By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

"go let the dogs out," he said

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Simon Lewis, May 14, 2018.

1. Simon Lewis

Simon Lewis The Mortal Instruments
    crowley stresses me out

Race:
    Vampire

MAY 12
    UNDERNEATH THIS SKIN
    i think i'm dying here

Nothing had attacked him yet. That was good.

"You guys have, like ... literally two more minutes, okay?" he told the balls of fluff on the ground, probably not paying them nearly enough attention out of sheer paranoia. Simon wasn't an idiot. He'd heard all about what was going on in Misty Hollow. The barrier falling, the monster sin the streets. And yet Crowley had still managed to talk him into leaving the safety of his dorm behind so that he could go let the dogs out. Literally. So that they wouldn't pee in the house and stuff. "Whatever your dad's doing, it better be really important," he grumbled, glancing back to the puppies.

And then he froze. He froze, his eyes zipping from one puppy to the next again and again and again, counting them and double counting them and then triple counting them. Why was there one less? There was when less, right? There had been three. And now there were two. Why was there suddenly one less?

"Oh-- Oh great, this is-- this is completely terrible, okay-- Inside, all of you, inside right now!" he said, suddenly starting to herd the little puffs back into the house with a certain level of pure frantic, his dark eyes looking over his shoulder, searching and searching for a ball of fluff bouncing off in another direction. Simon couldn't find him, though.

The second the dogs were inside, Simon took to the streets. "Okay, Peanut, this literally isn't funny! Or is it Butter ... ? Which one are you?!" he called, and he found himself practically quivering in his chucks, knowing full well that the town was eerier than it had been the last time he was here. He didn't want to imagine the kinds of things that were lurking out here with him. But Crowley was literally gonna kill him if one of his dogs died on his watch.

Maybe, for once, there were actually worse things out there than Crowley.

As though on cue, Simon heard something. Something unnatural coming from behind him, like an wheezing and a clicking, like something straight out of a horror movie, and Simon Lewis had seen a lot of horror movies. Freezing in his steps, the teenager stood very still and then very slowly, he turned on his heel, practically quivering as he went. That was when he spotted a limb coming around the corner, one limb along that was just about as tall as he was. And then a body and then a cold, owl-like face, and the entire sight was chilling to the bone. Panic rose as the monster looked toward him and then started skulking in his direction with clear intent.

Simon didn't waste any time, stepping backward once and then twice, stumbling over himself and then remembering that he was a vampire. In a blur, he was gone, racing away from the scene only to find himself colliding with somebody, body coming back in a clear existence as he shouted and stumbled to the side, wide eyes fixed on ... none other than Crowley himself.

"Holy crap! I'm so-- I'm so glad you're here, we're literally gonna die. There's-- There's a thing back there, it's like ... big and ... and spine-y and creepy and it's got this stare-- this-- this--"

Cue the rambling and then arms flailing into the air.

Crowley likes this.
  2. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural
    Simon Lewis stresses me out

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

Crowley was a bit surprised that Simon had actually agreed to go let his dogs out. He'd initially intended the texts as a bit of a mean-spirited joke just to freak the lad out a bit, but then it had escalated and Simon was actually letting the dogs out. Which was great and all, and Crowley definitely trusted him implicitly and was only heading in that direction because he had a bit of free time for once.

Not because he didn't trust Simon Lewis to let a few pompoms out the back door.

The streets were quiet for the time being, which wasn't surprising - most of the fun kicked off when the sun went down - but Crowley knew better than to relax. There were worse things in and around Misty Hollow now than there ever had been before, like someone had grabbed the 'spooky dial' and kicked it up to eleven. It was enough to put even a demon off his game... at least a little bit.

With Juliet at his side, Crowley felt fairly confident that he was probably the meanest thing outside at the moment, but there was something about the empty streets that was eerie and he couldn't shake it. No matter how fast he walked, coming closer and closer to his own warded home, the unsettling feeling just chased after him and by the time Toast came tearing up the bloody street, yap-yap-yapping away like a maniac, Crowley was on such tenterhooks that he jumped a few inches in alarm.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He blustered indignantly, bending at the waist to scoop up the fluffy pup, who eagerly squirmed in his grip, licking and nipping and then lunging for Juliet's face and delightedly latching onto her jowls with a tiny roar of pint-size aggression. "You're probably giving that poor lad a friggin' conniption." Crowley commented blandly, tucking Toast under his arm and setting off again. He couldn't blame Simon - Toast was a piece of shit. If anyone deserved to be eaten, it was him.

