By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

hell is empty, and all the demons are here

Discussion in 'AU Board' started by Shiho Suzui, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Shiho Suzui

Shiho Suzui Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    20th of November

Shiho sat, almost basking in the sun. It was a little corner cafe, which served excellent milkshakes. It would've felt like a betrayal of LeBlanc Deux, but there was only so much coffee you can drink in a day. And sometimes you just wanted ice cream. And chocolate. Shiho wasn't Ann, but she had her own type of sweet tooth. She kept an eye on her surroundings, just people watching. It was pleasant.

....was that? It couldn't be, could it? The hair was the same...the moment she got a glimpse of his face, Shiho went still, fear tingling up her spine. She grasped for her phone, pressing the first number that she could find, not game to move for fear of being noticed. If they were lucky, maybe this... Him was taken from after his change of heart. But if he wasn't...

..............X
    [​IMG]
    11/20/108

[​IMG]

help

2. Yuuki Mishima

Yuuki Mishima Persona
    #1 Phanboy

Ticketer at Galaxy Drive In
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    ..............X
    [​IMG]
    11/20/108

[​IMG]

Shi-san?

[​IMG]

What's wrong? Where are you?

Send
    type message here

#2 Yuuki Mishima, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Shiho Suzui likes this.
  3. Shiho Suzui

Shiho Suzui Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    He hadn't seen her, hadn't noticed her. Quietly, calmly, carefully, Shiho went inside the cafe, doing her best not to draw attention to herself at all. If any of the cafe employees noticed how distressed she was, they didn't say anything, didn't change their behaviours. She sat down, away from the windows, in a corner as best she could. She had texted... Yuu-kun? Oh that wasn't good. He wasn't safe around... him either.

..............X
    [​IMG]
    11/20/108

[​IMG]

Yuu-kun...

[​IMG]

Cafe, corner of Beat and Bass.

[​IMG]

I'm sorry.

[​IMG]

He's here.

[​IMG]

I saw him.

Send
    Type message here

4. Yuuki Mishima

Yuuki Mishima Persona
    #1 Phanboy

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Yuuki froze where he was walking, one foot half off the ground as a cold chill shot all the way through his body, stealing the air from his lungs. He was here. Oh, god, He was here.
    It felt like every phantom bruise roared back to life on his skin, and the only thing that kept him from descending completely into panic was the fact the Shiho was closer to his current location.

..............X
    [​IMG]
    11/20/108

[​IMG]

Oh my god

[​IMG]

Oh my God. Okay. Uh.

[​IMG]

I'm gonna come and grab you and also text Ren. If He sees me or... Something, i have a knife

Send
    type message here

Shiho Suzui likes this.
  5. Shiho Suzui

Shiho Suzui Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Shiho hated this. This feeling of waiting, of drawing fear. As if she was in a horror movie. She didn't want to be alone, but she didn't want Yuu-kun to feel this either. She knew, though, that there was nothing she could say now to stop him from coming.

..............X
    [​IMG]
    11/20/108

[​IMG]

I think I got inside before he saw me.

[​IMG]

why

[​IMG]

why do you have a knife?

Send
    Type message here

6. Yuuki Mishima

Yuuki Mishima Persona
    #1 Phanboy

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    ..............X
    [​IMG]
    11/20/108

[​IMG]

add-on to self defense

[​IMG]

I've been training with Makoto

[​IMG]

Hold on

Send
    type message here

Yuuki picked up the pace, darting between people on the street and pulling up his hood.

..............X
    [​IMG]
    11/20/108

[​IMG]

REN

[​IMG]

Please pick up your phone ohhhh god

[​IMG]

Kamoshida's here

7. Shiho Suzui

Shiho Suzui Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    ..............X
    [​IMG]
    11/20/108

[​IMG]

oh

[​IMG]

okay

[​IMG]

hes getting closer

Send
    Type message here

Yuuki Mishima likes this.
  8. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Ren had wandered up to the attic of his cafe to grab a few things that needed restocking downstairs. Mind a thousand miles away when he felt his phone buzz in his apron pocket. Hands full of assorted supplies, he ignored it until he was back downstairs - settled in the kitchen area. With his back leaning against the wall, he unlocked his phone. Brows pressing together as he read the words. Then reread them.

