HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Full-Time Irritation

Discussion in 'Town Square' started by Wade Wilson, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Marvel Universe

June 1st
    Midday
    Pandora Town Square

-------------------​

He was like a shooting star! It was amazing, really. It felt great, as he tried to mentally block the fact that he was hurtling towards the ground at an insane rate, because while he managed to free himself from the vines, he was getting the tiny feeling that they had just let him go for laughs, hated his guts, and wanted to see the extent of his healing powers. Or maybe he was just projecting.

"You're definitely projecting." Came a voice, before another one piped up. "You're doing it wrong! For the bit, you're supposed to say 'HE was definitely projecting. We have a new gig now, we have to make neither of us screw up!" Now, he had heard voices before, but these were specific. Like, he had the feeling that they were a little more real than the other ones bouncing around his brainhole. "Wait a second, who are you guy--" That was when he slammed into the hard roads of Pandora Town, and blacked out.

Minutes later, he came to consciousness, neck very much broken and arms very much in positions they shouldn't be in. "...As our hero awoke, his mind raced to two things. Was he the only one hearing this silky smooth voice, and did he die and accidentally piss his suit? Sadly, the answer to the second is no." Wade sat up, before looking around at the small circle that formed around the masked man that had crash-landed and broken his everything. He looked around, dizzily, before forcing himself up to his feet and snapping his neck back into place, shaking his head. He had to admit, it was a fairly attractive voice. Very concise. Sane. And apparently wanting to make his life a living hell.

The other voice seemed to be blathering way too much information. Or, exposition. Either way, it was grating and annoying, You know, what he expected his inner voice to sound like. "Haha! Our friendly-neighborhood protagonist Wade Wilson, founder of Leather Chaps Anonymous, with only one member, him!" It laughed, and based on the mixed reactions from the small crowd circling him like the newest attraction at the zoo, he had the feeling that they were getting the full experience of these voices too. He swatted at the air, hoping to wave off the two jerks that happened to be in his head and still weren't getting the hint to piss off.

"Ever read a Deadpool comic book? After being written out, this is the closest thing to a cameo we're going to get. Now, moving on, our hero tried to escape his odd predicament by stumbling away like a drunken, broken maniac. Little did we know, that this was all just a metaphor for his--" Wade screamed to drown it out, waving his hands about wildly, before pushing through the small circle of Pandora citizens.

Of all the shit that was going to happen to him, this was the least ideal. After all, he had just gotten done with his hit movie! Found the meaning of friendship. Was all of that development for nothing? He needed to find a way back to those X-Jerks, maybe he could find a phone. The X-Men had a phone number, right? At least a mailbox. How did the postage system work around here?

"As Wade's mind raced faster that Quicksilver on speed, he suddenly bumped into another plot point! About time to get this show on the road, right?" One of his narrating voices cawed as he stumbled back from whoever he just bumped into, and was now subjected to the constant cacophony that was the verbalization of his mind.

"Well, I guess this isn't 'open' for nothing..."
    He murmured, before coughing, most of the garbage in his head still healing. "Ignore those assholes, they're supposed to stay inside my head..."

Abigail Hobbs likes this.
  2. Abigail Hobbs

Abigail Hobbs Hannibal

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Abigail had missed seeing the stranger arrive. It was the crowd that caught her attention as she walked along, making her very curious. She figured it was relatively safe. A real danger would have them running or hiding. It quickly became apparent to her that the crowd must have something to do with the masked man screaming and waving his arms around. If he had been trying to rob someone and was trying to get out of trouble by acting crazy, it was an excellent job.

On the other hand, he might be having a genuine episode, but an episode of what? Her mind raced with possible conditions that could cause the behaviour. It was difficult to narrow the potential diagnosis down without a proper psychological evaluation. She was only a student. A psychiatrist like Hannibal would have a better idea of..and she was pulled out of her thoughts as she realized he was getting closer to her. She took several steps backwards, glancing over her shoulder to see if anyone was behind her, when he bumped directly into her.

