By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Application Division is seeking new mods.
    Click here for more information!

God Created The Flirt As Soon As He Made The Fool

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Leah Clearwater, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Leah Clearwater

Leah Clearwater Twilight

Guardswoman
    Race:
    Shapeshifter
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    April 12th

Most people would probably say that Leah was supposed to get over what happened in her world. Well, most people in her world had, which was the point. It was nice to be around people who agreed that she had every right to be as angry as she was.

As such, she didn't pretend to be at the bar for any reason other than shutting up those annoying voices in her head that still told her she wasn't good enough. It sounded better than saying she drank to drown the sorrows, at any rate.

The point is, she didn't go out to meet people, especially not men. Especially not men who wanted to talk up anything with tits. So, when an obnoxiously drunk enough man stumbled over to her and tried to impress her with some cheesy pick-up line she didn't even bother to actually listen to, she glared back at him with enough venom to scare most people away. Unfortunately for him, he was too drunk to notice the flashing warning signs.

With a muttered, "go away before you hurt yourself," she turned away to stare back at the whiskey she was trying desperately to get drunk with. With a metabolism like hers, she'd probably need to down a whole bottle before even getting buzzed.

That was apparently incredibly offensive to the drunk man, who immediately grabbed her by the shoulder in an attempt to get her attention again. When that didn't work, he moved his hand a little lower, and Leah decided that all bets were off.

Faster than the human eye could follow, she swung around in her stool and grabbed the man's hand. "You think this is funny?" she asked, emotionless, "would it be funny if I broke your fingers so you couldn't touch any woman again?" The man was shrieking in terror and possibly wetting himself, but Leah didn't show any signs of sympathy, glaring back, coolly.

2. Wolverine

Wolverine Marvel Universe

Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Logan was sitting at his own little table, on his third beer and with his stetson pulled down. He was in a pair of jeans and work boots and a red flannel shirt. His dog tags danging over his chest, he'd simply come to enjoy his night, drink a bit and then move on. And he could drink for a long time, and he intended to so that meant he didn't want trouble to start and get the bar to close down early and he was payin close attention o the lady who smelt like a dog. Dog being more like a wolf, he'd gotten super accustomed to that smell on his last isolated life in the woods, traveling with a pack. He could tell she was pissed from the smell and he could track that smell from across the room. He popped the cap off of his beer and took a swig. Seemed like everything was going fine and he took his eyes off her.

And then he heard the screaming and groaned. He was not having this, he didn't care how it happened, who had started it, he was gonna put them both to an end so he could actually drink. He walked over to the to and popped his claws and held one over their hands. "That's enough, I'm tryin' to drink, I don't care what's going on, it's done, so let go of his hand, and you fuck off to your table again bub." He looked between the two, again not really caring what this bullshit was.

Leah Clearwater likes this.
  3. Leah Clearwater

Leah Clearwater Twilight

Guardswoman
    Race:
    Shapeshifter
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The drunk guy stared at her in absolute terror, and Leah would be lying if she said she wasn't getting a bit drunk off of the sight. After over a year of being gawked at for being the only girl getting naked around a bunch of guys, it felt so good to show assholes like those of her former pack why they shouldn't be trying to treat women like objects.

She wasn't sure how serious her own threat was, so it was probably for the best that someone intervened. Granted, the arguments in favor of letting the guy go were much less humanitarian that the guy was probably hoping for, but Leah wasn't so out of it that she wanted a brawl to start.

Of course, the guy wasn't helping, screeching in her ear about how he'd, "never look at her again, ever! And... and I'll go looking for a job again! And I won't talk to anymore girls trying to get a drink just please don't kill me!"

With a sigh, Leah dropped his hand a bit more violently than he seemed to be expecting. As he scrambled to get back up, she griped, "I wasn't going to kill you." It didn't seem to matter much to him; he was already halfway across the bar.

"Well, I guess you're a drunk asshole's hero," she deadpanned at the claw guy, "I'm sure you must be really proud of yourself now."

Wolverine likes this.
  4. Wolverine

Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Logan side eyed the guy as he headed away, he just wanted this to end instead of turning into a big thing. He watched him go and grunted. "Just shut up and sit down." Logan could feel the vein in his forehead bulging. Couldn't ever be a slow night when he decided to show up, he had to always be put in the middle of something. If it wasn't someone getting mad at him someone was causing trouble with someone else and somehow he'd insert himself or end up getting pulled into it. This time it was for purely selfish reasons, this bar getting closed down by a bar fight would end up springing up would basically cut him off from easy drinking for the rest of the week at least. And when the lady spoke out he moved his glance over to her. He didn't wanna snap back at first, he just wanted to move back to his table but then he decided that he wasn't really in the mood to not be petty.

