HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Group Healing.

Discussion in 'Pandora Town' started by Jack Morrison, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Date TBA
    @Angela Ziegler

Jack Morrison’s super soldier endurance was good for one thing, he could get three to four hours of sleep and have it feel like the full eight hours he needed. That gave plenty of time to keep watch on Angela while she slept, he’d seen the nightmares, he knew how bad they could get and having her right there meant he could do something if he saw she was acting up. Usually laying next to her and watching her for any signs of distress was calming since he didn’t always see any. And it was just her, sleeping right there next to him. He sighed and laid his head down on his pillow, he was ready to get used to this, domestic life with just the two of them together. He’d been thinking about when the war was over and they’d be going back to this maybe they’d get out of Pandora town, get some land in the fields and make a nice sized house.

He liked that idea, he scooted closer to her and wrapped his arms gently around her waist, pulling her close against him and just watching her, hoping she would have a good night and nothing would happen. Hoping soon he’d be drifting off to the scent of her hair. Jack Morrison was a simple man and a simple romantic with simple desires. And it was the small things like that made him happy.

Angela Ziegler likes this.
  2. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Field Medic/First Responder
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Things were... slowly, very slowly, getting better. Angela had no doubts there would still be hardships to overcome, especially with Jack's final battle coming up, but she was sure that if they just worked together, perhaps even sought the help of a few others up for the job, then there was no reason it couldn't go well. For now, she'd been getting help sleeping and eating, the latter far easier than the prior she found but that didn't mean there was progress, and there was, again, thanks to the man.

Tonight... was not one of those nights though. It'd been so long since she'd seen Flash, the man she had been forced to operate on. Months in fact. And all she could do was fear that he was alright, wherever he might be though she had a sinking feeling Pandora wasn't going to allow her to see him again. Images flashed in her mind, the man's poor face as he seemed trapped and so... so hurt. Then there was Ultron. That horrible... creature had reminded her of the time she had spent in London. Emotionless, cold beings that only wanted to harm... that were only made to harm... Just like Ultron wanted. Except he was perhaps worse, he was clever, he was... something she wanted to forget.

Those red eyes shone in the darkness of her dream, a laugh, a promise that she wouldn't be able to hide forever. What begun as a small frown was now beginning to cause strained noises to fall from her lips, one of her hands forming into a small fist as she pushed against Jack's chest whilst he held her close.
    "No..." She had murmured, Angela's hair beginning to cling to her skin that had formed a thin film of sweat, a cry leaving her louder than the previous ones had been.

"STOP!" The woman screamed as she sat upright in the bed, tears streaming down her fact and her heart beating so fast it literally ached inside of her chest whilst her hand clutched over her chest. Her shaking hands reached to her head, clutching at its sides before she shook and cried out again, pushing, kicking at the blankets over her because in that one moment it felt like so many things just holding onto her at once, hands grabbing at her, promising to never let her go.

"L-Let me go- Please!" She begged, Angela's usually pretty blues unseeing and blurred with tears as her nightmares felt as if they were all coming true now.

Jack Morrison likes this.
  3. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Jack jolted out of his peaceful stupor when Angela started struggling, pulling away from him, thinking he was someone trying to hurt her. He was quick to react, pulling her softly back towards him. "Angela it's me, It's Jack! you're just in bed, it's okay!" He gently rubbed her belly and kept her close, trying to slowly bring her back into reality. He'd never seen her this bad before and he was afraid she'd get worse, he didn't know how to deal with this, he barely even understood what was causing the nightmares let alone how to fix them. He'd been so worried about keeping her fed and trying to get her healthy again that he barely thought to ask. Feeling a bit of guilt he kissed across her cheek and nuzzled closer. Softly shushing her as he tried to slow her breathing down. "It's alright Angie. It's just me and you, you aren't anywhere you don't wanna be and you know I'd never let anyone take you." His arms wrapped around her skinny waist and he rested his chin against her shoulder.

