By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Future of the Jedi

Discussion in 'Cascade Bay' started by Luke Skywalker, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Tag: @Rey Solo.
    Date: 2nd August, Year 108.

[​IMG]

Somebody had drilled a hole as thick as Luke's forearm into one of the thala-siren’s flippered feet, so they could fit through a length of sturdy black chain. A large iron nail had been hammered into the nearby rock, the chain fastened around it to keep her tethered to the coast. There were two more slouched next to the siren, holes and chains in their own flippered feet.

A mix of pity, indignation and disgust swirled inside him. Luke approached the closest shackled animal, extending his bare hand. She turned her narrow head to look at him, her long proboscis expanding and contracting as she let out a thick, mucousy snort.

The others uttered occasional snorts of their own, and grunts, twitching restlessly against the crusty, porous rocks of the coast. Water thundered below, throwing up a spray that gleamed in the afternoon light. A warm wind stirred his hair and beard, the hem of his dark cloak streaming out behind him.

Luke crouched down by the siren, catching a strong whiff of rotten fish and stagnant seaweed. He lay his hand on her leg, which was moist and leathery. She gave a grunt, but otherwise didn’t seem to mind. Freeing them was the easy part. His lightsaber would cut through the chain, unless it was made from a special metallic compound, like cortosis or phrik. That seemed unlikely.

The hard part was coaxing them abroad his rented transportation. Thala-sirens were not designed to travel across land. In fact, they rarely swam. Their new owner had needlessly drilled holes into their feet.

He slid his hand down the bumpy, blubbery flesh of the creature’s leg, intending to get a closer look at the chain. When he reached the foot, her neck shot up and she started to flail her head, shrieking and thrashing her bound leg, making the chain rattle and clink against the rocks.

Luke backed away from the siren, raising his hands and murmuring soft, soothing words.

Rey Solo likes this.
  2. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey had been suffering with her nightmares again. Well, not so much again but they were still happening. She had decided to take a walk to try to clear her head and had brought along BB-8 partly for the company and partly so that she was sure Connor wouldn't worry because at least she was with someone, even if that someone was a chatty, enthusiastic droid.

The waves crashed upon the rocks; it was a windy day and the sea had reacted in kind. Rey watched the turbulent scene for a moment before BB-8 caught her attention, calling and telling her of something happening up ahead with a creature. With her staff in hand, she followed the droid diligently, pausing as she saw the creature in question. A quizzical look passed her features; she had seen this being only once before, on Ahch-To.

It was then Rey felt a familiar spike in the Force; almost so quickly and sharply the familiarity gave her pause until she realised who exactly she was looking at along with the creature. Rey's features fell, "What are you doing here, Luke?"

Luke Skywalker likes this.
  3. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

The thala-siren, or sea cow, settled back down again, huffing and snuffling air out through her long drooping snout. Luke had been focusing so intently on the shackled creatures that he had failed to register the significance of a strong ripple in the Force until somebody addressed him. He recognized that mellow, gentle voice with a stiffening of his spinal cord.

Luke turned to look at them, although his vision was redundant on this occasion. He already knew who had come to pester join him among the tortured gray animals. Rey.

Her question provoked a grunt, which could have been interpreted as amused or annoyed or indignant. He felt all three keenly. “What are you doing here?”

Luke eyed the little round droid cagily, before dropping his gaze to the ground. He found it difficult to maintain eye contact with Rey. She was one of a rare few who knew the full, untruncated details of how he had failed his nephew, pushing him into Snoke’s waiting arms. He recalled how she had left Ahch-To, intent on confronting him… Saving him?

“Did you…” Luke began, voice quiet. Hesitant. “Did you go to Ben when you left the island?”

Rey Solo likes this.
  4. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey rolled her eyes at his parroted response and simply answered it with a shrug, given he had flatly refused by his rebuffed answer to give her a proper response. Sure, it was on the side of being childish but Rey wasn't below such things by far.

Her gaze went to the creature before flickering back to Luke. Her weight slumped to one side as she observed the scene in front of her. His question raised her brow. That decision and that night felt like a lifetime ago; for her it had been a year and a half since she had duelled with Luke following the destruction of the hut she had been living in. "You know I did." She pointed out.

"I was right to have faith in him." She said with an air of confidence about her.

5. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey’s last remark had him raising his stony blue eyes to her face and grimly puffing out his cheeks. He gave her a long hard look, the wrinkles deepening in his forehead. Maybe he had misheard her over the crash of the sea?

Or maybe she was the one who was mistaken? Was this a trick, cunningly engineered by Snoke to kill Rey, or worse, coax her to embrace the dark side of the Force?

Luke's emotions were like a stagnant pond. The surface was a thick, foul stinking concoction of wariness and skepticism, but down below in the writhing dark, gleamed hope and wonderment.

Could she have turned Ben's faith, his heart, like Luke had turned his father's all those years ago? But Luke had peered inside his nephew and seen… And felt… And...

"Kylo Ren… Ben Solo… My nephew… You got him to turn?" he whispered reverently, then held his breath, awaiting her reply…

Rey Solo likes this.
  6. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

The way he sounded so surprised made Rey's temper rise almost at once. This had been most of the problem she had held with Luke on Ahch-To when it had come to Ben. She still felt incredibly protective over him and his choices. She could see how someone so lonely would have assumed the worst when they saw someone they were supposed to trust with a lightsaber ignited over their heads. What was he supposed to have thought?

"It depends on your definition of 'turned'." Rey pointed out, leaning her weight onto one side and eyeing Luke. "I met Ben here again last year in Pandora, he was a different man, he did not always lean towards the darker side of the Force in all things. He chose a lighter path, one where he was happy." Rey didn't want to go into their marriage, those things were held close to her heart and very different to the path Kylo was on now in Pandora. She did not know the full extent to his leanings now, except he and Jaesa both preferred the darker side of the Force.

7. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

She had met Ben… In Pandora.

Luke’s eyes bulged with a dizzying mix of shock, fear and fury. He wanted to turn away from Rey, hurry back to his sea cows, back to his new island, but something stopped him.

Was. Why was?

“You speak of him in the past,” he observed solemnly. “Did something happen to Ben?”

Luke’s first feeling was relief, like stumbling across a lush green oasis in the middle of a cracked and arid desert. The shame of that emotion cut him bone deep.

It was only then that other feelings began to bleed out of him… Horror and grief and guilt.

Struggling to bear their weight, he sunk down heavily on a large rock, hanging his head. He did not look at Rey, his anguished expression fixed on the sand and pebbles at his feet.

Rey Solo likes this.
  8. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

There was a clear stiffening about her appearance and the way she looked back at Luke when he asked about Ben. It would be too complicated to go into the whole story here and she was not in a sharing mood, not where he was concerned anyway.

"He was taken back by the vines, when we were on our honeymoon last year." She swallowed, looking back to Luke, "He's in Pandora again, but from a little earlier, before our bond, before we started to work together." She had probably said enough to pique his interest.

She took a few steps towards the creature in front of them and it was only then she noticed it was tethered, "Who did that?"

9. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Honeymoon!?

He lunged back to his feet, his cloak swirling around his legs. “You married him!?”

Luke shook his head at her question with a don’t change the subject manner about him, blustering instead: “One of the greatest Jedi that ever lived came to me the night you left the island. You are the future of our Order and you married the one who wants to bring about its destruction!?”

Lost Ben Solo, you did, Yoda’s scratchy, warbling voice echoed within his mind. Lose Rey, we must not. Luke could almost feel the gnarled wood of his cane against his skin.

Were they too late? Had they already lost Rey, darkness having crept inside her heart?

He thrust out a hand, indicating the smooth sweep of her forehead. "Let me look inside you. I will tell you why I'm here if you let me look."

Rey Solo likes this.
  10. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey heavily rolled her eyes as Luke spoke, letting his anger at her actions wash off her because if there was one thing she was not going to do it was be lectured by an old man about love when he’d spent the last couple of decades hiding out on an island in the middle of nowhere. “I married him because I loved him.” While she still cared about him, circumstances had changed somewhat now and her heart belonged very firmly to another.

