HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Fight or Mercy?

Discussion in 'Tower Hill' started by Asgore Dreemurr, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Asgore Dreemurr

Asgore Dreemurr Undertale

Race:
    Boss Monster
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    May 20th
    He was unsure how long it had been since he blacked out, but when Asgore regained his consciousness, he found himself in the middle of a street. It was confusing, but not as confusing as when he glanced at his surroundings and saw a bunch of humans standing there, looking at him with confusion and/or worry, some even backing off once they noticed he had woken up.

Asgore began standing up but found himself unable to get on his feet and instead remained on his knees, being reminded of the wounds he suffered at the hands of that human child, who carried with themselves a worn dagger that was meant to be used for gardening. Ironic that one of his own tools had been used against him in a fight, but that wasn't the important thing at the moment.

The monster king looked at the crowd surrounding him, wincing in pain from his injuries. He knew he would live, but it was painful nonetheless and being surrounded by humans didn't give him much confidence in his survival. He knew very well what had happened with his son and, in this state, he was in no position to fight back if they decided to attack him. He was completely at their mercy and yet, for the most part, the humans were doing nothing.

"What is that?" He heard one of the humans whisper to another.

"I dunno, some goat or whatever."

"It's so big!"

"Is it hurt?"

"Is it aggressive?"

The whispers from the crowd were varied in tone, but if there was one thing that they all shared was curiosity. Asgore knew humans would find his appearance intimidating, being almost 3 meters tall and having a rather stout physique, which was further reason for him to be concerned about his safety around them. Yet, for the moment they seemed to be merely cautiously curious about him.

This would be the time for him to say something, but Asgore was so confused about everything that all he could muster was a weak groan of pain.

Makoto Niijima likes this.
  2. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Library Cataloger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Makoto technically didn't have any business being in Tower Hill, but she kept stopping on her way home to look at the multiple important buildings clustered together. She hasn't stepped into any of them yet, but she was thinking about it. Not to do anything terrible, of course. Being a Phantom Thief didn't mean she wanted to sabotage or disrupt the government's normal functions. It had taken a long while, but she was finally considering trying to join the City Watch.

Today's visit was different, however. When she passed by on her motorcycle, a small crowd was watching something, and she stopped to investigate it. What were they whispering about? Makoto parked her bike and got close enough to see what they were gathered around. It was...a giant goatman. A goatman wearing a crown, armor, and cape. Such a strange sight would have thrown her off only a few months ago, but here, a creature like this was more commonplace. Besides, the most important detail was that he was hurt.

"Hey, give him some space!" Makoto said, raising her voice enough to get their attention. Even here, people would rather stop and stare than help people. Honestly... "Are you alright?" she asked him. Despite the goatman being over twice her own height, Makoto tried to get his arm over her shoulder to help him stand up.

Asgore Dreemurr likes this.
  3. Asgore Dreemurr

Race:
    Boss Monster
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    A voice cut through all of the others and it was that of a young girl. She didn't hesitate to approach him and even tried to help him stand up, though, of course, her small stature compared to him combined with him being a rather heavy monster meant that her help wasn't amounting to much in that scenario. The thought was still very much appreciated though.

"Thank you, but I am afraid this old man might be a little too big and heavy for you." He finally spoke, his deep voice sounding tired and a little weak, still, he managed to let out a chuckle. "I am alright, I just need some time to rest."

Glancing at his surroundings again, the crowd seemed to be slowly dispersing. Perhaps they had grown tired of simply watching him. Asgore was fine with that, it was better than being attacked, definitely. Now that his safety was a little more ensured, his mind was drifting towards other important subjects.

"Um... Excuse me but, where am I?" He asked the girl who had come to help him, his expression being full of confusion and curiosity.

4. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Library Cataloger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Makoto was giving it her all trying to support his weight, but Asgore was right about him being too big for her. She was barely making any progress with his arm, let alone his entire body. Well that was a little embarrassing. She gave up and took a step back, but she was still concerned. Just where had he gotten those injuries?

"...If you're sure about it," she said, still red faced from the lifting she'd done. The people had lost interest and were leaving now, so maybe once everyone was done, she could try healing him with Anat. Or maybe a hospital would be a better, less risky idea. She just didn't want anyone to catch her in the act of using "magic". "You're in Pandora Town, the biggest city in the entire area of Pandora. Did you...just show up here, Sir?"