"I'm sorry. What's open?" She did a quick check to make sure her satchel was closed and then looked back at him to see if it had dropped anything, when he started coughing. She didn't think she had bumped him that hard. "Are you okay?" She asked to make sure.

His next words were concerning. Abigail was very familiar with having unwanted people in her head. She still heard her father's voice at times, whispering to her. At other times, she heard his victims, Nicholas Boyle or Alana. And Hannibal was very present in her mind, perhaps the loudest of all of them. The only one she really considered an asshole was her father. He'd been a monster. If this stranger was hearing a similar voice, that made him dangerous. "That's one of the things about jerks, especially the ones in your head. They never do what they should." She commented, hoping he'd volunteer more information.

Wade Wilson likes this.
  3. Wade Wilson

Five minutes. Five minutes and everyone already thought-- or knew, more like, that he was absolutely nuts. He didn't really care, but the way some of the people were looking at him made him feel all weird and judged. Only he was allowed to harshy judge himself! Him, and whoever else that was an important character. He wasn't going to be given the side-eye by a nameless, faceless prop and let it go easily. Still, whatever he would have shouted in the first place was cut short when he realized that the person he bumped into actually was talking to him, and he tried to catch the last couple things she said.

"Aww... look at that. Somebody trying to be nice to you. I'm taking bets on how long it takes you to mess this up." The two voices began listing prices. Starting at one dollar, and going up and up by 23 cents. Purely because it would irritate him, and he knew it would irritate him because he would totally do that to irritate someone else!

"Shut up!" He yelled into the air, before looking back down at this seemingly normal person and sighing. "Shit. I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to them." He gestured vaguely, before cursing under his breath again. This was not going well. Not like he had expected it to, but this was just a new layer of disaster.

"You owe me 20.32."
    "Fine..."

Still, he tried to turn the focus away from how crazy he was, and back towards how crazy he was. "You're right about that. These two pricks didn't show up until I just got here, and they're so loud. Am I that loud? Am I loud!?" He asked, practically screaming at the end, before taking a deep breath, popping his shoulder back into place, and then taking another deep breath because his windpipe was hurting way more than it should, and a healing throat kind of sucked.

He took a quick detour. "Call me Pool. Deadpool. I don't usually fall from the sky, unless it's from a helicopter. This is the part where I ask what your name is, and the Peanut Gallery in the back decides to shut up once and for all."

"Hah! Like that will happen."
    "We have all Summer, baby."

He was seriously considering decapitation at this point, although the chances of that actually doing anything were slim to none.

4. Abigail Hobbs

Abigail Hobbs Hannibal

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Wow. He meant actual voices. Abigail looked around, hoping to catch the source of the gambling and was disappointed when she saw no one speaking. If he was a ventriloquist playing an elaborate prank, then he was a very talented actor too. It had to be something more. She had experienced many strange events in Pandora, but this was new. Better him than herself.

"Yeah, I got that." Abigail replied and looked up at the air as the man had done. "It would have been simpler to go up by quarters. A more interesting bet would be to see how long the two of you voices can go without speaking." She figured that was unlikely to work, but at least she had tried.

He was certainly being loud now, but probably to make his point. Abigail decided the question was rhetorical. "They showed up when you got to the town square? Or did you mean when you got to Pandora?" Abigail winced when he put his shoulder back in place. She'd been through bad injuries herself, but always had Hannibal to see her through them. He was a doctor, a surgeon, and even made it bearable when he'd removed her ear. No one should be in pain if they didn't have to be. "Do you want to go to the hospital?"

Deadpool was a rather ominous name; it ranked somewhere close to the Minnesota Shrike. He didn't seem dangerous at the moment, and he couldn't be blamed if his parents had chosen the name. "I'm Abigail." A name her father choose for her. It meant joy of the father on her world, which was very creepy considering what her father had done. She'd never changed it though. It was a part of who she was now. She extended her hand for him to shake. "Nice to meet you. Though I can't say it's nice to meet them." The voices were rude, as Hannibal would say. "Do you have any other injuries from falling?"