No.

Not here. Not Pandora. And if he could come, that meant...Shido could to. A possibility Ren had been too aware of for quite some time, but having yet another antagonist appear so shortly after Akechi...

He didn't like it.
    At all.

A half-formed text sat under his fingers, before he backspaced and simply called Mishima.

"Hey...are you safe? What's going on?" he didn't bother with a greeting or pleasantries.
    With Kamoshida here, there wasn't time for that.

Shiho Suzui likes this.
  9. Yuuki Mishima

Yuuki Mishima Persona
    #1 Phanboy

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    His phone buzzed as he ran, keeping his head down. Corner of Beat and Bass, where was this cafe... The idea that Kamoshida was here, and at any moment might recognize him, the fact that more could come... His parents might come and that possibility was terrifying. He pulled his phone out as he moved, trying to seem inconspicuous. Where was- There. There was the cafe.

"Ren?" Yuuki felt the name exit in a soft wheeze. His breath was coming fast from fear and the half sprint wasn't doing him any favors, also catching his attention vocally would be a disaster, so Yuuki was whispering. "I- I haven't seen him yet, I don't know where he is. Shi-san saw him and I'm ducking into a cafe she said she was hiding in if I can figure out how to do it without him seeing me. It's that little cafe on the corner of Beat and Bass."

His hands were shaking, his head was spinning a little bit. Somewhere he dully registered that this felt like a panic attack as he forced his feet to move and shaking legs to hold him up. He reached the door of the cafe, pushing in and looking around for Shiho, trying to calm his racing heart.

Shiho Suzui likes this.
  10. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Yuuki's voice hushed and nearly shaking; Ren's eyes closing as he tried to wrap his mind around everything. Taking a deep breath, he gave an unseen nod, "I'm on my way."

Removing his apron, he walked up front, "I'll be back later. Got something to take cafe of," he nodded to the girl working at the register - who simply wished him a good day.

No, today would not be good.

"See ya."

He quickly moved down the street - going towards the intersection Yuuki had told him about. Ren knew of the cafe in question. Wouldn't be long until he got there. Hopefully Kamoshida didn't see anything, and he would just find them both drinking some hot cocoa and everything would be fine.

He wish he could have believed that.

Kamoshida didn't know what was happening, and honestly it was really starting to annoy him. One moment he was just fine in his office, going over some plans for the volleyball team. The next? He was here. Wherever here was. People didn't even seem to bat a damned eye at him appearing in the middle of the sidewalk. A few people even welcomed him to "Pandora", before unhelpfully walking off.

Fuck them.
    Fuck this place.
    Fuck everyone, honestly.

His eyes locked onto something - or someone - familiar for a split second, before they dipped away from view. A smirk pulled at Kamoshido's lips as he started to pursue her. Then...oho who was this? Mishima here too? Kamoshida slowed his pace to allow the kid to go into the cafe without being interrupted. Easier to corner them both at once, and get some answers about whatever the fuck was going on. Surprising to see Suzui out and about, considering her recent spill, though. Maybe it was good he was seeing her here - a great time to remind her that it wouldn't be wise to ruin the lives of the entire volleyball team, just so she could feel important in front of the police.

He swung open the cafe door - eyes scanning over the place until he found them. A wicked smile pulling at his features as he moved towards them, "Look what we have here! My two favorite volleyball stars," the smile melted away, as a heat slid into his eyes, "I don't know what the fuck is going on here," his voice lowered so only they could hear, "But something tells me you two are responsible."

Yuuki Mishima and Shiho Suzui like this.
  11. Shiho Suzui

Shiho Suzui Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Shiho looked up from her phone when the bell on the door rang, doing her best to avoid attention as she did so. Luckily, it wasn't him. It was Yuu-kun, which was such a relief. At least... at least she wasn't facing this alone. She raised a hand, and waved as inconspicuously as possible, when...

