By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Application Division is seeking new mods.
    Click here for more information!

ghost town

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Ygritte, May 2, 2018.

1. Ygritte

Ygritte Guest

may 9 / @Bellamy Blake

Ygritte had, in actuality, gotten over Sephiroth destroying her bow. At least, she could think about it without wanting to put an arrow up his arse, so that was something. But the fact remained that her only other weapon was a small knife; and, as determined as she was to live outside of this place's towns, that wouldn't do for long. Sephiroth seemed determined to make her a new bow, a superior one, but she couldn't wait for that. She'd already been caught in the open, and she might not live through the next time.

So, to the town for supplies she went, because the middle of the woods lacked the traders and stockpiles even of her frozen north. She had a couple deer pelts strung around her back to trade for money, or to barter for a better weapon, however things might work here.

Thing was, the town was quiet. There weren't many people out and about, and the first building she tried was locked up. And the next.

Then, the growling started.

Ygritte turned, expecting a wolf or bear to have wandered into town, but before her was... something else. It walked on two legs, had bony, elongated limbs, a distorted face with beady eyes, and fingers that ended in long, curved claws. The mouth took up too much room on its face and was full of crooked, yellow fangs. It existed somewhere between a man and beast, and its appearance was enough to put fear even in the heart of the wildling.

She dropped the dear pelts, pulled her knife, and started backing away in a crouch. It lowered itself to scamper a few steps on all fours, moving in strange, erratic motions. It was fast. It lunged, and it was all she could do to dive into a roll and avoid its reach. The noise it made was a bone-shaking screech, and Ygritte's heart was pounding as she scrambled to her feet, reached for a brick on the ground, and chucked it with all she was worth. It hit the creature in the face, and she ran for it.

Bellamy Blake likes this.
  2. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

I GOT NOTHING LEFT TO PROVE
    cause i got nothing left to lose

It wasn't often Bellamy Blake found himself back in one of the towns, and yet there he was, walking through Misty Hollow. There was familiarity there, of course. It was the first place he'd ever lived in Pandora, but there were bad memories associated with it, too. That son of a bitch with the gun and his asshole sidekick with the crossbow forcing him inside at gunpoint. Putting him in some bunker and keeping him there, tied up until the day Negan came to get him. Not that it was the worst memory he had. Far from it, but that didn't exactly keep him from feeling a little bitter as he moved through the streets.

Still, it all felt just a little bit different. Gloomier. More eerie. And that was impressive, because it always had felt a little gloomy and eerie. Bellamy wouldn't have been here at all if he didn't have old friends in town who needed help. Otherwise, he would've minded his own business and stayed in that little community over in the Myrtle Woods. Would've kept to his own people. It wasn't like they didn't have problems of their own.

But Bellamy could never seem to resist the urge to go play hero. It was more than that, though. It was racing head-first into trouble because maybe, just a little bit, he thought he deserved it. Maybe, just a little bit, he thought if death finally came and took him, then that would be alright. He'd just-- He'd killed too much. He'd hurt too much.

As though on cue, the sound of racing feet reached his ears and pulled him from his thoughts. Bellamy's brow furrowed and already, his gun was in his hand. There was something else, though. A low growl followed by the cracking screech of a creature headed in his direction, but before Bellamy could even react, a redhead was racing around the corner and barreling right into him, sending the pair of them both rolling onto the ground, the gun skidding straight out of his hand and several feet from his fingertips.

"Up, up, get up--" he hissed, the stranger still half of top of him just as the creature itself came skidding around the corner itself, moving too quickly to really control itself as it slammed into a lamp post. Suddenly, Bellamy was moving with a hell of a lot more urgency.

Ygritte likes this.
  3. Ygritte

Ygritte Guest

Ygritte whipped around a corner, hoping to lose the thing racing behind her, looking over her shoulder to see if it would follow-- and then smacked right into a wall. A wall that fell back, and was rather warm as her face smooshed into part of it. Not a wall at all, it seemed- a man, hissing at her like getting up wasn't exactly what she was trying very hard to do.