Wade Wilson likes this.
  5. Wade Wilson

He never prided himself on being that smart. He was smart enough... intelligent-adjacent, he liked to say. Actually, he never said that, but it seemed like it fit him pretty well. Luckily, his kinda-sorta intelligence carried over to the voices in his head, and her suggestion was met with slight excitement. "Ooh! I want to try! I'm going to try! Count the seconds for me, okay!" One of the voices squealed, before going deathly silent. Which only left one, but at least it was less hassle to with.

"Well, I got to Town Square and Pandora at the same time, so you know, it's both." Hah, a hospital. He hadn't been to a hospital in years. What even WAS a hospital? "I don't need a hospital, I heal real quick, see?" He held up his hand, gripped his index finger, and then ripped it backwards with a horrible snap as he fell to his knees, screaming in pain for a solid minute, before slowly getting back up and catching his breath. It was always the small pains that hurt the most. Probably the same reason stubbing your toe felt like absolute hell. "Oh fuck... ah... ah... there it is... easy..." He sighed, shakily, before waggling his fingers, showing that it had completely healed. "See? Perfectly fine? I'm not going to do that again, so don't ask."

"Abagail." He repeated. That was really normal. Which meant that if this places had 'Abagails', he wasn't in some flipside-bizarro world after all. Or maybe he did, and her name meant absolutely nothing in the grander scheme of things. That was always the tricky part. What was important, and what did people just pretend to be important so that they could cope with whatever fucked up situation they ended up in. "That's a name."

"Like I said, I heal really quick. It's nice, except when it isn't. It's a long story that we might touch on later depending on how long you can bear with me for." He explained, before there was a loud, exaggerated gasp coming from nowhere, and the voice that had been quiet for so long, yet not long enough was back.

"H...how long was that? I needed to stay relevant! I can't function without being the absolute center of attention!" It cried, as the other voice yawned, and gave what could only be described as an 'audible shrug'. "I wasn't counting."

He rolled his eyes, before turning around and glancing at the crowd of passerbys, and gestured forwards. "You wanna get away from these background characters? I think we should book it. They weren't doing much for the scene anyways, and honestly we can do so much better without them. Like finally get an explanation about what the hell this place is." Without really waiting for a response, he started strolling forwards, whistling to himself.

6. Abigail Hobbs

Abigail Hobbs Hannibal

Student
    Race:
    Human
    "You are new. This is Pandora. Actually Pandora Town in Pandora. Strange things happen here sometimes." Abigail was glad to see that he didn't seem upset or angry. Maybe this could be a better place for him that the world he came from, as it was for her. "The strange stuff doesn't always last. The voices could go away on their own." She added, for whatever comfort that was worth.

His demonstration was unnerving and caused her to grimace. With her past, she'd seen blood, organs, other gore and death. Seeing his finger bend and even hearing the snap was tolerable. It was the yell of pain that was deeply upsetting, a reminder of the pain she'd been through and caused. Frightening too. If he did that to himself, she could only imagine what he did to others. "Don't worry. I won't ask." She promised easily. Knowing Pandora, others might. He'd figure that out soon enough.

Her name was a name. She wasn't sure what to make of that comment. It didn't feel like an insult, so she decided not to take it as one.

Abigail could imagine why healing fast would be a double edged sword. Certain people, or at least one specific person, might enjoy discovering the ways and number of times they could hurt him before they killed him. She would have to be careful what she told Hannibal about meeting this man. She wouldn't want to be the one to set off his curiosity. She'd been responsible for enough of his actions already. "This place, Pandora, it's a long story too."

The voices were back. Great. If they couldn't function with attention, then it made sense to ignore them. "Background characters?" Abigail blinked, wondering if he was referring to the voices. "Oh, everyone else." She said as figured out what he meant. She watched him walk for a moment, curious to see if he'd keep going without her and then caught up to him. Explaining Pandora was a difficult task and she decided to start off as simply as she could. "Pandora is a entirely different place than wherever you're from. It's like we're in a different world here." Different world sounded marginally better than telling him that they were in a magical, mysterious box world with invisible walls.