By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Fresh Start

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Hal Jordan, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan DC Universe
    The Man Without Fear

General Secretary of the Alliance
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

Just a year after his arrival, Hal led the Alliance into a war and he had won. Most men would have been glad, ecstatic even. But Hal had lost so much over the summer. Not only had countless people on both sides died, many of which would never get a chance to see the better Alliance that he swore he'd push for once he won.

And he'd lost so much more. Though while he was likely at a lower point than most, he'd promised an old friend that he'd come to see her. That was why Hal was in Ark City of all places. Moving through the city as if he was nothing but a normal man on his way to pick up a pizza.

On an average day, he would have flown but, the war had ensured Hal no longer had the drive, will or want to do that. For now at least. For a couple of weeks, since his injury. As he began to walk towards the pizza place, Hal caught a glimpse of his ring, now sitting upon his left hand.

For a moment the lantern looked down at his right side, quickly he proceeded to open and close his right hand. It was slower than he'd like but this new prosthetic wasn't exactly something he was used to. As Hal was busy looking down, he hadn't realized that there was a young lady also entering the pizza place.

And by accident, he bumped into the side of her. Quickly the man looked up, like a deer in headlights and let out an audible gasp. "Sorry ma'am. I got a bit distracted." Hal said trying to collect himself. "Usually tend to keep an eye on my surrounds. But it's just been one horrible week."

Isabelle Lightwood likes this.
  2. Isabelle Lightwood

Isabelle Lightwood The Mortal Instruments
    I'm pure at heart. It repels the dirt.

Shadowhunter
    Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    There was one thing Isabelle wanted, and nothing else would suffice. That something was pizza, and she had called up her order before heading towards the pizza parlor. Right now it was just herself and Shiloh walking along, Raphael was out so that meant lunch was just for her.

Looping Shiloh's leash around the nearby pole, she made sure to get the bowl of water and put it near Shiloh if she got thirsty.

She stood up, and went to walk into the parlor when someone bumped into her and she looked at him, a sly smirk on her features. "Isabelle, not ma'am." She corrected, though it wasn't because she was offended. "No need to apologize. I get that, I really do." Izzy had had her share of horrible weeks.

"I know I'm a stranger, but if there's anything I can do to make your week less horrible." She left the words there as she pulled open the door for both of them.

Hal Jordan likes this.
  3. Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan DC Universe
    The Man Without Fear

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

"Right, Isabelle. I'm Hal." He said extending out the same hand that got him into this moments ago. There was a smile on his face as well. Hal had to admit that he wasn't expected someone to help him make his week less horrible.

Though he wasn't sure if she was just saying it to sound kind, or if he truly meant it. But the Lantern was going to take her up on that offer anyways. "A bit of company couldn't hurt. Of course, if you have somewhere to be that's perfectly fine too." Isabelle was given an easy out. In case she didn't want to spend a bit of time talking with a stranger in a pizza place. Though Hal hoped she'd stay.

#3 Hal Jordan, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  4. Isabelle Lightwood

Shadowhunter
    Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Isabelle took the offered hand and shook it, the gentle, genuine smile remaining fixed upon her features.

There was one thing Isabelle was known for and that was caring. Sometimes that was hard to believed, what with being a shadowhunter and all that, but she cared a great deal for people. Not just mundanes but those of different species.

It was evil she wanted to fight, no species. And that was the biggest key difference.

"Right now the only some place I have to be is here." Izzy wasn't taking the easy way out - for her it wasn't even a way out. When she suggested something, it wasn't because she was trying to be nice. She meant it. "You're not getting rid of me that easy." She teased, making her way inside, hoping Hal would follow.

Hal Jordan likes this.
  5. Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan DC Universe
    The Man Without Fear

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

"That works for me." Hal might not have been the sort of person to say it but, having someone around to talk to was nice. Anything to get his mind off all that had happened with the war in space and the memories of losing his hand.

So there was no other choice in his mind than to follow Isabelle and see where it all went. He assumed she was a nice lady, and if she wasn't, well he wouldn't mind. "So. This is a make or break question. Do you like pineapples on your pizza?" He smirked as he continued. "Because I don't know if I can be friends with someone who does."

6. Isabelle Lightwood

Shadowhunter
    Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Izzy gave him a look. "Pineapple does not belong on pizza." Izzy had clear feelings on the subject. Pineapple was fine on its own, but she didn't like the texture of it on pizza.

"So do I pass?" Izzy grinned, paying for her food and drink and then would have to wait for it to finish cooking.

Hal Jordan likes this.
  7. Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan DC Universe
    The Man Without Fear

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

"You definitely do." Hal said as he paid for his medium pizza. He hadn't expected to find a pal during this little trip of his but it was rather nice. And while he attributed a majority of it to this strangers sheer kindness, he couldn't help but feel as though her grin was almost contagious.

