By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Gramarye, Thalassa

Discussion in 'Citizens' started by Thalassa Gramarye, Nov 9, 2018 at 1:22 AM.

1. Thalassa Gramarye

Thalassa Gramarye Ace Attorney

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Thalassa Gramarye
    "I may have lost years, but I have gained a treasure. ...Two treasures, in fact."

[​IMG]
    Played by Wisdom

Fandom: Ace Attorney
    Species: Human
    Canon Point: After her meeting with Phoenix Wright in Spirit of Justice.

SKILLS & ABILITIES

Special Abilities
    Perception: Thalassa's family bloodline has an enhanced way of seeing the world and perceiving others. She can notice certain visual cues and ticks people have, no matter how hard they try to hide them. This means when someone is lying or is trying to keep a secret from her, she can pick up on even the most minuscule body-language one has and sometimes notice the smallest of details. This "power" is best seen when used by her son to tell exactly when a person is lying, but can also help when someone may try to physically do something in secret (say, pull out a weapon). Though she usually used her perception to make sure she didn't get hit by bullets when performing a magic trick involving two men shooting at her, as well as sometimes read a person's actions when playing cards.

Deception and Secrecy: Thalassa is no stranger to lying and keeping secrets of her own. Before she became a singer, she was part of Troupe Gramarye as an assistant to her father and his cohorts as they would perform magic tricks with sleight-of-hand, secret passageways, and Thalassa and her father's advanced perception. After losing her memory and becoming blind, she became a famous singer who formed a duo with a young piano prodigy, though to maintain her reputation as "The Landscape Painter in Sound", she had her cohort act as the blind one of the two, and that she guided him around. She would also lie in court to protect her cohort, but she was only stopped by her son, Apollo Justice, when he caught her lie with his own ability in perceiving things as she could. After regaining her memories and sight, she decided to only say she was the mother of her daughter, Trucy Wright - waiting for the right time to reveal she also bore Apollo as her son.

Advanced Magic Tricks: As the daughter of a very famous magician, one of her deceased husbands being the apprentice of him, and an even having been a magical assistant to both of them and Troupe Gramarye, Thalassa has experience with advanced sleight-of-hand tricks, grand illusions, timing, and even a few dangerous stunts. She could definitely pull of a few cool tricks, but may be a bit rusty due to not having had practice with it in quite some time. Though don't count her out, as she just might be able to surprise someone with a trick of her own.

Equipment
    Special Bracelet: A bracelet that was part of a set her father gave her, it is made of a special alloy to detect the wearer's body-temperature to make sure it is a perfect fit at all times. When the wearer becomes tense or have a muscle contraction, the bracelet tightens itself. This usually helps tip off Thalassa when something appears to be wrong, and helps her perceive things.

Cloak and Veil: Part of Thalassa's get-up when she is performing under her stage name, "Lamiroir". The costume is made of silk, and is dark-blue with some light-yellow shapes, making it look like a galaxy. In a pinch, she might use it as a distraction for an illusion. Otherwise, it's just pretty to look at, and makes her seem even more elegant and mysterious when onstage.

WEAKNESSES

Mortal: Thalassa is a regular human being. Her magic tricks are just those - tricks. She can be poisoned, wounded, get sick, die - really anything that can happen to a normal human can happen to her.

PTSD: Life isn't always beautiful. Especially for Thalassa, who has been widowed as a young woman, was unable to locate her son, then lost her memory and was thought to be dead less than a decade after she had remarried and had a daughter she loved. For seven years, she had no memory nor sight, and only after eye surgery was she able to finally see the world around her - a world in which her second husband had been murdered, and her daughter adopted by a someone Thalassa respected. This keeps her seclusive and sometimes not too social, as well as sometimes finding herself depressed over her sad life.

Slight Phonophobia: Due to a magic trick involving guns being the catalyst of what many believed was her death - as well as the cause of Thalassa's seven years of amnesia and blindness - she is sometimes a bit wary when it comes to loud sounds that remind her of a gun. Even if it turns out to be nothing, she will stay a bit shaken by it, remembering the tragedy that had almost completely stolen her life.

FREEFORM

What is life, you ask? My opinion is just that - an opinion. But through my eyes, life is singing in the dark. Moving on through the tunnel until you see the end. Making the impossible possible, or at least making it seem that way, even though what you're aiming for was in your reach all along - especially when you reach the treasures you have been missing out on. ...My name? Please, call me Thalassa. Some would know me as Lamiroir, but that name is no more than just something I call myself on a stage when I sing, these days. And never have I been more proud to be Thalassa Gramarye than the past two years of my life. It is the name I entered the world with, and the name I regained as the two treasures of my life have become so successful, as I've watched from the shadows.