She was up on her feet quick enough, glancing quickly at him. A young man, handsome, but apparently stupid enough to have been going the wrong way. There was a metal something on the ground, but Ygritte was already moving down the road. "I haven't got a weapon, come on!"

4. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

Well, she sure as hell didn't look back as that creature came into view, Bellamy hesitating only a split second. He was very nearly on her heels by the time he scrambled to his feet, but then he realized very quickly that his hands were empty and his eyes searched for gun that had fallen from his grasp.

Suddenly, he was grabbing for it and taking over at a run just as he felt a jaw snapping just behind him. The redhead up ahead was still in his sights, racing around a corner, and Bellamy followed as quickly as he could, turning his head when he reached the corner so that he could fling his arm out toward the pursuing creature and fire three shots. They struck. Somewhere. Bellamy didn't dare stop to see where or how much damage the bullets had done as he sped around the corner, but he could hear the distinct sound of a cry of pain.

Or was that anger?

Ygritte likes this.
  5. Ygritte

Ygritte Guest

Three blasts rang out, and rattled in Ygritte's bones. She flinched and dropped down almost automatically, expecting some sort of explosion, but... instead, she turned and saw the man she'd run into holding up that metal device of his. Apparently, he'd hurt the monster. The thing was screeching, a noise that seemed to grind at the inside of Ygritte's ears.

Whether or not he'd killed it-- it sure didn't sound like it-- she couldn't tell, and wasn't going to go back to find out. As soon as he'd caught up a bit, she turned and took off.

A few moments later, she passed a narrow alleyway, and stumbled to a stop. Quick steps took her backwards, her hand gripping the front of the stranger's shirt and yanking him in after her. In the alley, she flattened her back to a brick wall and tried to control her breathing. She could've reached out and touched the other side, and the shadow of the building would hide them well enough-- she hoped. Her eyes glanced towards her companion-by-circumstance's face, hoping he understood to shut up and keep the ridiculously loud banging noises to a minimum.

6. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

He saw her low to the ground, staring back at him, and at that particular moment, it didn't really occur to him why. Gunshots were loud, sure, and he would've summed it all up to that, not the fact that she had no idea what a gun even was. Still, either way, it wasn't urgent enough a reaction to keep her from running, to his relief. If she hadn't gotten up, Bellamy would've dragged her to her feet to keep her going, but she seemed to have one hell of a survival instinct. Something they clearly had in common.

She had a sharp eye, too, because his gaze was still fixed straight ahead as they ran and he hadn't spotted what she'd spotted, not until he felt her hands on his jacket, tugging him into the darkness of the slim alleyway. Pressing himself up against the wall beside her, Bellamy caught the look of urgency in her eyes as she glanced toward him. His lips pressed to a thin line as he worked to both control and lighten his breathing.

The monster pursuing them had slowed its pace, too, and was stalking closer to their location, sniffing about and listening carefully for any sign of life beside it. Until it started to pace away from them in a deep huff of what Bellamy could only assume was frustration for having lost its dinner. Or toys. Whatever they were to it.

Still, the pair of them waited, several moments of silence passing before Bellamy glanced toward her and then finally moved. Gun still in hand, he carefully slipped past her, shifting through the small space between she and the wall opposite. Stepping out with caution, he looked down one end of the street and then the other before taking another step and then another until he glanced back to the redhead and gave her a nod. "We're clear. For now," he said, his voice still a hush. Just in case.

Ygritte likes this.
  7. Ygritte

Ygritte Guest

She breathed in slow, quiet breaths, fixed her eyes on the stone pattern across from her. If she turned her head, she could only see the stranger's neck and dark hair, anyways, without leaning forward. She didn't move until he did, brushing past her and head through the space the opposite way they'd entered. Ygritte followed close behind, with a last glance over her shoulder.

Pale eyes glanced around where they exited, but she, of course, recognized nothing. She'd planned on getting in and out of the town as quickly as possible, but that didn't seem like it was happening anymore.

