HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private first steps

Discussion in 'Horizon' started by Rey, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Rey

Rey Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    27th January
    @Ahsoka Tano

It was early in the morning. Rey had gone out on her own to start work; she worked better in this kind of way on her own, and she wanted it done before the sun got too hot and high in the sky. Horizon was surely a desert land and lived up to all expectations which might be associated with that. She had managed to get a mask, not unlike the one which she had once owned on Jakku which meant that she had been able to go out into the desert without nearly blinding herself.

She had gathered up some scrap metal she had found from a crashed ship not far away. It wasn't technology she was used to; it seemed a lot more basic than anything she had seen before, but it was metal, so she was sure she'd trade it for something in Horizon. She needed the basics, like a pot or something similar. At the moment, her living conditions were rudimentary.

Having dragged most of the metal to the edge of the desert, Rey took out her flask and took a sip of water. She'd have to fill that up soon, and make sure they had water back in camp. There really was a lot to do. As she stopped, she took the lightsaber from her belt and clicked it into action. The soft, gentle humming lit up the area and Rey couldn't stop herself from smiling for a moment. There'd be time to train later, once she'd got some food to put on the table that night.

#1 Rey, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Ahsoka Tano likes this.
  2. Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano Star Wars

Caravan Protector
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Togruta
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Ahsoka had been doing her job - making sure traders were safe and protected from bandits. But something had been feeling off on that January Day... She sensed someone she thought she'd never see again. Someone who was supposed to be dead. "Anakin!" She whispered to herself. She had began sprinting, and followed the small echo that had cried out through the Force.

After a few minutes of running, Ahsoka looked around. The faint echo had turned into a scream, calling out to her. Just like when she had reunited with Padmé, the Togruta had remembered her old Master once again. Memories ran through her brain, most of them including a time she'd fought alongside him. She approached the area where she had felt was where the Force had called her to... Only to see a girl. With Anakin's Lightsaber, no less.

"That Lightsaber. A pretty nifty treasure to you, isn't it?" Ahsoka had found herself confronting the girl. "Bet you've had to fight a pretty strong person..." By then, the ex-Jedi had even assured she spoke loud enough for people nearby could hear their conversation. She had sensed that the Lightsaber had been through some sort of fight. The weapon of the Chosen One had a strange bond with the girl. At that point, Ahsoka had started to believe Rey had done something to Anakin.

"I could just keep dancing around the subject... But that Lightsaber has called me. I have no idea how you got it, but it's not yours. It belongs to me." Ahsoka had changed from being sarcastic to violent as if she were a switch. Her hands had found themselves ready to grab her Lightsabers if the girl attacked. "I am Ahsoka Tano - former Padawan to the man who built that. I'd love to know the story of why you would have it."
    @Rey

#2 Ahsoka Tano, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Rey likes this.
  3. Rey

Rey Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey knew she'd have to move soon. The sun was high in the sky and her flask didn't have much water left in it. She ran her hand along her side; it was still heavily bandaged but it was healing. The area was still heavily bruised and there were scabs on her arms. However, she hadn't bled out and she was feeling healthier and stronger. She had to be; Ben wasn't here to help her anymore so she had to do everything by herself for now. She didn't want to stay in Horizon forever, but it would have to do for now. She didn't have the strength or the money to move yet.

She clicked off the lightsaber just after the woman approached her. Rey stood up, one hand holding her side. Her face was one of shock. She hadn't been expecting this, and she held onto the lightsaber protectively. It wasn't that woman's at all; if anything it was Luke's, but he didn't want it. He'd thrown it off a cliff the last time she'd tried to give it to him. She'd taken that to mean he didn't want it, so she'd used it to train. She was a Jedi after all. "I don't know what you're talking about." Rey said sharply, clinging onto the lightsaber.

"The lightsaber called out to me a while ago; I didn't take it from anyone." She'd gone on the defensive immediately. Rey could see the anger radiating off the woman, but she had no idea what her problem was, as from Rey's point of view, the lightsaber had spoken to her, and as Luke didn't want it, it was hers.

