HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Forming the Titans

Discussion in 'The Titans' started by Hunter, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Hunter

Hunter they're in his infinite void of darkness

Natural Disaster
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    So! The fall season has arrived and with it, new plots :D

The tentative plan:

Around mid to late September (subject to change so we can make sure everyone who wants to participate is available!), Damian Wayne will begin distributing anonymous ads. They'll be centered around Cascade Bay and Pandora Town, but a few posters may or may not find themselves in other communities through various means or word of mouth. They'll be advertising the formation of a new group with a meeting time and place on the small island their base is going to be, though there is no Titans Tower just yet.

The kicker is that it's not a standard group 'meet and greet' thread -- Damian's holding try outs. (And yes, the concept of 'not being good enough' for the Titans is completely against what the Titans is really supposed to be about, but as I mentioned in the interest brainstorm, Damian's not mature enough to fully comprehend it.)

For the challenge(s) itself, I have a couple ideas, but I wanted to hear everyone's and make sure it's something that can be fully realized in a thread. For example, a series of challenges would be awesome, but with a group, it may be a little difficult to achieve that scale and still finish before next fall. Also, I think it might be best that there's some kind of goal to achieve, especially if anybody's characters would show up, see that it's a contest, and be like 'lolno laterz' for whatever reason.

Tentative examples:
    • They arrive to the island to find...nothing. Before they can leave, a young boy living there (coughDamian) begs them to help him rescue his friend Alfred who ran off into the dangerous parts of the inner island. Of course, it's filled with traps, natural predators, etc. At the end, they find Robin waiting for them and stroking his cat Alfred like a supervillain in training.
    • With the possible assistance from the other Batkids, they're tested by being attacked upon arrival by heroes masquerading as villains with possibly terrible speeches to see how they fight and react.
    • An actual villain shows up and interrupts the planned challenge because what did he think was going to happen if he put out advertisements that a bunch of young heroes would be meeting in one place?
    • etc. etc. etc.
    And, of course, none of this is mandatory. If you'd like to have your character join without this kind of hassle, just let us know so we can plot something different out :D After all, the entire team doesn't need to be gathered at once. There's plenty of space for members to trickle in in various ways. I just thought this type of thing would be fun to write for.

2. Emily Kaldwin

Emily Kaldwin Dishonored

Owner of Hound Pits Pub
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    I would love for Emily to be tested, especially if she is going to eventually lead the team(depending on how things go of course!). Emily's mom is in the hospital during mid-September but seeing the advertisement could maybe make her think 'a group like this could help stop anything like this from happening again.'

One of the challenges could be that no-one gets left behind. In one of the Halo CGI films, a young Master Chief gets cocky and abandons his team to get first place, resulting in the whole team coming last as punishment. Needing to work as a team is just as important as working solo so this could be something to help bond the team?

but all this sounds A+!

3. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Marvel Universe

YAYYYY, thankyou for accepting me into the group. =) Honestly, Peter would jump at those fliers and be there SO fast, and I think this is a super fun idea! I don't really have much to add because I'm honestly sold on all of these ideas LOL!

Izuku Midoriya and Jason Todd like this.
  4. Izuku Midoriya

Izuku Midoriya My Hero Academia

Hero / Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Although I'm 200% on board with Deku joining the Titans, it may take some doing to get him to actually join, which is what I'm posting here for! In his world, all hero agencies are registered and get paid by the government for their work, so it's an actual profession. The Titans as I understand it would teeeeechnically be illegal maybe? Especially since minors probably can't apply for a vigilante license. That's not something Damien and some of the other Titans would care about, but Deku might hesitate because of it. So I see two ways of doing this, then!

1. Deku finds the posters and goes to the tryouts under false assumptions due to not really having a full grasp on Pandora's legal system and how it handles heroes yet. From there he'd get more details about it, and on top of Damien being so young it'd definitely make him skeptical of joining because he thinks it's just gonna be a team of rebellious kids and teenagers who wanna be heroes outside the law or something. Some event at the tryouts would have to convince him that the Titans are worth working with regardless. Something that gives him the impression that maybe he does have a decent purpose for joining this ragtag bunch of teenage weirdoes and helping them fight crime, and the impression that maybe Damien at least has the potential to be a decent leader despite his age.
    2. ALTERNATIVELY Deku could miss out on the tryouts. Instead someone besides Damien discovers his heroism and talents, then convinces him to give the Titans a shot in a more social setting rather than through tryouts. I'd be just as down for this less actiony result, especially since it'd probably mean Deku gets to make a new friend in Pandora.
    3. Maybe some combination of the two! #2 could actually take place earlier, have it be somebody convincing Deku to go follow the poster and give the Titans a chance.

If you guys have anything at all to throw at me for this stuff, definitely let me know! As for how the tryouts should pan out, if Deku ends up going, I think they're all neat ideas! I think the best choice to me personally would be an actual villain showing up to cause trouble and interrupt the tryouts. That sort of situation would probably offer the best chance for Deku to be forced to work with the rest of the team and realize for himself whether he thinks this is something he wants to be a part of.

