HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Fuzzy Thief Terrorizes Town

Discussion in 'Misty Hollow' started by Nanachi, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    March 10th, Year 7
    Fog swirled and danced through the street, casting shadows and shapes that flowed in and out of sight. It seemed to swallow sound, leaving an eerier quiet over the area. The fact that a large part of the town was seemingly abandoned probably helped with that. Seemingly, because during their previous treks into the town Nanachi had learned that the strange and unnatural phenomena that plagued the forest around the town of Misty Hollow extended into it as well.

Which meant that there was a good chance the Narehate wasn't as alone as it appeared, and there was something lurking nearby. And so they moved slowly, padded feet making no sound as they stayed low and out of sight as they made their way further inward; Towards the safe part of the town and the strange barrier that protected it. They needed supplies and materials once again, things that couldn't be found in the forest or easily made. Which meant Nanachi had to 'borrow' it from the residents of Misty Hollow, again.

Nanachi glanced down the road both directions, watching the fog closely as their ears twitched and listened for the slightest sound. When nothing appeared, they scurried across the open space on all fours and back into cover. It wasn't far now to the barrier. And sure enough a minute or so later, the shimmering shape of the barrier became visible through the fog. Wasting no time, Nanachi slipped past it and into relative safety. The Narehate relaxed, smirking slightly under her scarf. The hard part was over, since sneaking around and taking stuff from the people here was almost pathetically easy. Now it was just a matter of finding what they needed.

They set off down the street, low but not as low as before, scoping out the buildings they passed; Looking for signs of movement or people within them.

Midna likes this.
  2. Midna

Midna The Legend of Zelda

Princess
    Race:
    Twili
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    If you'd asked the princess if she'd ever spend time in somewhere like Misty Hollow, the answer would be a simple yes. She often found that it was nicer, calming to be amongst the areas and things the tended to scare people off, it meant you could find moments to be alone and it was more than the peaceful respite she had been looking for. So Midna had been walking amongst the mist, reminded of a certain kid she had met some time before who liked playing pranks in these exact kind of places, the exact kind of place you really shouldn't have.

Midna had seen the strange being walking towards the barrier, her head tilting to the side as she watched from the shadows and slunk a little closer, watching from her hiding spots as she did what she was best at - people watching. With curiosity piqued she came that little bit closer to the stranger, nothing but shadows as she watched, wondering why this being had such a happy smile on their face, as if they had just won something of value and wished to gloat about it to the world.
    "Do tell. What's so entertaining to you?"

As she had spoken, Midna's voice echoed from the shadows she hid in, watching from a safe distance whilst scanning over the details of the being in front of her, the princess thought she'd never seen something like them before, especially those feet that padded along and seemed to make no noise at all.

Nanachi likes this.
  3. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    "Naaa!" The involuntary noise slipped from Nanachi as they were startled by the sudden voice, the fur across their body standing on end as adrenaline flooded through them. Springing forward in the opposite direction to where the voice had come from, the Narehate spun to face whatever being had snuck up on them.

Down on all fours, their head twisted back and forth as they searched the street; Finding it empty. A shudder ran through them, ears twitching back and forth as they sought out any sign of the hidden interloper. Slowly backing away, ready to sprint off at any moment, Nanachi said, "Naaa, that seems like a very rude way to introduce yourself to someone. And without even showing yourself."

Midna likes this.
  4. Midna

Princess
    Race:
    Twili
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Of course she had frightened it. Midna had that kind of affect on creatures and she couldn't blame it in all honesty. With a small smile, she had merely moved with the creature, hiding in its own shadow and lingering within the darkness. The princess did not speak, waiting and finally the... creature, spoke up once more, complaining slightly about the less than usual interactions. Skittish little thing, Midna thought, knowing now for certain it had some serious reason to be doing so, hiding from something or someone it seemed. Readying herself for the being to be frightened once more, the princess tried her best to speak in an even tone and as calm as she could, though she did have a naturally intimidating aura, especially when hiding in someone's shadow.

