girl clearly tried to decide whether or not to get into the car. ”… I can let you call whomever is waitin’ on yah?” He suggested, ”You can send them a picture of me and the truck? Talk to them the entire time?....” If the kid was still worried he was a serial killer that was.

Then…. The girl admitted that she had nowhere to go.

Ah: well that explained it then. Johnny checked the time on the dash: 5:15. The Shelter would be closed down and batting down the hatches for the storm. He tapped his fingers on the wheel, before reaching the decision.

”Well…. Yah can’t stay out here for the night. Blizzard coming. Temperature is gonna get lower…..” He looked back at her, ”…. I got a place down that-a-way. Five minutes at most. You can stay the night there, and then in the morning I can take yah to the shelter?”

Hopefully she wouldn’t keep on the ‘you are a potential serial killer nonsense’. He held up his hands, ”I have a dog too. Serial Killers don’t have dogs, do they?....” Dogs were too full of love for serial killers to have… right?

5. [​IMG]
    If she knew the age the guy thought she was, she probably would have balked and snarled in his face. She was sixteen and fully able to take care of herself, if she believed her own lies on the subject. Out of the Fitzgerald sisters, Ginger was the brawn, Brigitte was the brain. With a year between the two, Ginger didn't always like the fact her sister was smarter than her, especially when said sister got to skip a grade.

As the guy showed her a photo, Ginger had to roll her eyes and she didn't bother to hide the fact she had rolled her eyes. A gesture too cheesy for her own liking, even if she felt a twinge of emotion. Disneyland had never been something she could have gone to. They could have afforded it, but mostly her father just didn't give a shit about taking his kids on vacation.

He carried on as Ginger remained silent, her gaze dark and icy. She wondered how a dog would react to her considering her lycan blood(never mind the fact she killed the neighbors yapping dog because it wouldn't shut up and the beast had raged). Did that make her serial killer material? Trina's death had been accidental - Sam's death hadn't.

God could her life get anymore fucked up?

"Serial killers tend to start their spree on animals. Dogs included." So if said dog was still alive, couldn't be that bad, right? Ginger chewed on her lip before making a decision she knew she would probably regret. Staying out her would be certain death. Going with him would be half n half.

Fuck it. She might as well die in warmth.

Yes she was still thinking on the serial killer topic because death was a huge part of her life. B wasn't here to yammer on about some fact or three or how this wouldn't be a good idea. Ginger frowned as if she could hear her sister talking, before reaching for the door handle and pulling the door open.

Closing the door with a soft click, Ginger turned to look at him. "Any funny business and I'm out." Shivering made her look far less intimidating than she wanted.

Johnny Blaze likes this.
  6. Johnny Blaze

Ghost Rider//Mechanic
    Race:
    (Super)human
    Johnny blinked, looking honestly horrified at the implication that if a serial killer had a dog, it was a dead dog. Because baby serial killers honed their skills on innocent canines. ”That’s horrible.” He pointed out, well aware of how silly this was. They were having a conversation about serial killers while he was trying to convince her to get into a car with a stranger. AKA what her parents probably preached about her not doing.

But she was right on that fact: it was either staying out here and freezing to death. Or putting her trust in a complete stranger. And since Johnny had no plans about killing anyone, he was the option where you survived.

She rolled her eyes at the photo, and Johnny tried not to take it personally. Teens like her probably found Disneyland to be a profound waste of time. But for kids and adults with kids: seeing the wonder in their eyes was all worth it. He remembered how he and Roxy saved up for that trip. How they then discreetly packed the car, and told them they were going to do some boring shopping for a bike for the carnival… telling them on the highway they were actually going to Disneyland.

There was so much damn screaming of joy from the two that he was afraid a cop would pull them over.

Ultimately though: it seemed that a combination of dumb cute parent and dog owner was enough for her to climb into the cab of the truck. Insisting that any funny business she was out….

”Deal.” He stated, and closing a window to the wind chill pulled away from the curb just as snow started to fall and the temperature gauge dipped to -2.

”I’m Johnny, by the way. Johnny Blaze.” He mentioned with his eyes on the road. The ride passed mostly in silence, the radio playing country before had died with the oncoming storm. There was nothing but wind picking up and windshield wipers flooping from side to side.

And at least the ride wasn’t that far, as promised he pulled into a neighborhood and pulled into the drive way to a tiny ranch house that was his home. He turned off the truck, opening the door and making his way through the buffeting wind chill to the back door, unlocking and shouldering it open, stepping aside for Ginger to walk into the kitchen before he shut the door, now in a much warmer house.