"Yeah well, I'd rather not have some wolf breaking someone's hand and starting something that's gonna make me have to spill my drink, whatever you got in there."
    He pointed to her head. "Try not to let it make you chew up dumbasses who could barely fight back even if you were human."

5. Leah Clearwater

Leah Clearwater Twilight

Guardswoman
    Race:
    Shapeshifter
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Leah's mouth opened, and she was about to object, but it immediately closed with a loud clack. It wasn't surprising that he knew what she was. She had been used to people recognizing her as the werewolf who had been arrested in Pandora Town. However he found out about her powers, it didn't matter. What mattered was the fact that he had a point. It was her job to keep order, not cause trouble because she lost her temper.

With a frustrated sigh, she turned around to drink the rest of her whiskey. "Just sick of being treated like a piece of meat," she gritted out, more to herself than anyone else. Her anger was still there, but just thinking about her pack made any feelings she had about the drunk guy move solidly onto their shoulders.

Wolverine likes this.
  6. Wolverine

Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Logan was gonna head back to his seat when he saw her give up on a come back then of course he didn’t instead he sat down and sighed. He was gonna regret this but he had this stupid little tick when he saw someone who was maybe tryin to live a normal life and was just getting pulled into the shit. And repressed rage acting out in really stupid ways like the multiple times he’d tried fighting the hulk and that ended up horribly each time. He still got pains from being torn in half that one time still he couldn’t fully relate to her issue. Well maybe he had technically been treated like meet by Weapon X with all the poking and prodding him to test his healing factor, fake memory implants, and of course there was the metal bones. But those were different circumstances.

“Yep animal instinct mixed with human angst ain’t a great combination to deal with.” He leaned back in his seat

7. Leah Clearwater

Leah Clearwater Twilight

Guardswoman
    Race:
    Shapeshifter
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Surprisingly, the claw guy actually decided to talk with her instead of just leaving. Apparently he even understood what she was going through a little bit. It was pretty incredible how she was getting more empathy from a guy who barely knew anything about her than the guys who were supposed to be her family and knew exactly what she was feeling first-hand. It was just striking in comparison that some people actually gave a damn about others.

With a dark chuckle she replied, "yeah, tell me about it. It's even more obnoxious when most of the angst isn't even your own because your stupid biology decided that everyone should be able to share thoughts completely, even the ones they don't want to share."

Wolverine likes this.
  8. Wolverine

Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Logan snorted, yeah that sounded bout right for a shitty upbringing. His upbringing had been fine...for the most part right up until he found out who his real dad was and then his powers manifested. Logan sighed and scrubbed a hand over his face. "Try this, fought through two wars, World war one and the sequel. Got brought into a secret program, memory wipes, bones coated in unbreakable metal, then my healing factor wipes out more of my memory so I only remember some of my World War two service in Canadian and American regiments.I find a home but I can't get at home there because even with all these friends I still can't move past what I'm missing.And I only know when my birthday is because some old enemy, who I don't even know what beef I have with him comes every year on my birthday to attack me as a "present"." He ordered another beer and popped the cap of with his claws.

Logan looked at her and took a swig. "These powers of mine let me sniff you out, could tell you weren't human, wolf smells unique."

9. Leah Clearwater

Leah Clearwater Twilight

Guardswoman
    Race:
    Shapeshifter
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Leah had the feeling that she was in store for a good story, so she gestured for another whiskey as claw-man decided to one-up her issues. While part of her was indignant (being told that her issues were nothing compared to the brat who didn't get to date a girl still stung), mostly she was just impressed that claw-guy was still standing. It helped that he didn't phrase it like he was challenging her issues, so she was able to respond with more humor.

"That is impressive," she deadpanned, "but you've never been stuck in the head of a 16-year old who got turned down. I think I'd much prefer most of that stuff to living through one more second of teenage whining."

Someone else with super smelling. Interesting. "That's an interesting set of powers," she said, "claws and super smelling I get, but why healing on top? Seems arbitrary to me, but I suppose most of the powers I was around back in my world made even less sense, so I can't really complain."