He doubted sleep was coming this night but he really didn't care he was more worried about Angela and her safety. What had happened? What had caused this much of an outburst. "Angela just stay calm and tell me what happened."

4. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    As Jack tried to hold her, comfort her and tell her that it was all just a dream, the woman screamed and threw her hands at him, landing weak blows against his chest whilst she shook her head and tried to squirm away.
    "Please, please no more!" She had begged, tears steaming down her cheeks still as she tried her hardest to fight off the man. Hearing his soothing voice, she could only shake her head once more, his promise ringing a little louder in her ears, one she wasn't sure she could believe. Of course Angela wanted to, she did, of course she did... but she'd been taken before and whilst she didn't blame Jack for it, she was terrified and knew one man could only do so much.

"Jack..." She sobbed, seemingly able to actually see the man in front of her now as she apologised between her weeping. Nodding quietly, it was the best Angela could do for now to show she was indeed listening to the man, a sigh leaving her lips in response as she did so. Held in place, the woman let a sigh leave her lips before she tried to steady herself out a little more, one of her hands wiping at the tears that had finally begun to slow down now as well.

Jack was talking, asking her what was wrong. Right, she needed to answer. Nodding softly to herself once more she brushed her hair back from her face, swallowing as the thin film of sweat that had formed over her body was now turning cold and making her tug the covers up, shaking at the chill.
    "I can't stop having the same nightmare... He always f-finds me, Jack." Angela was trying, god she was. But she hadn't really opened up to anyone about what had occurred, frightened that as if speaking his name would summon the demons of her dreams.

"I'm so tired... When will he let me rest...?"

5. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Jack held Angela close to his chest and rubbed her back, he should have made her talk about this sooner, because now he had no idea how to react to all of this. Other than just smothering Angela with affection and pulling her as close as possible. He ran his fingers through her hair and nuzzled her neck not wanting her to cry anymore, he'd already seen enough of that, when he was the one causing it. Nights of sleeping by her side, he thought she was getting better but maybe that was wishful thinking, she seemed...what she was saying was bordering on paranoid. Who was this person who had caused her to act like this...he kissed her softly, resting his forehead against hers and trying to just wash away any of the tenses in her. "Angela, no one's coming for you, and no one's stopping you from sleeping, you need to tell me what happened so I can help you let go of these things....please."

If Angela didn't like Jack hiding things then he hated when he felt something was hidden from him. Especially something that had to do with her health. "Angela please...tell me everything."

6. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    The gentle but firm, affectionate gestures were reminders to the woman that Jack was still there, that this was all real and all she'd had was just another unfortunate nightmare thanks to her past events. Pressing one of her hands to her forehead, she tried to rearrange the numerous thoughts rushing through her mind at the time. She was safe, she needed to remember that. For now at least. Sighing softly Angela felt the elder's lips meet her own and she smiled softly in thanks, fatigue written all over her features whilst one hand rested against the man's chest, the other clutching at the sheets still

"I will..." Angela promised, sighing to herself once more and running a hand through her own hair this time. She supposed the beginning was the best place to start.
    "Some time ago there were bodies popping up. All of them showing unusual signs of death so I had been called in to take a look, see if I could help figure out what was causing so many deaths." Giving pause, Angela gripped on tighter to the duvet as she remembered the robot's face as clear as day and god, did it haunt her.

Turning her head, she met Jack's gaze as she continued on.
    "I was abducted not too long after I had begun my research. I fought for my freedom as best I could, Jack. I really did. But they knocked me out and I woke up somewhere else entirely. I had no idea where I was but some young man woke me up. I learned his name was Eugene but he preferred Flash." Trailing off, it was clear Angela felt responsible for the man and hoped that he was okay no matter where he was, a sigh leaving her once more.