Still, when the vampire ran into him like a freight train, knocking Crowley back a step, the demon felt an immediate spike of annoyance. Juliet, of course, immediately set into growling and grunting and yodeling her shame and disgust in Simon's abominable petsitting abilities. "Guess who I-- slow down. What?" Crowley blinked, trying to keep up with Simon's rambling. He set Toast down on the pavement and grabbed the lad by the shoulders loosely. "Take a breath. Why d'you reckon we're gonna die this time?" He looked over Simon's shoulder as the monstrosity scuttled into view. Its enormous head tilted abruptly one way then the other and it chattered nonsensically.

"Oh. You mean that. Don't worry about that. Juliet, darling?" The hound gave a sudden, horrible bay and lurched forward, every fang exposed as she howled her rage, sprinting straight for the center of the beast's body. "Don't worry about that, Si. Here, you hold Toast." He picked the puppy up and thrust him into Simon's chest, patting his shoulder firmly. "You're on puppy duty. Don't let anything happen to my bloody dog, Lewis."
    @Simon Lewis

Simon Lewis likes this.
  3. Simon Lewis

crowley stresses me out

Race:
    Vampire

UNDERNEATH THIS SKIN
    i think i'm dying here

At first, he didn't spot the dog. Actually, Simon was so frenzied that he hadn't spotted the dog at all, his wide dark eyes fixed on Crowley as the demon gripped his shoulders and tried to get him to pull himself together. That was probably asking a lot, Simon wasn't really sure if he'd actually ever pulled himself together since being turned into a vampire in the first place.

He definitely was not pulling himself together now, knowing how oblivious Crowley was in that first split second to what he was saying, and the vampire could feel his own talking get more and more frantic until the demon caught on. Not by understanding Simon's words because the teenager was honestly a pro at being vague and unhelpful, but he'd definitely looked over and shoulder and physically spotted the thing coming around the corner.

Compared to Simon's reaction, though, Crowley was all casual and nonchalance as he assured him he didn't have to worry about it, picked up the puppy the vampire hadn't realized was there, and promptly shoved him into his arms. "Uh-- Hey, Toast," he mumbled, fumbling with the puppy for a split second as the animal's tiny limbs wriggled around, but by the time he had a good grip on Toast, he was stumbling to the side and taking a few steps back behind the demon.

"Juliet's just gonna take that thing on?! Does she even know what it is?!" He sure as hell didn't know what it is, and he had a feeling nobody knew what it was. "Besides the creepiest thing literally anyone has ever seen!"

4. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

Staring at Simon, Crowley rolled his eyes. The lad was like a walking advertisement for why vampires oughtn't be regarded as any kind of threat. After all, Simon was more likely to hurt himself than he was to hurt anyone else, and he was painfully, clearly out of his depth in this kind of combat situation. So much so that Crowley wondered if it would be best to send the boy back to his house to hunker down while he and Juliet handled the monstrosity.

In Simon's arms, Toast was snarling like the world's smallest wolf, tiny eyes locked on the bird-like beast that was scuttling ever closer. Every fang in his wee mouth was exposed, and it was clear that, if the lad hadn't been holding him so tightly, Toast would have surely launched himself into the fray alongside Juliet. Even restrained, his toothpick legs clawed at the air angrily as the pup progressed to awoo-ing with all his might.

"Not the creepiest. We fought off an undead dragon the other day. Guess what happened when I cut its head off? Spiders, Si. Big, angry spiders." Crowley teased, watching with folded arms as Juliet barreled at the beast. "She's a hellhound. Believe it or not, this is what she does best." The hound launched herself into the air and latched onto one of the monster's extremities, ripping and tearing at its flesh while it chattered at her furiously.

Stepping forward, Crowley allowed an angel blade to drop into his waiting hand and he twirled it lazily. "Don't fret, Si. Whatever it is, it's going to be dead soon."
    @Simon Lewis

Simon Lewis likes this.
  5. Simon Lewis

crowley stresses me out

Race:
    Vampire

UNDERNEATH THIS SKIN
    i think i'm dying here

He pulled a face, staring at Crowley as he told his story about the dragon and the spiders and-- "That is literally the last thing I wanted to picture today, but thanks!" he told him, sounding more exasperated by the whole thing than he otherwise would have. Mostly because of the monster facing off Juliet.

