HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Girls' Night

Discussion in 'Residences' started by Eleanor Lamb, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    The good news were Eleanor's drawing was well-received considering the way it had been drawn. The bad news were that now she looked like an idiot for jabbing her own eye.

"My eye is fine. It just stings a bit." she assured Korra, even opening her eye to show her everything was okay. She didn't need help and certainly not having Korra show off how perfect she was.

#61 Eleanor Lamb, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Korra and Heather Mason like this.
  2. Heather Mason

Heather Mason Silent Hill

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Hey, drawing so close to an eye has its fair share of dangers," Heather joked, trying to ease some of the embarrassment. She considered just telling Eleanor how to wash the marker off immediately to help make her feel better, but that'd probably just be seen as condescending.

Korra and Eleanor Lamb like this.
  3. Korra

Korra Avatar: The Legend of Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Korra got even closer and inspected Eleanor's eyes for a long moment before stepping back, a slight frown on her face.

"Well I don't see anything, but tell me if it gets worse later, okay?" she said, sitting back down. Sometimes she wished she took more than the basic lessons in healing from Katara, because she wasn't exactly sure what to even look for with some injuries. It'd suck if Eleanor had to wear an eye-patch because it hadn't been treated right.

Eleanor Lamb and Heather Mason like this.
  4. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "Or maybe I could talk to an actual doctor. Later. I'm having fun at the moment." she grumbled.

The well-meaning but still slightly patronizing talk was making Eleanor uncomfortable. This was supposed to be a fun night. She didn't expect things to go perfectly, because they naturally wouldn't, but it was starting to become clear she was still a rookie with this whole sleepover thing.

Mr. Bubbles bolted from the room, apparently sensing that her anger was going to negatively affect it. Eleanor simply decided to blame it on Korra, it was easier that way. Why else would her own bunny be afraid of her?

"Look what you did. You frightened him."

Really, chasing the bunny back to her room was just an excuse to unwind for a second. Petting him was always therapeutic and talking about her issues while doing so always helped Eleanor put her thoughts into words.

Now if only she could actually find it. That was one of the games they played. He stayed out of sight and she looked for him. He always look terrified after 'losing' but that was just him being shy. The key was to keep an ear out for his squeaks but tonight for some reason he was a bit louder than usual. He was losing his edge, maybe he was getting old? It wasn't surprising considering Eleanor couldn't tell how old it was, or how long it was supposed to live int the first place.

Eleanor was speechless when she looked under her bed and just as quickly teleported to where Cheryl and Korra were because, dammit, there wasn't time to be polite and walk there like a normal person. She just pointed at her room and tried to say something but words were having a hard time coming out of her mouth.

"...Mr. Bubbles is a girl!"

5. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather could tell there was a little bit of tension between the two girls, but wasn't exactly sure if she could have broken it up. She was just the random guest after all. Saying something might have just made it worse.

Not that she had a chance to say anything, as Eleanor teleported out of the room before she could even open her mouth. "Uh..." she muttered, looking slightly concerned and mostly surprised.

She glanced around the room for a few seconds before looking back to Korra. "Nice... place...? You have here," she said, reaching for literally anything to say. There wasn't much time for chat, though, as Eleanor returned the way she left, dropping one hell of a bombshell.

"Wh- you're just finding this out?" she asked, "they didn't tell you that when you bought hi- her?"

6. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Okay, okay, I'll leave it alone. I was just concerned..." Korra said. The rabbit ran off as the room grew tenser, and Eleanor was somehow trying to pin it on her. "What? That's got nothing to do with me!" Eleanor went to get him and Korra couldn't help but get annoyed. Just what was up with her? What gave her a right to act like a brat over someone trying to help her?

"Yeah, it's great," she said to Cheryl, clearly in a bad mood now. Eleanor teleported back into the living room not long after she left, struggling to say something.

"What do you mean she's a girl? Oh wait... don't tell me she did what I think she did!" There better not be a litter of baby rabbits somewhere...

7. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Despite her aggressive attitude just a minute ago, Eleanor felt deeply embarrassed about having missed such an obvious detail. Simply looking at Mr. Bubbles from the right angle would have prevented this. Even Cheryl had to wonder why she didn't know yet. In hindsight, she should have read a little more about rabbits even if she knew the basics of how to take care of one.

"I... didn't buy hi-her in the most reputable of establishments. I admit I was captivated by her big eyes and I felt she deserved a home." she said "And she was cheap."

And the revelation didn't help one bit Korra's mood. To be fair, Eleanor was willing to accept that she was the one at fault right now. Not like that made her feel any better. Korra probably already knew how to handle the babies, because of course she would.

"I'm sorry, I-I didn't know she was pregnant. I only managed to count seven of them before teleporting away. They are under my bed."

#67 Eleanor Lamb, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  8. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Well, this was just getting better and better. Not only was Mr. Bubble revealed to be a Mrs. Bubbles, but she also left the two girls with quite the surprise under her bed. Were rabbits famous for having a lot of children all at once, or just really rapidly? Heather was a little too stressed out to remember, picturing dozens of rabbits being birthed all at once.

"Do you think she was pregnant before you bought her?" she asked. If that was the case then whoever she bought her from were pretty big bastards. Really, wouldn't that be useful information? But no, it had to come as a surprise.

"Uh, well, I'm sure there's a solution to this..." she trailed off, then suggested, "maybe once they're old enough you can advertise on Starknet for people to adopt them?" Social media made getting rid of mistakes a lot easier.

9. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Korra looked like she was about to say something else, like maybe how Eleanor should be a more responsible pet owner, but then stopped herself and sighed. There was no point in getting angry, what was done was done and Eleanor seemed sorry enough as it was.

"At least seven, huh?" she asked, standing up again. "I think I've got a cardboard box and a blanket we can use to keep them in. They shouldn't stay under the bed, at least, and they probably need to be cleaned up." It was times like these that made Starknet seem even more useful than usual. She didn't know anything about how rabbits or baby rabbits worked, but they could look up how to take care of them.

10. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Cheryl brought up a very good point that Eleanor hadn't considered with this world-shaking revelation. She didn't really know if Mr. Bubbles was pregnant since before they had met. There didn't seem to be any obvious difference between a pregnant and a regular rabbit if that wasn't the case but she felt at fault for not noticing something was wrong.

"I don't know... sometimes she disappears so maybe she found a mate. But I have no idea how long gestation takes."

The good news were that both Korra and Cheryl already had some idea of what to do, with the former proposing a bath for the babies and the latter figuring out a way to get rid of them once they grew up.

"Yes, t-that can work. Thank you." she said, before taking a few steps in the direction of her room. "Do you want to see them?"

11. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Well, the spin the bottle game looked like it was getting shelved. Not like they were having all that much fun with it, after the eye-thing. So, Heather simply stood up after Korra. At least dealing with baby rabbits wasn't the most troublesome prospect.

"I don't know the first thing about rabbits," she replied, "I'm just throwing out some theories." It made sense to her, if Mr. Bubbles was already pregnant then Eleanor would never have a chance to notice, since that'd just be the status quo.

When Eleanor offered to let them see the babies, Heather shrugged. "Sure, don't see why not," she said, "probably pretty cute, even covered in afterbirth."

12. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "You guys go on ahead, I'm going to look for the box," Korra said. She turned to Naga, who could definitely tell that something different was going on by the way she was looking around as she got off the couch.

"Stay here." Naga sat again, panting a bit. "Good girl." Satisfied that Naga wasn't about to charge in after Eleanor and Cheryl and bother the rabbits, Korra went to her own room to dig up what she needed.

13. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "All right." Eleanor told Korra.

Korra was going to take care of the babies' new home while her and Cheryl made sure they were okay. It was a simple task so there was no point in feeling nervous, right?

"They are here." she said, lifting her bed cover so Cheryl could have a better look at the litter hiding under the bed.

They barely had any fur on their bodies and their eyes were closed. Like if their mother's internal organs had suddenly become alive and left her body. Even when compared to human babies, they were particularly vulnerable. No wonder Mr. Bubbles had tried to keep them a secret. But she should have known better of course, Eleanor wouldn't dream of hurting them—on purpose.