Ahsoka Tano likes this.
  4. Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano Star Wars

Caravan Protector
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Togruta
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "The Lightsaber called to you? But, wait - you leave me to believe you took this weapon from the Jedi Temple on Coruscant? The Emperor had that place under close security detail, according to Bail..." Ahsoka slipped her tongue, a hand had found itself over her mouth. She looked again at the hilt of "Anakin's Weapon". Her head had started pounding. The Force had sent the Togruta feelings pain, sorrow, and suffering. As if it was some performance, she immediately dropped. The Luke Skywalker that had been in Pandora longer than her... The man she refused to even acknowledge due to feeling of parts of Padmé and Anakin in him...

He had something to do with the Lightsaber. Before she could even react, images had popped up in her mind,with faint voices. Screams of Jedi being slaughtered by a hooded figure. And then it clashed against Obi-Wan's own saber. She felt Anakin nearly face death, with a somber final lecture from Obi-Wan. On... Destroying the Sith, not joining them. Her image of the deformed Anakin would stand as the Vader figure - with a younger Luke wielding the weapon. Ahsoka had even heard Luke's screaming after he learned Darth Vader wasn't just Anakin's killer, but the Chosen One himself.

She then saw a figure who wore black robes like Vader had, as he and what looked like a more inexperienced Rey as she had shattered the defenses of the man, leaving a nice scar on his face... The vision had quickly switched to a planet that felt more serene... To a planet with a grumpy old man, being given the hilt just tossing it over his shoulder - for Rey to collect it, with her final vision being of how Rey had found it originally - being called and shown visions like Ahsoka had just literally experienced, but with even Obi-Wan and Master Yoda both urging Rey to take it with her. Being Rey's first steps, according to Obi-Wan. Every memory flashed and had felt like an eternity to Ahsoka, but found herself not having even moved yet.

It was the truth. Ahsoka tried to take it all in, but fell to the ground in disbelief and shock. Her Master had been no more than a murderer in her visions. For what had felt like hours of the Force catching Ahsoka up with most of the history behind that Lightsaber being after he time, and even found her guilt in leaving him alone to cope with the Jedi Order... But after she opened her eyes, she noticed it had only been a few seconds, with most people not even paying attention to her and the girl. She had looked at Rey with shock and surprise - fear and anger. Having seen Rey's Force vision herself, she just stared at her in awe, and hoped Rey could answer the millions of questions that Ahsoka had gained.
    @Rey

Rey likes this.
  5. Rey

Rey Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey felt like this was gearing up to be some kind of argument, though she didn't understand the reasons behind it. This was her lightsaber now after all; it had been Luke's but he'd thrown it off the side of a cliff. She'd figured then that he hadn't wanted it and she'd taken it for her own to begin her own training. She stepped back slightly, turning sideways to the woman; holding the side which was bandaged with one hand. Rey really didn't want to fight over this, mainly as she wasn't convinced that it wouldn't rip open her side again.

The woman had fallen silent, then fell physically to the floor, and when she looked back at Rey, she could see all sorts of emotions and she could feel they were all directed towards her. Alarm struck Rey and she held onto the hilt of the lightsaber, turning her knuckles white. However, she could see the need in her eyes and she held out her spare hand to her, so that she could use it to anchor off the ground. "Are you okay?" She asked quietly, having no idea what had just transpired for the other woman in front of her very eyes.

Ahsoka Tano likes this.
  6. Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano Star Wars

Caravan Protector
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Togruta
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Ahsoka had taken a moment to fully regain consciousness. She grabbed Rey's outstretched hand, had gotten back up, and quickly dismissed anyone who had been listening to the conversation. She soon turned back to Rey and even tried to hide a look of self-shame. Ahsoka did have every right to be weary of Rey, but what she'd ultimately done was make a fool of herself. With the visions etched into her memory, she had extended her own hand, and hoped the girl would forgive her.

After Ahsoka had taken a few small breaths, she had felt her anger dwindle. "I am so sorry. Thanks for helping me back up. It's just that your Lightsaber has some history. It was made by a Jedi Knight named Anakin Skywalker... My mentor when I was a Jedi Padawan. So, seeing someone near a trading post with something I thought it could only be in either his own possession or that of the Empire." The Togruta had began her explanation of a more extended history of the Lightsaber, as well as her her Force Vision.. She gave Rey a quick historical synopsis of the Clone Wars, and her sibling-bond she had with Anakin.

