By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Winter is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Filling the frame

Discussion in 'Pandopolis City' started by Kanami Mashita, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Kanami Mashita

Kanami Mashita Persona

Professional Idol
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    June 21, Year 108
    @Prompto Argentum

Photo shoots were a pretty common part of idol life and Kanami had already had a couple for her premiere and the tour posters- but those had been smaller, at the agency with the green screen background and basic costumes. Today's shoot was much bigger though; it had been arranged soon after she'd been hired for more varieties of promotional materials. Fans liked to collect things and while Kanami wasn't always sure why they would care about having more photos a lot of the ones she'd met genuinely seemed fond of all of the things. If it made other people happy, kept the agency working and was as fun as most photo shoots were, she didn't see any reason to complain.

She wasn't sure how the agency managed to get the leisure center and pool but it seemed that they had managed it, and a smaller crew had come in early to get Kanami ready and a producer explained the plan. She'd smiled and eaten her breakfast, let them dress her and done her makeup, and then headed out in her first outfit to meet the photographer at the site of the first shoot of the day. The producer had ducked off to get another coffee and a bottle of water for her, which left the idol to her own devices for a moment. Which was fine. This gave her a chance to look around and think positive about the afternoon's work.

This was going to be fine. Whoever was taking the pictures was going to be nice and absolutely not tell her to suck in her stomach or contort underwater or anything. But if they were mean, or they did ask a lot of her despite her optimistic views, she could do it. After all, she'd managed everything before. They weren't going to let her drown or break any bones so everything would be okay in the end!

Looking around, she spotted a figure near a camera case and walked over toward him, smiling brightly and standing off to the side a little as she watched him work, trying not to interrupt. Was that creepy? Wow, it was hard with new people sometimes.. But after a moment she decided to take her chances. Better than staying here and seeming too weird, right? "Hello. I hope I'm not interrupting, but I thought I should introduce myself," she said cheerfully, offering a small, polite bow, and then her hand to shake. "I'm Kanami Mashita. It's so nice to meet you!"

Prompto Argentum likes this.
  2. Prompto Argentum

Prompto Argentum Final Fantasy
    Chocobro

unemployed af
    Race:
    Human(ish)
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Things in Pandora seemed to sorta...go in waves. Either everything was awesome, or everything wasn't. Prob had something to do with his headspace. But...still. Technically not much bad was happening at the moment, but he had basically been in a funk since mid-May. The armbands covering the tattoo on his wrist gave away as much. Not...that it would mean that to any normal person. Fit his funky style, after all. Which...was the idea. There was a time when he was relaxing into himself a bit more. Letting the barcode sit out in the open for anyone to see. Prompto even got a few questions about it, and was able to handle answering it. Vaguely, but still answered it.

But then shit got weird and his headspace got sticky.

Career wise at least, he was rocking it. The thought not lost on him as he sat by his camera case - dusting his lens with one of those little blowy brushies - eyes taking in the natural lighting of the pool place. He was here to take a picture of some celeb. Sort of a friend of a friend of a something-something got him in this room.

Didn't...super feel like he earned it, but apparently his resume with the Times was enough to impress these people after getting his name in with them.

So there was that at least.

Hearing a voice right next to him, Prompto jumped and glanced up at a cutie-patootie of a person. Prob the subject in question. He had seen some of her posters around - idly aware of her playing at the Gold Saucer and having some sort of tour.

Man, he really was actually making it as a photographer, huh?

"Oh! Hey-hey!" he smiled at her bow - pushing himself to his feet after throwing the camera strap onto his shoulder so he could shake her hand properly, "Uh...I know you're like...super famous and all. What do you like want me to call you, dude? Kanami? Kanamin? Mashita? Your Highness?" the last one was a joke, but he would have done it without question.

As someone who came from a world with royalty, he wasn't one to question it even once.

"And..right, I should probably say my name huh?" he scratched his neck, "I'm Prompto, and I'm gonna be taking a bunch of pics of ya today! I gotta ask though - is there any stuff you really wanna do? Cuz like...I have ideas of course, but I don't wanna rob you of cool things you wanna do with water and shi--stuff," don't swear around the famous person, "We'll prob start with like...on-land things then do some stuff in the water if you're cool with that - your producer doesn't threaten my life. Can your makeup and stuff get wet or is it gonna be like...squirt bottles? Sorry...I get chatty when I'm excited."

Kanami Mashita likes this.
  3. Kanami Mashita

Kanami Mashita Persona

Professional Idol
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

Oh, he was not nearly as quiet and brusque as she had expected! A lot of those types seemed to work in the idol sector back home, since they could be counted on not to say too much, or to hit on the girls or the producers and stuff- at least that was her guess. It was sort of refreshing to see someone who was both talkative and friendly, and while she was a terrible judge of character sometimes she had a feeling this one was pretty nice.

