By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Spring has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private For Giving Me The Strangest Dreams

Discussion in 'Otherworld' started by Quirrel, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Doremy Sweet

April 7th, Year 108

Inside his mind, Quirrel was safe. In the waking world Bill could pester him and trick some information out of him, but his unruly familiar had proven himself unable to mess with his head. Must have been a feature of their souls being bound together, since there could be no other explanation for a self-proclaimed nightmare demon being unable to access his thoughts.

Of course, there wasn't much opportunity to think peacefully in the middle of a cult. He needed to keep his wits about him to keep his complete lack of loyalty a secret. That left only one place to plan and think: His dreams.

It was an unexpected perk of being host to some of the powers of a dream dwelling entity that the bug had gained increased awareness within his dreamscape. Every night promised a lucid dream of incredible clarity, and the things he created and left lying around in his mental landscape persisted night after night. This made it the perfect place to establish plans and organize information related to Bill without risking it's discovery by said being.

Given the freedom to make his surroundings look like whatever he wished, Quirrel had settled on something familiar. His old workplace, while not exactly reproducible, provided a good aesthetic to get him into a planning mindset. Several small jellyfish like creatures that he had thought into existence floated around him.

On a blackboard he had conjured into existence were the scribbled notes of a madman... or perhaps just a very thorough note taker. In the center of the writing surface was the name "Bill Cipher" with many different notes connected to it by lines. Pictures of his current human form, notes on his behavior, speculations on what his true form might be, abilities he knew the one-eyed demon had, and many other such tidbits were scattered around. A personality analysis was contained on a separate board, trying to breakdown exactly what sort of actions might help keep their relationship stable.

Yes, this sanctum of knowledge was the only reason he was able to so effectively keep their "friendship" in an uneasy equilibrium. Without the opportunity to plan and think ahead of time, Bill's chaotic behavior would have long ago caught him drastically off guard. Currently, though, the masked insect (and he was able to take on his natural insectoid form inside his dream, since nothing here was physical to begin with) was simply updating his journal. A boring day in the cult with Bill, but it needed to be recorded for posterity in case his memory was compromised again. "All this cloak and dagger is going to be the death of me, swear to the wyrm," he muttered under his breath.

Of course, he had failed to account for the fact that Bill being unable to access his dreams didn't preclude any other beings from taking a peek.

#1 Quirrel, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Doremy Sweet likes this.
  2. Doremy Sweet

Doremy Sweet Touhou Project

Dream World Ruler
    Race:
    Baku
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link

There were many interesting beings in Pandora, some of which were completely unlike what Doremy had seen before, which was saying something, given the nature of the world she ruled over. Dreams often gave birth to creatures whose existence could only be explained as a manifestation of an unstable imagination, but then there were those who were actually there, living like any other in the waking world, having even the capability of making dreams of their own. It was fascinating and one of the interesting parts of overseeing Pandora's Dream World.

One such dream got Doremy's attention even more so than usual, as this insect creature seemed to have complete awareness inside the Dream World and was using it as they saw fit. It was very peculiar because Doremy had watched its dreams before and they didn't have anywhere near this amount of awareness before. It all looked harmless, but the shapes that were being drawn were what really got the baku's attention. What connection did this bug have to Cipher...?

And so Doremy delved into the insect's dream, she floated down, feet barely not touching the wooden floor of the environment the bug had created.

"It's not often that I see a bug who is able to control its own dreams," she commented as a way to earn his attention. "Hello. I hope I'm not interrupting anything important?"

Quirrel likes this.
  3. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    No matter what he did, Quirrel simply lacked the knowledge necessary to truly understand Bill. All he could do was plan. Plan their conversations so he could tease out more information to better synthesize additional plans. It was an exhilarating game of social wits they were playing, even if his familiar was taking it with the same lack of seriousness he seemed to approach everything with.

His thoughts were interrupted by a feeling of wrongness. Something was strange. Was Bill trying to mess with his mind while he slept? Well, the bug was certain that sort of thing wasn't allowed by the magical contract they shared... but that dream demon definitely seemed like the sort who'd figure out a loophole.

A voice ringing out behind him, though, quickly dispelled any notion that Bill might be involved. Before even turning around to face the source of this feminine voice, the bug quickly tried to mentally make her vanish. The fact that she continued speaking was proof enough that this wasn't merely a figment of his sleeping mind but rather an actual entity entering the bug's dreams.

Quirrel finally turned to face her, the expressionless visage of his mask staring blankly ahead. "You haven't seen many moth seers, then," he finally remarked with a casual tone, after deciding that he would engage with this mysterious stranger. "Dreams are dangerous things. For most bugs, it might be better to not dream at all." After all his contributions back home to the cause of sealing away a god of dreams, the irony was not lost on Quirrel that he now was bound to a being of nightmares.

With merely a thought, a metal bench popped into existence behind the beetle. "My time is not so valuable that I can't even spare the seconds spent asleep," he told the interloper, waving closer one of his conjured floating jellyfish creatures. He took it in his hands and sat down on the bench. "Welcome to the archives of Monomon the Teacher, or, rather, welcome to my inferior recreation of those hallowed halls of knowledge. I am Quirrel, a simple explorer. I assure you, I wasn't in the middle of anything urgent."

"Now then, to what do I owe the pleasure of this unexpected visit?"

Doremy Sweet likes this.