By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

get it together | Nic's Organizer

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Nic, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Nic

Nic Coordinator
    Plots & Events Division Application Division

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link

Nic's Organized Chaos

doors and corners, kid. that's where they get ya.​

[​IMG]

About Nic
    YES, HELLO, I'M NIC. I'm 28, mother to three heathens, and just generally clinging to the last shreds of my sanity. I love coffee, The Expanse, and people with good vibes. I love to chat and get to know my RP partners, so please feel free to send me a PM here or a DM on Discord anytime!

A NOTE ABOUT PRIORITIZING​
    I prioritize threads and plots that are taking place in the current season by default, so if we have an older thread from a past season that you'd like me to prioritize, please just let me know! You can post here, send me a PM, or DM on Discord!

Roleplay PreferencesI'm a super laid-back person and the most important thing to me in a RP partner is someone who is willing to communicate!
    ‣ Activity - My activity tends to fluctuate with how chaotic/busy my life is outside of RP. I try very hard not to let threads sit for more than two weeks without a reply, so if you've been waiting longer than that please, please give me a nudge! I am not bothered when people politely remind me that they're waiting for a reply! In fact, I prefer it, because I'm kind of a spaz and even with my tracker I've been known to overlook posts that I owe.

‣ Quality over Quantity! - I don't expect my partners to mirror my post lengths, I just expect to be given enough to work with. If you prefer that I match your length (whether long or short), please let me know! Otherwise my post length tends to vary depending on muse level and situation.

‣ Communication, Communication, Communication! - Above all, just talk to me! Let me know what your ideas are, if you don't like something in my post, if you've been waiting a while and are worried I've forgotten a thread, etc. etc. I have no way of knowing what you're thinking unless you tell me. I'll show you the same courtesy!

‣ Violence/Conflict - Unless I know you well, I won't ever have my character physically affect yours without asking you first, and I'd really appreciate it if you do the same for me. I also prefer to glaze over the details of violence rather than writing everything out blow-by-blow.

‣ Romance - Usually, romance isn't my focus for my characters. They all have plots and lives outside of any single relationship. That said, I definitely enjoy writing and developing it! If you feel like our characters would mesh, don't hesitate to hit me up! They don't have to be from the same canon, crossovers can be a lot of fun.

‣ Plots/Development - I prefer to avoid random one-off threads that don't have any purpose beyond a single scene. It isn't that I don't enjoy those threads, but I do have limited time for rp so I like to make sure my threads are driven by some kind of goal, whether it's part of a long-term plot or character development.

LimitsMy limits fully depend on how well I know my rp partner. For the most part I'm pretty laid back in this area and I'll let you know if we're approaching a subject I'd rather not explicitly describe.

the stars are better off without us​

Organizer templates made for me by @Octi! Do NOT copy or use as your own, thanks!

#1 Nic, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link
    #2 Nic, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  3. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link

Diana Bishop

Vampires aren't the only ones who can hunt.

[​IMG]

WITCH
    A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES
    PANDOPOLIS
    Librarian
    A powerful witch who spent most of her life denying her powers, Diana still has no idea what she's capable of. She's clumsy when she tries to consciously use her powers, though she's done some amazing things in the heat of the moment. She's intelligent, stubborn, and as a historian of alchemy she has a deep appreciation for the past and what has led people to where they are now.

Currently in PandoraWhile she attempts to wrap her head around Pandora, Diana has taken a job as a librarian at the Pandora Library in Pandopolis. When she's not working she's reading, researching, or exploring. She can also be found out running and hiking and other various physical activities.

Plot Hooks!

#3 Nic, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link
    Hansel coming soon!

#4 Nic, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  5. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link

Isabela

Men, ugh. You have to be twice as tough to earn half as much respect.

[​IMG]

HUMAN
    DRAGON AGE
    CRYSTAL VALES
    SMUGGLER
    Flighty, dishonest, promiscuous, greedy. At least, that's what she'll have you believe, and at least three of the four really are true. A free-spirit, Isabela doesn't like being tied down. She prefers the open sea to land, and will agree to just about any job as long as she's being paid well. Her respect is difficult to earn and her trust damn near impossible, but once she considers you a friend she'll (grudgingly) do anything for you.