"...It's good to know it's in good hands." She smirked. "I hope you can understand and forgive me on that confrontation. It's just, Anakin is nowhere to be found, and for all I knew, he died defending the Jedi Temple. But having seen it's history between when I saw it last and what happened to it before now, I just... Finding out the monster he was for so long..." She looked ashamed of herself, on top of having a depressed facial expression. She took a second and caught up with her regular breathing.

"I'd like to get to know you better, Rey. If the Lightsaber of Anakin Skywalker chose you, and called to me in this weird place, it's probably no coincidence - but, I think this conversation isn't somewhere for the public to hear." She asked. Even if Ahsoka had read the basics of Rey through the Force, she didn't want to intrude her private life without permission.
    @Rey

Rey likes this.
  7. Rey

Rey Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey wasn't altogether sure she trusted the other woman. She wasn't as tuned into the force as she knew she could be; the only person's feelings she'd ever been able to read clearly were Ben's, but that wasn't leading her anywhere at the moment. Aside from their force bond, she hadn't seen him physically in two days.

It was the initial mistrust which made Rey stop for a moment. She had never met another force user before, well, aside from Ben, Snoke and Luke. This was very different to her and she wasn't sure how she should act or what she should do. Rey looked around; it wasn't too busy here, but she supposed that Ahsoka was right, there were some conversations which should not be had out in the open. Rey nodded stiffly, feeling a little overwhelmed at all the information she had just been granted. She knew that the lightsaber had history, but she supposed she hadn't thought about it too much. She hadn't really had time.

Rey was inherently private; Ben was the only person she had opened up to recently, but then, she hadn't had to at the same time. He'd seen her deepest fears and secrets and with him, she'd pulled out a sore point she'd been trying to keep to the dark part of her mind. "It would be nice to know another force user." Rey said steadily, but not in an unfriendly way. She was weary, but polite. She pushed herself up from where she had been perched, her hand covering her bandaged side, keeping everything in place.

Ahsoka Tano likes this.
  8. Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano Star Wars

Caravan Protector
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Togruta
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Ahsoka and her new friend had moved from the busy parts of the market. But Ahsoka just couldn't find words to say. Correction - she DID know what to say, in fact, a LOT of things she had wanted to have spoken with Rey about. "Darth Vader was once a Jedi. Everyone in the days of the Republic admired him as a warrior. Got to the point where he'd meet an odd fan once every few missions." Having started to know maybe explaining and her inevitable apology were going to be the new backbone of the talk, she paused, then had proceeding to start letting in a deep breath.

Inhale, exhale. Just breathe as if she were back at the Jedi Temple, meditating in peace. "Know that I was his student - his Padawan. Loving each other like siblings would be an understatement, relationship-wise. Most of the time, I forgot that he wasn't my actual brother." Needing to let Rey take in the moment, Ahsoka had forced herself to stop talking. Only Rey could lead her to some clue to follow. Probably what had shocked Ahsoka was Rey actually letting her threaten her like Ventress threatened Ahsoka whenever they had clashed Lightsabers. Quitely, not something Ahsoka wished to come off as. Rey had every right to just bolt it.

She looked at Rey, waiting to make sure she got to talk in the conversation. The Lightsaber that had seen so much, at least remaining on Rey's belt was a sign that Ahsoka hadn't repelled her too much. Under current circumstances at that moment, Ahsoka decided to not offer to train with Rey, and maybe even help here understand it a bit more. Venting and preaching about the Force was probably not something the lady needed. Warranted, she'd hoped she could offer to be at least acquaintances in training later.

Xenophobic behavior aside, Ahsoka head leaned onto a post nearby. Yet, Ahsoka's behavior to Rey could've been described as a number of things. Zealous was a good one.
    @Rey (Sorry if this was written weirdly, but Team Pikachu needs more points, so I had to write all my sentences alphabetically.)​

#8 Ahsoka Tano, Feb 19, 2018 at 6:50 PM
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018 at 7:08 PM
    Rey likes this.