By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Get out your phone book!

Discussion in 'Character Directory' started by James McGill, May 5, 2017.

1. James McGill

James McGill Better Call Saul

Independent Lawyer, Business Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]

J
    ames M. McGill

~DIRECTORY~
    Application || Plotter || Thread Tracker
    ~~~~~~~~

TABLE OF CONTENTS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Statistics
    Post template
    RP References
    Relationships

Character Analysis
    Muse Playlist

External Reference Quick Links:
    || Quotes || Wiki Page || Bob Odenkirk Interview 1 + 2 || Tumblr Muse Blog
    Pandora Reference Quick Links: (EDIT ME)
    ||
    Pandora Price Guide || Pandora Town Laws and Regulations || Cascade Bay Laws and Regulations
    || Legal Age in PT || Morhall Laws || Misty Hollow Laws
    || Jimmy's
    Rumor Mill ||

#1 James McGill, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Irene Adler likes this.
  2. James McGill

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link

S t a t i s t i c s
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Basics:

Full Name: James Morgan McGill
    Nickname: Jimmy
    Alias: Saul Goodman (Future)
    Race: Human
    Birth date: October 22nd 1961 (Not Canon)
    Canon Point: After Season 2 of Better Call Saul, (Year 2002)
    Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States
    ]Pre-Pandora Residence: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
    Previous Residence: Pandora Town
    Current Residence: Pandopolis
    Income/Salary: Med to High
    Birth order: Second born, youngest sibling
    Siblings: Older Brother - Charles McGill
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Relationship Status: Undisclosed
    Significant Other: None (Irene Adler)

Physical Characteristics:
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 172 lbs
    Ethnicity: Caucasian with Irish descent
    Eye Color: Silver-Blue
    Hair Color: Brown

Other:
    Education: University of American Samoa - Online Law Degree.
    Languages: English, some Spanish.
    Religion/Beliefs: None. Had Christian influences.
    Myers Briggs: ENTP "The Debater"
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Zodiac: Libra
    Habits: Has smoked Marijuana. Occasionally smokes cigarettes and drinks alcohol, not addicted.
    Desires:
    Money, influence, and power. Respect. Recognition. Freedom to do as he pleases.
    Motivated By: Sibling rivalry. Personal ego, acquisitiveness, pride, and desires.
    Fears: Death, peril, and pain of personal self and loved ones. Drowning

#2 James McGill, May 5, 2017
  3. James McGill

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link

Post Templates
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[​IMG]

~Text~

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

~Text~

[​IMG]
    ~Makes more sense than you two~

~I'm still tryin' to figure out how that happened~

[​IMG]
    9/1/108

Text

Text

Text

Text

#3 James McGill, May 7, 2017
  4. James McGill

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
  5. James McGill

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link

~ R E L A T I O N S H I P S ~
    [​IMG]

Charles has always taken care of his younger brother with tough love and wisdom, and he ultimately was the reason James changed his way of life, evaded a hefty prison sentence, moved to Albuquerque, and became a lawyer. But in the last few years, James became the one taking care of him. Charles developed an intolerance to electricity and it took over his life for a while, bringing him down from a successful and powerful lawyer to a grumpy old hermit. Now it seems Charles has been cured of his illness and he is proving to be formidable competition for his younger brother when it comes to their law careers.

[​IMG]

Irene was once just another (very attractive) client, but now she is the only reason he wakes up every morning to face this fucked-up world. The two of them have been through hell and back, and James would do anything for the stubborn, witty, smoking-hot, and formidable (former) business partner. Their personal partnership is stronger than titanium, and he wouldn't trade it for the world. Their relationship is not public, yet if you catch them at certain times in certain places, you might just spy a glimpse of their exchange of a warm knowing smile.

[​IMG]

John Watson and Sherlock Holmes

Unfortunately, the day James met the dynamic duo was the day they sacrificed their lives to save him and Irene. It is a memory that will haunt him for years to come. Jimmy still tries to tuck the memories of them away into the far recesses of his mind, and even then only focuses on his immense respect and gratitude for their heroic bravery.