Jason Todd likes this.
  5. Hunter

Natural Disaster
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    @Izuku Midoriya

It's actually a little bit of a grey area! The Titans are based in Cascade Bay, and the Governor (aka Jessamine Kaldwin aka Lanni) has already decided that vigilante licenses aren't necessary. They just need to obey the laws, leave when guards tell them to, don't brutalize people unnecessarily, etc. etc. So the formation is legal by itself -- it's their actions that determine later whether or not they're breaking the law. For example, if the team moves into Pandora Town for a mission, then they'll be violating Pandora Town's laws by not being licensed. And there's nothing saying Deku himself can't get licensed I believe? Damian is just a little shit who refuses to do it.

It's also possible that by September, Damian (and the Titans by extension) could have the blessing of Lexa, Cascade Bay's guard captain. More or less.

@Emily Kaldwin

I like that idea :D 'Nobody gets left behind' IS one thing the Titans managed to teach Damian, so it'd likely be one of the core principles of what he in turn tries to pass along to the new Titans.

Also, I just REAAALLY like the idea of Damian signing the posters with something extra like 'The Game Master' and they show up and it's just...a 12 year old...in a cape...

@Everyone
    Depending on how many people are interested in the Titans and what other things they want to pursue, I was also thinking of setting up an active vs. reserve system. For example, 'active' members (for lack of a better term right now) would live in or around Cascade Bay, be involved on most/all of their missions, and generally behave like a traditional Titan. A 'reserve' member would be fully affiliated with the Titans, able to join in on any mission they'd like to, but not be restricted to Cascade Bay. They could essentially come and go as they pleased, but the possible downside would be that they wouldn't necessarily be considered part of the core team.

Like going with that potential system, Damian Wayne would be considered an active member. He'd live at the Tower, he'd go on all their missions (within reason), and he'd essentially be a 24/7 teammate. If there was a Pandora comic book, he'd be part of the ensemble on the cover. But maybe @Jason Todd for example wouldn't want to live in CB or be a huge part of the team, so he'd be a friendly hero who gets called in for help when needed or comes around whenever he wants to be involved.

Izuku Midoriya and Jason Todd like this.
  6. Jason Todd

Jason Todd DC Universe

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    I don't have alot to add (and I feel like I should say something) other than that Jason is keen to help out in any way he can, he'll particularly help Damian with the set up if needed because he knows how much of an ass-hole he can unintentionally (and intentionally) be. plus if you want Batkids helping out with try-outs then Jay is up for the challenge, @Cassandra Cain might be as well if Strider is still keen? xD

Also if you wanted @Hunter Jay could possibly be the older person who encourages @Izuku Midoriya to come seek the Titans out if encouragement is still needed, or Cass could if Strider wanted maybe?

(brainstorming in this message sorry... its been a long day)

Izuku Midoriya and Hunter like this.
  7. Danny Fenton

Danny Fenton Danny Phantom

Race:
    Halfa
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    That first trial sounds like a freaking blast! I love the idea of Damian with the cat at the end, being the little snotbag he is. Danny would be trickling in a little later since he doesn't arrive in Pandora until October.

I really like the idea of the reserve team. I'm a bit torn on where to put Danny right now. It's a toss up between the Titans and the Defense force in Misty Hollow. That being said, I'm a little more inclined to the Titans since Danny's never been on a team of heroes before. He had his friends back in Amity, but he was the only one with actual powers and did most of the fight. That and he could use friends his own age in Pandora.

If the Tower is up and running yet, where would the team live? Just in and around the Bay?

Izuku Midoriya, Jason Todd and Hunter like this.
  8. Izuku Midoriya

Hero / Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Thanks for the clarification on where the Titans stand legally, it helped me understand the set-up a lot better!

I didn't go further into detail in my original post since I didn't wanna drag on too much, but Deku's perspective from his own would would probably make him hesitant for other reasons. Like how by his world's standards, the Titans should still be in Hero School and not basically being full-on heroes yet. HOWEVER, I think he can get past this part just fine anyway, since the Titans will have multiple presumably responsible adults backing them up and supporting them. Kind of like having teacher supervision except not the Superman kind of supervision.

So after thinking this stuff through, I'm sure Deku can come to terms with the idea of the Titans in Pandora once he's realized the circumstances and how Pandora works. It probably just comes down to the other point of whether or not he'll believe in this 12-year-old stranger he knows little to nothing about to lead a team of teenaged heroes. Still, coming to trust someone is part of the fun of relationships and all that! I can see this being a good dynamic to play off of right from the start. Even better since the batkids aren't really oriented towards using superpowers, which is a STRONG possible connection for Deku to have with them.

