HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private from the stars

Discussion in 'Residences' started by Clara Oswald, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Doctor Who

Teacher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    December 14, Y7
    @Peter Quill

Someone was knocking on her door.

Nobody ever knocked on her door. She had acquaintances, people she made nice with, but... nobody who actually visited her, unless she ordered food. Clara squinted at the closed entrance. A moment later, she began to rise with a groan, shoved her feet into a pair of slippers, and shuffled towards it. She wore a fluffy white robe over her clothes. It was after school hours, and she could care less what this person at the door had to say about her private fashion choices. She could hardly be expected to trot around in heels all day, after all.

She stretched on her toes and glanced out the peep hole.

Aha! It was, in fact, her one friend in Pandora. A friend she hadn't willingly made, however- but had needed in the moment. Her first day, lost in Pandora Town, lost in the entire universe.

Clara pulled open the door, and smiled at Peter Quill. What had he called himself? Star Lord. Right.

"Hello!" she greeted him. Then, she glanced down at herself. "I, ah, wasn't expecting visitors." She grinned wider. She took a step backwards, out of the doorway. "Come in?"

#1 Clara Oswald, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  2. Peter Quill

Peter Quill Guest

Boredom. Yes, that's what it was. It was something he had not felt in some time. When one spent most of their time traveling the galaxy and saving people, being pulled into a world that forced him to stick to the ground felt like torture. It was the few, rare conversations he had with people that ultimately kept him from driving his head into the nearest building out of extreme boredom. He was a social man. Peter was never the type to shy away from conversation, but he just hadn't found a way to actually communicate with people in Pandora. They just seemed so odd. He tried, but they didn't really try back.

There were a few that he genuinely enjoyed meeting. For the most part, though, they had been one-and-done conversations. Meeting someone on a mountain didn't necessarily mean that paths would cross again. When you actively help someone get started in a town, there's a tendency to see that person a little bit more. On this day in particular, Peter had grown tired of zooming around the wilderness of Pandora. He wanted a day of relaxation. Something he felt that he hadn't had in a while. He knew his travels were self-enforced. He had no reason to do them. Part of him just felt like he needed to stay occupied. It kept his mind from wandering.

He had decided to visit a person who he had met during her first day in Pandora. Clara Oswald. They hit it off somewhat well. Peter judged that merely on the fact that she didn't seem overly annoyed by him when they last spoke. That was always a positive. He quickly made his way to the woman's home. Hopefully, just hopefully, this would kill the boredom. Clara seemed nice enough and could hold a conversation. That was apparently rare in Pandora. Knocking on her door, he was soon greeted by the woman. He somehow managed to hold off laughter upon seeing what she was wearing. "I can certainly tell," Peter said, chuckling softly as he stepped through the doorway.

"Just thought I'd come check up on you. Make sure you're adjusting well, and not, you know, dead or anything."

3. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Doctor Who

Teacher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

Clara smirked, and shut the door behind him. From there, she moved into the nearby kitchen area. "How chivalrous of you. Not dead, and still surprised by that." She lightened the heavy undertones of her statement with a short laugh. Peter knew- she had, after all, refused to believe this world at first as anything more than the afterlife. And if it turned out that it was- well, it would hardly come as a shock.

"Drink? Let's see... I've got tap water, milk, and some really cheap wine." She opened the fridge, as though something more guest-worthy would materialize, but was disappointed. She poured herself a glass of wine, and glanced towards Peter. "I'm getting on fine, though. As fine as one could expect, at least." She gave a small shrug.

If he chose to ask for a drink, she would offer it to him next. "And you? What do you... do? I've started teaching, because that's what I did back home, but you..." She trailed off. He, too, had explored the galaxy, from what she understood. But Peter lacked any semblance of normalcy, which Clara had managed, somehow, to maintain in between trips with the Doctor.