"What happened to this place?" she asked, her voice quiet. "I was told there were.. people, here, and supplies. Not... whatever that lovely thing was."

8. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    She made one hell of a valid point and there was no mistaking what could only be seen as worry on Bellamy’s face. After all, he had come here for a reason. He had come here for a friend and yet there was nobody at all to be found. The streets were deserted and the place had never looked so much like a ghost town.

Where were the people? Were there any people?

“There were, once. I lived here a long time ago, but it wasn’t ... it wasn’t like this,” he admitted, looking toward her. “The barrier fell. The thing that keeps this place safe ...”

There was dread lingering on the fringes of those words. “Let’s keep moving before that thing comes back.”

Ygritte likes this.
  9. Ygritte

Ygritte Guest

Barrier? Well, Ygritte supposed he was right, because she hadn't noticed anything resembling a barrier as she'd come in. She kept pace with him as he moved away. She almost asked safe from what? but their recent encounter seemed to answer that sufficiently.

"Is there someplace we can go?" she settled on. If this barrier was gone, and there were monsters enough to clear the streets, it didn't seem that there would be a safe place without leaving the town. But even that could be risky.

10. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    “You mean somewhere safe?” he asked, a dry laugh escaping his lips as though he were just wishing for exactly that. “This was supposed to be the safe part of town. My guess? Nowhere is safe.”

Bellamy hesitated, side-glancing her. “I need to find someone. I came here to help a friend, but I can help you get the hell out of town first. But the woods, they aren’t much better ...” It was a gamble. Everything was a gamble. “So I can get you out. Or we can stick together.”

Like hell was he gonna leave without tracking down Ethan. If he was even still alive. But she didn’t have any obligation to stick around. She’s come here for people, for supplies. She was a case of wrong place at the wrong time.

Still, the idea of leaving her side at all didn’t sit right with him, but maybe that was the damn hero complex. Or the guilt for how many lives he had taken.

Ygritte likes this.
  11. Ygritte

Ygritte Guest

Ygritte considered the options he'd laid before her. Of course, there was another: she could go off on her own. She didn't like the idea of a stranger, however well-meaning, sticking his neck out to take her back to the woods, and delay his apparent rescue mission. She wouldn't be somebody's burden. But she was also unarmed, besides her little knife. Going off on her own might not end as luckily as this time had.

"I'll stay," she decided out loud. "Once your friend is safe, we can all get out together." She was more motivated by survival than anything else, but it sounded like a nice thing out loud. "Any idea where to start?"

12. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    A part of him felt relieved by her decision. If she went off and ended up dead, Bellamy wouldn’t have been able to live with himself. He wasn’t sure when the fates of strangers had started to weigh so much on him, but that hadn’t changed at all. There was this slightly outward sigh of relief in response.

And then he was focused on the task at hand.

“... I know where he lives. It might be a long shot, him still being there, but it’s a start,” he reasoned aloud before setting off down the street, his gun still firm in his hands. He looked like a soldier on alert. Bellamy always had been.

“What’s your name?”

Ygritte likes this.
  13. Ygritte

Ygritte Guest

Ygritte nodded. At least this one seemed to have an idea about what he was doing, so it seemed more likely they wouldn't just walk in circles chased by monsters all day and night.

"I'm Ygritte," she replied. "And you?" Then, with a nod towards his hand, "Now, can you please tell me what that is?"

14. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Ygritte. It was easy enough to remember, and to be honest, judging by the way she was staring at the gun in his hand and the fact that she was literally wearing animal pelts for clothes, well ... Bellamy didn’t think he would be forgetting her anytime soon. It wasn’t her fault. It was Pandora’s fault for tossing her into this merciless world of unknowns, and suddenly the fact that she had been on the ground a second after he had shot his gun made a world of sense.

“Bellamy,” he said distractedly, dipping his gaze to follow hers toward his gun. “This is a gun. Like ...” He hesitated. How did he explain this?