Nodding slightly and making a mental note of his name so she wouldn't forget, not ever, she flushed and her smile brightened a little. "You can call me whatever's easiest for you, Prompto-san! Welllll.. Maybe not 'Your Highness', I'm not that formal, or that fancy, hahaha," she added, trailing off a little more sheepishly at the last part. Imagine someone like her, being seen as that regal! Maybe with Risette, but definitely not Kanamin- or Kanami either, when you got down to it. "But it's so nice of you to ask."

There was a lingering pause and she tried to think for a moment- what was the other topic..? Oh! Right, the actual photography stuff that he probably cared a lot more about than the name thing. "Right! The pictures.. I'm pretty sure we usually do stuff outside the water, or right on the edge, and then we do the waterwork- something about the swimsuit? There may be some costume changes too. I trust you, because you know a lot more about photography than I do, so whatever you want to do is good by me. The makeup should be fine.. Oh, there's props too. If you want to use any." She gestured toward a box against the side of the wall that cut off the pool area from the snack bar. In it, a lot of different pool toys stuck out, and right next to it was a cooler filled with drinks, popsicles and other hot-weather snacks. "And the drinks! Would you like something?"

4. Prompto Argentum

Chocobro

unemployed af
    Race:
    Human(ish)
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Ah! She was so nice.

"Listen - I know you're joking dude but my bff is like...actually super duper royal and homeboy literally had mismatched boots for an entire road trip without realizing it. Fancy has nothin' to do with it," he laughed, remembering the day in the tent when he actually took a close look at Noct's boots for whatever reason, and realized...they weren't the same one. Really-really close. But genuinely different. Was it style? Or was he a mess?

Never sure with Noct, honestly.

"Think I'm gonna go with Kanami if that's alright. Has anyone told you that your name is super fun to say?" he smiled, knowing he was over-stepping a bit - but she seemed about as friendly and bouncy as he was. Hopefully her producer wouldn't appear and be like STOP FLIRTING WITH THE TALENT even if he was genuinely just making a comment. It was like his tongue was bouncing around his mouth when he spoke her name.

Kuh
    Nah
    Meeeeeeeeee

For once Prompto was quiet - letting her explain the process, before she offered him a drink.

"Think I'm good at the mo'," he smiled, "But thank you! Pretty sure your producer would break through the wall and be like DON'T MAKE HER GIVE YOU DRINKS if you handed me anything at this exact moment. I can already feel the yelling," he clenched his fist dramatically and made a stoic-ish expression, "But yeah! We should def start with dry-land stuff, then get--" don't be weird with phrasing, "....Then do the water stuff," he censored himself, "I feel like you've done these a bunch before - you seem super familiar with the process. Were you an idol back home, too?"

5. Kanami Mashita

Kanami Mashita Persona

Professional Idol
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

He knew someone who was royalty? That seemed to make him more worthy to be called something like 'highness' than she was, at least as far as Kanami was concerned. The story legitimately kept her attention and her eyes widened at the inner workings of someone who was born to be someone important, but the smile didn't leave though. Somehow this just made things better, that people really were just people, even in terms of birthright. Maybe that was something kings got to do; not worry about the details. He certainly knew more about royals than she did!

Oooh, he was really interesting too! She'd never heard someone mention her name like that before. Was it fun to say? She followed his mouth movements and tried to imagine she hadn't heard it a thousand times, or said it nearly that many. There was almost a smile at the end of it.. "I think I get it!" she said, smiling brightly again as understanding spread over her features. "Oooh, here's another fun one. 'Kirimi'. Or 'lalapalooza'." They'd used the last one in vocal exercises when she was learning to sing in English and it had always stuck with her.

As he continued her brow furrowed a little and she voiced the first note of a protest- that surely if it was what she wanted to do, the producer couldn't be that mad, or the director either. "I.. but-" Maybe if she had a more argumentative nature she would have continued it. But there was a hair of a chance that he was right, or that he was just declining this way to be polite, or that everyone else knew something she didn't, so she just laughed nervously and nodded. It was better this way. And she could always ask later, if it looked like he needed it! Never too late to do a good thing. "Welllll.. I was a junior idol back in Tokyo, yes! I'm really lucky that they let me be one here too, and that it's not too different from what I was doing back there, hahaha."

Glancing back over at the camera equipment, then back to him, she ignored the sounds of other crew members arriving. "Is there anything special that you want to take pictures of though? You probably know what looks better on camera and I want to do my best."