Her cheeks were flushed red, partly with thee embarrassment she felt at having to justify her own heart, and then at Luke insisting that he was going to look to see if she had fallen to the dark side. “What does a Jedi master have to do with anything? Did they tell you I was the future of the order because you were completely sure the Jedi had no future when we were on that island!”

Rey batted his hand away and stepped back, “I don’t want you to look inside me, I’m the same as I always was, being with Ben hasn’t changed that- he never wanted to change me.” It worked both ways of course; neither had sought to change the other. They had just wanted to find a balance and to be happy.

11. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Her comments and explanations had him scowling and puffing out his cheeks.

"Rey!" he protested when she batted away his lined old hand, his aggrieved tone carrying a trace of his younger counterpart, whining about the Tosche Station.

He could've looked inside without her permission, but didn't wish to push her further away than he already had with their squabbling about Ben. Luke settled on giving her a surly squint, withdrawing his lightsaber from his cloak. He ignited it with his prosthetic hand, green light falling across his stern face and making him look ill. A bystander might've thought he was about to lash out at Rey.

But he turned towards the thala-sirens, slicing through their chains as easily as if they had been wrought out of seaweed. The creatures uttered bright, cooing sounds, slithering bodily into the water with a series of wet thunderclaps. They reared their long necks above the jagging waves and bobbed their narrow heads, expelling water and foam from their blowholes in celebration.

"I came here to rescue them," he told Rey. "They were stolen from their native island. Saint Sacul. It's my new home in Pandora."

Rey Solo likes this.
  12. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey turned sideways away from Luke and just shook her head as he said her name. There was no way that he was going to be looking inside her heart or doing anything to sense her alliance because really she knew it and she didn’t care what Luke thought in the meantime.

The fact he ignited his saber worried her for a moment and she grasped her own, before she saw him going for the chains which held the creature. Her mouth formed a small ‘o’ in understanding at what he was doing here. “Who has been stealing them?” She asked, finally turning back towards Luke and giving him more of her attention.

13. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

“The Yensid. They have been stealing wildlife and sacred artefacts, selling them to the highest bidder at auction. They’ve unbalanced the island. Caused chaos and confusion. It’s up to me to restore order to Saint Sacul.”

Hey!” A gruff voice bounced across the rugged rocks. It was hard and tumultuous enough to draw the attention of the sirens, which swivelled their angular heads to look. “You morons! You’ve released dangerous wild animals!”

Luke snorted scornfully, turning to scowl at their new “owner”. The loud, gruff voiced man’s bald head flashed in the bright sunlight. He had sagging cheeks, his swollen paunch pressing against his faded garments.

“You better have a good reason why you cut those chains, otherwise I’m gonna shock you into a coma!” he threatened them. In one meaty fist, he clutched some manner of stun stick, which had Luke tightening his grip on his own weapon.

Rey Solo likes this.
  14. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey listened to Luke’s explanation as to why he was there and then looked back to the creature which looked much happier to not be in chains. She smiled at it and then looked back at Luke just as the man appeared, brandishing a taser.

Her hand went straight to her saberstaff and she ignited it, purple blades blared beside her. “Leave, now.” Rey said in an authoritative voice, stepping forwards, holding her saberstaff as she had been trained to do.

15. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey’s saberstaff provoked the corpulent man into backing off hastily, his eyes reflecting the light. He almost tripped over a rock, and had to throw out his arms to stop from falling on his behind.

“You get out of here now… You don’t harass those animals again…” he tried to threaten them, his voice shrill and wavering with uncertainty. “I’m going to get my friends!”

He scrambled off over the rugged rocks. Luke paid his retreating form little attention, his scowl fixed on the saberstaff gripped in Rey’s hands, its purple glow confusing and unnerving him.

“Where did you get that weapon?” he asked, half expecting her to say it was a wedding gift. “Do you still have my-” Luke shook his head, dismissing and inwardly berating his flash of curiosity.

He strode up to the edge of the crumbling land, frowning down at the lapping water and diving sirens. How was he supposed to coax the three of them on to his ship?