Wolverine likes this.
  10. Wolverine

Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Well my home was a school for kids with powers but yeah Telepathy was never an issue for me." Logan tapped his skull. "Too many crossed wires." All the memory wipes and his healing factor healing years worth of concussions and lesions left him with some heavy protection against Telepathy, even Chuck couldn't crack through to his past for years. It took someone like Wanda changing all of reality to unlock those, now his other powers those were a lot of things, he had animal in him what animal in particular he had no idea. His canines were sharper, he had the nose of most predators, his healing factor was even linked to some creatures in nature although his had adapted so much over the years it far surpassed any natural healing factor found in the wild. He took another gulp of his beer. "It's a mutation for me, weird cells humans weren't supposed to have mixed into their DNA but my daddy had em, but he weren't a mutant."

Logan looked at her and sniffed. "So are you actually a werewolf..skinwalker? Something in between?"

11. Leah Clearwater

Leah Clearwater Twilight

Guardswoman
    Race:
    Shapeshifter
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I wish I had that," Leah said, "I've been missing having some damn privacy ever since I exploded into a wolf." If that came with the ability to not be ordered around thanks to some stupid 'alpha powers' then she was really jealous. There was nothing worse than being completely subservient to the guy who left her for her cousin.

"Oh, weird DNA for you too, huh?" she asked, "yeah, I'm apparently the latest in a long line of shapeshifters, leading all the way back to one grand leader. Apparently our genes have a bias towards men, since I'm the only female to turn into a wolf in my tribe's history." Did that get her any respect? Of course not. It just got people wondering if she wasn't as "female as she was supposed to be."

"I think shapeshifter would be the most accurate," she answered, "the fact that we're wolves was just a coincidence. It could've been any animal, really."

Wolverine likes this.
  12. Wolverine

Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "You should talk with a telepath then, training and such, my friend Jeanie she helped this one lady, a guy had messed with her head and she needed help blocking out that stuff." Logan remembered Jones, after what Kilgrave had set her through it was a miracle Jeanie's powers could help her. Logan had gotten the lucky draw from his father's DNA, his brother was just a mutt, covered in dog like features and twice as stupid as a dog. What Logan lacked in height his other powers made up for it pretty well, and the muscle mass and heightened metabolism helped with that. "With Mutants it usually seems like the power can either be inherent and follow the pattern of the parents or they can vary between kid. I've seen a magnetism based mutant have a speedster kid, and a reality bending witch daughter, and just a daughter who's also got magnet powers. Both my kids....got sorta my powers." With Laura at least she had learned his morals, learned his code. Daken...Daken wasn't gonna be fixed, didn't wanna be, and couldn't even be killed.

"And let me tell ya, kids with their powers just showing up can be a bitch."

13. Leah Clearwater

Leah Clearwater Twilight

Guardswoman
    Race:
    Shapeshifter
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Leah shook her head. "None of those guys are here anymore," she said, "and if they were, I wouldn't have anything to do with them, so it wouldn't be hard to just stay away if they show up." This was one of those problems where avoidance was the best solution. Their powers weren't much like telepathy, more like thought sharing, so she doubted there was any real solution. Being able to project the thoughts she wanted people to hear would be nice, but that also sounded unrealistic.

"I guess that's the nice thing about my tribe," she noted, "no guessing here. Either you turn into a wolf or you stay a human. And trust me, I know that. Though, the actual children handled the change better than most of the teenagers. They were scared, especially when our 'oh so glorious' alpha recruited them in a fight against vampires, but that was pretty understandable."

Wolverine likes this.
  14. Wolverine

Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Logan shrugged, that's why he didn't much mess with the tribal types of any sort, too much internal drama from old beefs coming back from generations back. Or strict rules everyone was supposed to follow to the T, and that wasn't something he was good at even if he agreed with the sentiments, even with Chuck and his plans for peace. Logan thought to the teens he had trained for his years in the Xavier mansion and a lot of them stood out, the big ones being Rogue, Jubilee, Laura, Bobby, Kitty. All of them were great kids, all had their own issues and Logan had tried to help, sometimes he felt like he wasn't that good at it but they'd all came out to be some of the best people he'd ever known and he was just happy to have known them. Logan sipped at his beer some more and chuckled at the memories. "Yeah...the younguns always get antsy when they first have to use their powers. Though we'd always make sure they were close to eighteen before we took em on dangerous missions. Back at the school i worked at...eventually owned for a while." At least he did, Scott had decided to forgo that little rule but then he'd forgone a lot in his time leading Utopia.

The talk of vampires made him raise an eyebrow. "I almost got turned once, healing factor tore it up but one of my little girl's Jubilee got turned, she's...out there somewhere with her little baby tryin' to live a normal life. For a vampire mutant."