”I’ll get a fire started.” He stated, taking off his hat and gloves, and unzipping his coat. ”And if you wanna get out of those clothes I’ve got sweatpants or something for yah to wear…” He wondered idly if Berelain would mind sharing her one drawer she had in his house. But he decided it would be wise not to touch his girlfriend’s things while she wasn’t here…

Whine

Johnny turned his attention to Anne, his blue tick coon hound who was making soft whines, kicking off his boots. ”What’s the matter, Ann-ie girl?” He baby talked as the dog went low to her belly, nose down, tail between her legs, staring at Ginger with all the submissiveness of dogs in the face of alphas. Johnny of course chopped it up to her being a shelter dog and being a naturally submissive and scardy-cat.

7. [​IMG]
    No words could describe how she felt. Really out of everything that was all he had to say? He was an adult, surely he knew that? She doubted he was that much of an idiot. Her father was a different story, and she half wondered where the fuck he had gone. Not something she would lose sleep over, he was a chump and even the idea of being related to him made her want to throw up.

Inside the truck was cooler but still warmer than being directly outside in the snow and wind. More snow began to fall just as they began to head off and Ginger felt glad to be out of that for the moment. Still didn't mean she trusted the man but right now he was the lesser of two evils. And like she had said, if there was any funny shit then she would be gone as if she didn't exist.

There was a pun or two to be had at the mention of his last name except she simply stared at him, an eyebrow arched as if to ask really? "Did your parents name you that or did you choose it yourself?" She asked, relaxing into the seat while pulling the cold jacket a little tighter. Honestly this was more pot calling the kettle out because her name was Ginger for fuck's sake. Named for a fucking spice. She wondered whose brilliant idea it was to name her that.

"Ginger Fitzgerald." It was said in a bit of a grudging tone of voice as if she didn't want to give it, instead she stared back out the window to look at the snow being violently thrown around by the wind.

She didn't get along with people. Didn't care to when they didn't matter to her. Try to be nice, her sister would say. He was helping, no need to be a bitch about it. Gritting her teeth at that, Ginger climbed out of the truck the moment the key had been turned and the motor died. In a hurry not to become a popsicle, Ginger hurried indoors, not even bothering to be cautious that this could be a trap.

Pulling at her top, it was cold and wet from the falling snow. "Got somewhere I can change? I'm not changing in front of you." Spoken as if this had been his fault even when it wasn't. Inwardly she cringed - would it kill her to be nice for once? Probably.

Then a sound.

Ginger had no desire to murder the dog before her and for that she could only feel relief. What a great impression that would have made to maul the animal. Still she felt a bit odd at the whine, wondering why and then realizing what it meant. Hadn't she done the same thing with Laura? "It's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you." She spoke gently. In an even quieter voice she added, "I'm not gonna hurt him either, okay?"

Not realizing that she wouldn't be able to hurt him but she didn't know that now did she?

In a louder voice she spoke to Blaze. "So if you don't wanna kill me, why did you help me? Why are you helping me?"

Johnny Blaze likes this.
  8. Johnny Blaze

Ghost Rider//Mechanic
    Race:
    (Super)human
    It was definitely not the first time Johnny had heard that his name was fucking ridiculous. He smiled, chuckling good naturedly as he answered, ”That was one hundred percent my parents. They both liked Johnny Cash, and the last name was my father’s side.” He said, by way of explanation, taking a turn onto his cul-de-sac as he did so. ”Full name is ‘Johnathan’. But no one ever calls me that except telemarketers and the government.”

Being destined to be named after a country singer. Only in fucking Texas. The fact that his father was a carnie who did motorcycle stunts was probably where his last name came from. Probably somewhere down the line they changed the last name to fit with the act of jumping through flaming hoops.

He decided not to explain that part.

He didn’t remark on her own weird name. Instead nodding as they pulled into the drive. ”Nice to meet yah, Ginger Fitzgerald.” He stated calmly, and they got out of the car and made their way inside.

Johnny winced as he took off his hat, wild blond hair immediately turning from flat head to all over the place now that it was free from the confines of their prison. ”Nah and I don’t want yah to. There’s a bathroom. I’ll show yah in a minute….”

He got a bit distracted by the dog, though. Kneeling before the whimpering hound, running his fingers through her soft ears even as the dog kept her terrified eyes locked on Ginger. He vaguely heard Ginger tell the dog she wasn’t gonna hurt her, not hearing the part about how she wasn’t gonna hurt him either. ”…. Don’t fret about it. Anne’s just had a hard life before she came here. Gets nervous around strangers.” He decided not to tell the girl that Anne had accepted his girlfriend just fine. Maybe dogs just picked and chose. Either way, after Ginger had said she wasn’t going to hurt her (or him), and he’d scratched Anne behind the ears, the blue tick licked at Johnny’s face, tail wagging, and seemed happy enough with the attention.

He looked up as she asked him why he was helping her, shrugging slightly as he had to push away a dog that kept trying to lick at his face. ”Well uh….. shit if you excuse the language…. It’s the right thing to do, for one.” He looked back at his own dog, rubbing her ears, ”Sides… Pandora ain’t the most friendly place. Lord knows folks who’ve first been brought here could use a bit o’ kindness. Doesn’t hurt, huh?”

”Alright then….” Johnny said, standing up straight. ”Bathroom.”

He lead her through the house, which was not large by any means. It was actually pretty tiny. Through the kitchen, then the living room, there was the side of the house where two bedrooms and the bathroom were. He flicked on the light of the bathroom (which revealed ancient green and black tile from the 60s era), and went into his own bedroom and pulled out clean sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a hoodie.

”Here yah go.” He stated, handing them off to the girl, and letting her into the bathroom to change. ”Just leave yer clothes wherever. I can throw em in the dryer later for yah.”

And with that, he turned and walked away.

While she changed, he started the fire in the fireplace grate. Stacking the wood carefully and getting the newspaper around it to light. Then went into the kitchen and checked on the crock pot of beef stew he’d left on to cook slowly before he went to work that morning. He opened the lid, smells of beef stew goodness wafting through the kitchen as he heard her walk back in behind him.

”….. I hope yer okay with beef stew.” He said, not turning around. ”There’s uh…. Water, soda, and beer in the fridge.”

Was he offering a kid beer? Well there sure as shit wasn’t an age limit here in Pandora. And he had been drinking probably younger than this girl was. Wasn’t about to judge either.

9. [​IMG]
    She wasn't just a normal stranger. She was a werewolf though how could she explain that one? There were no guarantees she would be able to prove it, considering she couldn't control her wolf. Hell she was only human right now thanks to Laura and her commanding Ginger to shift. Knowing a pack lived in Cascade Bay, Ginger had refused to stay and decided to move on. No point in getting under that alpha's paw.

"I don't blame her." Ginger replied, glancing down towards Anne. She didn't hold it against her because it wasn't very important in Ginger's eyes. "Fuck man, I'm not gonna get all uppity about language. Shit's been in my vocabulary since I could talk." Ginger replied with a half smirk. Swearing was quite honestly a huge part of who she was. "Okay, I get that. But what if said person isn't deserving of kindness?" She asked non chalantly, as if she wasn't asking about her in particular.

"You don't know me, or where I came from. Shit you don't even know what I might have done." This was not how you got to stay in a house, in warmth, without being tossed outside in that cold.

Ginger felt rather conflicted. She wasn't that snarky human being she used to be back in Bailey Downs and she wasn't that snarky human slowly shifting into a wolf either. A second chance that was as rare as Ginger saying please and thank you. "I'm not used to kindness from strangers. Or people I know for that matter." Her way of an explanation or apology? Ginger turned, her hands curled around clothing she had been given to wear, and stalking towards his bathroom in order to change.

Getting out of her wet clothing, she set them aside while drying herself off. Next she slipped into those borrowed garments, feeling much warmer now that she wasn't in frozen clothes.

Her stomach rumbled as she walked out and paused behind him. "Beef stew is fine. I'm not gonna complain about food." Her voice was much quieter with none of her usual snark.

Oh yea, she would be staying away from alcohol. Instead she grabbed a soda. "Thanks. I-" Ginger had trouble finding words and instead broke off and fell into silence.

Johnny Blaze likes this.
  10. Johnny Blaze

Ghost Rider//Mechanic
    Race:
    (Super)human
    Johnny smiled slightly as she didn’t necessarily… blame the dog for being skittish. He was glad, honestly. People shouldn’t hate on dogs for being dogs. And just cause the dog was skittish around you didn’t mean they didn’t like you. Dog’s were sometimes just… naturally skittish around folk they didn’t live with. And Johnny was sure that was the reason, and had nothing to do with her being anything but a normal aggressively sassy teenaged girl.