"It was just he and I. And then Ultron appeared. That's who I keep having nightmares of, Jack. He's a sentient robot and he... he's everywhere. I'm not crazy, he can move through the internet and through technology, energy." She begun tearing up as she finished the rest of the story, admitting that she'd gone against her oath as a doctor and been forced to help operate on an innocent, that being something she wondered and figured she'd never really get over. Bowing her head in shame, she detailed things from their escape, Flash making sure she got out but he having been left behind to her hiding in Cascade Bay without a damn word to anyone about it either.

She'd included how Venom had come for an impromptu visit as well, revealing Flash within the.. creature before ultimately leaving her be too. She left out the other adventures she had in Cascade Bay, at least for now. They weren't the ones keeping her up as much as Ultron's red eyes and her guilty conscious was, weighing soul crushingly down on Angela.
    "I don't know where he is other than it had happened in Pandora Town, Jack. And I keep thinking he's going to find me, there's no way he hasn't at least tried looking for me. And what about Flash? The poor man... he didn't deserve that and I failed him as a doctor."

With a small sob leaving her lips, Angela felt herself beginning to cry all over again, but for a whole other reason.
    "I'm supposed to protect, not harm."

7. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Jack pressed against Angela and just silently listened, not interrupting or interjecting, just listening to what she had to get off her chest. He just kept one arm around her and the other twirling it's finger through her hair. Even if this Ultron could do what she said he could how would he know where to track her unless she left a big enough footprint, the Internet was vast, containing hundreds if not thousands of sites and firewalls and plenty of people who could meet Angela's preferences, he'd have to scour all of Pandora and there was no way he'd be able to track her all the way to his safe house. But as for the rest of it he just squeezed her tighter, she always put too much blame on herself even when control of a situation was far out of her reach. There was nothing that she could have done against something like what she described. And she'd done what she'd needed to do in order to survive. He reached up and softly stroked her ears and combed his fingers through her hair, making her look him in the eye.

"Angela you didn't do anything wrong, you didn't control the situation and were forced to do what you did, anything that happened on Ultron's head not yours' do you understand that? No one is going to find you here and no one is going to hurt you while I'm around Angie."
    He pulled the woman into his lap, crossing his legs to give her enough space to sit and get even closer than before. "Don't you dare act like you caused any of that."

8. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    As nice as the touches were, Angela felt claustrophobic and cornered, like she was still drawn into her nightmare and coils of it wrapped around her dangerously. Shaking her head as the elder spoke, she felt the tears trail down her cheeks as she knew it was her fault. So she gently pulled away from Jack's hold and his touch, out of his lap and with her feet padding on the cold flooring.
    "What's wrong is this keeps on happening and I can't defend or protect people like I need to as their doctor. And as their friend..."

It was clear she wasn't just talking about the kidnapping incident, but in fact it was the guilt of all the times she took the blame for her friends and her family having had such hard times in the past. Who else was there to blame besides herself? From saving Genji and the things he had to give up in return for a half life, to wondering if Gabriel blamed her for the hardships he had come to face with his own choices. What if she had said something else? What if she had helped him that little bit more? Sure she might have given a little too much of herself and been more than exhausted, but wouldn't it be worth it in the end?

"How many more times do I have to let people down, Jack? How many more times do people have to suffer because I'm too weak to do anything?" Angela had walked over to the small bedroom window, appreciating the cool feeling emanating from it as Pandora Town was still very unforgiving and cold outside. Wrapping her arms around herself, she bowed her head as the tears had dried up in exchange for a deep frown in its place.
    "I've given up on trying to save the world, I did that a long time ago. But I did it in favour of helping those I love and care for and it all seems for nought now."

Leaning her head against the cold window she closed her eyelids, the blonde pressing her lips together before she let out another tired sigh.
    "I'm useless..."

9. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Jack watched Angela as she lamented being a failure. Or what she saw as a failure. He stood up and approached, keeping his distance. Each word cut like a knife because he knew they weren’t true. “You’ve saved countless lives you can’t just focus on the failures, nothing in life is one hundred percent, even you.” He placed a hand on the window and looked down at her. “I failed Overwatch when I didn’t see the makings of a set up but I’m not going to let that stand in my way, I have to figure out who did it, not sit and blame myself.” He cupped her chin gently with the tips of his fingers and tilted her head up to look at him. "I cant offer you anything other than a warm bed and emotional support, I can't convince you that all this I'm a failure talk is bullshit mixed with exhaustion and guilt over things you couldn't control. But what I can do is tell you that you saved me in that lab." He turned and walked back to the bed, sitting down at the edge and watching her. Even like this, in a bunched up shirt, several sizes too large for her and messy hair and tear stained eyes she looked perfect to him.

"If it wasn't for the thought of you I'd have died on that table without even a second thought. Nobodies perfect, and just because someone forced you into something awful doesn't mean you failed as a doctor. You had to do what you needed to survive, just like I have."

10. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    As he came over she appreciated how he didn't try to touch her again, but was close enough to be a kind of comfort she could still take some comfort in. Angela glanced at him from the corner of her eye when he spoke, now appreciating how he didn't sugar coat things with her as he had so often done. Honesty was always the best way to speak with the young woman, she didn't like mind games or games in general, and she was far more likely to respect someone for being upfront with her since the beginning.

And yet...

Lifting her head away from the cool window frame she looked over her shoulder at Jack, her tired eyes fixed on him whilst he sat on the bed and put his survival down to her having been there in his mind. Letting out a tired laugh, she unfurled her arms from around her waist whilst making her way back over to the elder, finding her way over where she stood in front of him, her hand pushing back her blonde locks from her face.

"You can't put down the hallucination you had to me saving you... That was your own mind and as thankful as I am for it- I can't take the credit for saving you." Sighing she briefly turned her back on Jack once more, raising one of her hands to her lips where she parted them to worriedly nip at her fingertips, an old habit she seemed unable to kick.
    "Jack- Jack you don't blame me for leaving Overwatch early? You don't blame me for what happened whilst I was gone? For what happened with Gabe? Because I need to know. I- I just need to know the truth."

What Angela really wanted was for one of those people she felt she'd let down over the years to turn on her now and hiss at her, cuss and swear, tell her that she had been the one to blame for whatever unkindness life had graced them with. Angela very much felt like she should be harmed, that even after all she'd been through she deserved to suffer so she might repent for the apparent wrongs she had done to those she felt she had failed.

"Do you? Do you blame me for any of it, Jack?" The doctor asked, turning around now and looking down at Jack who sat in front of her. Eyes shimmering and threatening to fill and overflow with tears at any moment, she held her breath whilst waiting for an answer she wasn't sure she would ever be ready for.

11. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Jack shook his head and smiled. "Angela you can tell me all the medical jargon you want that ain't gonna change how I feel Angie." Then his smile faded and was replaced by a grimace, so that's what all this was leading up to. He should have known it would eventually come to this and he'd have to set things straight but deep down he hoped, he prayed she didn't really feel the need to blame himself for what happened to Overwatch, what happened between him and Gabriel because she had nothing to do with that. Her choices were her own and her leaving did nothing to help or worsen what was happening and Jack refused to allow her to try and claim any responsibility for any of it. "No Angela, I don't blame you, it wasn't anything to do with you, you interjecting never helped other than to stop the fight that was happening at that moment. What was happening between me and Gabriel was happening between me and Gabriel and nothing anyone other than the two of us did was ever gonna change that. And no one blames you for that."

He stood up and hugged her. "Gabriel might but Gabriel is a psychopath who doesn't want to face the consequences of his own actions. Overwatch was never your fault Angela, you have to let go. if you really expect me to let go of 76 after this mission....then you have to let go of all of this. Because it's killing you and I cant....I can't watch that."

12. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    She didn't let her chest lighten, she couldn't, not yet. Not until Jack explained why it couldn't be her fault. As the elder spoke she was reminded of the fights she had stopped which he recalled on, and a small sigh left her lips in response. They were a lot of work, and perhaps Gabriel would have found her stance on things always to be biased, but that wasn't true, she held both men for their beliefs and for what they were fighting for. What their friend had begun fighting for, she didn't know, sometimes she wondered if he just liked the blood on his hands too much to really let go of it. God knows he'd nearly had these two's on his hands nearly and on more than one occasion too.

And no one blames you for that.

That's when her shoulders sagged and she let out the longest, heaviest sigh she had in so long. Pressing a hand to her head, she knew that it'd be a little while before she could really begin believing it and acting on that belief, but it was a start to say the least. As Angela was hugged she wrapped her own arms around the man's shoulders, leaning up on her tip toes so her face could press against one of his shoulders, her tired eyes filling with tears but ones that wouldn't quite fall.

"I made you a promise... To do things together, so I'm going to keep it. I thought I lost you once, Jack. I can't do that again." Whilst there was a lot of healing for the pair to do, and at least parts had to be put on hold, there was no way she wasn't going to do this with him properly when they had the time to do so. Nuzzling her face against his chest now, Angela's golden hair perhaps tickled over his scars before she finally lifted her face to meet his gaze and mumbled.

"Stay up with me a little longer? Make me forget... just for the night."

13. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Jack sighed at the feeling of her hair drifting over the scarred flesh on his chest and shoulders. It was the little moments like this that he craved, The feeling of her warmth against him, the thin but firm grip of her arms around his waist, the smell of her hair, and the movements of her chest. It all just melted into one feeling as her breath crept up against his neck. His whole body visibly relaxed, his chest loosening up and every sore muscle or strained vein just relaxed back into place and he felt calm. "You won't ever lose me Angie." He whispered in her ear. "And I don't ever wanna hear you blame yourself for what happened again. Ever." His arms tightened slightly around her, pressing her closer to him and he looked down to meet her eyes. He knew she wouldn't back to sleep in just a little longer but he was fine with that, as long as it meant more time he could stay like this, holding her in his arms and just forgetting about the world outside of the room they shared. Forgetting sounded so good, the idea of just letting it all pass by like it never happened just for one night. "Of course I'll stay up Angie."

He kissed her deeply and pulled her closer, his hands combing through her hair as he pulled her closer and let his eyes slide shut. Just staying in the moment and enjoying the feel of the kiss. He lifted her up, she was light, too light but he didn't mind that at the moment.

14. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "I sure hope so, Jack. I don't know what I'll do with myself if I ever have to feel that close to losing you again. Do you hear me? Its not the same... Its just- Its- So painful." Angela mumbled softly against the en's chest, holding onto him tightly in return as she did so. But forgetting about the world outside of their window, of this little safe house Jack had seemingly taken such a liking to. For a silly moment she even let her mind wander about thoughts of loving somewhere that might be better for the two of them, but there was no more to these thoughts than that, not before she was cutting herself short and turning away all over again.

"Thank you." She smiled, grateful she wasn't going to have to spend the night time up and alone. Jack would keep away the phantoms of the night away and that was more than she could ask for, all she felt she had the right to do. Of course she'd not said much or really anything at all about being able to never blame herself for it again, but she would try, especially if it was what the elder wanted from her.

But there was enough of that, she was being kissed now and that was much better to be thinking, feeling about.
    "Jack..." Angela had managed to whisper between kisses as she was lifted up, feeling like a weightless bird in his strong hold whilst her own hands settled on his torso, holding onto him tiredly whilst their noses bumped against one another's now and then as she had long been beginning to return his kisses too.

"Are you trying to keep me up for the whole night?" She asked a little breathlessly, smiling before she combed her own fingers through his hair. Bumping noses once more, Angela kissed him this time, allowing herself to lean in and taste Jack, to revel in his warmth and be allowed to just relax for one more night. That's all she needed now, Jack.

15. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Jack thought he could get used to that feeling. Just the feeling of the two of them embracing in a room like none of the chaos of the outside world mattered. He sighed and settled into her hold slid his own hands down her back and grabbed small fistfuls of the shirt she had on. He made a small content noise as she pulled away and he nudged her nose back as he felt her hands move to his chest. “Angie.” Her name came out in a gruff whisper as he smiled down at her. She was catching on fasf but he didn’t mind because his mind was to busy melting away from the feeling of her kisses. And it was his turn to return them, he leaned into her hands as they moved through his grey hair, her touch still soothed him even as it helped him wipe away any desire to sleep for the night. He grabbed her legs gently to hold her safely against his chest and pulled back from the kiss to lean in to her ear.

“I don’t think I could keep you up all night. But you’re welcome to try with me.” He whispered gruffly in her ear before kissing down her neck with a cocky chuckle.

16. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    As Jack held onto the back of the shirt she was wearing, Angela could feel the material bunching up and rising just higher over her thighs, making her shudder as more of her skin was exposed to the cooler elements. But it was alright, the elder was holding her closer to his chest and enveloping her in his glorious warmth. As she was held up further, the woman wrapped her legs around Jack's hips before twirling the ends of his grey hair between her fingertips, eyelids half closed whilst she listened to his somewhat cheeky suggestion.

"Jack Morrison, you old fox." Angela mumbled more to herself, smiling all the same before she tilted her head back a little, using her finger and thumb to turn her friend's face up by his chin so they could have their gazes meet for just a moment.
    "How's about I make another deal with you. As soon as we're all done with this, when you've hung up your mask and gun, and we've done it together... That's when I'll give you my answer." It might have been a while away, but Angela didn't want to rush anything. She wanted things to be slow, she wanted to be able to trust her own judgement without wondering and second guessing herself because of her involvement with Jack.

Unable to help but laugh a little when the whole thing seemed like a bit of a role reversal with their ages and all, her hand coming up to cover her mouth as her whole body seemed to shake in delight at the thought of the joke alone. When she had finally settled a little more, Angela knew there was a small voice in her mind that was perhaps a little sadistic, one that urged her on to make the man wait in the hopes of being able to see, to know that Jack really wanted her for this long and it wasn't because of whatever crummy situation the two always seemed to wind themselves up in.

"You think you can hold out that long, Jack?"

17. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Jack smirked and looked at Angela, locking his eye with hers, they were as close as they could get at that point, her legs anchoring her against his torso. And he didn't mind a bit, no matter how long he had to stay up just being like this would be enough for him. And he had to admit her wanting to wait left him happy, it meant that what they had was something she wanted to keep long term and Jack...Jack had plans for long term. For a life retirement, for a quiet life of fresh air, their own plot of land and a nice two story farm house they would wake up and got to bed in. Her infectious little laughter actually got him to laugh with her and he nudged her nose with his own, happily nodding and holding her tight. "You drive a hard bargain there miss Ziegler, especially after letting me get all worked up like this." He nibbled her neck softly but then laid his cheek down against it, sighing a little. "But I'll agree, until this is over, I'll wait however long it takes. I love you Angie. So much."

Jack sat back down on the bed, running his hands through her hair and making a content humming noise. "After all this is behind us I wanna leave this town, go somewhere where it's just us for a while, alone in a nice house better than this one." He whispered in her ear and leaned his forehead against hers. "I want to do that now...but would it be wrong not to finish this?"

18. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Angela was so happy he understood and was willing to be patient. She knew that a lot of people, a lot of men weren't so kind like that, some even pressuring for answers to the point she could feel unsafe in their presence. But here he was, understanding her and respecting her, not being mad either for her choices and instead showering her with genuine love and affection. Of course her heart skipped a beat when Jack said those three words as well, that he loved her, and to hear a strong man like him be able to bare his heart like that? Without hesitance?

It meant the world to Angela.