5. Asgore Dreemurr

Race:
    Boss Monster
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Asgore had to respect her dedication, even though what she tried to do didn't get any results, it was still an admirable display of kindness towards another. it did seem to tire her out significantly though, so perhaps this wasn't the best approach. Oh well, it looked like she was going to need some rest herself now.

"The last thing I remember before finding myself here was..." He briefly paused, his expression falling a little. He couldn't mention that he was trying to kill and take the soul of a child, so he decided to go with something less revealing. "... being in my castle, in the Underground." He looked up at the sky and the fact that there even was one above him in the first place was very telling on its own. "This is certainly not the Underground."

He looked back at the young lass, realizing that he still didn't know her name, nor had he introduced himself. Golly, he must have been really out of it to be so rude towards such a kind soul.

"My name is Asgore Dreemurr, it is very nice to meet you, young lady.
    " He gave her a warm, almost fatherly smile that contrasted heavily with his melancholic expression from earlier.

#5 Asgore Dreemurr, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  6. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Library Cataloger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    The Underground. The only place in Pandora that could fit a deception like that was Morhall and its many tunnels, but if his castle was there, he would have just said that outright. It was an odd place to want to live and have a castle at. Makoto would have thought that a goat king (was he even a king?) would live on top of a big mountain, not below the surface. At that still didn't explain how he was hurt, but maybe that wasn't important now.

She wasn't sure if 'Dreamer' was his actual last name or if it just happened to sound like that, but it was certainly unique. His smile knocked her off guard for a few seconds. He gave off a strange, yet familiar sense of calm. It was nostalgic in a way, like finding a stuffed toy from your childhood after it's been lost for a few years. She didn't know much Asgore, but she could tell that he wasn't anything close to a threat. So why was she having a hard time remembering what she wanted to say?

"I... it's nice to meet you too. I'm Makoto Niijima," she said, unable to help smiling back at him. "I'm, uh... sorry to say this, but I don't think you'll be back in your castle anytime soon. See, everyone here was taken from where they lived before and ended up in Pandora. Some people disappear again, but there's no way to predict or cause it to happen again. People just sort of make new lives here and hope for the best."

7. Asgore Dreemurr

Race:
    Boss Monster
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Makoto Njima... What a different name she had. Asgore couldn't remember any humans that had names quite like that in his time on the surface, but then again, it had been so long that he had forgotten all but a few important names. He repeated her name in his head a few times, trying to get it to stick so he wouldn't forget it later.

The words that came out of her mouth afterward, however, left Asgore in wide-eyed shock. Yet... he didn't feel as bad about it as he would have otherwise. While this did mean that he was trapped away from his people, it was also true that just moments before his arrival in this new world he was ready to take his own life to allow that poor child to leave their prison. One way or another, the monsters would have lost their king and perhaps they would be able to find a replacement for him. Maybe Toriel would finally return now that he was out of the way, after all, she played just as much of a role in ruling the kingdom as he did, surely she would be a good leader on her own.

"I... I see..." Asgore's gaze became unfocused as he looked towards the ground, lost in his thought for a moment before looking back at Makoto. "Thank you for telling me. I suppose I should..."

He then tried to stand up again, only to feel a surge of pain that forced him back down, his eyes wincing and he let out a pained groan. Golly, being slashed with a dagger sure hurt a lot, even if it was coming from a child.

8. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Library Cataloger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    It was hard enough to see someone who was clearly injured and not help them, but Asgore couldn't even stand up without feeling pain. That was enough to make up her mind. Risky or not, she was going to try and heal him. It'd be impossible to get him to the hospital in his condition, since she couldn't lift him either, so there weren't many choices left.

"Wait! You should hold still, okay?" Makoto said, looking around them. The street was empty. This was as quiet as it was going to get before someone from the City Watch investigated the rumors that were probably spreading about Asgore now. "Just give me... a few seconds." Her eyes closed, and her breathing slowed down. She'd been practicing with her Persona in the real world for a few months now, so she was sure she could summon it for long enough to get something done.