The older man shrugged as she insisted, with a lot of expletives, that she was just fine with bad language. ”Getting raised in Texas means I gotta at least apologize for my bad language.” He pointed out with a slight laugh, ”You on the meanwhile can say whatever yah please.” Judging by the look of her she was either an east coast or a west coast kid. Probably from some nice suburbia town somewhere, mom would probably just take away her phone if she cussed. Meanwhile Johnny was dragged about the ear, face stuck in a sink, with a bar of soap being rubbed across his tongue if he parroted the bad language of his stepfather.

The injustice of a kid raised in the 60s and 70s in the Bible Belt Buckle of the south.

He didn’t really notice her question being anything odd: about deserving things. ”Ain’t about what you deserve.” He pointed out, checking the dog’s water dish with a glance to see it was still full. He’d have to drop some food in her bowl when they were eating. Though knowing Anne she’d ignore it to try to see if someone would throw her something. ”It’s about what yah need. If we all just helped each other out once in a while maybe we wouldn’t be so dang wicked to each other in the first place.” Yah and peace on earth would happen. Or some other shit.

He smiled slightly at her when she insisted she wasn’t used to this, sticking his hands in his pockets and shrugging. ”You must have shi-crap acquaintances.” He pointed out, ”If none of them would even offer you a place to stay during a blizzard.”

Speaking of: the wind was really starting to pick up outside. The lights flickered slightly as Johnny noticed, though the older man didn’t look too concerned. ”There’s a backup generator in the basement.” He explained, making his way to the living room, ”Though a fire might help.” There were always candles too. And flash lights. Like most mechanics, he had plenty to work with.

With the fire started, and Ginger grabbing a soda from the fridge, he took out two bowls and started ladling one full of beef stew. He handed the bowel with a large spoon in it to her, ”Your welcome.” He stated, simple, absolutely no explanation necessary. He gestured to the little table. ”Go ahead and get eating before it gets cold.”

Johnny meanwhile, went and scooped some dog food into Anne’s bowl, the dog clearly torn between eating her actual food, and shooting begging eyes at the stranger that she was clearly still skittish around. He chuckled and scratched behind the dog’s ears affectionately, before ladling his own stew into his bowl, and grabbing a bottle of beer from the fridge. Joining his guest at the table, and tucking into the stew himself.

11. [​IMG]
    Not quite. Her mom would fret and remind her about her language while giving her father a pointed look as if to ask him for backup. Never really worked and so her mom simply ended up letting it go. Ginger honestly felt so out of place in their family. For one she seemed to be the only outspoken brat of the lot - she didn't take after either parent whereas B took after their mother in mild meek manners.

"Born and raised in Canada. Mom didn't give two shits about me swearing. Well not enough to stop me." Overbearing and meek and Ginger had hated her for bringing her into this godforsaken world. The sixteen year old wouldn't admit to anyone that she actually missed her mom. She may not want to turn out like her or be over-protected but she did miss her.

Johnny was not exactly an adult she was used to being around. Most would try and claim she deserved it without knowing her story. His was much more smart and on the money. Not what she deserved but what she needed. She needed somewhere safe and warm and dry. "Good point. But you know most don't go with the mindset of what people need. They focus too much on their own needs and not anyone else." See, she did pay attention to her surroundings despite pretending otherwise. Her younger sister would be so proud. Or possibly ready to roll her eyes.

"I've only met one other while being here." Ginger shrugged. The woman had been a werewolf and had been the reason why Ginger was a human being and not still trapped in her wolf form. "I try to avoid people as much as possible. Most are just the epitome of boring culture with no class and no imagination." At least those in her world had been. Couldn't even appreciate their death art, instead calling them deeply disturbed and to see a counselor. Like that would ever help. Fuckers.

Lights flickered due to the weather conditions outside and all Ginger had to say was a sarcastic, spooky. She wasn't scared and didn't give two shits if the power went out. Was she worried about this stranger deciding to attack her if that happened? No. Because there was no fucking way a guy like him would assault her during the darkness or take advantage of her. Look at her, actually trusting someone that wasn't her sister.

As she sat down on the chair, Ginger stared at the stew and then picked up her spoon before digging in. She could feel eyes upon her as she ate and tried to ignore it. The food was hot and it began to fill the hole in her belly that only hunger could accomplish. "Can I?" Ginger asked. Could she give a piece of the meat to Anne that was, not wanting to do so in case there were rules against it.

Johnny Blaze likes this.