Shiho froze, a wave of memories and phantom sensations rushing over her, and the feeling of hands, and pain, and helplessness, and...

too much

it was all too much

she was drowning, lost in memories and pain, and it was all too much

She started to breath, not responding, but soft, slow breathes, that were rapidly getting quicker, spiralling because everything was suddenly too much, and she couldn't be here anymore but she couldn't move either, trapped in this spiral of fight-or-flight mixing up altogether until she couldn't tell the two apart, and some part of her screamed silently for Yuu-kun, for the fact that she couldn't do anything, because it was all too much, because he was here and she didn't even have Ann, and suddenly she was back at that rooftop, but there was no escape this time. Some part of her, the part resisting, the part that was just scared, the part that was angry, an other self she didn't realise she had, made her bring her hand up and out to the side surreptitiously, summoning a waiter.

Some kind of interference, please.

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  12. Yuuki Mishima

Yuuki Mishima Persona
    #1 Phanboy

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    The voice chilled Yuuki's spine, a shot of ice down his back, no doubt Ren could hear the voice through the call. His head was already spinning and his breaths were so short it felt like suffocating. He turned as he walked forwards, reflexively backing up until he was practically pinned against the table by the fire in that stare.
    It felt like a dream, a nightmare, and terror all at once, and Shiho's weak gesture seemed to have caught the eyes of some staff, who were eyeing the situation uneasily. Yuuki could barely pull himself out of his head enough to react.

Pandora. Phone. Ren. Ren. Ren is coming... Something is coming to help. Maybe. Just... Maybe he can hold this off. A soft wheeze was all that Kamoshida got in reply for a moment, but as the waiter walked over, a shaking movement had the knife out of Yuuki's pocket and unsheathed.
    Several people gasped, the waiter stepped back, and Yuuki moved literally onto the chair next to Shiho, trying to block her with his own body, shaking hand pointing the knife at their personal hell.

"Get away from me." He surprised himself with the venom in his voice, and how it barely wavered. He felt dizzy, the room was spinning, this was definitely deep in the middle of panic, he felt like he was about to die.
    The quiet of his voice before implied he didn't want to make a scene. His and Shi-san's safety might rely entirely on Yuuki making the biggest goddamn scene he possibly could.

He would not fail her again.

"Don't you dare touch me, don't you dare ask me for an explanation, get away from me, and from Shi-san. I don't want you near me or her and I want you to leave us alone, you sick monster!"

Ren Amamiya and Shiho Suzui like this.
  13. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Content Warning

Oh, you have got to be fucking kidding me. The kid had a knife? Pointed at him? Oh this was too good. Too easy. A laugh falling from his lips, as he shook his head.

"Big mistake," his voice low - a private warning, before he turned his attention to the oh-so-excitable masses, "Can you believe this kid? I just ask for some directions and he pulls a knife on me!" the crowd murmuring as he gave them a little show - offering a knowing smirk to the two terrified kids in front of him.

It was tempting to rip Mishima a few new assholes for this move. Having the gall to pull a knife on him. Shouldn't have been that surprising with his whole burst of rebellion with that disaster transfer student, and Sakamoto after Suzui tried to off herself. Still, disappointing. Mishima was absolutely useless at volleyball, but he sure was great to relieve stress with. Sometimes satisfying about making the kid whimper. Bleed a little. Hit him so hard he looked like he wasn't sure where he was for just a moment.

Unfortunately they were in public. People with too many opinions and probably phones to record it all, surrounding them. He had to play it like he always did in public at schools. It was easy to manipulate the opinions of people around them. Just had to say the right thing, smile at the right time. He was handsome and famous enough, the rest sort of just fell into place.

In moments this shit-stain of a child would be arrested, and he could maybe figure out what the hell was going on with his day. And...maybe bring Suzui along for the ride.

Why wasn't Yuuki texting him back? Ren force-closing his phone's messaging app and reopening it, to make sure he wasn't missing anything. Mishima had been moments from seeing if Shiho was okay.

Then...nothing.

If everything was fine, Mishima would have checked in. Reassured Ren that nothing was wrong, and maybe even a false alarm. Take them both back to his home, and warm up with some food.

But there was nothing.

Ren's fast walk fell into a jog - then run. Only moments later, he was just outside the cafe - standing just outside the glass as Mishima...pulled a knife on Kamoshida.

He had to do something. Fast. Before this got any worse than it was.

