HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Groovy Baby

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Butch DeLoria, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Butch DeLoria

Butch DeLoria Fallout

March 5th
    @Shuri

Butch had been wandering with a gang for a few weeks, at first it was sweet ya know, he was stealing cars, robbing a couple stores at night. Then they left Pandora Town and traveled to the desert, sure he was tired of the freaking Wasteland but he'd finally found some cool cats, even if he wasn't the leader it was better than nothing. But then they came across some travelers and the rest of the gang...they just killed em and took their stuff, like maybe scarin' em and taking a bit of the stuff would have been fine but like...they didn't even try to fight the guys killed em anyway. Butch didn't sleep for a few nights before finally he used Toothpick to slice open the leader of the gang's throat before sneaking off with some cash and any of the supplies the gang would need to make it out of the desert. Maybe they'd die, and good if they did, or maybe they'd get out and come looking for him, either way he was done with em. There was being bad and then there was being too bad in his opinion. Yeah he had roughed up the occasional person in the Vault but he wasn't like the Overseer he didn't just have someones brains bashed in like he'd done with the Doc's assistant. But now he was in Horizon, he was in some seedy bar spending some of the cash he stole from the gang.

Maybe he'd get some cool armor to beef up his jacket, make himself look badass. He was taking a drag of his cigarette and looked around the crappy little place. He wasn't gonna let what he'd done shake him, he was a gang member and he proved he was better than those mooks. He was the baddest cat in Pandora.

Shuri likes this.
  2. Shuri

Shuri Guest

The Throw-and-Grow was selling nicely. Soon enough she and her brother had enough money to start collecting the building material necessary to start building the actual school. WIME would be revolutionary, even in a place like Pandora. And Shuri was sure that with the proper facilities, they could truly make something good for those people who were technologically inclined.

Of course Shuri was a master engineer even without any sort of degree from any sort of university. But she could not actually build this herself. So she found a company that would be discreet for the right amount of money that would help with the building process. It was the right step forward, after all.

She met the man: an older sixty something architect. His head in a turban and his manner soft and gentle. Almost as if he was afraid of talking too loud. She met him at the Watering Hole, sitting down at one of the few tables and happily opening the laptop she had in her possession, showing him the architect plans as he listened with quiet interest.

”I’m hoping for the basement to be the lab. Any fire starts there it should have a ventilation system.” She moved her finger across the pad of the laptop, showing other floors. ”The upper floors should act as classrooms, mechanical labs to build things….”

”That seems a lot for a school.” He mentioned, sounding curious, stirring his drink with his finger. ”Have you thought of the ground? Where you are building… it is not stable miss.”

She grinned at him, winking, ”I have a few ideas of my own for that, don’t you worry.” What was a mechanical engineer in the face of mother nature, eh? ”You think you can get this done?”

The man nodded, ”I’ll contact you soon. Let you know when my men can get started.” They shook hands, and the man left. Meanwhile: Shuri put her laptop in her bag and made her way to the Wateringhole entrance, past a boy smoking, every intention to leave.

Butch DeLoria likes this.
  3. Butch DeLoria

Butch DeLoria Fallout

Butch let out a low whistle as the lady passed by him, he took the cigarette out of his mouth and dropped it in the sand, crushing it under his boot. "Just when I thought coming out to the desert had been a mistake." He chuckled and started to walk beside her, crossing his hands behind his back. "But after seeing this well sweetheart I gotta say the desert always has some oasis in it." Butch thought it was a good line, but Butch was also extremely not self aware. He considered himself a ladies man, ignoring the fact he'd still never kissed a girl. Mostly because his antics made every girl in the vault think he was a jerk (which was true) and the fact he had no idea on how to talk to girls outside of pick up lines. He pulled out Toothpick and used to the flat of his blade to scrape back his hair like a comb. Even though on his belt he still had all the barber supplies he carried like a comb.

"Name's Butch Deloria, leader of the Tunnel Snakes." And only Tunnel Snake but forget about that.

Shuri likes this.
  4. Shuri

Shuri Guest

Was it bad that at first Shuri didn’t notice the man as he walked next to her? Even when he was talking, the girl barely noticed: continuing to walk out of the tent overhang that the ‘Watering Hole’, computer tucked under her arm, taking out her phone with another and texting her brother to say she was finished and would be home soon.

”Actually: most ‘oasis’ phenomenon in deserts are mirages created from sunlight and heat reflecting off the desert sand.” she muttered in absent response before realizing that the boy was still indeed walking next to her, and apparently had been talking to her the whole time. She blinked as he introduced himself, and made a grimace.

”….. Yah……. Maybe think of renaming your boy band?” She recommended with that same grimace look, ”Tunnel Snakes sounds like the beginning of a really bad- you know what……” She stopped herself, ”You’ll figure it out eventually, Butch De-Lor-ia.” Her accent extenuating the ‘lor’ and ‘ia’ without her consent.

Shuri turned to look at him more properly, brown eyes looking him up and down with a critical eye. ”So…. Are you supposed to be an extra from ‘Grease Lightning’? Or are you just…. From that time period that the movie was made?” She’d been here long enough to know people were from all manner of time periods. Sucked to be them: in a world before internet.

Butch DeLoria likes this.
  5. Butch DeLoria

Butch DeLoria Fallout

Butch raised an eyebrow at the Grease Lightning comment,Vault 101 didn't have many holovids so he had no idea what the hell she was talking about. Also he liked the Tunnel Snakes name just fine, it was better than The Vault Dwellers or whatever other names Wally Mack made up. Butch blinked, not being put off by her clear put downs of him he pressed on. Butch for all his flaws had a pretty good self image even with his own insecurities that influenced his behavior. He could just walk off most insults with some cocky bravado. Hell he's just killed some punk bandit and lived to tell the tale. Sure the guy had been sleeping and Butch had made sure no one else could see him before he ran but still that was a good victory in his book. "Me, I'm the leader of the baddest cats this side of the Capital Wasteland...at least I was when I was in the capital wasteland...Now I'm just the only Tunnel Snake."

But he was still the baddest guy in Pandora...at least he told himself that.

Shuri likes this.