If you want to know more of me, just ask. I can tell by the way you're looking you probably crave more about a mere woman in a veil, sitting across from you. I am but a famous magician's daughter. His name - Magnifi Gramarye. He raised me to be part of Troupe Gramarye, which was basically his own show of magicians that were famous from where I come from. All of his "apprentices" even took on stage-names to sound like they were related. It essentially became part of who they were... But I'll return to this subject a bit later into the story. Anyway, of course, young love hit me hard. Before I knew it, I left the troupe behind and had married a great musician named Jove Justice. We were so happy, and had a child together. But my life would be taken away when he died in a foreign country when performing for royalty, swept in a fire at the palace. Our son would be lost in the chaos.

Of course, I do have my regrets. I should've went after hearing the news and searched. But I was so consumed in self-sorrow and pity, I believed the worst had happened to both of them. I had no choice but to return to my father, and once again become a magician's assistant. Back in Troupe Gramarye, right where I had started in life... I soon married one of the magicians in the Troupe. Most people from where I'm from know him as Zak Gramarye - his stage name. Together, we had a daughter - my second treasure, Trucy. And for eight years, I was happy again. Troupe Gramarye had hit the peak of popularity, I had a husband, our little treasure - who herself had wanted to be a magician so badly since before she could even speak. But that was not to last, either. One day, "Zak" and his best friend, "Valant", decided to practice a trick involving me being shot at from both sides... But instead of the usual routine going smoothly, one of the bullets hit me. My father covered up my death - made it appear as if I left without a trace.

I somehow was found in a country named Borginia. I couldn't see - nor could I remember anything. I basically found myself singing in restaurants, learning the local language, and becoming a duo with a boy named Machi. We were found by a talent agency, and it was decided Machi would pretend to be blind, whereas I would pretend to see, being his guide... When in actuality, it was the other way around. Around seven years after I had lost my memory, I had adopted the name "Lamiroir". I traveled to the United States to perform... Ironically, in the same coliseum Troupe Gramarye had been practicing to perform at when that fateful practice session occurred. Though, my bodyguard was murdered. It has turned out he was busting a smuggling ring, which Machi and an American detective were in. There I would find my son - a young defense attorney. He would question me in court, and find out that the detective himself was the murderer. My son's performance in court inspired me to get eye surgery so I could see the world. And like that, I regained my memory when I saw the world around me.

My son, Apollo, worked for a man named Phoenix Wright. But, sadly, I found out my second husband had been murdered. Mr. Wright found out who I was due to his circumstance defending my husband for the murder for my father. The case was never solved due to my husband escaping with my little Trucy's assistance. As if fate itself wanted to fit the pieces back together, Mr. Wright adopted my daughter after my husband disappeared, and even took care of her after her real father died. After seeing my dear Apollo fighting in court for a case where I was part of a jury... And my little Trucy helping him the best she could, I decided after it was all over to wait to tell my children the full truth. Of course, my real name was what most would call a "dead giveaway" to Trucy, so I kept in touch. But never did Apollo know I was his mother.

My son would go back to the country his father was murdered in a few years later, help overthrow the queen with just one court case alone... And save so many lives, restoring peace and law there. It turned out that snake-of-a-queen murdered my dear Jove in a successful attempt to scare and overthrow her more peaceful sister, who would retake the throne after the truth was revealed. I was so thankful for Mr. Wright helping Apollo become a successful man with such a great life ahead of him, and even Trucy revived Troupe Gramarye herself. Of course, due to finding out everything, Mr. Wright had received a picture of my husband and called me to pick it up. He urged me to tell my children the truth, but again, I hesitated. Just knowing that they were capable of great things and seeing them succeed and already know each other was enough for me.

But, as I left the office of Mr. Wright, I'd find myself being dragged here by weird vines. Here, in front of you. ...And now I ask you - what is the meaning of life? What are your treasures? If you have them, hold them tight. Or at least keep your grasp on them tight as you can once you realize what they are. That was my mistake - I found and cherished them, but still kept my course - letting them just slip away, possibly forever. It's like losing my memory all again, scared in a new world I know nothing of, not knowing anyone who I can call family. Nor do I wish that my children experience that, either. But maybe, if my selfish wishes come to fruition, I can find the end to this tunnel - see my children once more, and be there in-person, not just as some illusion out of their reach. And it's a promise that if the time is right, they'll both know everything I have to tell them.​

#1 Thalassa Gramarye, Nov 9, 2018 at 1:22 AM
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 10:29 PM
    Trucy Wright and Apollo Justice like this.
  2. Thalassa Gramarye

Thalassa Gramarye Ace Attorney

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Thalassa is ready for review!

3. Hunter

Hunter they're in his infinite void of darkness
    Application Division

Natural Disaster
    Alignment: