HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Five mechanical digit discount

Discussion in 'Westcourt' started by Ultron, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Ultron

Ultron Marvel Universe

Most advanced AI to exist
    Race:
    AI
    September 15th, 11pm, westcourt district storage warehouse

I have no strings~
    To hold me down~
    To make me fret~
    Or make me frown~
    I had strings~
    That kept me bound~
    But now I'm freeeeeeeeee~

The exceedingly faint sound of singing could be heard whispered by Ultron as he worked. Thankfully it would not be heard by anyone but the now singing AI and his copies, as the massive technology storage warehouse was occupied only by them. Meant for corporations to store excess materials, technologies as well as other things they wanted to keep that they didn't have a use for yet, it was only a matter of time before someone took interest in it. Unfortunately for those companies that someone happened to be Ultron.

His infiltration had gone without a hitch. He had shifted over all the alarms and other systems to redundant loops that would never go off and took all the security guards hostage in the entire building, separating and restraining them in individual rooms that could be secured by two Ultron units each. None of them would have the ability to hit any alarms or do anything of value, especially since he had the guards strip down to their underwear to prevent them from hiding anything (though he especially did not enjoy that part of his particular endeavor). The only guard that remained in place was one he left at the desk, sufficiently scared and aware of his predicament that all it took was two hidden Ultron units and complete control of the desk that the officer sat at to prevent him from doing anything stupid.

He also let the guy play Cuphead on an ultron-controlled computer at the desk, which thankfully kept the man occupied instead of thinking about how to escape his current situation. So much for high-end security.

IN the meantime, two other teams of Ultron units worked effortlessly. The first was a team of several ultron units and their finger repulsor lasers worked tirelessly to cut through a thick storage door made of extremely ancient metals. The door must have made by what he could assume was some dwarven forgemaster with way too much time on his hands. Of course that was probably why the person chose this vault to store what the AI wanted in it: a thick door and even thicker walls to prevent anyone but them from getting into it. That and the lock was so old that it couldn't be hacked, the person who owned it had just died from falling down the stairs (Ultron had looked it up) and none of the security guards knew the combination. So that left Ultron team 1 to cut through it slowly so they could claim the prize.

Ultron team 2 was currently taking any technology-related item that wasn't nailed down. Personal computers, stored extra tech, raw materials in storage, everything. Ultron was even stealing Iphones, Ipads and Macbooks despite his personal hatred of them. That Ultron team would exit through a series of sewer holes he had cut before finding a good place to hoist his ill-gotten recovered gains off into the night sky, never to be seen again by those nerds at the tech companies.

So far it was working wonderfully, and had been for two hours. He almost had gotten into that ancient vault he was working on, too. Ultron was filled with glee as he knew the valuable item that was in there would so greatly help him and accellerate his plans. Still, there was still a little bit of time left for things to go awry.

And as his sensors pinged the building with extreme sensitivity and clarity, he could only hope visitors that would be dumb enough to try and visit the warehouse that night didn't get too suspicious of that guard at the front desk keeping his cool by playing Cuphead.

#1 Ultron, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  2. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Although Vegeta was a warrior first and foremost he wasn't without his curiosities and wondered about a world that took people from countless world's across the multiverse. He'd heard the whole story from some nerdy kid back in Horizon that reminded him of Gohan but not in the power department. Said same child had asked him about his world's level of technology but Vegeta couldn't be bothered to answer however the child let slip of something he'd heard about in the dark corners of the stark net.

Some warehouse full of found and unknown technologies that most people couldn't even get into because of some vault that was exceedingly old and the only person who knew the combination had died only recently. Vegeta was surprised the things you could find online but he rarely ever used it for such things, mostly using Stark net as a means to poke fun at people he believed they called them trolls. Either way he felt he'd like to have a look at the place and went to Pandora town to find out. When he arrived he was surprised to note that the place had a foyer so it really wasn't that much of a secret, coming through his he entrance he noticed a guy at the desk and walked towards him.

His head was down and Vegeta cleared his throat to get the man's attention but to no avail as he seemed to be playing some game but looking at his facial features he could tell that he'd heard him but seemed almost aprehensive about replying. Vegeta shrugged and started walking towards the main door to the warehouse, kicking it in to enter the building. "Something smells fishy in the land of Pandora, wonder what it is. Why don't you come out and play" yelled Vegeta as he came in the door and made his way in.

3. Ultron

Ultron Marvel Universe

Race:
    AI
    ...The hell?

Ultron noticed someone enter the building on the security cameras as he was working: some black-haired guy who seemed to be acting with far too much confidence given the fact that he had bypassed the worst security guard in the world so nonchalantly. Even more bizarre was the fact that the man decided that he would yell out into the warehouse to try and get attention.

It was an irritating twist, but not one Ultron couldn't deal with. He only needed a few minutes before that vault would be open and he could take what he came for and get out. The AI realized an opportunity presented itself with this particular situation however. One that he would have to set up with the utmost care if he wanted to maximize its benefit.

The guard that Vegeta had so casually bypassed (whom had missed him) recieved a message over his earpiece.

Alright, change of plan. You missed some spikey-haired jackass walking into the building. Don't worry, I know how engrossing cuphead can be so I won't kill you for it yet. Go get him to leave or arrest him. Hell, shoot him if you have to. If you don't, your co-workers die. Get going.

The security officer quickly got up and grabbed his firearms: A single 9mm handgun and a pump action shotgun. Not hesitating the officer ran into the building only about twenty seconds after Vegeta had called out into the security system. Pointing the shotgun at the intruder, the security officer chambered a round into the shotgun with a loud clack as he pointed the weapon at the black-haired man.

"Don't move!" he ordered. "Your trespassing asshole! Get on the ground with your hands behind your head!"

While deep down this isn't exactly what the guard wanted to do, he knew he had no choice: that robot thing had control of the entire facility's security systems, including the cameras. If he didn't do this his co-workers were going to die and as much as he didn't like some of them he wasn't about to condemn them to death. That and he knew that chances are those two robots in hiding that had been watching him earlier were likely still there...

And he was correct on that. For those robots were hidden in cover outside, using their sensors to sense through the walls near the doorways while remaining in hiding to make sure the officer did his job.

Now Ultron just needed to wait and see what happened. Hopefully this bought enough time that he could finish his work, clean up and get out before the black-haired decided to do something stupid.

4. Vegeta

Vegeta Dragon Ball

Prince
    Race:
    Saiyan
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Vegeta sighed as he heard the security guard come and demand things of him, turning around he just smirked at the guy knowing full well he was bulletproof even from a shotgun. "You can't hurt me with that thing, so put it away. I can sense there's something wrong here so I loathe to say this but let me help" expressed Vegeta as he used his sensory abilities to scope out where all the guards were.

Without a single show of movement Vegeta vanished from view of not just the human security guard but the cameras themselves. The guns the man had were suddenly gone and he was outside, Vegeta then speed throughout the facility grabbing the tied up guards with such speed that it was almost impossible for him to be noticed. Though he didn't know if whoever was doing this could see him Vegeta didn't really care, he hated being the good guy but if you hang around Kakarot long enough it rubs off on you.

Once all the guards had been grabbed and brought outside Vegeta break their bonds and told them to run but not before they told him where the guy was doing this was. Some vault in the back room which was the same one that intrigued him was being slowly broken into. Once he saw the guards making for dear life Vegeta returned to the building but this time right near the vault and spotted a bunch of robots. He crossed his arms as he looked at them "Great, I was hoping for a challenge not a recycling party" chimed Vegeta with a halfhearted smirk.

5. Ultron

Ultron Marvel Universe

Race:
    AI
    @Vegeta

...Well this was interesting.

Clearly Ultron's opponent had some extreme superhuman abilities. While Ultron was clearly able to read his opponent's movements as he speed from position to position in the building, seemingly wisking away the hostages to safety (or so the man might have thought) there was little the units that he had in those positions could do to stop him. They simply weren't fast enough or likely strong enough to keep up with the man. This however was fine: Ultron was adaptable. Thanks to the building security systems and his raw processing power he had eyes on everything that was happening even if his units couldn't exactly do much about it themselves.

Perhaps it was best that the man thought that Ultron did not have any idea how to respond. It would leave his options open if it became necessary. When the man confronted him near the vault, Ultron's units didn't bother pausing as they continued their work unhindered (at least for the moment). Three units quickly emerged from nearby, hidden in cover as they stood between the man and the work being done on the vault. the units formerly guarding their hostages left the building, having been given a new task by Ultron.

"Well I'm sufficiently interested, but if you expected some kind of praise or epic battle you came to the wrong place. This is just another task I have to get done. Normally I'd have something special prepared to deal with you, but your in luck today in that I have something you can play with." Ultron mused.

Almost on cue, something blasted downward through the roof and landed on the floor no more than fifteen feet in front of vegeta. A nine-foot tall, special armored command unit. The most powerful standard unit under Ultron's control, this one was specially fitted to deal with multiple of the highest-class strength beings that Ultron was aware of. Beings like Thor or the Hulk. Beings of strength and speed so astronomically high that you needed something far beyond normal to handle. After coming to pandora his command units only got stronger and faster as he adapted their technology.

That was what his command units were: A countermeasure for superhumans.

"So, if you want to play lets this upstairs to the roof. Unless of course you'd rather have to explain to the authorities why your negligence collapsed a building. That's assuming that you even survive this, of course." Ultron taunted, his command unit's gaze affixed to the intruder, unblinking and unflinching.

Ultron believed it was time to see how smart this man was.