Not that Juliet was a normal dog, and Simon had realized that since the very start, but that thing was still way bigger than she was.

Any doubt that they'd deal with it, though, was swept away as he watched her leap for it, tearing flesh away from its body as it chattered furiously away. It was gross, though he couldn't decide if it was extra gross because of the fact that he could definitely smell that thing's blood. And it didn't smell appetizing at all.

Then again, what kind of vampire would want to feed from that?

"Okay, okay, Toast, you gotta chill, you're like a centimeter tall," he murmured, dropping his attention to the dog wriggling around in his arms once more, holding him all the tighter even as he took yet another step back. Crowley had that thing in his hand now, and this was-- well, this was serious business was what it was.

6. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"Even I thought it was gross." Crowley agreed brightly, watching Juliet wrangle the monstrosity with disturbing efficiency. Turning towards Simon, he observed Toast's passionate struggle against his captor, unable to hold back a choked laugh as the pup transcended barking and moved right into the realm of petulant screams. "Watch your fingers. He's gonna bite you if he can get away with it." Crowley warned amiably before branching away from Simon with a jaunty wave.

"Be back in a mo'. Don't lose my dog." He turned his attention back to the thing, which was still scuttling up the street despite Juliet's best efforts to hold it back. It continued chattering as it jerkily made its way forward, shaking Juliet off its leg as it went. When it swiveled its eerie head back around to glare at Crowley, it uttered a furious shriek and shambled forward faster than before, stabbing its claws into the ground as it scrabbled for purchase.

Glancing back at Simon, Crowley presumed the lad was more than capable of getting out of the way, so he teleported behind the monster just as it reached him, watching dispassionately as it furiously impaled the spot where Crowley had been a moment earlier. Humming to himself curiously, the demon danced forward and dragged the edge of the blade across its tendon, raising an eyebrow in surprise when it appeared to have an effect as the massive limb immediately gave out.

Moving casually out of the way of the remaining limbs and the angry, sharp beak, Crowley tilted his head and considered his options.

Disappearing again, he moved behind it and took out the next leg, wincing as the squealing, shrieking noises became even louder. Reduced to dragging itself on its front limbs, Crowley blinked back into being beside Simon again, looking casually amused while Juliet continued to tear pieces off the crippled beast. "I could just leave it like this. It's not like it can do much, right?" He explained casually.

"Less effort for me, too." Crowley added cheerfully.
    @Simon Lewis

Simon Lewis likes this.
  7. Simon Lewis

crowley stresses me out

Race:
    Vampire

UNDERNEATH THIS SKIN
    i think i'm dying here

Crowley was laughing away as Simon struggled to hold onto the wriggling ball of fluff in his hands, and the vampire was honestly really impressed that a dog as tiny as this one could wriggle so much. Then again, they really were the wrigglers, weren’t they? There wasn’t any time to think about that, though, or the fact that Toast was already nibbling on his fingers angrily exactly the way the demon told him he would.

The creature was coming toward them. Or, well, him now that Crowley had suddenly vanished out of the way. Simon’s eyes went wide. “Oh g--” Grip tightening on the puppy he’d already managed to lose once today, Simon raced to the other side of the street and, thankfully, the monster was too distracted by Crowley now to come after him.

He’d never really seen Crowley face anything off before, so he couldn’t help but watch this with a great deal of awe. It was like child’s play, Simon’s jaw having dropped at the sight of it. The creature, which was now shrieking and wailing with each cut, didn’t stand a single chance and then, suddenly the demon was at his side again. The vampire jumped in surprise, a shout escaping his throat. “A little warning, maybe!” he said, scrambling to keep a good grip on Toast who he had nearly dropped in the process.

“Just-- Just get us out of here, okay?” That was the only thing he did know. He didn’t want to stay anywhere near that thing’s vicinity if there was a chance it might get back up again. He trusted Crowley, so he trusted it wouldn’t, but Simon couldn’t help that great deal of paranoia he tended to hold.

THE END

#7 Simon Lewis, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018