It was harder to see in broad daylight, but a faint blue aura of flames outlined her, and then invisible chains rattled. A translucent, flickering horned figure about as tall as Asgore appeared behind Makoto, its glowing yellow eyes watching the goat monster. It held out a sharp-fingered, metallic hand, and a light green energy wrapped around Asgore for a few seconds, closing his wounds. As soon as the Diarahan spell finished, Anat disappeared, and Makoto sat down on the ground with a sigh.

"...Don't tell anyone I did that," she said, somehow even more tired than she was before.

9. Asgore Dreemurr

Race:
    Boss Monster
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Asgore didn't understand what Makoto was planning, but it didn't take long before she began demonstrating something he definitely wasn't expecting from her. He could hear the sound of chains rattling and suddenly he saw a strange horned figure behind her and then it reached with its hand towards him and Asgore could see his body glowing green and the pain fading. Once the effect of the magic ended, the creature behind Makoto disappeared immediately.

When Asgore tried to stand up this time, he didn't feel anything. He had been fully healed and he couldn't believe the method used to do so. He dusted himself a little and then looked down at Makoto, who was now even more tired and sitting on the ground, asking him to not tell anyone about what she just did.

"You have my word." He reassured her with a big smile. "Golly, I have never seen magic like that before! Humans are so creative!"

He didn't know why exactly she wanted to keep her abilities secret, but he found no reason to go against her wishes. Instead, Asgore felt that it was his time to give her some help, after all, she looked so tired that she wouldn't be capable of going home by herself.

"Here, let me help you in return."

Makoto was a fairly small girl, probably reached at around his waist, so she would be easy enough to carry around. Asgore reached got closer to her and picked her up with nearly no effort on his part, almost as if he was picking up a baby.

"Since you have been so kind, allow me to bring you back to your home so you can rest." He looked at her, still having the same grateful smile on his face.

#9 Asgore Dreemurr, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  10. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Library Cataloger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "I... I guess creative is one way of putting it." That certainly wasn't the reaction she was expecting, but it wasn't a bad one. Before she knew it, Makoto was scooped up by Asgore, unable to put up much resistance.

"W-wait hold on!" She wasn't scared, but being carried around in public was kind of humiliating in a way. And he didn't even struggle to carry her. "I can"- She was about to claim that she could walk fine, but she didn't think it'd be safe to try to drive home like this. "...Ah, never-mind. I'd rather not leave my motorcycle out in the open though, someone could take it," she said with a sigh, looking over at it. Maybe she could text someone to get it for her?

11. Asgore Dreemurr

Race:
    Boss Monster
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Makoto opposed his idea of bringing her back home himself, but it looked like she didn't mind it in the end. Maybe he had startled her by lifting her off the ground like, he should have given her more warning or ask first. Well, before he could even apologize for it, Makoto talked about something called a motorcycle and looked over to a vehicle of sorts, saying that she couldn't leave it behind or else someone could steal it. That would certainly be a problem.

"Oh, do not worry, I can bring both of you back." He reassured her, then shifting her weight all to one arm and grabbing the motorcycle by the handle with his free hand. It had wheels, so it wasn't going to be a problem to drag it around. "See?" He chuckled.

Holding her entire weight in just one arm wasn't exactly easy. Even someone as strong as he was would have a little trouble with it, but it was still nothing severe and he didn't have to make too much of an effort to keep Makoto there.

"Just tell me where to go and I will bring you there." He looked at the street ahead of him, having no idea of how to even begin navigating through this town. "In the meantime, could you tell me more about this world?" He requested, turning to face her on his arm.

12. Makoto Niijima

Makoto Niijima Persona

Library Cataloger
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Oh wow..." she said, watching as he just dragged her bike alongside them. Wheels or not, that was a pretty heavy machine. "I, uh... I live in the Westcourt area, down that street." Makoto pointed in the direction of her apartment. Right, information, she could do that...

"We're in Tower Hill right now, the government district. This whole city is called Pandora Town, and it's the largest settlement on this continent. There are a few other established towns, but they're pretty spread out. We have buses and these magic mirrors that help move people around too, but a lot of Pandora is wilderness." Or at least that was what she personally knew.