"Do you think they are deformed? They look like it."

14. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Korra decided to tap out to get that cardboard box, which sounded good. Where did rabbits live? In little caves, or underground? Maybe the box would be whatever bunnies lived in. Heather didn't know, she never really had an animals phase.

Finally she got a look at the little things, and yep, they were definitely newborns. They were wet and kind of gross, but nothing she was unused to. Honestly, they were kind of cute in a hideous way. Like a bunch of fleshy monsters that couldn't hurt her.

"Deformed? I don't think so," she said, "I'm pretty sure most newborn animals are supposed to look weird like this."

15. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    It didn't take her that long to find the spare box Korra had been thinking of and then empty it out, dumping some chew toys and clay discs out on the floor. She could reorganize Naga's toys later. And by that, she meant shoving them into the closet and closing the door. After grabbing and blowing the dirt off a spare quilt, she lined the box with it. The makeshift bed looked pretty alright, but maybe the rabbits needed to be cleaned off too.

Korra got a towel from the bathroom just in case, and then carried the prepared box over to Eleanor's room.

"You think this is big enough to hold them?"
    she asked, setting the box down on the floor. "I don't know how big they all are..."

Heather Mason and Eleanor Lamb like this.
  16. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "I just feel their eyes should be working by now. They would have a very hard time surviving in the wilderness. They should count themselves lucky for being housepets."

Korra came back with the box she had mentioned and a towel. She wasn't really sure if the rabbits would fit but it looked like the perfect size to Eleanor.

"Each one seems smaller than my hand, so I think so."

Now it was just an easy case of taking every rabbit and moving them to their new home. If only their mom would stop putting herself between Eleanor's hand and them. She squeaked and even tried to bite her a few times. Defeated, Eleanor drew back her hand and decided to reason with her pet.

"I'm trying to help you!" she said, annoyed. Almost offended even. Why couldn't Mr. Bubbles see Eleanor meant to make her life easier?

17. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "No, I think that's normal," Heather said, "I know puppies and kittens have their eyes closed at birth, so rabbits wouldn't be too surprising. Besides, that's probably why they have so many babies, since they're much more susceptible to dying."

Soon the bed was brought to them, and Eleanor decided that it would probably be good enough, though Mr. Bubbles seemed to disagree. Every time she got too close, the rabbit decided to try and take a bite out of her. Heather had to admit, it was kind of affecting to see a mother so protective over her children. Even if it was a rabbit.

"I guess that's how they survive being blind at first," she commented, "here, let me try to help." She tried to grab Mr. Bubbles from the side to give Eleanor a chance to start moving the babies.

18. Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Eleanor looked like she was struggling to get "Mr." Bubbles to cooperate with moving the babies, which wasn't that surprising since the rabbit was known for running away from her. They couldn't really stay under the bed though, so they needed to find a way to corral the rabbits into the box. Korra didn't really have any ideas though. Doing any kind of airbending might be too rough and she didn't want to hurt the animals, so maybe they could get a pair of gloves and just try not to get bitten. Or maybe get another blanket and try and wrap Bubbles up to calm her down.

"Uh, you guys need any help?"

19. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "No, we are fine." Eleanor lied.

Korra had already done enough for her what with the makeshift bed and the towel, and dealing with a very unreasonable Mr. Bubbles on top of that seemed like overkill.

Cheryl got the idea of grabbing the bunny from the side of the bed so she would be too distracted to keep trying to bite Eleanor. Surprisingly, though, Mr. Bubbles saw Cheryl as a solution to her little problem and started carrying one of her babies in her mouth so Cheryl could protect it.

"What is she doing?"

20. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather glanced over at Eleanor in confusion. Was something going on between her and Korra? She hadn't been around them long enough to really figure out their dynamic, but she wouldn't have guessed that Eleanor would be pretending to have everything under control just so she wouldn't help.

That was put to the wayside when Mr. Bubbles decided to bring one of her babies to Heather. Blinking in confusion, she accepted the bunny and looked up at Eleanor. "Animals can be really, really weird," she said.

With a shrug, she walked over to the box and placed the baby in, then reached for another to try again.