By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Free Fallin'

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Pietro Maximoff, Jan 30, 2018.

1. January 14th, Year 7
    @Talia al Ghul
    It wasn't every day that Pietro got the opportunity to be mauled by a tiger.

That day in particular started as normally as every day did for Pietro. He was up at the crack of dawn and out the door after a brief cold shower to help wake him up. So far so good.

The sunrise was beautiful, even when traveling at mach-10 across the Pandoran wilderness. Pietro had a few seconds to admire it before arriving in Pandora Town. There were a few things he wanted to pick up for Wanda. Wanda needed more nice things. He still felt awful knowing that the version of him from her world had died horribly. Especially when he was saving that Hawk Guy. What a terrible way to go.

All told, his little trip only took a few minutes, 99% of which was spent waiting for the slowest cashier in existence to ring up the merchandise while Pietro tried not to die from boredom. When he had his little gift, a little kitten statue that had glow in the dark eyes, Pietro dropped it off back at the house for his sister to find before getting to what he really wanted to do.

The sun was still rising, Pietro was all dressed up in the Serval Industries garb he'd been given when he'd joined the X-Factor team Lorna had been heading up prior to his coming to Pandora. It was a nice costume. He didn't think he'd like the bright yellow, but it had grown on him over time and it suited his needs. He needed something aerodynamic and something that wouldn't get torn apart when Pietro moved at extremely high speeds.

Speaking of high speeds, Pietro shot off into the world once more. There was nothing like a good run to battle the winter chill and to clear one's head when it was always running at light speed. That was the problem with Pietro. He had too much time to think. He spent most of his life thinking. And most of his thoughts weren't that great. He thought of home more often than not and of his daughter, Luna. He thought of the Avengers and of Wanda and all the things he'd done to wrong them in the past. When Pietro ran, he ran from those thoughts. He ran to keep them from dragging him down into the dirt.

For a change of scenery, Pietro decided to veer east, heading towards the sea. He didn't go there often. He didn't like the sand. It was coarse, rough, and irritating. And it got everywhere. The water wasn't so bad though. It was like skipping a stone across a pond, only the stone was Pietro and he never stopped skipping.

He flew by the beach and towards the rockier cliffs just beyond, aiming to breeze right on by. Only something drew his attention as he passed.

Suspended in the air as if gravity had given her pause, a young woman was leaping over one of the cliffs, arms spread out, ready to embrace the cold water of the sea. Pietro came to a stop, standing on the water that had not yet realized he was there. He stood there and stared up in equal parts amazement and horror at what he saw. She could die from such a fall quite easily.

And so Pietro did the only thing he really could do in that situation. He kept moving. He had time to kill before he needed to actually save her, so he made a few more laps before eventually coming back around. He slowed as he approached her, taking her in his arms as gently as he could. Then he carried her towards the shore, setting her down on the sand with a sigh.

Time seemed to right itself again and everything seemed to move as it was supposed to. It always felt slow to Pietro, but it was normal for most people. Pietro stood over the woman, frowning. "What the hell were you thinking? You could have di--"

And that's when the tiger attacked, tackling Pietro to the ground mid-sentence. It had come up from behind, the sneaky bastard.

It was just one of those days.

Talia al Ghul likes this.
  2. Talia al Ghul

Talia al Ghul DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    The air was chilly and the water was cold, but the sun was shining. That alone made the day wonderful in its own way and Talia had always had the ability to find beauty even in the darkest things. Maybe she had been programmed so after so many years of fighting, but it did not matter. It had its drawbacks as it had its advantages and it allowed her to visit the beach in the middle of the winter, simply because the yellow rays of sun had appeared after days of prolonged rain.

She arrived in a deserted sandy coast with her white tiger and they walked across the coastline for a while, occasionally challenging the animal to chase her and run with her. He was properly trained to listen to her but the more he grew the more things he would be able to do; and to learn. Talia had formed a connection with him that was unlikely to change so she wanted to have him by her side for however long they would live. She knew that he would never replace her absent child, but it was necessary to know that she had a living, intelligent organism that was not disappointed in her and would not reject her and disappear.

Still, she understood the importance of providing a degree of independency to a tiger, so eventually she let him hunt on his own as she moved closer to the cliffs. The view from there was breathtaking and she marvelled in it for a while, until she realised that she could not take her eyes off of the blue shimmering sea beneath. She was certain it was cold, but she had been trained to withstand low temperatures without complaining. The fall was a long one too, but she did not want to be scared. She wanted to feel freedom. From obligations, from ideals, from pain and suffering, from mourning and depression. So she closed her eyes, took a deep breath and let her body fall.

She did not have the ability to see things beyond the human eye could, but she felt a strange warmth that was nothing like falling in freezing water. Talia opened her eyes and she saw a man, wearing a yellow uniform that could belong to one of the superheros. Her green eyes widened in surprise and she felt the sand beneath her body. That was.. fast. She was still confused whether they had flew all the way down or not but the feeling was similar to that of being saved by a naive alien in blue. Now, the heros she was more used to were a lot more rou- oh, well, he wasn't going to sweet talk her either.

She opened her mouth to explain, but before she had the chance, Damian jumped on the stranger with all the strength of a young tiger, his mouth open so that his sharp fangs were on plain sight. 'Damian, no!' Talia shouted, frowning at the tiger. 'Off!' she commanded as she stood up, pointing with her finger away from the man. The tiger named Damian obeyed and Talia approached the man, concern written on her face. He didn't need to save her, but the fact that he had tried meant that he definitely did not deserve to be eaten by Damian. 'I apologise for Damian. He is very protective of me.' she said as she kneeled next to him, trying to examine his situation. 'Where do you feel pain?' she asked.