How would he have explained it to a grounder? It was different with the grounders, they knew about guns. The world had just lost them.

“It’s like a bow and arrow, just more ... lethal, I guess.”

Ygritte likes this.
  15. Ygritte

Ygritte Guest

Well, Ygritte had heard odder names in this world than Bellamy. She instead focused on learning this new thing. A gun. The small device that managed to make a sound like an explosion. She narrowed her eyes at it, then lifted her gaze to Bellamy.

A bow and arrow she understood. "Well, it's much louder than a bow and arrow. Doesn't that let all the monsters know where you are?" She lifted an eyebrow skeptically. As for her... as soon as she could get her hands on a bow, she'd be sticking to that. But at the same time, she'd seen what the gun could do, and was glad to know he had one handy.

16. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

"Not if you don't miss," he shot back, a faint smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. Okay, so there was the concern of all the other monsters in the vicinity, which was probably exactly what she was talking about. And she was right, but you couldn't gamble with these things either. Nobody knew what the hell they were dealing with. She didn't. He didn't. Hell, she didn't even have a weapon. "I'm sorry, would you feel more comfortable if I tossed it?"

The answer was no, he knew that before he'd even finish the question and it was obvious, given the look he was giving her. "What're you, from the stone ages? I know that kind've thing is possible here." Aren't you hot? he wanted to ask, too, eyeing the furs. It was the middle of the damn summer.

By some miracle, he kept his mouth shut. Urgency of the surroundings and all that.

Ygritte likes this.
  17. Ygritte

Ygritte Guest

Ygritte matched his look with a semi-joking, semi-annoyed one of her own. But the truth couldn't be helped. "No, you should keep it, I s'pose," she grumbled. It was better than nothing. His expression seemed to change, however, when he looked over her.

Her brows scrunched towards each other, and she looked at him like he was crazy. "I don't know what that means, but you're the strange lookin' one," she countered as though that should be very obvious, and because she knew what his look meant. She'd swapped out the furs of the northern animals from back home for lighter deerskins that she'd fashioned herself. Bellamy, meanwhile, had even lighter clothes on-- like what they'd worn in that city she'd been dropped in. "How'd you get the stitches so close together?" she asked, suddenly curious, eyeing the hem at the collar of his shirt.

18. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

"S'exactly what I thought," he said, turning away from her and continuing the careful trudge in the direction they were headed, his eyes peeled. Her eyes, though, as he glanced toward her again, seemed to be much more focused on him and it took a lot of self control not to blurt out some stupid quip that sounded way too egotistical for his own good.

Some days, he felt a lot like that idiot who had stepped out of the dropship and onto the earth for the first time.

Still, it didn't stop him from snorting with amusement at her question. Shit, she really was from the stone age. "You know, I can't wait for the day someone tries to get you into a pair of jeans."

Ygritte likes this.
  19. Ygritte

Ygritte Guest

Bellamy's reply had her straightening out, leaning away from him with a sour look on her face. "And I suppose you're from some grand version of the future where things like what you put on your body matter. Lucky you. I was too busy surviving to worry 'bout shit like fashion." Her nose was wrinkled in utter distaste to his attitude.

"Yeah?" Whatever jeans were, she vowed to never let it happen. "And I'd like to see you survive one single day where I come from." If she had a bow, he'd have an arrow up his ass, and that'd be that.

20. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link

Somehow, that managed to set her off and Bellamy turned his head, pulling a face as he watched her lean away from him. “Whoa, whoa, put your claws away. I know more than enough about survival, I don’t need you teaching me any lessons,” he said, and as serious as he may have been about that, there was a glint in his eye like he was amused by her fire and how quick she was to jump down his throat for something he didn’t think mattered.

They really were from different times, weren’t they?

Silence lingered between the pair of them for a moment, and then Bellamy finally broke past it, mind drifting back to her previous question. “They came that way. The stitches. Close together. I don’t make the clothes, I just find them and then I wear them.” He shrugged a shoulder like it wasn’t a big deal. It shouldn’t have been.