"Appearances can be deceiving. I'm sure if I showed you my true form you would be less than excited to greet me as you are now." A chuckle the princess couldn't hold back bubbled from her lips at this, teasing the creature as a reminder of how "excited" and scared they had been when first hearing Midna.
    "What are you up to? You seem to be shrouded in mischief and I'm curious of the things you hide." The princess knew when someone was up to no good just by looking at them from a mile away, she herself being someone who had a tendency for the more playful parts of life. Well, she used to be.

Nanachi likes this.
  5. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Now that the initial moment of surprise and shock had passed, Nanachi began to calm. Or at least, it would seem like it to whoever it was currently watching them. They stood back up once again, allowing their body to relax; But still paying very close attention to their surroundings. Making a dismissive scoff, the Narehate's face twisted into an unimpressed look. "Naaa, I might be strange but I much prefer being able to see the freak stalking me and know what they are doing, then have them whispering in my ear and no idea where they are. "

Nanachi began to move again, now making sure to keep themselves more out in the open and their eyes and ears on every possible hiding place. Whoever was talking to them would have to reveal themselves eventually if they wanted to keep following. "You must think I am stupid to tell a strange voice something like that, naaa."

Midna likes this.
  6. Midna

Princess
    Race:
    Twili
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Sticks and stones, little one. You're going to have to try much harder than that when trying to lure someone out." Midna retorted, having heard every cuss and insult possible in her lifetime so far. These words tended to bounce off of her tough exterior nowadays. Still, as she watched from the shadows she couldn't recall quite ever seeing a being like this before, and how funny they seemed to look as well - quite saying something considering just how many odd folk the princess had seen before.
    "No, not stupid. But its perhaps in your best interests to not keep me waiting. Or I'll have to search your person myself." The princess had no intention of doing such a thing, and honestly half her entertainment was already coming from this little conversation she'd found herself in.

Tiring of hiding though, when the woman deemed it was safe enough in the darkness to come out, she did just that. Materialising right in front of the strange being, she towered above and levitated as she so often did, her blue, bare feet hovering just inches from the ground whilst her wolf companion sat by her side and eyed up the stranger.
    "There. Now you see me. Do yo wish to keep secrets or are you going to tell me the simple answer I've asked for?" Midna tilted her head this time, one hand on her hips as the other seemed to all but meld with the loose fabric of her long, billowy sleeves. One way or another, she'd find out what the strange little thing had been up to.

Nanachi likes this.
  7. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    A cold weight settled in Nanachi's stomach as they watched the figures come into existence directly in front of them; Forcing them to stop moving, and then take several steps back. Crouching low, they could only stare at the two and internally curse. The Narehate could feel a nervous sweat starting under their fur as they found themselves face to face with a strange woman and wolf. They were reminded of the one that had given them their home not long after arriving, but they didn't get the same comforting feeling from it. This wasn't good.

They were all but trapped, really. This close to the wolf, they had no chance of escaping if it attacked. And with them being able to appear and disappear, they would never even see it coming. Which left Nanachi with only one choice, to play along and see just what this weird woman wanted. They cocked their head, looking Midna over. "Naaaa, you're not as freaky as some of the other things around here, at least." The Narehate then shrugged lightly, "And I'm not hiding anything. I'm just looking for supplies. Is that enough of an answer for you? Or do you want to know what I had for breakfast maybe?"

Midna likes this.
  8. Midna

Princess
    Race:
    Twili
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    It was frightened.

Midna smiled a little to herself at this for she did not blame the creature in the slightest, but as she moved closer she kept some distance between them, enough to keep Nanachi feeling safe at least. The woman crouched down, folding her arm over the tops of her knees before she propped her chin in her palm, head tilting as the begin wasn't frightened enough not to give her some sass back.
    "Well well, so you do have a bit of fire in you after all." Midna commended, though it likely sounded more like teasing in any case.