Silently, he slipped into the front of the cafe - idly watching as Kamoshida tried to turn the crowd within the place against Mishima. It was just like Shido. Anger boiled within Ren, as he moved along the opposite wall - making a point to not look directly at the scene to his right. He needed to get the crowd out of here. He needed to get Mishima and Shiho away from him. He needed to fix this--

Stay calm.
    He had to stay calm.

Ren's eyes landed on the answer - a smile pulling at his lips.

A fire alarm sat nestled by a painting near the back of the cafe next to the bathrooms.

Worth a shot at least.

Ren pulled the alarm; a deafening sound filling the cafe as the sprinklers began to spray water. People rushing towards the door in a hurry.

Perfect.

Ren calmly walked over to the scene with a neutral expression - watching as anger pulled at Kamoshida's features. Placing himself between Mishima and Kamoshida he held the man's gaze.

Shiho Suzui likes this.
  14. Yuuki Mishima

Yuuki Mishima Persona
    #1 Phanboy

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Yuuki's stomach was dropping out of his body and he was ready to faint. Easy easy, he'd just turned the whole cafe into a war zone for the two vaguely helpless high-schoolers. One of the waiters was coming over to take the knife but before anyone could do much, the fire alarm blared.
    The sound hurt his already overwhelmed brain and he flinched back, stumbling in front of Shiho, the knife vanishing back to wherever he'd pulled it from.

Someone stepped between Kamoshida and him, holding some kind of ground and Yuuki felt relief nearly overwhelm him, black out all the ringing and the terror for just a moment.
    Ren was still dressed half in his cafe stuff -- he'd come from the cafe? There was an irrelevant and ridiculous shot of guilt for troubling Ren with their literal bodily safety -- and he was there, and standing strong, and if God himself came down to smite him, he felt somewhere deep, warm, and idiotic, that Ren would destroy God himself to defend the two of them.

He said nothing, only curled his trembling fist in the back of Ren's shirt. He couldn't relax here, not now, but there was a little more strength to his tear-stained eyes.

Ren Amamiya likes this.
  15. Ren Amamiya

Ren Amamiya Persona
    Joker

Cafe LeBlanc Deux Owner
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Content Warning Sort Of

Kamoshida
    Well, this was starting to get interesting. A fire alarm blaring, fucking cold water shooting from the sprinklers over head. Any scene that was starting to form, killed before it could even really start. However, if they were alone he could have more fun. Be more honest with himself, instead of just using the poor fucks around them as tools. Silently he wondered how hard it would be to break Mishima's jaw. Kid looked like a hard breeze could knock him over, so it shouldn't be too difficult. Couldn't exactly run to the cops if he couldn't talk. Gave Kamoshida the upper hand in explaining the kid had pulled a knife on him. Everyone saw it. Anything that happened outside the view of others, was just very clearly self defense.

And Suzui was never hard to keep quiet.

But then that fucking transfer kid put himself between Kamoshida and his star volleyball players. It shouldn't have annoyed him as much as he did. Who even was this kid? He only knew as much as Mishima was able to dig up, and what the principal told the teachers. Some punk who was arrested for assault and put on probation. Rest of the details were scattered and fuzzy at best. Kamoshida wouldn't have pegged him for the criminal type. Looked closer to the president of the chess club then someone who had the balls to hit a grown man. But it was hard to forget that little scene with him, Sakamoto, and Mishima. He was good at getting people worked up; picked the perfect mark with that bottle-blond-bitch.

Maybe that's why he looked the way that he did. So people didn't realize what was lurking behind those glasses of his.

If he wasn't such a fucking thorn in his side, Kamoshida might have even liked him.
    Too bad he put himself between the King and his subjects.

"Back for more, I see. Is getting kicked out of school and breaking your probation not enough? Hungry for more? What're you gonna do? Hit me?"

Kamoshida found himself curious if the kid was all bark and no bite. After all, he did have Sakamoto fight his battles for him.

But he wasn't afraid. Even if the kid hit him, he was too thin to cause any real damage. Probably feel like a gentle breeze.

Then, of course, he'd repay the favor in kind.

Ren
    Normally days felt off for Ren, before something bad happened. He just became too aware of the fact there were less birds singing in the morning, or the way the wind seemed to blow the wrong way. It was probably just in his head, but it always put him on edge until the inevitable bad thing happened.