"You mean away from the maddening crowd? I could agree to that... I think its the one thing all of us really want in all honesty." Angela murmured as she settled in his lap and felt him whisper in her ear, smiling to herself still whilst she combed her fingertips through his grey hair, smoothing down the tufts near the back where he had been leaning on earlier.

But it was his next words that had Angela freezing up, eyes widening in response before their foreheads were pressed together and she was looking at his eyes close up. One hand now on his chest and just over his heart, she told herself not to get her hopes up and that Jack was to explain himself as best he could before she got any ideas other than this one she'd been hoping for. The peaceful alternative.
    "Jack... Jack what are you saying? You want to stop? You want to stop early and not go on?" Angela asked, steadying herself somewhat more before she leaned her head back, now tilting the man's face up with her fingers at his chin.

Gently, slowly, she splayed her fingers over his cheeks, holding him in place whilst she searched his eyes for more answers, confused, excited, hopeful. If Jack was willing to hang up the jacket without another war then there was no way she was going to deter him for it, but she wanted to make sure he wouldn't have any regrets, and that it wasn't just some... quick solution and instead was in fact the long term peace they deserved.

"Jack if you don't want to go and fight Hydra, if you don't want this final war, if you don't think its necessary then tell me... You know I'm always going to prefer you coming home to me in one piece than having to hold my breath and just pray you'll be alright instead." Still holding Jack's face in her hands, Angela gave him a warm smile to show that even i he reverted back to feeling the need to go up against Hydra, that she would be there for that too.

19. Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison Overwatch

Race:
    Super soldier
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Jack just stared at her, listening to what she had to say and testing how much she wanted this outcome. He wanted this, he wanted her more than anything he had wanted before, even revenge on Gabriel, even for the fall of Overwatch to have never happened, he wanted it over and done with just so they could get on with their lives. Now more than ever after hearing what she'd really been going through.He couldn't ask her to run into another war with him, not anymore. The elder leaned into her touch and held onto her thighs, making sure she was staying up straight in his lap. Could he do it? Could he just walk away and live a life with Angie without regretting letting Soldier 76 die out? He looked at her again and thought back, he thought back to that beautiful smile that helped him get over some of the stress back in the day. He thought back to teaching her to use that pistol of hers, to the Halloweens he spent at her side the whole party, wishing to say everything he felt for her. And he knew the answer, really he'd always known but his stubbornness, his selfish need to be a hero, to be the soldier that kept the scum from the good people of the world made him ignore it.

"I want to end this Angie, I wanna end this tonight with you, I need to end this war and just get on with my life...to be with you." He pulled her closer and kissed her softly. "I promise you....it's over Angie..."
    His words were muffled by her lips as he deepened the kiss and broke away to kiss across her jaw and up to her ear. "I...promise."

20. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Overwatch

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Finding and holding Jack's hands in her own, the doctor watched his face, his eyes as they seemed to span over timeless memories that Angela couldn't exactly make out but she had an idea of what he was thinking of. With a small smile she had brushed her thumb over his worn knuckles, lifting his hands to her lips where she brushed her lips against the skin soothingly, trying to bring the elder back to where she could speak to him and figure out what was actually going on in his mind.

As his warm hands pulled Angela closer, the woman felt her breath catch in her throat, eyelids fluttering at the fleeting kiss and to know that he was willing to end this long war he'd been fighting in for so long now.
    "Jack..." She breathed, her hands steadied on Jack's upper arms as her fingertips bit into his flesh just the tiniest amount, smiling to herself before she wound her arms around his shoulders and held onto him tightly.

"As much as I already know you're telling the truth... my heart needs to see it to believe it, Jack. So many times you've gone to war and you've come back but there was a time you did not, unexpectedly. And I just... just need to make sure that you'll come come to me, my hero you've done more than enough for the world." Leaning in, it was Angela's time to press a kiss to the man's lips, her fingertips gently gripping his face as she held him by his jaw and whispered.
    "Stay with me, my love."