Currently in PandoraWith the Siren's Call back under her command, Isabela is sailing the seas around the coast of Crystal Vales. On paper she's a perfectly legitimate transport vessel, but there are plenty of nooks and hidden compartments on her ship to make use of for less-than-legal goods.

#5 Nic, Jul 16, 2018
  6. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link

Kristin Ortega

Are you a moron, or just an asshole?

[​IMG]

HUMAN
    ALTERED CARBON
    PANDOPOLIS
    DETECTIVE
    Smol, angry detective. Sarcastic, sometimes caustic, impatient. Passionate, protective, observant, perceptive. Her life is the job, though she's had to readjust her views about what that means in Pandora. Still, she does her best to protect and serve in a world where no one plays by the rules she's used to. Has a fancy bionic right arm (looks real) due to losing her real limb during an investigation.

Currently in PandoraThe Calamity separated Ortega from everyone she loves, so she's thrown herself back into work in an attempt to keep herself from falling apart with worry and grief. Currently she's investigating a string of murders that started back before the Calamity and have since escalated.

She also has Grey Wind, Robb Stark's dire wolf. Robb got snatched to a different region of Pandora after the Calamity, and Kristin couldn't just leave Grey Wind, so here she is with a massive canine that takes up her entire living room itself.

It's cool. She's cool. Everything's cool.

#6 Nic, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  7. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link

Maia Roberts

Strength is loyalty and unity, not dividing people with lies.

[​IMG]

WEREWOLF
    SHADOWHUNTERS
    CENTRIA
    tbd
    Warm, friendly, welcoming. She is kind but assertive when she needs to be, and though she is accepting of who people are there are lines that she draws and will not allow them to cross. She is tenacious and resilient, a fighter and a protector. There isn't much she wouldn't do to protect her pack and the people that she loves.

Currently in PandoraThe details haven't yet been decided, but she'll most likely be settling somewhere near Windjammer Cove with her boyfriend, Simon Lewis.

#7 Nic, Jul 16, 2018
  8. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link

Naomi Nagata

Every shitty thing we do makes the next one that much easier, doesn't it?

[​IMG]

HUMAN
    THE EXPANSE
    COSMIC WILDERNESS
    EX. OFFICER
    Engineering genius, Executive Officer of the Rocinante, a Martian warship. Born and raised on space stations, doesn't like being in Pandora's gravity for long periods of time. Snarky, intelligent, tries to do the Right Thing. Compassionate and empathetic, genuinely cares about people. Knows how to use guns but prefers not to. Abhors violence but understands that sometimes it's necessary.

Currently in PandoraThanks to the fake memories implanted with NPCs after the Calamity, Naomi Nagata is currently on the run with Jim Holden due to having been labeled Elysium's Most Wanted for acts of terrorism and subterfuge. She and Jim are lying low on the Rocinante in the Cosmic Wilderness, and currently attempting to sort out their situation with minimal violence.

#8 Nic, Sep 16, 2018
  9. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link

Octavia Blake

All of me, for all of us.

[​IMG]

HUMAN
    THE 100
    CRYSTAL VALES
    DRIFTER
    Octavia carries the weight of her past like a mantle across her shoulders. She's burdened by the impossible decisions she was forced to make to keep her people alive. She's stoic and reserved on first impression, slow to open up and even slower to trust. She's fierce and ruthless, a hardened warrior on all fronts.

Currently in PandoraAfter the Calamity, Octavia awoke in a cave in Dednear with Robb Stark. They are traveling together for the time being, attempting to make their way back to Pandora Town (now known as Pandopolis), or some other civilization.

#9 Nic, Sep 16, 2018
  10. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link
    Yang coming soon!!

#10 Nic, Sep 16, 2018
  11. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipping Trash
    Community Relations Division

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Greed and @Isabela
    They're both criminals who are just in it for the money and comfort that it brings, so I could see them being allies while at the same time prone to backstabbing each other at any moment, at least at first. Greed is a pretty decent guy who doesn't like to hurt ladies, while at the same time treating them with enough respect (even if his attitude can be taken the wrong way sometimes and he's definitely a very flirty guy) that I can see them getting along well. They're both free spirits that don't like being bossed around, so that another thing that could bring them together

Seeing as Greed's fake history puts him as a very well known crime lord around Crystal Vales and a mysterious one at that, while he also has a civilian identity that owns a popular bar, there's a lot of potential of how they could meet! Whether you want Isabela to meet Greed or "Richard Grasley" first is up to you!

