HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Girls' Night

Discussion in 'Residences' started by Eleanor Lamb, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Eleanor was confused to see that Cheryl was clearly about her own past instead of just guessing or having learned from Korra about Eleanor's. It was hard to say how small chances of finding someone with a similar background were, what with the different universes and all, but it was certainly surprising. And maybe that's why Eleanor felt... drawn to talk more about it.

"Mother created a religious group with the philosophy of prioritizing the needs of the collective over the individual. 'The Rapture Family' she called it. And I was to be their savior. The first 'utopian' through with which their society would be reborn." As depressing as her situation had been, Eleanor had won and come out on top. And nothing and no one could say otherwise. That brought a faint smile to her face. "I doubt their society will be seeing much progress since all its members are dead at the bottom of the ocean."

Heather Mason likes this.
  2. Heather Mason

Heather Mason Silent Hill

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Holy crap," Heather muttered under her breath as she tried to process Eleanor's revelation. That was... more metaphorical, but still pretty similar to Alessa's experience. Well, probably not the dying part, but the rest, yeah.

She didn't know much about philosophy, but it sounded like her mom was a crazy woman who used it as an excuse to lord over people. And using her own kid like that? What a bitch. Some of her emotions were coupled with Alessa's, but Heather herself couldn't stand when people treated their kids like toys instead of people.

There wasn't a good way to explain her life, especially since she wasn't sure how much she wanted to talk about it. Hesitantly, she replied, "my... well, I don't consider her to be my mom, even if she gave birth to me, but that woman, was part of a cult. A religious one, that needed someone to birth their god. It was going to come back and destroy all the unbelievers, I guess. My dad stopped her before it was born, though."

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  3. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Apparently Eleanor's story, or at the very least its basic form, struck a nerve in Cheryl. She looked surprised and started sharing her own story. Her biological mother had been awful too and she was involved in a cult. A cult that desperately needed a savior as well and Cheryl was supposed to give birth to it. What could only be described as a rape was naturally awful, but the fact it was all to achieve some kind of genetic goal was not unlike what happened in Rapture.

"Was it a genetic experiment?"

Maybe both their lives had more in common than they thought. Case in point the motif of paternal help repeated itself.

"My father helped me as well!" Eleanor said almost shouting, excited after having found someone that shared such a similar backstory.

4. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather winced and shook her head. Eleanor seemed pretty dismissive of magic earlier, so she wasn't quite sure how well the actual explanation would go. Also, the whole thing was pretty disgusting, so she had a feeling Eleanor wouldn't really want to hear about it. Still, she couldn't just say nothing, right?

"It was a ritual," she admitted, "a terrible one. It hurt... so much..." The memories were vivid and were hard to keep from completely overtaking her own. The fire, the sick-room, releasing the god, it was all bursting at the seams under her head.

What did manage to keep her from succumbing for even a minute was Eleanor excitedly pointing out another similarity. "Really?" she asked, eagerly, "man, that's a weird coincidence. My dad basically had to shoot through a bunch of monsters just to get to me to save me from Da- my mother's plans." He had actually failed, but that didn't need to be mentioned.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  5. Korra

Korra Avatar: The Legend of Korra

The Avatar
    Race:
    Human/Spirit
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    As the conversation in the bedroom went on, Korra had gone back to the kitchen. A frozen fish was currently on the counter, but she could defrost it pretty fast. Right now, she had a large pot on the stove that was simmering with stew. She hadn't really gotten the chance to use a stove top for anything before getting dropped off in Pandora, but she had to admit that it did allow her mind to wander more as she cooked instead of having to keep constant tabs on the temperature of the flame. She still missed those stone firepits from back in the South.

"Maybe I could build one on the yard..." she said. Naga ambled into the kitchen and nudged her hand, and Korra scratched her under the chin. "How about that? Then I can smoke meat without taking up the entire oven."

Eleanor Lamb and Heather Mason like this.
  6. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Eleanor listened intently to Cheryl's story. It was far from an in-depth description of her mother's actions but it mostly fit what Eleanor had gone through. It made her happy in a sad kind of way. And made as much sense as that explanation.

Cheryl's past even mirrored her father's violent involvement in trying to stop the ritual. Eleanor practically clapped in response.

"Yes, yes! Father had to shoot his way through Mother's forces. That's how I learned how to fight."

7. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather wasn't sure if she was glad or not to hear that Eleanor understood what she'd gone through. On the one hand, it was nice not to feel like some freak with a crazy mom, kind of. On the other, she was kind of sick of having girls who knew her better than she did.

That didn't show on her face, though. She simply seemed surprised and a little bewildered by the resemblances.

"That's all so weird," she said, "what are the odds that we'd have these really specific things in common? is your dad... did he, you know... make it?"

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  8. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Eleanor's enthusiasm banished as soon as Cheryl asked about her father's status. Thinking again about her being left completely alone during her first experience on the surface was really crushing. It wasn't just that Delta had died—a very bad thing on its own—but that he had decided not to follow Eleanor and instead die on his own terms for still nebulous reasons. Maybe he didn't fully approve of her behavior, maybe he thought there was no place in the world for someone like him, maybe he had just given up. Each of those possibilities hurt as much for different reasons.