[​IMG]

Eurus Holmes

Sherlock's sister; a psychopathic stalker from hell who has caused nothing but pain and suffering to those she's came in contact with-- namely Jimmy and Irene. After being kidnapped, nearly drowned, assaulted, and shot, Jimmy doubts there is another person in this world who stirs as much fear and hatred within himself as Eurus did. Fortunately, she's dead now, and James doesn't have a sliver of guilt about being the one to pull the trigger.

[​IMG]

Sebastian Moran

A war vet who James took a chance on and regretted. Sebastian showed himself to be untrustworthy and undeserving of a second chance after allowing Irene to be mauled by a weretiger. They also supposedly did 'not' have feelings for each other, which caused James a bout of worry for a while.

[​IMG]

The most bitter and acidic woman James has ever met, but Jimmy just can't stop being a friendly pain in her side. He is definitely keeping a tally of their wins when it comes to representing opposing sides of a court case.

[​IMG]

The bastard weretiger who assaulted James in September and nearly killed Irene on multiple accounts. Needless to say, this bastard has a hefty bounty on his head.

[​IMG]

A private investigator who is great for sniffing out clues to murder mysteries that James hires on occasion.

[​IMG]

The best/worst secretary in the world who loves to hide vampire-slaying stakes around the office and who does a fantastic job at keeping the aquarium clean.

[​IMG]

James' favorite vampire in Pandora who helped him spare Irene from prison during the Summer of year 6.

#5 James McGill, May 17, 2017
    Poppy Adams, Hunter and Irene Adler like this.
  6. James McGill

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
  7. James McGill

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link

James McGill in a Nutshell
    ~ A short analysis by Jen~

SPOILER ALERT!!

~Do not watch if you plan on watching Better Call Saul~
    ~~(Defining moment and canon point just before being taken to Pandora)~~

In this clip of the finale of Season 2, we are given evidence of two crucial qualities of James McGill's character;
    1. James does morally bad/illegal things for what he believes to be morally good reasons,
    and
    2. James isn't ashamed of that.
    "I did it for Kim!"

James doctored paperwork to sabotage his brother's case in order for the client Mesa Verde to fire Chuck and re-hire Kimberly Wexler as their lawyer, who James believes deserves to represent their case after her hard work building it. This shows that his ethics are not defined by the rules or the law and that his decisions are primarily driven by his heart.
    "I am sayin' it to make you feel better-- sure as shit wouldn't be tellin' ya otherwise. But yes. It's the truth."

He confesses this felony to his brother IN ORDER to make him feel better about the consequences of the crime, but ALSO because he believes that he is safe to do so on account of Charles' aversion to electronics. (Charles plants this false sense of security by over-exaggerating his condition, but I will spare you my large in-depth analysis of Chuck.)
    "You do realize you just confessed to a felony?"
    "I guess. But you feel better, right? Besides, it's your word against mine."

This shows that he is willing to risk his own security to assuage the unsettled feelings of others-- provided, of course, that he is able to do so without suffering the consequences. Jimmy is a risk-taker for the sake of himself and others, and he had every reason not to suspect that his brother was recording him and ultimately setting him up for a confession. This shows that while he is cautious about his crimes, he can be over-confident with them as well.

"I honestly didn't think it would hurt you so bad."

While Jimmy is NOT ashamed for breaking the law and cheating to obtain a goal-- he IS at least somewhat ashamed for hurting someone in order to reach his goal. This is not just because Charles is his brother. He displays regret and guilt for his actions that resulted in the harm of others many times throughout the show.

The clip also shows his frequent habit of alluding to pop culture, history, etc. in his speech and metaphors with the mention of "Jim Marley," and "Nixon."

In this clip Jimmy's emotions and states of mind range from guilty hesitance to sheepish admittance to a humored retelling to a frustrated wistfulness to a gentle bitterness to a reluctant triumph. It provides a good range of his tone of voice, gestures, and other idiosyncrasies that I try to mimic in my writing and that I believe is beneficial for those who are not familiar with his character to be aware of.
    And that's Jimmy in a Nutshell!

#7 James McGill, Nov 20, 2017
    Irene Adler likes this.
  8. James McGill

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory: