HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Girls' Night

Discussion in 'Residences' started by Eleanor Lamb, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Korra

Korra Avatar: The Legend of Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Hey, maybe he just wanted to test it for you," Korra said. Right, the sleepover. They were kind of winging it right not, but apparently Cheryl thought they were doing okay. Bolin and Asami were way better at this kind of social stuff then she was. What would they do?

"I don't know about snacks but there's a whole lot of chips in the kitchen. And some fish in the freezer that I could make, I guess... Not sure what kind of games are around here though."

Eleanor Lamb and Heather Mason like this.
  2. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "Spider-Santa sounds like an interesting man." clearly Eleanor needed to look up more information about him but that was for another day. Right now there was a sleepover underway and according to Cheryl they were only doing one of the many things they entailed. Korra already had food covered, even if eating fish felt a little too much like home.

"That's fine." she answered unenthusiastically.

Games. That was the next thing. Most of the games Eleanor knew were ball sports and she wasn't even sure how to properly play them. On top of that, her idea of fun involved reading books and taking apart electronics. Not exactly the most thrilling of experiences and certainly not something that could be done in groups. Clearly, talking about interesting things was the way to go.

"...what about you Cheryl? What's your world like"

Korra and Heather Mason like this.
  3. Heather Mason

Heather Mason Silent Hill

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Yeah, a food tester is the first sign of nobility," Heather joked, "Mr. Bubbles is just helping you out there." It was a good thing that it was a bunny and not a dog. Probably. Actually, Heather had no idea if bunnies were allergic to chocolate, but she figured it was probably fine.

The food sounded taken care of, but Heather hastened to elaborate. "The games are usually pretty simple," she said, "like, truth or dare or would you rather. Stuff that's mostly talking and trying to embarrass each other." Hopefully in a more lighthearted way than Alessa had ever been embarrassed.

"My world?" she repeated when Eleanor asked, "not much to say, really. Not much magic or anything interesting like that. Most people just live quiet lives, and it's less technologically advanced than here, too. Our phones could never connect to the internet like they can here." She really didn't want to bring down the mood by bringing Silent Hill up.

Korra likes this.
  4. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "I could've picked something else up to eat if I knew anyone was coming over," Korra said to Eleanor, though she didn't sound too annoyed about it. She did recognize the game of Truth or Dare though, and Korra remembered something she had lying around.

"Hold on, I have something if we wanna play a game!" She disappeared into the nearby kitchen, leaving Naga to wander off back into the living room. A minute later, Korra came back holding a decent sized empty bottle made of thick glass. She'd gotten it from the bar a while ago (though it'd been full at that point) but hadn't gotten around to recycling it yet.

"We can use this if we're going to play Truth or Dare, but I guess that'd be called Spin the Bottle. It still works though!"

Heather Mason likes this.
  5. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to clean after him." Eleanor lamented. It was a learning experience to see that a rabbit's metabolism could produce so much waste. One would think such an easy prey would be more efficient energy-wise but no.

Cheryl's world was average—of course to anyone from it would be—but it was interesting to note that this unremarkable place was only less advanced than Pandora. That was something they had in common, for all its technological achievements, Rapture was beaten by Pandora in almost every aspect.

"I had never seen a mobile phone back home, and neither this metaphorical web everyone keeps talking about."

Something to think about, the supposed paradise free of constrictive morals or conservationism wasn't nearly as advanced as a big number of worlds. But wasting brain power on that wasn't fun. What was fun and what the girls where here for, was a game. Apparently shared embarrassment and dares were the norm which did remind Eleanor of the "barbaric" attitude of the few children she had met in her life.

Korra was excited to get in on these games and brought a bottle to start things off. She had some kind of variant in mind that involved spinning said bottle, but Eleanor still wasn't sure why.

"How do you play this?"

6. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Our phones weren't small enough to fit in a pocket either," Heather commiserated with Eleanor, "we really just had payphones for calling people outside of the home. Big, boxy things that were on street corners and stuff that can only make a call when you put a quarter in." She was just assuming that neither girl knew what a payphone was, but why not, she decided.

Korra left for the kitchen and returned with a bottle, which turned the potential game into a real sleepover game. No such thing as a sleepover without a spin the bottle game, right? At least Korra knew how to play, seemed that Eleanor needed instructions.

"Well, we sit in a circle and spin the bottle," she said, "whoever it lands on has to either answer a question truthfully, or do something the other two dare her to do. Usually something silly, like prank call someone, or eat something disgusting."

Korra and Eleanor Lamb like this.
  7. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Yeah, you play it just like that, pretty much," Korra said. "Oh, and if you refuse to tell the truth, you have to do a dare instead. It's supposed to make everyone learn things about each other with the truth part, but I guess refusing to talk about specific things is also kind of a hint in its own way. So are you up for it?" she asked Eleanor.

8. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "That's exactly what we had in Rapture. I suppose since there were already radios that could transmit all over the city we didn't need anything better in terms of mobile communication." Eleanor explained.

"Truth or dare" as it was apparently called, had an interesting setup. It was mostly a thinly disguised excuse to make the group know itself better, not that there was anything wrong with that. The fact they could complete a simple dare instead of answering any particularly sensitive questions, pleased Eleanor. It was as good a time as any to make up for the lost time.

"Of course!" she said, quickly sitting on the floor and placing the bottle in front of her.

9. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Rapture?" Heather repeated, "weird name for a city. But yeah, it was a pretty big change, going from payphones to cellphones. Not a bad one; it's way cooler to be able to call people wherever without carrying a bunch of quarters."

It seemed like the the game was going to start. Heather took a seat as well, nodding to Eleanor. "Well, it's your party, so you should probably go first," she suggested.

10. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Alright then!" Korra went to sit down as well, completing the circle. Naga had claimed the entire couch that was behind them, watching the group with mild interest. "If the bottle points back at you, you can just spin it again," she said to Eleanor.

11. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "Ok." Eleanor said, leaving her rabbit aside to spin the bottle. And appropriately enough, it landed on Cheryl.

Coming up with an embarrassing question was easier said than done. Eleanor didn't know much about Cheryl so she had to base it around what she personally found uncomfortable.

"Oh, I know. Is there any boy you like?"

12. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather watched the bottle spin, slightly concerned that she had made a terrible mistake. Who knew what these girls would come up with? She wasn't going to wimp out, of course. She could take whatever they could throw at her.

And it looked like that bravado was necessary, because she was picked first. Luckily, the first question thrown at her was easy. "Nope," she said, "I haven't really been around guys my age lately. Nice try, though."

With that, she leaned over and grabbed the bottle, spinning it around. Eventually it landed on Korra. With a smirk, Heather asked, "truth or dare?"

Korra likes this.
  13. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    So they were going for the love life stuff right away, huh? Well that didn't scare her! Korra had nothing to hide. Or at least she thought she didn't.

"Truth," she said to Cheryl, crossing her arms.

14. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    That was... disappointing.

Cheryl didn't really hang out with boys her age so there was no candidate for them to make fun of. At least it was Korra's turn now and Eleanor knew her a lot better. She tried to put on a brave face but she wasn't as confident as the newcomer.

"I happen to know Richard finds her very attractive." Eleanor said.

15. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather needed to think of what her question was even going to be. She didn't really know anything about Korra, so she could always fall back on asking the same question Eleanor did, but that'd be cheap and she refused.

Before she knew it, however, Eleanor brought up a good segue into a question. "Oh really?" she asked with a grin, "well, in that case, do you like Richard back? You know, do you find him attractive?"

Eleanor Lamb and Korra like this.
  16. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "What, Richard?" Korra asked. Oh yeah, he had kind of... hit on her a little during the job interview, now that she thought about it. Of course Eleanor knew about that. "I mean, I thought he just sort of did that with all the girls closer to his age..." she said, a little embarrassed.

Besides, she was still a little stuck on someone else to really think about other people at the moment. "He's not a bad looking guy with those arms of his, but... not my type, sorry." Korra grabbed the bottle and spun it. The open end settled on Eleanor, and korra relaxed again.

"Alright, truth or dare?"

17. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Whether Korra's theory regarding Richard's behavior was true or not, it didn't matter. Eleanor was still going to have the time of her life bringing it up.

"I remember him speaking very fondly of your figure." Eleanor snickered.

But all right, so he wasn't her type. Eleanor wasn't going to keep harping on that... for now. It was her turn, anyway.

"Truth."

18. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather had no idea who this 'Richard' was, but from what Korra was saying, it seemed like he was a bit of a creep. At least he was only looking at girls his age, so it wasn't as bad as it could've been. And maybe she was just reading too much into it.

The bottle was spun again and this time Eleanor was up. She sat back, curious to see what would be the result of this truth.

19. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Korra didn't want to tire out the "romance" topic so fast, so she thought about another type of question.

"Okay...If you could only eat one kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?" she asked Eleanor. She had a feeling she knew the answer already, but it was an innocent enough question to drop someone's guard with.

20. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Pandora had a lot of very savoury dishes including actual red meat, an untold variety of vegetables and fruits, and desserts of every kind. Even the blander products still managed to be fascinating—tofu was straight-up weird. But even with such a variety in mind, more familiar food was what first came to Eleanor's mind.

"Probably potato chips because they have always made me feel safe. They would destroy my kidneys eventually but I can think of worst ways to die."

Eleanor spun the bottle again and this time it landed on Cheryl.

"What is it going to be?"

#40 Eleanor Lamb, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018