HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Girls' Night

Discussion in 'Residences' started by Eleanor Lamb, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Heather Mason

Heather Mason Silent Hill

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Well... sometimes," Heather had to admit, "what happened to him. I just can't help but feel like he could've saved himself when I think about it sometimes. I mean, he did so much, but one monster was enough to kill him?" It didn't occur to her that she might be saying more than she meant to. It was just way too nice to be able to talk about it at all. This was probably why people got therapy, she reflected. Being able to actually talk about issues and get something out of it. Not that she was ready to talk to some random stranger about it.

... present company excluded.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  2. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "All it takes is one wrong move and a seemingly invincible person becomes fallible flesh and blood just like everyone else."

Eleanor knew it well. That's what had happened to her father after all, after surviving so much a simple explosion ending his existence—even as large as it had been—seemed almost comical. And it also seemed that Eleanor's and Cheryl's story were not done developing similarities.

"I made sure Father couldn't die but Mother still found a way to ruin that."

Heather Mason likes this.
  3. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Yeah, it was pretty impressive that Dad managed to get through any of what was thrown at him before he died anyway. It wasn't like he had any training or anything. He was just a writer, you know? But he wouldn't let anything stop him." That was something she didn't mind remembering from Alessa, watching her dad fight to protect her.

Eleanor's next statement was a little painful. She had tried to protect her dad, even if it didn't work, that was more than Heather.

"I had no idea Dad was even in danger. I thought everything was going after me, I didn't even think I needed to help him. I was just on my own, working on my own problems without even thinking about him."

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  4. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "Amazing."

The resolve of Cheryl's father was admirable. Eleanor's had his superhuman strength and weaponry backing him up—even if that didn't cut it most of the time—so hearing that an apparently baseline human had gone through something similar without such an aid was almost hard to believe.

However this apparently went unnoticed by Cheryl for a while, since she had her own problems to deal with at the time. Trying to survive naturally gave people tunnel vision and that seemed to be true here as well.

"I was the same. But I realized Father had been the only person that truly loved me for what I am. Mother had killed him years ago but I managed to get a sample of his DNA and bring him back. Dr. Tenenbaun helped me free his mind of its shackles and once we escaped, I thought..." she stumbled on the words, she had forgotten about her promise and remembering it now wasn't exactly a pleasant feeling. "I thought I could cure him."

5. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "He really was."

It didn't matter to Heather how his life ended, she never thought her dad was anything less than the strongest man alive. He was an amazing writer, a loving father, a powerhouse when he wanted to be. It was terrible that he had to be lost just because some awful religion ruined so many people across the board.

Eleanor's story was a bit surprising. Her dad was already dead, but she managed to bring him back. Obviously, she couldn't say that was unbelievable, since her very existence was basically that, but it was still incredible.

"Oh, wow. That's awful. To have him back and then get him taken away again. I'm sorry you had to go through that." She couldn't imagine how it must have felt to Eleanor. Like the universe was just toying with her like a cat with a string.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  6. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "Thanks." Eleanor managed to murmur. "I think I have managed to put his death past me by now. At least it doesn't hurt as it once did."

She had advanced a lot since talking to Quiel but that metaphorical pressure in her heart threatened to ruin her day from time to time. It wasn't just that he had died, to be honest.

"But it's still hard to think that he didn't accept my offer to keep living. Even after I did everything he taught me to survive, he refused to follow me."

7. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather wasn't sure if she had managed to get past everything like Eleanor did. Sometimes, it felt like her emotions weren't really her own, so the pain, anger, sadness, rage, all of it felt distant in her mind, like she was looking at her situation through a mirror. Other times, just thinking about her dad was like stabbing herself through the heart.

There were rare occasions where it was neither. While she couldn't say she found peace or understanding, it didn't hurt as much. She somehow felt like she understood more in this head-space than ever before. It was sadly fleeting, though.

She managed to shake off her self-reflection and go back to listening to Eleanor, which... wasn't very enlightening. Try as she might, she could tell there were a few gaps in her knowledge of the situation. "I don't... think I know what you're getting at? Like, you could heal him but he didn't want you to?"

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  8. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "Oh yes, maybe I should make myself clear."

Getting used to living with people that didn't see genetic engineering as a normal part of their lives was still something Eleanor struggled with. But then again, escaping from such a place is what she always wanted.

"
    Like I said, Father was too injured for me to cure him but the nature of plasmids allows broken memories to be stored in other people. Normally they are an annoying side effect of their overuse but my nature makes me immune to such things. Mother had already found a purpose for that, trying to infuse me with all of her followers' drives and desires without me going insane in the process." she sighed and turned her head, trying to forget what had almost happened. "The point is, I proposed preserving Father's consciousness in my brain... but he refused. And I'm not entirely sure why."

9. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather blinked. Then blinked. Then blinked again. Whatever plasmids were, they sounded like magic. Not only did they give Eleanor basically magic powers, but they also apparently gave her the ability to take other peoples's memories without going through the anguish that Heather did when finding out what Alessa had stuck in her mind.

Though, maybe if Eleanor was stuck with the mind of someone who had been tortured for seven years by her own mother, she wouldn't do so well either. No real way for her to know.

Still, that did sound a little hard to explain. "I don't really want to make any guesses since I didn't know him," she hedged, "but, well, someone that caring probably wanted to spare you from something. You know, make sure you aren't stuck with something he found... lacking? I don't know. Maybe he just thought it was his time? Like, all of him?"

Eleanor Lamb likes this.