"No." she answered with a grim tone. "Out of spite, Mother made the lifeboat we were about to escape on explode."

9. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather hesitated, unsure why she was even considering talking about what happened to her dad to someone she didn't really know. The Alessa in her head was telling her not to let her guard down, since those memories usually didn't trust anyone who tried to befriend her.

That was what pushed her over the edge, and she took a deep breath before saying, "my dad... a few years later, some more cultists came after us again. They killed him just to make me angry, since the 'god' could only be born if I had enough hatred in my heart. It... I saw his body and I jus-" she choked softly and glanced back at the bunnies, picking one up just in the hopes that it would cheer her up.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  10. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    To Eleanor's surprise, Cheryl shared more about her past. Her father had successfully saved her from the cult but a few years later they caught up to him and ended his life. It was all part of their plan to make Cheryl hate them and somehow make their god's birth a reality. Unfortunately, that's as far as Cheryl could go before stopping before the memories became too much for her and resorted to petting a bunny to calm herself.

"That's understandable." Eleanor said, getting closer to Cheryl and putting a hand over her shoulder. "Did you kill them?"

11. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    It was nice to have some support when being honest about what had happened to her. Bottling it all up kept Alessa quiet, but it didn't really help her actually deal with it all. Not that just saying it was that great, but it was better than nothing.

Apparently Eleanor had the same idea she had at the time. "I killed the... thing that had actually killed him," she answered, "but the one who actually ordered it? No, she killed herself first. It was disgusting, what she did."

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  12. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "That's good." Eleanor thought aloud. Maybe Cheryl didn't think like that but she had managed to get some physical revenge on her father's killer. Eleanor knew first hand how relieving that felt and maybe she had to show her new friend the silver lining of such a situation.

"In the end she didn't see her plans come to fruition and now there's nothing she can do about it. That's what truly matters."

13. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Yeah, yeah, you're right." Heather nodded slightly, determined not to be dour over the fact that she had won in the end. Sure, it hurt and wasn't really fun to think about, but there was an upside: she won. Claudia had lost everything.

"I think she might've been the last of that cult, too. I haven't heard anything else from them, and their plans have all pretty much self-destructed at this point, so..."

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  14. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Cheryl accepted she had come out on top and seemed to enjoy her sense of victory. It was hard to deal with if it came associated with a few losses—Eleanor knew that very well—but a win was a win.

And the realization that her mother's cult was pretty much dead should really cheer her up. Eleanor laughed a bit, mostly because she noticed that was also true in her case, but also because she enjoyed having beaten her captors.

"It's a pity their gods didn't lift a finger to save them. It would be hilarious if it weren't so tragic."

15. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Y-yeah, maybe they weren't praying hard enough," Heather joked back as best she could. There was no way she'd be able to say that she and her dad both killed a god. No matter how unformed they were, that was something no one would believe.

"It's still really weird that we just... happen to have all this in common. Are girls being used by their cult-leader mothers to bring about utopia just more than I thought. Or... what? Super weird whatever's going on."

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  16. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "I have never believed in fate but maybe we both are here in Pandora for a reason." Eleanor theorized. Talking about their problems made them seem not as important or as scary as they originally seemed. At least Eleanor felt good about being able to bond with someone over them. And wasn't that what sleepovers were all about?

"Do you feel better now?"

17. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather couldn't help but snort at even the thought of fate. It had always been like what people just said so that good things seemed nice and bad things seemed important. Inevitable and therefore easier to deal with. It was for people who couldn't accept that bad stuff happened sometimes.

But, that wasn't the point. The point was if she was feeling even a little better. Really, finally just saying even a little bit of her story was comforting. "Yeah, I think so."

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  18. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "That's good."

Eleanor tried to put her thoughts into words. She felt like Cheryl but didn't want to claim she completely understood her situation. She didn't know the whole story. Hell, she barely knew her. But Eleanor felt she could share her feelings on her own situation, it was only fair after all.

"I still sometimes cry about Father but knowing he did everything in his power to save me makes his death not hurt as much. I hope that thought can help you."

19. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Did her dad do everything to protect her? Well, Heather knew that fighting through Silent Hill was more than anyone else would be able to do. Just that very fact meant that she couldn't ever see him as less than a hero, but still. He had let himself be killed by Claudia's monster. It wasn't that tough, not compared to a god. How did it kill him?

Still, assuming that he had just laid down and let himself be killed wouldn't do her any good. Maybe Eleanor's way of looking at it was better. "Yeah. It's better than just blaming people for not being good enough."

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  20. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Cheryl's comment was interesting. She conceded a point to Eleanor but also apparently blamed her father for not having done enough. That was an alien perspective for Eleanor, who held her own father in high regard. If anything she was afraid she hadn't lived up to his own image and maybe even disappointed him. It was still so difficult to figure out what had driven him to accept death over a life with Eleanor and the more obvious explanations scared her. So seeing how Cheryl thought about it was interesting to say the least.

"Do you really feel like that?"