6. Prompto Argentum

Chocobro

unemployed af
    Race:
    Human(ish)
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    And here he half expected her to make fun of him for finding her name fun to say. Yet here she was giving him more fun words. Kay - this was a cool chick. Not uptight and didn't see him as the 'help'. Just someone having fun with her work, and excited to be here. It was nice, honestly. With the people he lived with, he sometimes forgot people could...be like this. Which sounded weird and mean to them - but like...forreal. He split a freaking bedroom with someone who showed the emotional capacity of a soap-dish. Which was mean to say about Noct, but whatevah.

"Kirimi," he tested, "Lala...palooozaaaaaaaaaa," Prompto found himself laughing, but wasn't really sure why. Just felt good in his mouth, "Dang, dude. You get what I mean! It's like a weird hug for your mouth. Your tongue doing a backflip. I dunno how to describe it. Glad I'm not alone with fun words at least," he shrugged - blanking out on anything else fun to say.

Prompto felt a bit bad for turning down the drink offer. But honestly it was prob for the best for both of their happiness-levels. People got weird about this sort of thing, and he really-really-really wasn't in the mood to be yelled at, at the mo'. It had been just over a month since the Big Split, but he still kinda just felt like a cranky baby. Not really in a bad mood, just like he'd probably cry really easily if anyone got mad at him about anything ever. And after they clicked off some pics? Hell yeah he'd accept a drink. Kanami seemed pretty cool - and he wouldn't mind actually making a friend outta this gig.

"Ah dude! That's so cool. I mean...talent is talent, so not super-duper surprising that you're getting back into something you prob rocked at back home," Prompto reasoned, with a shrug, "Most of my friends sort of did like...world-specific stuff so they're sorta at a loss here. It's honestly hilarious, since I was the only real pleb in the squad."

At the question on what he wanted to take a picture of, Prompto paused - glancing up as other peeps came in. What did he want?

"Honestly, when water's involved I wanna do stuff like...with hair underwater if that makes sense. Like you underwater looking up, with your hair going like swoosh. I honestly just think underwater stuff is cool. Also reflections. Getting you like on the poolside with your hand over the water and lighting it so it's got like a perfect reflect. Then we could gently boop the water so it has a slight ripple? That sounds cool," he was rambling, "Ah, sorry. Just excited."

7. Kanami Mashita

Kanami Mashita Persona

Professional Idol
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

Her smile widened as he tried out the words and she found herself silently mouthing them along, though she realized quickly and covered her mouth with a bit of an embarrassed squeak. Why was she such a nerd?! She quickly dropped her hand shock as he kept talking though. Oh! He thought it was fun and liked it, so it must be okay, right? At least the producer wasn't there to see her acting like a weirdo. Not that they didn't know already but she was always a little worried that the one last bit of oddness was the one that would lose her this job. Even if she was doing well.

This was the first time Kanami had met someone who wasn't from Earth, or some other future world that was a lot like it and she listened very attentively as Prompto talked about his friends. He didn't say a lot but there were a few things that made it sound like they were from a very different kind of place. And what was a plebe? "What kind of world are you from? It sounds almost like a fantasy story, with noble quests!" she said in a rush of words, then hesitated before nodding and smiling more abashedly. After all, maybe he was just from England or something. She would sound very silly if that was the case. "I mean, it sounds very interesting."

The fact that he was as enthusiastic about his own job helped to keep her from being absolutely sure she'd ruined things and she nodded, taking in what he was saying and bringing a hand to her hair unconsciously. Was the wig water-safe? They couldn't have overlooked that, right? "I like those pictures, they sound really nifty-" she said as the producer started to step out, giving the pair of them a polite but slightly wary look. Kanami had no idea why- had she talked too long? She gave them a wave and then turned back toward Prompto. "That's the producer, if you need to talk to them. I'm going to go grab a beach ball." And she started to politely back away so they could talk business.

There was a reason for the ball. A ripples-based idea that would fit the Kanamin brand really well, if it worked.

8. Prompto Argentum

Chocobro

unemployed af
    Race:
    Human(ish)
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    "You're...actually not too far off, dude," he admitted, scratching his neck, "World's called Eos - which apparently is not the common one. Most people talking about Earth or whatever. We had nobility and junk. My best friend is actually the King of where I used to live," but not where he was from, "So basically think...generic fantasy stuff, but with cell phones. About sums up my world."

A shrug, before things got down to business. Enter: Producer. He, of course, was giving Prompto a look for getting comfy with the talent. Probably have something threatened as soon as she was out of ear-shot. Or maybe in. He didn't know the guy's management style.

"I super do. You grab that beachball. I'll just be a sec."

Words with the producer were quick. He outlined what he wanted to do - and explained why he was talking to Kanami at all; cuz of course that came up. Before long, lights were being scooted into place, and it was about time to get this thing going.

ooc: fin??? Not sure if you wanna write out the shoot or not D;