"What supplies are you in need of? I might be able to assist you." The princess offered before she whistled for her wolf to come closer too, the animal sitting by her side and looking at the creature with its own glowing blue eyes. Midna stroked the beast's head as she regarded Nanachi a moment longer, smiling to herself before she pointed to where it was standing.
    "I don't suppose if I were to turn you upside down and shake you nothing would fall to the ground and tell me you're lying about hiding something, hmn?"

To prove a point, Midna wriggled one of her fingers in the air before smiling a little more, knowing she probably wouldn't do it in the end but hey, a warning was a fair warning.
    "I'm not here to harm you. And neither is my friend here. He's a good boy, see?" Snapping her fingers gently, the princess had the wold lay down on its belly, grumbling until its head was being petted again leaving Midna to look over to the creature once more.
    "Wouldn't you like to pet him?"

Nanachi likes this.
  9. Nanachi

Nanachi Made in Abyss

Race:
    Narehate
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Dropping down into a crouch and resting their paws against the ground, Nanachi fixed the woman with a flat stare; Made more intimidating or at least off-putting by their unusual pupils. At least when their gaze wasn't flicking towards the wolf, keeping a careful watch on the beast. When it began to move closer at Midna's behest, the Narehate's hackles rose and they shuffled back a little further. "Naaa, I'm so glad I have your approval." Nanachi fired back in a tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Why would you help me? What are you after in return, naa?" " The Narehate cocked their head to the side and narrowed their eyes slightly. They couldn't figure out what this woman wanted. If it was just the amusement of harassing someone trying to get things done, then why would they offer help? Unless, they were like the wolf they had met previously, who simply chose to help. Maybe people here weren't all like those back in the Abyss. But then, that wasn't a risk Nanachi was willing to jump right into stupidly.

The 'threat' leveled at them by Midna made the fuzzy thief's ears twitch and face screw up in indignation. They huffed and jabbed a finger at the woman, stating, "Don't you dare try it, naaa. I may look like a stuffed animal, but I'm not nice like one. I don't have anything on me." Right now, at least. Thanks to the interruption.

"Sorry," Nanachi stated in reply to the question, sounding anything but, "but I have a thing about touching strange animals I know nothing about, naaa. It's what has kept me from being torn limb from limb on many occasions. I'm sure you understand." Sighing at the constantly smiling woman, the Narehate continued. "Why are you so interested in me, anyway? I suppose I should be thankful you're the only thing I've ran into today."

Midna likes this.
  10. Midna

Princess
    Race:
    Twili
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    This person reminded the princess of herself, surprised considering they couldn't look any more different but somehow it felt as if she were talking to herself with the quips being fired in her direction. If the other wouldn't enjoy the encounter, it didn't mean Midna couldn't. Shrugging her shoulders in a gentle manner, the princess wondered if she had to give a half decent excuse for ever wanting to help someone, though it did reveal that the other seemed to have reason to believe no one would help for free. Offering a little insight to their personal life it seemed.

"Must I have a reason to help you? Can I not do it on my own free will? Opportunities like that with not strings attached don't come often. So don't you think you should make the most of them whilst they're available?" The woman pointed out, holding out her palms as if to amplify her reasoning and show she had nothing intended in an ill mannered way. But still, the little being seemed intent on throwing back the usual talk Midna would expect from herself, not anyone else.

"Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or are you always like this? So rude to someone you barely know." Midna sighed, seeming more disappointed than upset though as she looked at the creature.
    "Hear that, Wolfo? You're some strange animal. Fancy that." The animal growled its annoyance before hushing under the palm of its Mistress's hand, Midna smiling back at the being before she straightened herself back up to her tall height, feel levitating off of the ground somewhat as she always found more comfortable than walking.

Regarding the smaller person for a moment more, the princess tipped her head to one side and caused her red waves of her to sway as she did so, highlighting the ominous scar she had sprawling over the centre of her chest.
    "Well I suppose if you're insistent on me not helping then I suppose there's nothing else I can do. Shame... Come on Wolfo, time to go." As if she might disappear into thin air, both woman and wolf began to shimmer around the edges of their very existence, just about ready to disappear back into the shadows unless Nanachi said something more.