Staring at her only made him grin as well. "Since we're buds now. I guess it's only right I ask you how your day has been?" They were going to be waiting on their food, so he might as well get to know her. It'd help them steer the conversation later on when they had to go and sit down somewhere.

8. Isabelle Lightwood

Shadowhunter
    Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Izzy was surprised by his question about her day. It was surprising because not many typically asked her that and if he was gunning for brownie points he was getting them. "It's been okay. I can't really complain." Not when others had an even worse day or week in the case of Hal.

"I'd ask you but I already know how your week has gone." She was open to listening to what was going on, whatever he wanted to tell her she would listen.

While she waited for her pizza, she headed towards one of the tables and took a seat, offering the other for Hal.

Hal Jordan likes this.
  9. Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan DC Universe
    The Man Without Fear

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

Hal nodded as she said her day was okay. "That's good to hear." Though he knew okay wasn't good, it was far from bad. Isabelle seemed like a nice person so of course Hal thought she deserved better. But life rarely gave a person what they deserved.

As she moved towards a table, Hal followed behind. After sitting down across from her, he began to think about just how he'd weave his week into a normal conversation. People usually couldn't go about saying he'd just fought a war and that he'd lost a hand not too long ago.

"You could still ask. For starters I uh, got a new and difficult job. It's got a few downfalls but I'm hoping it's good for me in the long run." That sounded somewhat normal. Vague enough for her to not know exactly what he was talking about too.

10. Isabelle Lightwood

Shadowhunter
    Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Okay then, how has you're week been?" Izzy corrected herself, and then listened as Hal spoke about what had been going on. Unlike some, who might nod along and pretend they were listening but were actually bored, Izzy was listening and was far from bored.

"Sometimes we need to do the difficult thing. It can be better for us, build us up rather than take the easy path in life." Izzy took a sip of her drink, the cold liquid refreshing. "Are you at least enjoying it somewhat?"

11. Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan DC Universe
    The Man Without Fear

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

It was rather nice to being doing this. Isabella didn't have to listen but she was and Hal while a bit unsure about all of this was willing to keep going. Her question was something he'd thought about when he first took the job. Sure politics was never his sort of field given that Hal was more the warrior type.

"I actually am. It's a nice change of pace." The few days that he was General Secretary were enjoyable, Hal was single handily reworking Elysiums political system and he loved all the ideas that he came up with. Some were drastic but certain key things put a smile on his face. "How about you? Do you work anywhere enjoyable?"

12. Isabelle Lightwood

Shadowhunter
    Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "That's good! I know fun isn't everything about a job but it can help." Izzy regarded his question with wonder. She'd worked at Jenny's Place in Pandopolis, though it was known as Pandora Town over one hundred years ago. "I do. I sometimes model for Coquelicot Agency outside of working as a forensic pathologist." He might be surprised, most were when they found out.

She left out her other side job as being a shadowhunter.

Hal Jordan likes this.
  13. Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan DC Universe
    The Man Without Fear

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

"Model and Forensic Pathologist. Huh." Hal slowly nodded his head thinking about both those jobs. They were literally on oppisoite sides of the specttrum yet she filled them both. Nobody would expect a model to go be the one who examines dead bodies so Isabelle was maybe one of a kind.

But then again, weren't most people in Pandora like that? All unique in one way or another. "Great line of work. I can see what drew you towards Model, considering you're breathtaking. But what made you wanna be a Pathologist?" It could have come off wrong but Hal genuinely was interested in figuring out why she liked that sort of job. His best friend back home Barry worked in Forensic as well so they always happened to catch his attention easier than other jobs would have.

#13 Hal Jordan, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019 at 8:12 PM
  14. Isabelle Lightwood

Shadowhunter
    Race:
    Nephilim
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Izzy grinned. "I'm full of surprises."

"Why thank you. You're pretty handsome yourself." Isabelle did enjoy compliments, who wouldn't?(well Alec might feel uncomfortable with compliments but that was just Alec in general).

Not many asked her that. Very few even and she was surprised, though didn't show it."It's something I've always been interested in and I'm good at it. I always liked the idea of being able to help solve crime and this was a good way to help."

Her pizza arrived and she thanked the guy before opening up the box, gesturing Hal to have a slice.

Hal Jordan likes this.
  15. Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan DC Universe
    The Man Without Fear

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

"Why thank you." Hal said smiling at Isabelle. Compliments were always good and hey, he loved people calling him handsome. And it worked well considering he was pretty generous when it came to flirting. In the few moments he'd spoken to her, Hal must have thought up countless compliments. Many of which wouldn't have worked considering he wasn't trying to pick her up but merely chat a bit.

It helped that she seemed like an actually nice lady. Chatting with a stranger who seemed a bit down, even telling him about her job and that she just wanted to help solve crimes. "You know I did my fair share of crime-fighting back in the day." Hal said thinking about life before everything got so darn political just as he reached for a single slice of her pizza. "Why thank you."