@Ema Skye and @Kristin Ortega
    We had these two meet although the thread never got completed. We could just headcanon it out though! They both do detective work (though Ema is more on the forensics side of thing) so maybe they could be partnered together to solve the murders Ortega is working on? They could end up becoming real friends through this, which is something I feel like both of them might need heh.

@Chise Hatori and @Maia Roberts
    Chise has recently lost the majority of her friends and, coincidentally enough, has been taken in by a kinda werewolf, so I think it could be nice for her to meet a kind lady like Maia. Chise also an odd quality to her that makes some supernatural creatures (werewolves included) feel drawn to her to some extent and more inclined to like her (though it's definitely not a guarantee) so depending on how you want to tackle this, it could make for an interesting meeting!

Nic likes this.
  12. Nyami

Nyami Silver Fox Fanatic

Alignment:
    True Neutral
    @Nic Rotwang could definitely help Joi get herself a body. He is very experienced with stuff like that, having built a robot and essentially copying/uploading a soul into it in canon. I'd love a group thread with him, Joi and Leo if you're up for it!

Nic likes this.
  13. Hunter

Hunter they're in his infinite void of darkness
    Application Division

Natural Disaster
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    • BOBBI && SEG: OK YOU KNOW WAT. i'm just gonna link you to seg's app for you to peruse at your own leisure so i don't continue to go on and on in a tangent over why he feels the way he does about the peacekeepers and not what we can actually do about it. and like. feel free to say NO

so. seg owns a bar in the undercity called votkai (which is kryptonian for 'alien refuge') and caters to, yknow, aliens mostly. he generally stays down there. but he is also from a sci-fi epic about totalitarian governments and brutal police forces, so with little left for him both here and back in his canon, he's gonna focus on just being mad as hell about peacekeepers and the alliance so he doesn't have to focus on his people's impending extinction/genocide. i mean, how do you even cope with that

elysium's superpower law? not gonna follow that. he likes his new powers and will show them off whenever possible, because he thinks it makes him invincible -- which is a hell of a step away from invulnerable. any peacekeepers or upper elysiums who wander down to the undercity for a good time get the same treatment as the military back home, which means he's gonna try to scam them, mock them, and be a general wisecracking pain in his ass because he's untouchable. can't be touched. heard of superman, freaks??

now bobbie. fuck bobbie in particular okay. word on the street says this girl eats bones for breakfast and blood for lunch. now he's not gonna like the way she allegedly treats people like him, poor rats who turn to crime for survival, and he'd give her the hardest time of all if given half the chance. probably in front of other people. maybe even interrupting a tribunal of one of his regulars/NPC friends who got busted in the uppercity on a flimsy charge. like the biggest pain in her neck possible.

Nic likes this.
  14. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link
    @FullMoon
    Greed & Isabela
    Oooh, yes this could work! Perhaps we can start them off as regular contacts/partners. He could fence some of the goods she brings in and she could smuggle out some of his stuff. She would also most certainly visit his bar, as long as it's not too fancy. 8)

My question: would you prefer to headcanon an established rapport with them and perhaps dive into some sort of criminal plot beyond that, or start with their initial meeting? I don't mind either way but I'd love to come up with an arc for them.

Liiiiike. What ifffff, some weeks after their established business agreement/relationship, word of a very valuable artifact reaches the city, and maaaaybe Greed could hire Isabela to fetch it?? There would most likely be double-crossing involved because Isabela can't resist a good opportunity for profit soooo. >: )

Ema & Ortega
    Yeah, we can headcanon that they had a brief chat before going their own ways?

So the case Ortega is working on is going to end up pretty in depth. I'll be throwing up a brainstorm for it in the next week or so. Essentially, it's going to be a culty thing with a big-bad at the end. Each person killed is new to Pandora - arrived within a month, with no connections - and while the killings themselves are somewhat random in nature, that one fact remains the same.

Perhaps we can get Ema involved by having her as the official forensic investigator/scientist in Ortega's district?