Peter Quill likes this.
  4. Peter Quill

Peter Quill Guest

When Peter had first arrived in Pandora, he had been greeted by a very angry man who was not super fond of Peter's attitude. Actually, it just seemed like the guy just wasn't too happy with any sort of human contact. He had made sure that Clara's first day in Pandora was unlike his own. People needed friendly faces especially in new locations. No one needed to be confronted with an unreal situation with hostility. As Clara mentioned her entrance, Peter chuckled softly. "Just call me Sir Peter," he said, pausing for a moment. "On second thought, don't."

Peter groaned upon hearing what Clara had to offer for drinks. "That's it? That sounds like the fridge of a middle-aged mother of two cats. Pandora has aged you," he teased. "I suppose wine is fine. I'll try to keep my complaints to an absolute minimum." He was not all that picky. Free drinks were free drinks. He'd much rather have another alcoholic beverage in hand, but wine would be more than sufficient. Besides, he probably should not be getting drunk early in the evening. Clara most likely would not appreciate that. "Only fine? That doesn't sound like the most positive of answers."

Clara apparently had a job. She had seemingly managed to some sort of normalcy in her life. Though, judging from what she had told him, she had not exactly had much of that in her own world. This was likely a step back for her. Peter, on the other hand, had not adjusted all that well. He just sort of floated from place to place. "Exploring. I've just been learning more and more about Pandora. After several months of that, I've kind of learned everything I can," he replied, "So, now, I'm just looking for more stuff to occupy my time. Don't think I'm ready to settle down and work a 9-5, you know?"

Clara Oswald likes this.
  5. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Doctor Who

Teacher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

Clara handed Peter the wine, barely managing to suppress an eye-roll. The lack of money invested into this place-- pantry included-- was a barely hidden symptom of how unwilling she was to settle in here. And she knew it, but didn't say so. "I could think of worse fates." An over-exaggerated grin, when she realized that'd be two more friends than she had now. Or one, at least.

She gave a small shrug to him pointing out how unconvincing her "fine" had been. She hadn't meant to be convincing, as she wasn't convinced of it herself. But she was getting on. Wasn't that what mattered?

But she listened with interest as he described his life in Pandora. It sounded more thrilling than hers by far."The 9-5 isn't the worst part. It's not being able to leave when it's done." Not being able to hop in a TARDIS and travel the universe, rather. How spoiled she'd been. "So, learned everything you can, hmm? Have you figured out a way to get us out of here, then? Or maybe why we're here?" She gave Peter a knowing smile and sipped her own drink, trying not to wrinkle her nose at the obvious lack of quality, and sat down on the sofa.

Peter Quill likes this.
  6. Peter Quill

Peter Quill Guest

Peter was a man who could never sit still for all that long. He was constantly on the move. Always on to new and better things. Pandora, despite all of his wandering, had actually kept him tied down for the most part. There was not much else besides Pandora. Unlike traveling the galaxy, he was stuck in a singular land. Sure, there was technically space to travel, but all of it was ultimately the same. There were certainly sights to see, but none were all that interesting to him. It was the people he had met that kept him going for the most part, but, even then, he could not just stay in one area for too long. It was why it had taken him a little while to see Clara once more.

From what Clara had told him about her life, Peter knew that she was similar to him. Pandora kept her grounded. Flightless. For adventurers, that was the absolute worst thing anyone could do to them. "That's exactly why I keep moving. It's easy to feel stuck here," he said. If he had his ship, he would have brought her on an adventure or two. But he couldn't do that just yet. He'd love to free her from whatever monotony that she was facing, but, at the moment, it just did not seem all that possible. With any luck, he would find the Milano and life would be a tad bit easier.

Peter chuckled at Clara's questioning regarding his knowledge of Pandora. "Unless that way out of here is somewhere up there," he said, pointing upwards, "I know less about this place than when I started. Trust me, if I would have figured out how to get out of here or what this place was, they probably would have made me king. But, alas, here we are. Sitting in a small house drinking some of the finest wine in this town." He raised his glass in a mocking gesture before taking a sip. Mouth forming into a grimace at the taste. In a way, this wine was like Pandora. It tasted awful and was not exactly the most fun experience, but it was all that there was so might as well enjoy it.

Clara Oswald likes this.