Pietro Maximoff likes this.
  3. It wasn't everyday that you got a thousand pounds of angry tiger on your back. Pietro could probably strike this off on some sort of list, though the list of "times I nearly died from something crazy" was already long enough to qualify as a novel.

He laid there, stunned for a moment, as the woman he'd just saved started shouting at the tiger as if it belonged to her. As if it were her pet. There were crazier things he'd seen, so it didn't come as much of a shock. The name Damian was an odd choice though. He probably would have gone with something more fierce. Like Darth Maul, Star Wars prequels be damned.

The weight left him and for that Pietro was thankful. He breathed a shaky sigh of relief, disregarding the pain that blossomed in his back. The woman crouched down next to him, and spoke softly about her tiger. Apologizing for his actions. Pietro grunted in reply. "Don't worry," he managed after a fashion. "I'm used to it."

As for the pain, Pietro wasn't sure if everywhere was specific enough, so he just settled for. "My back, mostly. Lucky for me I can take a beating or else your pet might have crushed me." One of the many benefits of being him, he supposed.

4. Talia al Ghul

Race:
    Human
    A besumed smile was formed on her face at his statement, as if she had not realised a few things about him already. He might have not been a typical type of hero, though she could argue that each one had their own methods and attitude to accompany their escapades, but he had lept to her rescue, utilising what made him extraordinary. That should be enough for her to define him as a heroic persona, which she rarely met these days. She would be lying if she didn't say she was not intrigued, even if this whole ordeal could make a very undesirable turn. It was all fine at the beginning, when the person she met did not have any information on her. But all too often it took a word or a rumour or a minor action to sent everything spiralling out of control and her being in the role of the enemy.

But she did have a sense of morals nevertheless, so she reached for the man's back, carefully pressing the skin until she could feel the bones, in order to determine whether there was a serious injury. 'I figured it out when you lept to the sky to rescue me from falling in the sea.' she said, her tone just a bit humorous given the situation. She was very proud and she did not think she needed him to save her but that did not mean the sentiment was not appreciated. It was very considerate of him and exhibited some positive qualities.

'Now lay still.' she said in a more serious tone, as her hands pushed the area close to the bone inwards; something that could be painful, but no more than leaving it as it is and risking a worse condition. 'You are bruised and scratched but your wounds will heal.' she eventually concluded, speaking according on her medical experience. She had seen much worse conditions, the worst of which she had not encountered during her medicine studies, but when she had to work for her father. 'You truly are lucky.' she added with a half smile, glancing at her tiger that appeared much calmer and less eager to attack now.

5. "Well I couldn't exactly sit back and watch," Pietro replied. "A fall from that height is dangerous. You fall from high enough and water is no different than concrete." Coincidentally, water felt similarly when you ran across it fast enough. Pietro was no son of any god (no matter how much Magneto tried to deify himself), but he did enjoy running on water.

Against his better judgment, Pietro did as the woman instructed, frowned as he felt her hands on his back. Her touch was gentle as she examined the wounds. Then he felt a sharp stab of pain that brought forth a grunt of discomfort. He watched her out of the corner of his eye, waiting patiently. As patiently as he had ever waited before in his life. It was difficult.

He figured he would be fine, but he wasn't going to pass up the opportunity for someone to care about his wellbeing, even if it was most likely false kindness in the moment. He stood up slowly and brushed himself off, his back protesting with pulses of burning discomfort. He ignored it. He'd gotten good at ignoring such things over the course of his life. God, how many times had he been beaten senseless? Too many to count.

"Lucky," Pietro repeated with a smirk. He turned to the woman, folding his arms over his chest. "Not sure if I'd call it luck. I tried to save someone and got pounced on by a tiger. Lucky I'm alive I guess. If I hadn't been me then I would probably be kitten chow. What a way to go."

He hesitated for a moment, working his jaw stubbornly, before he said, "Thank you. For what it's worth, I do appreciate that you didn't let me get eaten and that you were kind enough to make sure I wasn't dying."

6. Talia al Ghul

Race:
    Human
    'I have survived through worse things.' she commented, if only to dispel any notion that she was deliberately trying to hurt herself or that she been careless enough to slip. Though she was not in a particularly happy place, her pride did not allow her to do either of those things. 'But I appreciate your help nonetheless.' she admitted with a small smile that genuinely reflected how she felt. She was a stranger to him so she couldnot have been expecting for anyone to come and rescue her. The fact that he had spoke of his character, even if he appeared a bit rough and unyielding.

She got up on her feet when he did, looking at him with her inspecting eyes for any signs of discomfort or danger. It was obvious that he was not a mundane human being and his ability to stand and walk with those injuries proved it further. Though clearly not indestructible, he was intriguing, especially to someone who did not possess any sort of mystical or super powers, despite her admiration for those human beings that pushed the limits of their nature through work and determination. She could still not resist being awestruck by the miracles of the world.

Her smile remained as he continued speaking, complaining about the situation he had found himself in but still thanking her at the same time. She sensed a duality in him, something between hero and villain that she also shared. 'I suppose I could not stand and watch either, particularly since your injuries are my fault. My name is Talia.' she said and extended her left hand to greet him, as was custom to do in the western countries. He could not be sure that he came from one of them or that he was from an Earth, given the diversity of Pandora's population but the recognition or lack of the gesture would provide her with a clue. And he was curious about his name; superhero names were quite colorful, if he had one.

#6 Talia al Ghul, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Pietro Maximoff likes this.