Chise & Maia
    Lemme get back to you in this one because I'd love for this to be more than a one-off meeting between them! I have an idea but need to check with someone first hehe. So yes I WILL GET BACK TO YOU ON THESE TWO. ​

@Nyami
    That would indeed be helpful! I need to check with Octi first, but I'll get back to you about what she says!! ​

@Hunter
    um YES. To all of this. YEEESSSS.
    ahem.
    I don't have time to type out a proper reply but I do have some thoughts and I'm going to fling them at you in Discord later if that's okay?? I love this though, and I think it could turn into a really interesting long-term thing where they start as enemies and maybe sort of grudgingly realize that things aren't as black and white as they seem?? BUT YEAH brace urself for my flailing 8) ​

Nyami, Hunter and FullMoon like this.
  15. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipping Trash

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Nic

Greed and Isabela
    Greed's bar is pretty low-key since it's kind of a bad guy bar of sorts except with a surprisingly accomodating atmosphere lol. We can headcanon them having some connections already and I'd love criminal plots between them!

I could see him telling her to go fetch the artitact for him and if she does end up backstabbing him he wouldn't even be mad. Greed appreciates people who are greedy and own up to it so in a way this kind of thing might even endear her to him more. Not enough to not make him try to take it back from her, but, y'know, no hard feelings!

I feel like he might not trust Isabela too much to let him know about his civilian identity (which looks almost perfectly human outside of a few things, compared with his more demonic appearance when he wears his full shield) so it could be funny if she were to meet him in both identities and not realizing they're the same person, at least at first.

Ema and Ortega
    Yeah that works just fine! Ema was working on a serial killings case before the revamp which kinda fizzled out so she's pretty free to be working on stuff like this again. She used to a detective in the homicide area prior to Pandora, so I could see her being assigned to help with Ortega's case because of her expertise.

And alright on the Chise/Maia thing!

Nic likes this.
  16. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link
    Greed & Isabela
    Lol! She will find his lack of retaliation unsettling and suspect because she is not accustomed to people letting that sort of thing go. XD But yeah we can start with this and maybe think up some other plots for them in the future! I can see them becoming regular business acquaintances anyway, and Isabela def needs some of those hehe. How would you like to go about this? Should Greed approach her to hire her or did you want to do it differently?

Ema & Ortega
    Yesss good. I can add a starter to my list for this if that works for you! I can set a scene with a recent murder and Ema can show up for the body?? How about mid-September?

FullMoon likes this.
  17. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipping Trash

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Greed and Isabela
    Yeah, I can totally start a meeting between the two of them! What would be a good time and place for it?

Ema and Ortega
    Sounds good, mid-September is perfect, I feel!

18. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link
    Is Cascade Bay okay?? I figure she'll dock there quite a bit, it's probably one of the main ports she visits 8)
    and how about mid September again? I figure everyone needs a couple weeks to get accustomed to their new lives LOL. September 16th maybe?

FullMoon likes this.
  19. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipping Trash

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    That works! I'll see if I can get a thread up sometime this week or in the next one!

Nic likes this.
  20. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link
    @Hunter I lied I'm going to fling my thoughts at you here so they're halfway coherent >.>

OKAY SO.
    I love the idea of Seg interrupting a trial/tribunal for one of his buds. I imagine he is probably a "wanted" individual in the Overcity, based on how you've described him, so Peacekeepers all likely have orders to arrest him on sight if possible.

I imagine they all have Prometheus Dust ammo so Seg just has to make sure not to get shot. XD butYEAH I'm down for him sewing some chaos and getting his bud out and disappearing back into the Undercity, much to Bobbie's chagrin.

Afterwards she would totally show up right on his doorstep, marching through Undercity like she owns the goddamn place. Basically she'd be like: look man, if you keep this shit up you're gonna cause problems and the Oligarchs are gonna have it out for your ass, too. So let's have an adult discussion and come to an agreement that involves people NOT getting hurt, yeah?

I HAVE THOUGHTS BEYOND THAT but it depends on how such a discussion would go LOL.

Basically I think it'd be cool if they start out as enemies and sort of gradually realize they're on the same side-ish. Or rather, neither of them is super cool with the Alliance. >.> but I can see there being a serious clash of wills to begin with.

Hunter likes this.