As for how he joins the Titans then, I'm totally cool with the idea of @Jason Todd convincing him to go to tryouts. I'm thinking since Deku doesn't tend to draw much attention to himself outside of costume, it's more likely Jason would either see him in action or see the aftermath of him defeating a bad guy (probably an NPC). Deku's power is the furthest thing from being completely subtle, so it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a way for Jason to see him as a potential recruit for his little batbro's team.

Nico di Angelo, Jason Todd and Hunter like this.
  9. Nico di Angelo

Nico di Angelo Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Race:
    Demigod
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Nico would probably have seen the anonymous flyers around town. Finding them interested and itching for some sort of meaning and adventure, he'd probably go to the tryouts. Only to be surprised that a kid was behind it all. He's a kid himself so he really has no grounds there, let alone the fact that he became a hero at 11 too.

So he'd try his hardest to ace the tryouts. He'd really want to help protect the area and surrounding areas, it's in his DNA. Plus he's kinda getting restless living a normal life. What more to spice up his life than do what he does best. Protecting and defending. o:

Hunter, Izuku Midoriya and Jason Todd like this.
  10. Mary Batson

Mary Batson DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    OH MAN HOW EXCITING ALL THIS IS

Okay well, obviously I'd be down with some kind of tryout/competition thing, because the ridiculousness that could be generated from that is too much to turn down. It could also turn out to be a really ass-backwards way of bonding the team before, well, they're even a team, which would be a good start for the Titans!

Given that she lives in Cascade Bay, Mary would see the fliers that had been dropped all over town and her natural curiosity would do the rest - I don't envision it being a problem to get her to the island. The competition aspect might phase her at first, and I think Mary might end up being more concerned about the other contestants than winning, especially if things turned out to be genuinely dangerous. But hey, every team's got to have a wet blanket team mom, right?

As to the fact that Damian is like five, I don't think Mary'd be bothered by his age - her brother Billy was only ten when he started out as Captain Marvel, and she was fourteen herself when she got her own Marvel powers. As I think I said in the previous thread (?) I imagine she'll clash with Damian more on the fact that he's a lil shit a bit headstrong about the whole thing - I think I compared it to the Bats/Supes relationship but only like with twenty years knocked off each individual and also one of them's a girl?

EITHER WAY THE HYPE TRAIN HAS LEFT THE STATION
    CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS ON THE RAIIILLLSSS

11. Bart Allen

Bart Allen DC Universe

Race:
    Metahuman
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    I definitely want to get Bart in on this, and the idea for the "tryouts" sounds wonderful. Though I can't imagine Damian tolerating Bart enough to actually let him on the team XD

Jason Todd and Izuku Midoriya like this.
  12. Sophie

Sophie Monster Hunter Stories

Rider
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Sophie became a Rider through a ritual test so this would be nothing new to her, but she, Navirou or one of her Monsties would've came across the flyer since she's only new here. As long as Damien doesn't mind the fact she has a wise cracking cat and six large monsters on her side, Sophie should pass the test without issue if that's the way things are going, she also needs a place to stay where her Monsties are allowed to be close by.

13. Hunter

Natural Disaster
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Hey everyone! I really wanted to apologize for how long it's taken to get the Titans officially rolling, since I just crash and burned my way through my first semester at university. Whoops. I hope I haven't held anyone up in terms of character plotting, and I'm planning on getting the first starter up within the next day or so for anyone who's still interested. If you're not, just lemme know. No worries there.

14. Izuku Midoriya

Hero / Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    I'm absolutely still interested! I know exactly how you feel, I've been held back a bit for different reasons lately, so this Activity Check is gonna be a bit tight for me. Assuming I don't completely screw that up, I'll still be in on Deku joining The Titans.

Hunter likes this.
  15. Sophie

Sophie Monster Hunter Stories

Rider
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Sophie is still up for joining, I have no activity check issues so she should be fine.

She's even threading with a potential ally or new Titans member in @Lonnie Machin so if hes interested, then she can help bring him over as well. Otherwise count Sophie and her Monsties in.

16. Bart Allen

Bart Allen DC Universe

Race:
    Metahuman
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    I'm still interested. But I am still genuinely curious if Damian would even allow Bart on the team.

Edit: And if he wouldn't, I'm totally okay with that. It makes sense from what I know of Damian, and gives me good plotting material for Bart. Plus a great opportunity for this "tryout" to go wonderfully wrong. But whatever you think is fine by me.

#16 Bart Allen, Dec 7, 2017 at 8:37 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 8:46 AM
  17. Hunter

Natural Disaster
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    The first thread has been POSTED. I went ahead and tagged everyone who signed up in the official roster thread, but if you weren't and are still interested, feel free to jump in. Likewise, if you were tagged but no longer want to continue with the Titans, no worries.

I also went ahead and created a Discord server for Titans-related plotting in order to get the ball rolling a little bit.

18. Bart Allen

Bart Allen DC Universe

Race:
    Metahuman
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    I'll wait for somebody else to post before I toss Bart in. There's no way he'd ever solve a riddle, so I'll have him stumble upon people gathered there. :)