But the day hadn't been like that. Nothing seemed broken or off until that text from Yuuki. Then...everything was starting to come crashing down. Kamoshida had found them. Mishima had drawn a knife on him. A fire alarm pulled to get people away. And now he was putting himself between his friends, and danger.

Ren knew how his luck worked, and no matter what happened next, he'd likely end up arrested for assault. Kamoshida would lie, even if he didn't raise a finger. Adults would believe adults. And the process would start all over again. But it didn't matter, as long as the people behind him were safe. As long as Kamoshida couldn't get to them, it didn't matter what happened to him.

"I want to, but no," Ren's hands hung loosely at his sides, as the water continued to pour from the sprinklers over head, "You don't have any power here," his voice even - back straight, "We're not in Tokyo anymore. Here, you're not an Olympic medalist or even a teacher. Here, you're a nobody and you can't do anything to me. Or them," he motioned with his chin over his shoulder at his friends behind them.

"Is that supposed to scare me?" Kamoshida leaned in - his face far too close to Ren's.
    "No, it's supposed to warn you."
    "Exactly who the fuck," he pressed a finger to Ren's chest, "Do you think you are?"
    "A nobody," a smile brushed Ren's lips, "Just like you."

Kamoshida swung, Ren leaning slightly to the side to avoid it. For a trained athlete it was sort of a messy punch. Too much tell that he was going to swing - aim veering off to the right a bit too far.

Which - of course - only seemed to make him more mad. Kamoshida raising his fist once more to try to break Ren's glasses - but for the first time in Ren's life his luck was good.

A fire-fighter walked through the door - appearing annoyed at the sprinklers, before his attention slipped to an adult about to strike a teenager who was standing before other scared looking teenagers.

Ren smiled as the fire-fighter approached Kamoshida from behind - grabbing his arm.
    "Sir! What do you think you're doing?"

Offering Kamoshida a wink, he turned his attention back to Shiho and Mishima behind him, "Let's get out of here."

Shiho Suzui and Yuuki Mishima like this.
  16. Yuuki Mishima

Yuuki Mishima Persona
    #1 Phanboy

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Yuuki had stepped back the minute they'd started trading sass and was helping Shi-san get to her feet, whispering to her and trying to get them both steady.
    Then Kamoshida had swung and Yuuki's heart leapt into his throat, a cry dying before it made any noise as Ren dodged the punch, smooth as breathing. The rage that formed in Kamoshida's eyes chilled his spine again and then, then the Gods of Pandora were merciful.

The fireman had caught him. Adult saw an adult going after a child, others came into the scene and by then Yuuki was soaked through and running on fumes. Ren's voice sounded like the only stable thing in the universe.
    "Yeah." His voice almost croaked, but he managed a weak smile at Ren, no longer sure what was sprinkler water and what was tears.

Shiho Suzui and Ren Amamiya like this.
  17. Shiho Suzui

Shiho Suzui Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Shiho latched onto Yuu-kun reassurances like a lifeline, because it was, a way out of the too much, back into the now, she got her feet unsteadily, feeling the water from the sprinklers drip onto her hair and down her face. Some of it was warm, because she couldn't hold everything back, but something in her, now that she wasn't drowning anymore, straightened her spine and calmed her breath, like a guiding hand, reminding her that she wasn't alone anymore.

There was an adult there, telling off... the other. He seemed kind, and stern, and Shiho knew better than almost anyone that Kamoshida didn't do anything in public, desperate to retain his image. They were safe. For now. She hobbled past him, breathing stopping for the moment that she seemed to pass under his gaze, before she turned back, something almost compelling the words she said next. "You took everything from me," she said quietly, a faint undertone of some kind of vicious triumph. "And now there's nothing left to take, and you don't have a hold over me anymore. And the people here wouldn't forgive you like back home. You're nobody. You've lost everything, and we're still standing." Then she turned, and kept on walking as best she could.

Despite her words, though, something in her was so close to breaking, and she knew she didn't have long before she lost it entirely, before fear and terror won once more.

Ren Amamiya and Yuuki Mishima like this.